Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem pretty far in, I wonder if anyone would come if there is no advertising.

Well, we've got a pretty solid roster right now, it wouldn't really be a search for new people, just like an open door.

Nobody seems to object to a monster attack, I will make a pack of monsters attack the city and there will be a breech of the wall endangering everyone, this way everyone will be involved in one way or another. The pack of monsters will contain grade 3-5 monsters, there will be one grade 6 that will be the alpha of the pack. (I added the ranking system link to the first post for quick searching.) I will provide more info on the Alpha when I've decided what we'll be facing, but for now if you've got suggestions pitch them to me.

@girlabot You mentioned that maybe something or Roths could be damaged making people want our protagonists "taken care of". It gave me an idea, if our crew were to be seen with Svana, which right now Var is, then it would be possible to figure out a way that her being seen with them could be seen as a reason to suspect something was going on. You mentioned in character that she had cut Roth before, that could have something to do with it. An idea is brewing in my head!

I'm down with a few more people.

@Squee okay, sounds good. What did you have in mind? I've been trying to think of a good reason for Svana to leave Roth's palace anyways, so this is actually really convenient, hah.

@Greenie So let's talk about how we're going to survive this. A kid and a really shy person doesn't really mix well with monsters :P. I'm sort of iffy on if I should make Lensue somewhat good at fighting, she's 14 so it might seem OP or something...I don't know I'll let it run and see what to do.

Nope they don't mix well at all ^_^' She strong for her size, and is good at fleeing and hiding. She's more of a healer character however, the kind who'll stay in the back with the bigger tougher people in front o.o

So if a monster attacked, she'd probably flee to find a safe place. Since she has taken interest in Lensue seeing she's a child, she'd probably try to keep her safe and hidden as well lol. It's cowardly perhaps but pretty much how she deals with such situations.

I'll probably make Lensue fight a bit, and then if it gets too bad she's going to tactically retreat, which is totally not the same thing as running away :P

Haha okay. Ashfa would certainly not run away if Lensue was still there. She's cowardly, but if someone she's friends with (or taken interest in) is in danger, she can be quite feisty.

For all the smaller children in the rp that will be engaged in the fight, just remember that Cojack would make a fantastic wall to stand behind.

Anyone elses head explode when they saw this?

Anyone elses head explode when they saw this?

Yeah, the hololens is cool. It's awesome that it can process the area around the person, along with all the gestures and vocal commands that they are doing, and still be completely wireless. No idea how much one costs, but I would bet that it is EXPENSIVE.

I did hear about Microsoft making a holo lens, it's like the only reason they brought Minecraft. Also I'm up at 3 AM right now typing this, life.

O.o woah people awake at this hour!

I'm going to sleep at like.. 3 probably :P that's in like 2 hours.

@girlabot I'm still trying to figgure out how we can rap Svana into being a reason they become suspected. Any ideas?

The monsters attacking us are of a Lupis Feral Pack.

Grade 3:
The Ackachith: These ones are agile but their hide is weak and they are easily injured, they typically attack from behind if they have the option. Typically 4 feet tall and 7 feet long excluding the tail.

Scalehound: While it's body appears to be very dog like in shape, the scales make it rather confusing, it's unclear exactly which species the ancestors of this breed were. They have excellent camouflage and prefer to wait until their targets come to them. Their scares are not particularly strong, but under-estimating one would be a bad idea. Typically 3 feet tall and 8 feet long excluding the tail.

Grade 4:
Raipoluth: With bones closer to the skin and a tough hide, one must not blindly attack or else their strikes will be highly ineffective. It's two main weak points are under its belly and the bottom jaw They attack using their hulking body and throw their momentum, their hard skulls make for easy bashing and crushing. Their fromt claws are used to tear flesh before a meal. Typically 8 feet tall and 9 feet long excluding the tail.

Grade 5:
Rakeyth: This monster is a tough opponent, but they have been documented before. Their strengths are their brute force and their tough hide, but unlike the Raipoluth their bones are not as close to their surface, meaning they have no real weak points or strong points, but taking noe down has proven to be a challenge. It would be unwise to fight this alone. This species prefers to charge into its prey and attack immediately. Standing at 9 feet tall and 13 feet long excluding the tail, they are rather large.

Grade 6:
The Alpha: Standing at a hulking 17 feet tall and roughly 32 feet long, the alpha of this pack is clearly wounded from many fights before, probably protecting its own pack. It attacks mostly with bites and crushing with it's feet. This alpha has no issues injuring itself to take down a threat and will not cease until it is dead.

*does some quick math* We have four characters who are completely suited for combat. (I am not counting Lonewolf's characters because they have become inactive.) There are ten characters in total, meaning there are six who aren't quite ready for combat, including one who will probably knock herself unconscious with her whip, two who carry only small knives (one of which is a vegetable knife), and one who probably stands a better chance of writing the monsters to death than beating them in combat. Fenrasa and Svana seem as though they might be able to help, assuming Fenrasa's lightning abilities work well, and that someone could provide Svana with a weapon. And we're going to fight a group of monsters. Two of the classes in this attack should require Ross, the most powerful figure known to the characters. Not sure if this will be challenging or near impossible.

Two of the classes in this attack should require Ross, the most powerful figure known to the characters.
Don't forget I put up Herlevas NPC bio, she's the Wall Guard Captain and will be aiding us. There's more than our characters involved here. Also as for Roth he'll mostly be reserved for the Alpha if he does help, however I would like to make our characters be responsible for the largest part of the victory making the thought of "If we can do this why should we need his protection" come to the minds of some of our characters. That's why the Alpha is wounded in this fight, thought it has recovered a fair bit the wounds will be easily exploited. Depending on how things go Roth might very well not be needed at all. It's a challenge meant to result in the security of our characters no matter what happens, but it won't be an easy victory, and should they fail Roth is there to finish off the beasts.

I will probably try to write a way that @Cresion Breezes character would be useful with her form of magic by having her direct people safely around using Belyavors detailed maps. I imagine Cojack will just take up arms and start hacking away, and honestly with his strength he might be able to take down a grade 5 of this particular pack since it'll be brute force on brute force, I chose this carefully as well as since this particular grade 5 has no strong or weak points, Cojack wouldn't need to aim for any particular points and could win through sheer force as he is one of our strongest characters. However he won't be able to succeed if there's multiple enemies attacking him, but your back will be guarded if one of my characters sees cojack doing so (if). Belyavor is an expert in taking out groups of small enemies, meaning the grade 3's will be more than handled while he's in the vicinity, he's basically crowd control. Var's loose construction will make holding off the Grade 4 a task he can handle as he has a vary small surface area that he could be hit (high evasion in gaming terms), but one mistake would be lethal to anyone near him if he doesn't have support. If this quells @AceSorcerer writers block, Heverkiir can use his sorcery to provide excellent backline support for pretty much the entire group.

This of course leaves our non-combat centered characters. Ashfa can be a support character with her healing, but she will naturally not want to kill herself doing this (I imagine). Still, if she kept herself safe and something were to go terribly wrong, she could save lives. Kyo is...difficult for me to place. It's a type of character I like but I could never write as, I'd be so bad at it. As I said, I plan on there being a breech of the wall, in which case Fens lightning magic could prove invaluable to anything that took the opportunity to pass the walls. Svana is more suited for stealth, meaning a monster atack is not a very good situation where her abilities can be used which is why I want to involve her narratively and not force her into a scene she might not fit in.

This is all, of course, how I imagined things going on in my head, not me telling you guys what I want you to do. As this is a story heavy RP not a D&D game I don't control your characters, you do. The outcome of this attack will all depend on our characters actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.