Captain America!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BITCH, DONT CUT THE QUOTE SHORT.
Oh, I thought you meant them separately. Sorry. XD
RDJ, from what I've read and seen in interviews about being Iron Man is that he flip flops between "YEEAH! LETS DO IT" to "I really don't want to anymore." You can clearly see he still enjoys portraying Tony. I mean most recently he said "It could happen" for a fourth Iron Man movie in which previously he said "No Way, Jose"

So I think it's more he's conflicted.
I guess, admittedly I don't follow RDJ that closely.

Though from a writing perspective I still think it could of worked better for the movie.

Does anyone else think they should have killed Iron Man?

I mean, Robert Downey has already said he doesn't want to be Iron Man is any main Iron Man movies any more. Meanwhile if Captain America killed Iron Man, may it be an accident or to save his friend could of added a huge sense of Guilt over him. It would have forever changed the hero relations with one another, giving them a reason to consider dropping the disagreement.

Instead we see Iron man take a blow that realistically should have killed him, end up completely fine and then suddenly covering for Captain America despite hating his guts last time they spoke.
I actually thought Captain was going to kill Iron Man. It certainly looked like he was going to for a minute. There's still Infinity Wars (Or whatever they're changing the title to)
coming up though, and they're not going to get rid of Iron Man before that.

I'm kind of wondering what happened to Widow. Tony said they were going to come after her, but she wasn't locked up with the rest of them at the end. I'm still pissed they locked Clint up! That was fucked up.

And what about the Ant Man suit? They made a big deal about Stark getting his hands on the technology in the stand alone, are we supposed to assume that the government just locked that shit up and didn't touch it?

I actually thought Captain was going to kill Iron Man. It certainly looked like he was going to for a minute. There's still Infinity Wars (Or whatever they're changing the title to)
coming up though, and they're not going to get rid of Iron Man before that.

I'm kind of wondering what happened to Widow. Tony said they were going to come after her, but she wasn't locked up with the rest of them at the end. I'm still pissed they locked Clint up! That was fucked up.

And what about the Ant Man suit? They made a big deal about Stark getting his hands on the technology in the stand alone, are we supposed to assume that the government just locked that shit up and didn't touch it?
At this rate though? I'm not expecting any MCU hero character to die. The only one we ever lost was Quicksilver, and him still existing in X-Men I'm betting that was a licensing "One movie only" agreement deal. And Civil War was a perfect opportunity to kill some heroes if they ever planned to do that.

With Widow? She only went vigilante in a way it's her word vs Panthers. And with her having more weight in SHIELD she's likely just under investigation. Especially considering the movie ended with Captain America and Black Panther being on good terms with one another.

As for Ant Man? I'm just going to guess Hawkeye helped sneak it out? Which given the fact that once the suit is worn it can fit through just about anything? Not that hard to imagine how they lost it. Especially since they engaged Iron Man almost immediately after, so even if SHIELD was on the look out for them the search wasn't needed as they charged right back any ways.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
I JUST SAW THIS MOVIE TODAY AND I AM FAN GIRLING SO HARD RIGHT NOW ♡

• Love
Reactions: grey987
Just saw the movie. Holy fucking shit, it was absolutely amazing and I definitely have not ever cheered as much as I did while watching it in theatres.
The only thing I was disappointed by was the fact that none of the heroes actually died; but other than that, it was a great viewing.

I'm so lucky to be seeing it again this Tuesday!

Glad to see others agree that someone should have died. XD

Last edited:
Reactions: grey987
Meh, I think somebody important should die by the hands of Thanos more.

I mean, gotta give that moment heel pop for the big bad.

Y'know, saying if there were any fatalities in the movie or not without spoiler tags might potentially ruin it for somebody looking at the thread who haven't seen the movie yet.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I don't know about anyone else but when you click intoa chat about a movie you come in expecting a chat about said movie, which implies inevitable spoilers.

Pro Tip: Spoilers are courteous, yes, but if you don't want spoilers try to avoid chats about the movie in question.

I don't know about anyone else but when you click into a chat about a movie you come in expecting a chat about said movie, which implies inevitable spoilers.

Pro Tip: Spoilers are courteous, yes, but if you don't want spoilers try to avoid chats about the movie in question.
While I'm inclined to agree with you, the fact people felt it necessary to use spoiler tags to begin with and that some people want to see what people thought of the movie before going to see it kind of makes it a courtesy thing when the thread itself doesn't have a spoiler tag on it.

I didn't post warnings for spoilers in the title because I wasn't counting on seeing the movie as early as I did. Plus, I was more curious about seeing how many people were going to watch the movie. My husband and I have a theory about Marvel movies. >_>

I didn't post warnings for spoilers in the title because I wasn't counting on seeing the movie as early as I did. Plus, I was more curious about seeing how many people were going to watch the movie. My husband and I have a theory about Marvel movies. >_>
What's this theory of yours?

That more people were going to rush to see Captain America than there will be to go see Suicide Squad and X-Men combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.