Not open for further replies.
I REALLY, REALLY WANTED TO SAY "NO MORE CAMERON IN BRITLAND"

BUT THAT FUCKER IS STILL IN CHARGE >:[

REVOLUTION SOON, TOVARICH.

18895_Jeremy-Corbyn-eyes-victory.jpg

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Dervish and Hellis
Look, I just want my Rand Paul.

Tired of big government trying to dictate my life on both sides.

I have no hope for that in my other country. : / Orokana nihon'noseiji...

You would think in todays society, with all of this technology and stuff, governments could just handle like a Popular Vote or something...
There's actually some fear among Canadians that such a thing would be Communist.
I'm not shitting you, I've had people, very intelligent people argue against it cause of that.

In more depth, they argued that doing so would give an unfair advantage to city life, because more people tend to live there than out in farmland.
As a result, farmers would be almost irrelevant to the voting system, meaning no candidate tends to pay attention to them meaning bad time for the farmers and the people they're feeding.

Last edited:
There's actually some fear among Canadians that such a thing would be Communist.
I'm not shitting you, I've had people, very intelligent people argue against it cause of that.
Communists barely vote. They just dive into bloody revolution and take shit. xD

Or you know.. Vladimr Putin.. And rig votes.

In more depth, they argued that doing so would give an unfair advantage to city life, because more people tend to live there than out in farmland.
As a result, farmers would be almost irrelevant to the voting system, meaning no candidate tends to pay attention to then meaning bad time for the farmers and the people they're feeding.
That can't be serious. Of course, if you can't (for some reason) vote through technological means, why couldn't you just drive up to a place and caste your vote via booth? Seriously, why couldn't you do both? xD

Some of the things I hear these days kill me...

Uhm... @Brovo Curious, why's Green Party has barely any voters?
Because the Green Party was never that popular.
Can somebody explain to me what exactly a conservative in Canada is? Because I really don't understand...

And no, I am not being a smart ass or anything. I really REALLY don't know.
A center-right party that generally promotes lowering taxes and harsher criminal penalties in laws. Look at em' here if you like.

What are some of the positions they take that differ from Canada's left wing?
Canada's Left Wing often opts to increase the size of social services, public healthcare, infrastructure, and so on. They also tend to be split on immigration, the criminal code, and so on.
Didn't realise Canada used First Past The Post for its electoral system as well. Maybe that's something the new government can look to reform; it's not as horribly unrepresentative as the American system, but it's fucking up there. The UK's been trying to get it changed for years, but for some reason the three parties consistently elected (ie. the Tories, Labour and the Lib Dems) are rather fond of the status-quo.
They're fairly fond of it because it enforces the status quo. It ensures that big parties stay big, because who is going to vote for a smaller party and risk having a different, larger party they loathe more take charge? 4.5 Million votes for UKIP don't mean dick in FPTP if it's spread over a wide range, and they like it that way. Tactical voting keeps big parties in power. It's why FPTP is often looked at by some of its critics as a system that promotes oligarchies.
Wasn't that why the Founders (many of them anyway) sort of hate the idea of having a two party system?
American founding fathers, yes. As it stands, FPTP was efficient for the time it was made in, back when individual candidates had a lot more power because there were far less of them. Now between party unity politics and the sheer number of seats, no individual candidate matters anymore. It's why I find it hilarious when an independent candidate promises to change things: One voice against 300 voices is going to do exactly dick fuck all. So we should switch to a system like STV or AV, but I have my doubts that it'll pass. Mainly because the Conservatives have a chokehold on our Senate, and unlike yours, we cannot elect our Senate.
Congrats Canada.

No more Abbot in Aussie land.

No more Harper in Canuck land.

As a result, farmers would be almost irrelevant to the voting system, meaning no candidate tends to pay attention to them meaning bad time for the farmers and the people they're feeding.
Nobody pays attention to farmers anyway. Nothing would change there. If anything, STV or AV makes it so that said farmers could try to vote in their own local "farmer's party", and while they'd never have a majority, they could ostensibly force minority governments to look their way.

It's what the Scottish National Party tried to do in Great Britain, serve as Kingmaker to one of the two major parties. Just such a shame they had to slit their own throats and mostly fuck over one party, letting the Tories slip into a majority on a minority number of votes. @Darog @Grumpy because your election system takes the problems the Canadian one has and exacerbates the fuck out of them.

• Love
  • Thank You
Reactions: Kakumei and Izurich
Thank you, kind sir Bravo.

I did do a little research this morning. I really think that they(Conservative Canadians) would be considered left of center if they were in America. But really, thats more my opinion, so you know, dust it under the rug if you want. Cx

Nobody pays attention to farmers anyway. Nothing would change there. If anything, STV or AV makes it so that said farmers could try to vote in their own local "farmer's party", and while they'd never have a majority, they could ostensibly force minority governments to look their way.
I agree. We seriously need to change the current voting system.
I was just explaining what the mindset of those against it tend to think.

Thank you, kind sir Bravo.

I did do a little research this morning. I really think that they(Conservative Canadians) would be considered left of center if they were in America. But really, thats more my opinion, so you know, dust it under the rug if you want. Cx
That's not surprising.
You need to remember that Canada takes several stuff like Health Care, Paid Child Care etc as rights everyone's entitled to.

America is still getting used to the concept of Health Care.
So while America's right is more "Government get out!"
Our right is closer to "Government give us some breathing room"

^In very, very simple and generalizing terms.

That's not surprising.
You need to remember that Canada takes several stuff like Health Care, Paid Child Care etc as rights everyone's entitled to.

