Carnal Nightmare [ FINISHED RP]

Re: Carnal Nightmare

Creed left a short message, figuring she was busy at work. He decided to spend the rest the day getting things ready for the night. After dinner he planned to go out on patrol. He liked to keep an eye out on the streets, because as a resident of Hope Falls he knew that things were never safe. There was always something out there. And when one thing went away (SETH) another was sure to follow in its place. He glanced at his watch while shapinign up some Knives and loading up guns, 9pm. Well, it looked like he would be leaving soon.

*Ring Ring Ring*

It was his cell phone. He picked it up, ot was Helaine.

He didn't waste anytime in asking her the question he'd been wanted to ask all day.

"Would you like to have dinner with me? Not like a date.... but business related, of course." He blushed on the other end, burying his face in his hand silently. Why was he always tripping over his damn words? He let it go and decided to wait for her answer.

He could go on patrol after dinner.

Helaine hid her own smile by another drink of coffee, freshly brewed- before answering. "Of course, I'd like to. What time and what place?" She asked, reminding herself it would only be a business date, and that her heart should stop pounding so loud, since most men avoided her like the plague; being that she was too independent for their tastes. She gave a mental shrug, some people were born to live alone, and she was probably in that category.

Creed never dated much - NOT that this was even a date - due to his line of work. Being a hunter had always isolated him and made him feel very different from those around him. A part of him felt like he never really got to enjoy life like other people. It was a thankless job in someways, but the feeling that he got when he fought evil was second to none and he wouldn't trade it for anything.

"We'll I was thinking the 'Three Brothers' Italian restaurant. I could pick you up in an hour, if that works?" Did that sound too much like a date? Creed almost wished he could have taken his words back, but it was too late now.

Creed was surprised he was so nervous, it wasn't like he hadn't had dinner with people before, regardless, his fists were clenched into tight balls as he waited for her response.

Helaine gave the poor hunter a break, after all, he sounded as nervous as she felt! "That would be fine. Much faster than me trying to walk that many blocks, thank you. I'll certainly be ready in an hour.... is it a casual dress place or formal wear?" She asked, not wanting to show up and embarrass him, even if it was only 'a business date'. The thought of her dating at all made her smirk ironically at herself for the fact relationships were extremely dangerous for any hunter to have. The supernatural scum sometimes used people the hunter was close to as bait. . .and there were times that hunter couldn't save who he or she was in love with in time from a painful death. She knew first hand about the concept of 'loving and losing.' She'd have to be careful not to get attached too fast to this guy. . .easier said than done.

"Its a pretty relaxed place, I'm just gonna wear jeans with a jacket. Nothing fancy." So, I'll be there to pick you up in about 40 minutes."

Creed got into his car and took off towards Helaine's house. She lived across town from him, so it took about 20minutes to get there. He was no longer nervous and felt pretty good about seeing her again. The circumstances they met under were far from normal, but that didn't mean they couldn't enjoy an evening out together. He pulled up to the curb and left the engine running. He hopped out and rang the door bell.

Helaine brushed out -what she thought was her best feature, even though she was rather beautiful- her long hair, and pulled on a clean blue blouse with a pair of black pants and casual socks with sneakers. She grabbed a form-fitting leather jacket, which also held another stake, just in case trouble decided to follow, before going out to Creed's car. "It's good to see you again, under nicer circumstances." She told him, climbing in the vehicle on the passenger side. She buckled up, remembering how fast he drove.

"Yes." Said Creed as he pulled away from the curb and out onto the street "Better circumstances indeed."

He drove onto the highway and slammed on the gas, taking the car from 30mph to 75 in a matter of seconds. He hit the left blinker and shot over into the fast lane. Creed was a fast driver, but he was good and always under control. The restaurant wasn't far from where they were and Creed planned to get there before they got a big dinner rush. His mind was racing over all the things that he was going to say, about how he thought maybe they should work together, maybe spend evenings going over various tactics, things like that.

They pulled up to the "three Brothers" just as the place was getting busy. Creed jumped out of the car and hurried over to open the door for Helaine. He had to tell himself over and over that 'Shes a damn hunter too, she doesn't need some guy doing stuff like opening doors' but he coulden't helped it. He was raised to be respectful to women. He found them a table on the second floor with a nice view of the west end of Hope Falls.

