Carnal Nightmare [ FINISHED RP]

Re: Carnal Nightmare

As Creed suspected, it had been getting much colder than usual this year. In fact, the freeze that came in February was already here in October. It wasn't just that though, the hunter also felt something else in the air. Something dark, something that not only brought the cold, but also possessed it.

In the sky, hoovering in the air like an arctic, north wind, was a Demon. A demon whos blood ran colder than the coldest December night. His eyes were like two ice cubs and his body was like a snow storm. He wasn't as rage and hate filled as other demons, but still he was out to cause pain and suffering. He took glee in the cold weather he brought, he took pride in the people he tormented. And as he crested the sky, just over Hope Falls, he wanted something. It was a power that drew him, just like it did the rest. It was Helaine, and he wanted to get her and keep her for his own.

Creed Sat down in a hard backed chair across from Helaine. He poured himself a little more Coco, then spoke.

" I feel that you should stay close to me for a while, at least until we can figure out why you attract these evils, and until we can figure out a way to stop it altogether." He took a sip of the warm sweetness " I know that you are perfectly capable of taking care of yourself, but with us both on the look out the whole Town will be safer."

This did make Helaine smile, though briefly as her smiles tended not to last long, and were rare. "I certainly don't mind staying here, Creed. I'm just concerned, how long will I be here? Or should we just see how it goes? Because if that's the case I'm definitely going to need to get a few of my clothes and things from my own apartment. But we could wait until this storm's lessened." She added, not wanting to seem pushy. But a girl's personal clothes and hygiene products were pretty essential. She had no idea she was being watched, and assumed that 'bad feeling' was because the weather was turning harsh. She also wanted to learn how to use that 'innate power' that seemed to blow monsters to pieces, but she had a back up power she realized she would have to start using again if she wanted to stop looking like a complete moron-hunter. She wasn't sure if she could tell Creed about this one though. It would probably make him uneasy if he knew. . .

"Alright, that's a good idea." Said Creed looking out the window. A slight rain had started, and from the look of the skies it was just the start. They were dark, almost black, with long swooping definition. It looked almost as if they had more than just rain in them, Creed shut the curtain and walked back to the fire. He threw another log on the fire and watched it blaze to life. It was amazing what a fire could do for a tired body and cold bones. He watched it for a moment, enjoing the way the flame made patterns against the white wall.

"I can give you a ride in a while, or in the morning if your tired." He flushed slightly, but turned quickly to head back into the kitchen. Maybe that wasn't the best choice of words.

Helaine smiled, realizing this poor guy was probably just as nervous as she was! "The morning should be alright, I think we're both tired tonight. So... I'll sleep on the living room couch?" She asked, not minding where she slept. Sometimes during extensively long hunts, she'd have to take brief naps in the alley-ways or a bush! A couch would be just as nice for her as a bed. In fact, her apartment's bed, wasn't all that comfortable either, mostly just a twin sized mattress, since she rarely slept.

"Yea, the couch." Said Creed "Unless you want a bed, this hose is way to big for me, I have more rooms than I know what to do with." He scratched his head absently "Unless you want to stay down here that is....I could get you a pillow and blankets. It stays nice and warm because of the fire" He caught himself, rambling again.

He went to get her a pillow when he noticed something on the window, It looked like frost, thick and icy, but it couldn't be. It hadn't been that cold had it? He brought the Pillow and blanket to Helaine, throwing another log on the fire before heading up to bed.

Hopefully in the morning they would be better rested and could go get Helaine's things from her house.

"Thanks, I should be plenty warm with the blankets and the fire." She said. She watched Creed leave for his own room, and curled up on the couch, settling comfortably. Lulled by a sense of security she hadn't known before, she soon fell asleep, but something felt wrong enough for her to not sleep too heavy. In fact, an hour after she'd fallen asleep, she woke back up, shivering despite the warm fire. She walked over to the front living room window, rubbing her eyes in disbelief. It was entirely encased with ice. This couldn't be right. . .In fact, the weather today hadn't said anything at all about a blizzard. But that's exactly what was happening outside the mansion!

