Carnal Nightmare [ FINISHED RP]

Re: Carnal Nightmare

Day Light. The most miserable thing on earth for a hungry Vampire. Seth was seething with hatred as he lay, staring up at the stone topped crypt. The crypt provided more than enough cover from the harsh rays of light as well as silence. Alone with his hate filled thoughts, Seth waited, breathing through his mouth and with every breath he thought one name.....Helaine. He wanted her blood. Now that he had gotten her sent ingrained in his brain he was sure he would have no trouble finding her. The only thing left to do now.....was wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Creed stood in front of a full length mirror inside his Victorian mansion. His chiseled, but very scarred, body staring back at him in the reflection. Below a thick chest was a well defined midsection and solid v cut into his waist. He was a strong man, but it was a requirement to be strong and fierce when you were a hunter. He had a pair of piercing blue eyes and light brown hair that was kept fairly short, with bangs that hung wet, and loose just above his brow. On his body were several scars. The largest of which ran from the side of his neck all the way down to his elbow on his right side.

Today, Creed was on alert. He was truely a hunter on a mission. A vicious Wrath of the night named Seth had been terrorizing the town of Hope Falls for too long now. Tonight, Creed would put an end to him.

All day Helaine managed to keep busy at her job, from flipping burgers and making orders of fries, she was one of the chefs at Sonic, which had its perks. Free drinks whenever she wanted, and free food to snack on. Plus the paycheck wasn't too bad either. It helped pay her bills along with other necessities she needed. But the hours were pretty intense on some days. Today was another long one; but she had worn a long sleeved shirt to hide her back and arm, plus the bruised-bloody cut on her forehead was mostly hidden by her long pale blond hair. Her shadowed green eyes were darker today, probably from the overworking mind that tried to keep those memories of last night away. Sighing, she made another order of food for her customers, and smiled as brightly as she could, before handing everything to the drive through attendant. Hours later however, she trudged towards her home slowly, lost in thought and worried that Seth would find her. But she half hoped he would- she did need to kill him, if possible.

Seth awoke after a day of uneasy, constantly interrupted sleep. He had tossed and turned all night, his head throbbed and his body was in pain. He needed to eat, to feast and for him there was really only one person who's blood he wanted. It would be well worth the effort to find her. He stepped from the crypt around the same time that creed left his house, and with a hellish look in his eye he jumped into the air and tore off in the night. The pale light from the moon made his features stand out, he was getting frail. He needed blood.

His nose picked up Helaine's scent quickly, he saw her. Walking home after work and swooped down towards her. He landed in front of her and barred his teeth.

" So we meet again. You're going to pay for walking out on me last night..." He started to take a step towards her, not even aware that he was being watched by Creed who was across the street, and waiting.....

"I'm not going to pay for anything, Seth. You've obviously enjoyed torturing humans too many years. I'm going to do my best to end you." She said, her voice sounded young, but old at the same time. Wary and full of pain she was hiding from him. Taking out a much longer stake that was almost a silvery lance made of wood, dyed with real silver, she lunged straight for Seth, her weapon point-first aimed at his throat. She wasn't holding anything back. He deserved to die, and she would be more than happy to get him off the face of the earth.

Seth lunged at Helaine, pulling his hand back at the same time. He was going to make her suffer this time. Blackness filled his eyes and leap with the speed of a cheetah, grabbing her hair as he did. Then he threw her to the concrete, laughing as she hit the ground. He cracked his knuckles and started to take his belt off, preparing to beat her mercilessly again.

Without warning Creed struck, hard, and from behind. He sent Seth flying with a blow to the back of the head. Creed hit him with a tire iron, and he was ready to follow up with a cherry wood steak, right through the chest. With any luck the Wrath, Seth would die.

Before delivering the death blow, Creed looked to the girl that Seth had appeared to be after. Whatever it was about her, it was certain that the Wrath desired her. All the more reason for him to die, Thought Creed.

Helaine had one flash behind her exhausted eyes; a tall well-muscled man suddenly descending from nowhere like an avenging angel, and killing Seth the wraith. She had to feel relieved about Seth's execution. But she stood up- against the logistics of normal human bodies usually being in serious critical conditions after taking the worst beatings of their lives. She assumed it was adrenaline rushing through her system from too much keyed up alertness. She rested against the nearby lamp post, soon feeling the effects of her ordeal, not that this would cause her to slow down in hunting monsters like Seth. But since Mr. Mystery guy had taken him out -for- her..... she couldn't help but feel like a complete failure at her mission. 'Time to be a -good- sore loser and thank the rescuer-......' Helaine thought, hiding a grimace. "Thank you. That's certainly one beast I'm glad isn't alive anymore." She said, making her voice sound strong which was complete opposite of how she felt just then. Still, what little dignity she had left was everything just then... Even as she called herself the absolute worst -failure hunter- in the world.