Helaine thanked Creed for opening the doors, and let him lead the way inside, since this place was mostly his usual haunt. She sat at the booth in the far back room where conversations didn't travel that easily, and looked at the menu to see what she'd want to try. "I'll have a coca cola to drink please, and my order will be the shrimp pasta." She'd brought her purse in case she should pay for her own dinner, which would be fine for her either way. She settled in her seat, wondering what Creed's favorite food was.

Creed wasn't all that hungry but at the same time, he was never - not hungry. He looked over the menu while thinking to himself how to word what he intended to ask Helaine. He wanted it to come out just right, so as not to sound too much like he actually wanted her company. In fact, the life of a hunter had isolated Creed beyond belief. He was not only lonely, but totally alone. Everyday passed by, and sometimes he caught himself dreaming of having something more. Not just something more than hunting, but something more than himself. He wanted human contact. A life that restricted you to mostly the undead and other various types of creatures usually left little room for anything else. Creed was shaken from his thoughts by the waiter, who had apparently asked his question several times.

"Oh, yes." Said Creed, trying to play it off lie he was totally engrossed in the menu. "I'll have a root beer and some of that Rigatoni with the meat sauce" He smiled over at Helaine, still trying to decide how to ask her if she wanted to join forces.

Helaine ate some of her own food before taking a sip of her drink. After brushing her face carefully with her napkin, she managed a smile for Creed. "So, I understand this is a business proposition. I'm all ears. But. . .if I'm to be a partner. . ." She looked down again, completely embarrassed. "Well, you saw how miserably I fought back there the other night. I'm not as good as I used to be apparently." She might as well let him know what he'd be getting involved with if he wanted anything to do with her. Truthfully, she felt miserable about her failures. For each failure she ever had, she beat herself up, literally forever about it until she could prove to herself that she wasn't the worst hunter in the world.

Creed listened while sipping his root beer. For a moment he thought how funny it may have been to some that a Hunter was drinking a root beer and talking business about killing creatures of the night, but he dismissed the thought.

"I understand, but you aren't miserable, or a failure. It takes a lot of guts to be a hunter, and all of us, myself included have been beat a few times at least. It's not for the faint of heart. And even if you think you did poorly with Seth, I respect you. I think you're really great, honestly..." Creed trailed off, trying to fight the flush that was coming over his face.

"Well, what i purpose is this. It seems to me that Something about Hopefalls is drawing these creatures here. Just this past month I have encountered several Wraith as well as Demons. Although I could not handle them all, I think if we worked together we would have a better chance. Also I have a feeling that the old part of the rural cemetery may have something to do with it. That place has some dark energy about it." He stopped again, Fixing his dark blue eyes on Helaine.

"The first thing I wanted to do is check that place out..and if your not busy I would like you to join me."

Well, that was always surprising for Helaine to hear. She'd been such a lone hunter for so long, she didn't think she'd ever hear those words. But, she decided she'd been Ms. lone hunter long enough, and was already going over the pro's to having a partner. They -would- get a lot more slaying done if they worked together. Perhaps this would even be the start of a gathering for other hunters to consider joining forces. Though most knew how important it was to keep a low profile. "Alright. I'm not busy, just have a crazy work-schedule. But my routine is pretty basic. I slay un-dead beasties usually right after work. My shift ends sometimes between 9p.m. and 10:00pm. So that's what I do the rest of my evening." Sleep? ...... pretty rarely. It was much easier killing bad guys than facing her kind of dreams.

The food got to their table as Creed listened to Helaine. He nodded occasionally over his Rigatoni. He devoured his food like a wild beast that had gone without food for a week, not a slob, just fast. As he was finishing his last sip of root beer he noticed that it was already getting late.

"That sounds good. Maybe tomorrow after work I could pick you up and we could go out there?"

Creed was not really use to planning his hunting, but it seemed like the right thing to do. He also had a bad feeling about something that he didn't want to tell Helaine about. He had wondered why Seth, a powerful Vampire, had been after her. The thing that made it strange was the fact that she was a Hunter and still he pursued her. Creed had a feeling that she might be the reason for all the dark activity in Hopefalls, but he didn't say anything to her yet.

He drove to her house and opened the door.

"Well, thank you for coming out with me and I'll see you tomorrow at 9"

"Thank you, for inviting me. And yes, 9 will be alright." She agreed, stepping out of the vehicle so she didn't slow him down on his drive home. She'd never thought of herself as the reason for all the monsters arriving in Hope Falls. She just figured the place had a hell mouth or some sort of dark portal under it. After all, those things were more normal than humans who attracted demons. And even if she -did- attract them, the next obvious question would be, what was it about her that made them so eager to go to Hope Falls?