Creed awoke and could hardly believe his eyes. Outside his bedroom window was covered in thick ice. Upon further inspection, he saw that one hell of a storm must have hit in the few hours he was asleep because there was at least three feet of thick snow blanketing the ground. Creed also noticed that a slight mist was coming from his mouth. Was it that cold? He checked the thermostat in his room and saw that it was almost freezing inside. what the hell? How could that be possible when he had the fire going? He ran downstairs and saw Helaine standing by the window. When he turned to look at the fire place he saw that not only was the fire out, but a layer of ice had developed over the embers...Something wasn't right. And as Creed got prepared to go outside, he knew that today was not going to be as good as he initially thought.

Helaine felt freezing suddenly, even with the fire and the heater going. She didn't like how cold the inside of the house was becoming, but there was something that could melt ice. . .one of her powers happened to be Pyrokenisis, the ability to control fire at will. She looked grimly out the window, wondering if this was a normal freak blizzard or a darker source. She knew it would be impossible to go get anything today, that was for certain.

Creed wanted to have a nice relaxing mourning, maybe a little coffee and then a hot shower, but no. Apparently Hope falls and its crazy weather could not wait! He threw on his coveralls and a wool padded jacket. On his head went a leather had with fur coated ear flaps. Under his arm was a loaded shot-gun with blessed shells. He wasn't sure, but had a feeling that something was out there. It only made sense that another Demon had followed Helaone to his home. In a small part of his mind, way in the back, Creed thought that mayne that was why he wanted to be around her, The masochist inside him was asking for the punishment. He held his hand to the ice cold door handle that would grant him access to the outside world, but then, thinking it was the right thing to do, turned to Helaine.

"You want to come with? I think there may be more out here than just a winter storm. I'm not going far, just around the house"

"I was thinking the same thing most of last night. Yes I'll go." She agreed, having already showered and dressed earlier. She stepped outside into the nearly- blinding blizzard after he'd opened the door, charging up a wicked fire-wave just in case she might need to unleash it soon. Or would she even have the chance? She hoped so, considering by now this was not a normal storm by any means.

Watching high above was the Ice Demon. He wasn't currently in a human form. At times like this, when he was 'having fun' with the elements, he took on the form of drifting snow. Kinda like you might see on long stretches of highway,blowing across the road. This morning had been quite enjoyable for him, he spent it circling Creed's home, sending blankets of snow, as well as ice, onto it mercilessly. He would laugh, but it would only sound like an icy, winter wind. Just as Creed and Helaine exited the house, he decided to send them a little greeting. He blew gale force winds, mixed with snow, onto them.

Helaine was blown literally right against Creed's back! She felt blinded by snow flurries in her eyes and this wind was turning painful. Whatever fire-energy she'd been charging up actually dissolved from how intense the cold was. "Creed! I think whatever it is that's causing this might be straight ahead!" She yelled over the blustering winds. This wasn't turning out well at all, and soon she felt frostbite creeping in her skin and hair.

Creed was just out the door, with Helaine behind him, as he felt a slight breeze pick up. He wondered briefly if they were in the center, or the eye, of the storm. His thoughts were quickly dismissed however as a the wind hit him head on, it sent him -almost- sprawling to the ground. Luckily, Creed ran everyday, so his balance was top notch. And if it wasn't for the fact that the wind came up so fast, he may not stumbled at all. Just as he became steady on his feet, another wind shot from the sky, this time he felt Helaine collide with him, this was too much, it sent them both to the ground. Creed turned over, taking Helain with him, then thought better of getting up. As it was, the wind was getting more fierce and as they lay on the ground, the two were pelted with heavy snow and ice. Something had to be done.

"I have a feeling." Creed yelled through the howling wind "That this isn't an ordinary storm…I think there is a Demon behind it."