Seth lay with the cherry wood stake protruding from his chest, his eyes were closed and a thick, red blood trickled from his mouth. Creed stood over him, gripping the tire iron and wiping blood that ha d splattered on his face with a white cloth. He looked at the girl, who appeared to be more than thankful.

" No problem, Miss. I am glad to help. I have been hunting this bastard for a while now...he has reigned terror in Hope Falls for too long, as I am sure you were aware." Creed smiled at her. She was pretty and he wanted to get to know her better. Honestly, he knew -of- her. She was also a hunter, but he played it off like he didn't know her so as not to embarrass her, after all a hunter being saved by another? nontheless, he wanted to get to know her.

"I wanted to burn his body..but I think leaving here is enough. He will fry in the mornings sun." Said Creed checking his watch.

"I think death by sunlight would suit his demise fine..." Helaine agreed, trying to stay conscious. Why did she feel so head-achy and dizzy suddenly? She didn't know, but without any reason, she pitched forward towards the ground, already unconscious; and hating the fact she had just lost any shred of dignity she might have once had- the second time in one week! Maybe she should consider retiring . . . .

Creed was fast on his feet, so when he saw Helaine start to fall he instantly reached out and caught her in his arms. She was a mess, upon further inspection he saw that she was injured and needed medical aid. Creed imagined that she was probably working late nights and not to mention the fact that Seth was probably responsible for the beatings. Its a wonder she wasn't dead thought Creed as he carried her to his car. He set her in the seat of his Charger SS and hit the gas, peeling out towards his house. HE could have taken her to the hospital, but lots of times there was a long wait and he figured that his place would be better.

Creed wanted to get to know her too, so this would be perfect.

Medical aid. . .and stitches was certainly what Helaine needed. But she hardly felt that fainting in front of another hunter was perfect. She would probably kick her own ass whenever she woke up just for having such a stupid moment. All the while she was unconscious, she called herself a retarded loser for slipping up -twice- in the hunter's world, that was qualified for getting yourself killed. When she finally opened her eyes, she cussed out loud under her breath. Had she been kidnapped -AGAIN?- ugh. Her head spun crazily, and she wondered if that tall man killing Seth had only been a dream.Her skin was paler than usual because of so much blood loss and injuries, but she found she could at least think a little clearly- and stared around a beautiful room in an obviously gigantic mansion. It had to be a mansion. Rooms weren't this huge in normal houses were they? For certain, she wasn't at her own home, or at the clock tower... "Where am I?" She asked, rubbing her eyes from sleep.

Creed pulled up to his Victorian home. Large, spiked Iron gates surrounded the outside. He hit a button in his car and a gate swung open. He drove up to the front of the house and got out, quickly going to the other side and getting his dazed passenger. He carried her inside and laid her down on the couch. She was in bad shape, but Creed didn't want her to feel bad about passing out, after all, it could have happened to anyone. He got a bowl with some warm water and cleansed her head and face, hopping she wouldn't wake until after he was done. He had great respect for her as a hunter and the last thing he wanted was for her to feel stupid for letting herself pass out.

"Where am I." She said just as Creed had finished.

"You're in my home." Said the Hunter with a smile "Sorry, but i didn't think it was a good idea to leave you out there in your condition.

It almost hurt Helaine too much to talk, but she was curious about this hunter. He was obviously -better- and more skilled than she was at this business, and she'd already forgotten she was legendary herself: She'd killed -thousands- of undead nightmares in her time, and she was still fairly young. But right now, she felt as inexperienced as any new moron. "Thank you, you did a good thing...and... for killing Seth back there. Obviously my aim was horrible tonight. You don't need to worry about taking care of me or anything .. . if at all possible...could you drive me back to Crest hill street? It's where I live.. and I have to work tomorrow. . .but I do appreciate what you've done." She said. Her voice sounded fatigued, as if she hadn't really slept in ages. Still, life didn't wait just because one idiot hunter got hurt. There were bills to take care of, and other nasties in town that she could still kill -and not look like a total loser face- while keeping the creep population down as much as possible in Hope Falls.

"It's ok." Replied Creed, putting the first aid supplies away. It seemed like she was doing better already, and that was a good thing. Creed knew how vicious and relentless Vampires and other creatures of the night could be. It was a wonder people like himself and this girl even had the guts to fight them in the first place.

Creed stopped, realizing that he had forgotten something.