Creed drove home, not really focused on his driving, but more so on Helaine. Was she the reason that Hope Falls had been the target to dark forces? And if so, why? What was it about her that attracted evil? Creed wanted to find out, because if she was the reason behind it all she would never be safe here. Creed pulled into his driveway and made sure set the motion detectors and lock the iron gate behind him, no use in taking chances. He made his way inside and shut the front door. He was tired, the last couple days had been long - and exhausting- , mentally and physically.

Tomorrow night Creed would confirm his theory about Helaine.

Eventually, Helaine managed to freshen up before getting ready for bed. She unbound her hair from it's pony tail, brushed it, then crawled under the covers of her own bed. She felt oddly guilty for even resting while there were creatures out stalking innocent humans, but she wasn't going to get anything accomplished while low on energy herself. Glad tomorrow wasn't a work day, she planned on spending most of it house-cleaning and relaxing for a change. She might even take her weapons from the lab and test a few on target practices to make sure they would work when they needed to. A hunter never had too many weapons.

As Helaine was getting ready for bed a dark, ominous force was outside her house….waiting and watching. It moved like a shadow in the night, like a cold breeze in the wind, carrying with it one thousand years of death, doom and destruction. It really had no human form, but when it wanted it could be seen as a gnarled beast with spikes running down its back. Its head was contorted into an oblong shape that twisted up at the top to form a sharp point. Its eyes were blacker than the darkest December night, and just about as cold. However, at the moment, it was in a gaseous form and it was currently watching Helaine. It was drawn to her, with a passion that it hadn't felt in a long time. It wanted her, and in its twisted mind it would get whatever it wanted.

Abut the same time the Dark force left, unnoticed from Helaine's window, Creed was taking a hot shower. Hot steam rose from the incased glass enclosure and he was currently soaping down his body, It felt good take a hot shower on a cold night such as this. His mind was on hunting, as usual, but at the same time he was thinking about Helaine, almost like the Dark force was. And just like the Demon that was currently haunting the night, Creed wanted her too.

Helaine had no idea she was being watched, or that she was in danger either. But the nightmares began kicking in soon after she hit REM sleep. It was starting to get to the point where she hated resting. If she could live without it, she'd gladly sacrifice it to add more hours of being awake. She was strangely having a dream about absolute darkness that night, which wasn't all that far from reality just outside her window. . .It would be nice for her if she could just dream about nice guys like Creed. But, she didn't even have that option as the dreams felt smothering before long.

Creed woke early the next day, ready to meet up with Helaine that night. He got an early run in, not as long as usual, but still very invigorating. When he got back he went straight to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. After eating he started getting ready, a little early, but thats just how Creed did things. He liked a lot of time to mentally prepare for his work as a Hunter. It was more than work in a lot of ways, it was also a life long commitment. Creed was looking forward to meeting with Helaine and seeing how she worked under pressure, but at the same time he was quite sure she was used to creepy places like graveyards.

He put on his pants, black cargo pants that fit perfectly around his black widow combat boots. His chest was covered with a light, black leather padding, it went under his shirt. Always a white tee, it was his way of showing the Demons that he was not one of them since they usually identified with black, however, over that was a black jeans jacket, because it was also important to be able to become one with the shadows. After getting dressed he got his weapons. A long trench knife, a relic from WWI, that went in a sheath on his left thigh. Strapped to his back was a sawed-off shot-gun with exploding shells. And finally, he carried a spiked bat that had been blessed by the local priest. It was his favorite weapon and quite devastating too.

Ready for action, Creed hopped in his car and headed over to Helaine's work. He got there early and waited outside. She would be off soon and then it would be off to the Rural Cemetery.

.....Above where Creed was parked, unknown to him, was the dark force. It was watching, casting a black cloud of death over the land. For the moment it wanted to remain hidden, but when the time was right it would no doubt strike.

As soon as Helaine got off work -ironically, her off day had been cut short just as she knew it would be-, she wandered over to Creed's car, feeling used to being in his company already. "So how long do you want to patrol tonight?" She asked casually as Creed parked at the cemetery. She'd dressed casually, her hair tied back, and her stake concealed in her thin sports jacket. She wanted to get this cemetery thing over with, because truthfully, a bad feeling was seriously rattling her brain just then.