Helaine couldn't even get back up because every time she tried, she was knocked back by another wind blasting her with full force. "I think I have to agree. Question is, what should we do? If it's a demon, it's not exactly going to just let us get back up and walk over to kill it." She called back, her eye brows furrowed with worry. She felt colder by the second, and her skin was almost pale as the snow, her lips were even turning a shade of blue! She never did fare well in freezing weather.

Creed was hoping to see Helaine use her ,Magic for lack of a better word, again. He felt kind of bad putting her in this situation, but he wanted to see it first hand. He wanted to see if she really had the power that he thought she did. Fighting Demons was one thing, but being able to kill them with a single blow>? That was something truly special. It was something, Creed thought, that could be harnessed to possibly wipe the Demons of the face of the map. And if not that, at least the ones in Hope falls. Creed got up on one Knee, steadied himself, then helped Helaine up.

"Ok, Lets go on. We must not show fear to this thing." Creed stood, Making sure Helaine was on her feet before moving on. AS they walked through the snow Creed realized that he had never in his life felt the temperature drop this low in Hope falls.

Whatever this thing was, It was pissed.

"Alright then." She felt not quite solid anymore as the icy cold settled so firmly in her body, she was almost floating rather than standing on her own feet. Oddly detached, she brought forth the fire again into her palms, clenching them into fists. "Come out now, demon! You can't keep hiding!" She called, deciding taunting might draw out the creature faster than wandering aimlessly through this blustering storm. She wanted to fry it, and then go back and get warm. This cold was getting worse by the minute. If they stayed out too long, both of them might freeze to death.

Creed watched as Helaine began to take on an almost 'airy' quality, for alack of a better word. Surrounded by the snow and mist it was hard to tell if she was even standing on the ground anymore. Creed had seen a lot of crazy things in his life as a hunter, but he had to rub his eye and do a double take at this. He steadied himself as another wave of cold blew at them. He searched the sky with his weapon aimed aimlessly. Then he saw it. A black shape in the sky, it -had- to be the Demon, and it was headed straight for them.

Helaine saw the demon the same time Creed did, and launched her own fire-packed spheres of power straight for it. The air warmed instantly as the fire streaked towards the demon, and she always felt unreal after using a lot of power. But it was necessary, and she just might be more capable as a hunter if she used her gifts more often, rather than hiding them. Of course there was a catch; she tired easily, and her immune system had never been very strong. She shoved any concern for herself in the back of her mind. Hunting mattered, she didn't. Right now her target was about to be burnt to a crisp- hopefully!

The demon took a slightly human form as he came closer to them. His body was thick and packed with muscle. A slight mist rose from his skin, like a cold window on a crispy cold day. His eyes were the deepest Blue Creed had ever seen, blue but ice cold. He was vicious and his face sowed it. Creed watched as Helaine launched some heat at it, a magnificent display of her unique power. The demon was hit, but not seriously wounded. He landed on the ground, creating a six foot thick wall of ice around himself and Helaine, and on the other side of that wall, was Creed, furious and fuming.

"So." Said the Demon in a cold voice "You tried to burn me, my dear?" A small patch of charbroiled skin was flaking off his chest where HElaine had struck him. "Too bad you're weak at the moment, we could have fought it out" He laughed at this, a cold spray of ice and snow coming from his mouth as he did so. "Now I think I'll take you for a while" With that, from what Creed could see, He escaped with Helaine to the sky.

Creed punched the ice wall, causing his knuckles to bleed. HE ran into the house to prepare to find Helaine. He only hopped she could hold on until he found her.

Helaine screamed, caught completely by surprise as she was lifted into the snow-blasted air by the ice demon. She struggled furiously, but her powers drained her strength dry the longer she used them, and she realized she'd have to conserve her strength if she wanted another opening to finish this monster off. The cold had made her almost completely frost-bitten from head to toe, and it was a strain just to keep her eyes open. She knew Creed would be looking for her, but how would he find her if this demon took her too far away without even a trail to follow? The blizzard alone would be enough to overwhelm Creed no matter how good he was at tracking. "Let me go!" She demanded of the demon, tired of being harassed by these stupid demons!