"Sure, I can give you a ride home. By the way, what's your name. I am Creed." He paused. Realizing something, she was the first hunter he'd ever met. Creed had always worked alone, so he never had the need -or the chance- to meet any others. Something was happening in Hope Falls , as of late, there seemed to be an increase in the amount of wraiths and evil creatures. Creed thought it was a good thing that he had met her, tow hunters is better than one.

"My name is Helaine Thorton." She had been fighting the creatures of darkness for a long time now. Nearly every inch of her body was covered in scars; some looked downright hideous and others were intricate, almost satanic looking symbols, especially on her arms and legs. She was a little reckless at times, but she seemed to live through each nightmare one kill after another. But none of it seemed to bring her closer to avenging her family's death, or even saving the world for that matter. She hadn't ever seriously considered a partner. . . though it might be nice to not feel like the -only- hunter around. In fact it was nice to not be the only hunter. She stood up, still a little unsteadily, but managed to clear her head after a few minutes. "I suppose I'd better get going, you have a wonderful house by the way." She told him honestly. She'd never seen a mansion, let alone been inside one.

"Thank you." said Creed hurrying out to get the door for her, after all it was the gentlemanly thing to do. He shut the car door with a slam and stood for a moment looking at her.

"Well, if you want." Said Creed trying to come up with a good reason to give her his number "If you ever want to talk,over dinner or something, just give me a call and we can meet up." Half of Creed wanted to meet up and talk about Hunter stuff, but another part of him wanted something more. He hoped he hadn't been to obvious about it.

With that Creed got back in his car and drove off into the night. It was a clear night with a slight chill in the air. It was the normal chill that came to Hope Falls in Early to mid October. It was Creed's favorite time of year, he loved the changing colors and the weather so much.

She managed a smile. "Talking over dinner sounds fine. Here's my number. . .in case you ever need help." She intended to repay his rescue, somehow. She handed him her business card, and stepped out of the car, feeling like she should have hugged him, or something. But that would have definitely been too bold for a first time meeting. . .wouldn't it? Feeling tired, Helaine drove all thoughts of hunting from her mind and went inside her small house, taking a hot bath to soothe her injuries as well as get clean again before bed. She dressed in her favorite pajamas, then practically fell on her bed, asleep. It had been a weird, week that was for sure.

Hunting. It was usually the only thing on Creed's mind. He would spend hours, while not actually hunting, thinking of ways to increase his skill. He worked out for two hours every morning, and was constantly practicing martial arts, as well as perfecting his skills with various weapons. He did mental work outs too, reading about different types of nightmarish creatures and what not. It was all part of the job, and usually he loved it, but for some reason he couldn't get this girl, Helaine, the hunter, off his mind. Could it have been her eyes? Or maybe her smile? (although he didn't see her sile much), or maybe it was just the fact that she shared his passion for hunting? Whatever it was Creed was happy he got a chance to meet her.

He finally made it back to his house and started a fire, it was warm and cheery, nothing like night time on the streets of Hope Falls which was filled with all sorts of vicious creatures. Vampires were just the start, there was a whole slew of various forces at work out there. It was definitely a place for a hunter to live, or die.

Helaine didn't have much in her small house: some furniture, a few boxes of memories, including her parents' letters, and journals. She mostly had a huge shelf of books; all of them were about killing various monsters and demons. Her achievements were mostly in her lab/basement, where she kept thousands of different weapons, some of which, she'd made herself. She didn't hunt for glory or because she wanted to help save the world. If the demons and monsters were getting this overpopulated, she figured Earth was screwed someday anyway; but before she went down, she wanted at least to find her parents' murderers. Be it human or otherwise. She just wanted vengeance, and adding bonus points for killing so many of their kind never hurt either. But for now, she got rested up. She woke up at the alarm, and got ready for another day of work. Good thing today was payday.

Creed woke up early, as usual, and went to the kitchen. There he had his breakfast, today it consisted of steel cut oats and a banana. He ate fast, just as the sun rose outside the twin french windows outside his kitchen. He looked at his watch and saw it was still early enough to go for a run. It was important to run, it helped with endurance and balance. As he ran he thought back to killing Seth and how good it felt to have him off the streets. Then his mind wandered to Helaine. He wanted to call her, talk things over. All hunter related issues of course. He made it back to his house and took a quick shower. Then went and threw on a white tee and some blue jeans. Then he found Helaine's number and dialed it, hoping she would pick up.

Unfortunately, Helaine's day was too hectic during work for her to be anywhere near her telephone. But she was really good at returning phone calls. Later that evening, after stumbling in, tired and still sore from the recent attacks, though those injuries were beginning to heal over, she played Creed's message back and returned his phone call. Would he answer? Or was he out hunting already? Something -she- needed to be doing as soon as she changed out of her work clothes.