America is still getting used to the concept of Health Care.
So while America's right is more "Government get out!"
Our right is closer to "Government give us some breathing room"

^In very, very simple and generalizing terms.
Most of Japan's healthcare is government controlled and subsidized similarly to Canada's from what I understand, and I actually hate it. I get sick? I better hope I get better soon, or I wont see a doctor for it until a month after I am better. And if I am not better, then its probably to late for an easy fix.

When I'm over here in America, I can usually get seen within the week. Sure, I get to toss a little more money at them for it, but it gets me in much faster than I would in Japan.

As a Type One Diabetic with crap health, I'm sure you can imagine which place I would prefer. xD

Plus I think people get confused and spread myths. A lot of time people think in America that its just like "Oh, your sick? You don't have money? Eat thick one, because we aren't going to help you." This simply isn't the case. Most states have programs that help people with medicine, doctors visits, etc. And of course, if its life and death, hospitals cant be dicks and shaft you... Which is something that became a big thing that happened over in Japan, despite those being all government run things.

I dunno... Both have perks.

Well, I dunno what you've heard about Canada's system, but I never have to worry about hospital bills and if my life was in danger, there's an emergency room that can take my ass. There's typically enough beds to go around too, unless we're in the middle of a crisis. It's also not 100% absolutely "free", aside from the obvious thing of paying taxes on it, you do also still pay certain small fees. Like if you want a foot brace, it'll cost you a couple hundred bucks, because the hospital will make you a brace made just for you. Which is different from, say, a hospital bed, which is made for anyone to use and will take several bodies on it in its lifetime. It's never anything you can't afford though.

Where it concerns routine visits and non-life threatening surgeries, we do have waiting lists. Nature of the system and all that. The Conservatives thoroughly made them worse though, something I hope the Liberals fix in the midst of their spending frenzy.

On the flip side, though, America spends the most on its healthcare system, and yet it ranks pretty terribly on the world stage. Y'all somehow have shorter lifespans and a higher infant mortality rate than Canada does, which is weird. It should be the opposite just based on the fact that you have a massive amount more money and manpower to throw at the problem. Still, this is getting off topic. :ferret:

10/fucking 10.

Some results I never expected:

- Hastings--Lennox and Addington and Northumberland--Peterborough South, both ON Conservative strongholds (and with HLA at least having been created in the recent shake up by the Conservatives), swung over to the Liberals. HLA did so by a paper-thin margin of less than 300 votes.
- Peterborough--Kawartha got sick of Conservative corruption after the mess with Del Mastro and turfed them.
- Ajax, Whitby and Pickering--Uxbridge all turfed the Conservatives after having been blue for ten years, with the result in Ajax removing the disHonourable Chris Alexander from his position at Defence Minister (as far as I remember, I never really paid much mind to CPC cabinet positions).
- North of me, Eglinton--Lawrence turfed Industry Minister "Oily Joe" Oliver out on his ass.
- Two Liberal victories in the historically True Blue stronghold of Calgary.

Also on a more personal level, one of my dad's railfanning buddies is now an MP for the Québec riding of Laurentides--Labelle.

REVOLUTION SOON, TOVARICH.

18895_Jeremy-Corbyn-eyes-victory.jpg
That is the face of a man who drunken one to many, and decided the only place yet to have a proper barfight, is the parliament.

Needless to say, vote Labour!

Hey gaiz, interwebz has returned so you get to endure my crippling mediocrity once more!

I voted NDP. I am not unhappy with the results. Basically my only expectation this election was booting Harper, who I still feel would be more at home in Russian politics than Canada. Fuck that guy right up the cooter.

Let's not forget the Liberals voted for Bill C-51. That means Trudeau and friends likes the idea of spying on Canadian citizens in Charter of Rights and Freedoms violating ways.

So while I am happy the worst Prime Minister in history is gone, the potential of Trudeau being a shitlord is real.

Politicians have two CLass Paths Derv.

Shitlord

or

Right Bloke.

The Class Progression s something like this

Politician - Shitlord - Corperate Shill/Closeted Bigot/Nationalist Dickwad.

At any point, A shitlord may take any of these three and add to his overall progression. Each with bonuses such as "Union Torpeding" "Suppression of Human Rights" and my favorite "Surveillance Boner"

Meanwhile, The Right Bloke has no such advantages, as his path is on the narrow.

• Useful
Reactions: Dervish and Brovo
I guess that I am the one of the few Americans, who is interested in the Canadian Federal Election. The outcome of it was amazing, people drove out that dickhead and replace the Conservative Party with the Liberal Party.

Man, the New Democratic Party lost 51 seats and the Conservative Party lost 67 seats. I wonder how long will the Conservative Party take until they regain their spot now that most of Canada hates them.

But, good job to the Liberal Party and I hope that they aren't like the Conservative party.

Politicians have two CLass Paths Derv.

Shitlord

or

Right Bloke.

The Class Progression s something like this

Politician - Shitlord - Corperate Shill/Closeted Bigot/Nationalist Dickwad.

At any point, A shitlord may take any of these three and add to his overall progression. Each with bonuses such as "Union Torpeding" "Suppression of Human Rights" and my favorite "Surveillance Boner"

Meanwhile, The Right Bloke has no such advantages, as his path is on the narrow.
You should teach Civics to high school students.

You should teach Civics to high school students.
God no. Have you seen the Farm route and optimization guides for teachers. All that grinding and some fucking chinese powerfarmer still gets paid better.

God no. Have you seen the Farm route and optimization guides for teachers. All that grinding and some fucking chinese powerfarmer still gets paid better.
Yeah, but your DPS is better in the long run, and you can double as healer in a pinch, unlike the Chinese powerfarmer who is only good at one thing and can't do anything more than agro for shit.

Dunno. I think I might repair my Game Dev class path. I allready got job quests done, who knew taking points into writing and narrative design would pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.