Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say yes! Mostly so that it's an easier source for you to pull out information from when needed lol.

Fair enough.

The First Esper

Thousands of years ago a Kindred man sought immortality. Legends of stones that gave such power were not of his interest, he instead chose to take fate into his own hands. An exoskeleton that looked humanoid was his approach. As armors and metals were rare at the time, he chose instead to carve a hollow statue from stone and wood, creating a shell of organic material that should be able to hold life force. Studying and playing with life force led the man to wonder about how he might transfer his own soul into a body that could not die.

He performed experiments on wildlife in attempt to move life force, but had little to no success. These experiments did unfortunately lower his own life span. Fearing his death would come before his success he grew paranoid of just how much longer he had to live. This paranoia lead him to attempt early on moving all of his life force into the exoskeleton he made. In doing so he used the last of his life span moving energy into the hollowed body. His body fell to the ground at his creation.

Immortality was created that day, but the soul inside the shell was not his. The collection of life force organized itself and awakened a soul inside the body of wood and stone. While it may have had a strong and massive body, the being created was a mere infant born into the world. The first appearance made startled the people, but when its defensive prowess was shown against the lurking threats outside the people accepted the being into their society, the Kindred clan living among Dragoons, defending eachother through day and night. This paragon of defense stood as a symbol to the Esper Clan, a kindred clan now wiped out, but keeping the name of Esper as a memorial to the clan that created the first of their kind.

An unexpected fate had come over this first Esper, the wood that made his body was decaying. With a rotting body his life force was leaking, the Esper sought to lengthen its life. Seeing that the weapons were made of shards of tough and durable metal, the Esper found a way to forge metal instead of treating it like a stone. The result was a hard steel that revolutionized weaponry and armor, something finally stronger than leather that lasted longer than stone. The first suit of armor ever created acted as a new body for the Esper, but the life force that leaked from the wooden shell had made the Esper too weak to move its own soul. Instead, the Esper created a new one, the second Esper, and with its last energy etched the process of creating other Espers into the memory of the first steel Esper. The new race had been born out of a Kindreds attempt to create immortal life. To a degree, he succeeded, though the Espers are certainly not immortal.

Reactions: Greenie
Nobodys said much today, have I gone a bit overboard or is it just a slow Friday? o.o

I don't think anything is overboard!

I've kept mum lol because I think I talk a wee bit to much ^_^'

G'mornin' people :3

:3 I'm contemplating watching Inuyasha for the umpteenth time lol.

Sounds like fun :D

Hey, I was at Anime North yesterday, wasn't that active :P

Did you have fun?

Yep :P, I'm going tomorrow also.

Awesome, hope you have a good time :D

Weekends are slow for everyone :P.

They sure are x.x and hecka boring. I spend most days alone at home lol. Forums (after house stuff) tends to be my main distraction.

Yeah, the site as a whole does seem to be pretty slow lately.

yeap o.o I've been procrastinating in replying myself... but productive in other ways :D Made a picture of one of my character o.o and I think it's the best I ever made! *cheers*

Welp, night anyone :)

There's a fair few people I haven't heard from in a few days, is everyone alive and well?

Hello :)

How many posts should a person wait before they make a new post?

Status
Not open for further replies.