Canada Proposes Transgender Inclusion Law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because all it takes is one hateful person to ignite a fire that consumes nations in debate over the rights and personhood of human beings.
This. If you'll notice (well, people in America, not sure how many other countries can see the humiliating issues America has), people come out of the woodwork with their hateful ideals when they see someone else do it. 'Hey, they are saying it, so I'll feel free to do it too!'

I see it all the time. Good for you Canada, one step closer to making the world better.
I'll admit that Media likely loves to focus on one to the exclusion of others, and it's likely Hillary is taking advantage of the timing for her own benefit (even if it's tactically stupid, for another thread) but I highly doubt they're the one's to blame for this popping up now either. They just saw a chance and jumped on it.
Yep, nailed it.
tumblr_mrcu64VF3e1szf0s6o1_500.gif

Oh c'mon. It's the opposite.

No matter how shitty a president, there'll be no regressing or disintegrating. A slump or two? Sure; shit happens. But ya'll wind up this election like it's the fucking apocalypse. Freedom will survive...

screech (or whatever sound eagles make)
To be fair, among 1st world countries America has been one of the least developed in regards to equality.
The only two exceptions I can think of is:

1. Japan
2. England

Though with England that's all from people who immigrated from England to Canada, and then compared the two (apparently racism is still a big thing there). I've heard nothing from anyone still living in the country however.

I do agree though, I don't see America actually taking a permanent reversal in progress... Not with Trump alone any ways.
I can see it happening though if ISIS hits the right place and the right time, and creates enough global fear to make people go bonkers.

To be fair, among 1st world countries America has been one of the least developed in regards to equality.
Er... What? That's not fair. At all. US States have way more power individually than most provinces and territories in other first world countries do. Judging the entire country by the actions of the worst states is insane, there's 50 of them, of course some of them are going to be backwards. Technically speaking, parts of the US legalized Marijuana before Canada did: Does that make Canada backwards?

Plus, what do you consider equality, exactly? In the US pretty much anyone can go and purchase a firearm, that is an equal right. You have a much harder time doing that in Britain, or France, or even Canada. You can say pretty much anything you want and you won't be arrested, that's an equal right.

Then you have to consider that it's the world's last true superpower. Every group imaginable on every side is going to be fighting there harder than anywhere else in the world. Religious organizations for example throw millions of dollars into making mega-churches and alternative education courses and summer camps to indoctrinate children and so on. Whatever scale of fight you might imagine here, or anywhere in Europe, is ten times worse and ten times better funded in the United States.

Also consider that, historically speaking, most of the time, whatever social issues trigger throughout the 20th and 21st centuries... Triggered in the US first. Or, at the very least, the US was among the first. Meaning that the rest of the world has time to watch, prepare, and then make a judgement call before it affects them. Just as we're doing now in Canada, preemptively, whilst our government is a stable majority not in the middle of an election. As much as we might look down our noses at the US for their backwards views on the LGBT community, I have two words for you.

Residential Schools. We didn't close the last one until 1992. For perspective: That was the same year I was born.

We're not better than the US. They're just more honest and more loud mouthed, because that's their culture in a nutshell. Comparing the two in regards to equality is a bit odd, because the concept itself is somewhat nebulous and does not have universal meaning. You can't really break equality down into hard numbers like, say, you can with infant mortality, or the cost of healthcare on the individual family, or stuff like that.

And yes, I am largely playing Devil's Advocate. I'm usually one of the first to roll his eyes at the next stupid thing Florida Man does, but the US is one of our strongest and most socially advanced allies. We just notice their flaws because they're as important as they are to the rest of the world. If people threw as much attention to the Highway of Tears as they do Transgender issues in the US, Canada would be considered an international travesty. Oh, wait...

Yea that's fair.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brovo
Well, hopefully we can trust Canada's people not to throw a fit over transgendered bathrooms in Targets(if they have Targets up there. I'm an ignorant yank unsure of what stores our Northern brother has ;-;)
There's a Target in our local mall. That being said, it came in right at the time said mall was starting it's "Renovation for the rich" crap (which failed miserably), and was also responsible for a number of the 'lesser' stores being kicked out in fear of competition.

In other words, yes they're around. But they're a Cancer.
Brovo beat me to this answer, but yeah Target tried and failed hard. Well Gwazi, you still have an open Target?! How the hell did that happen? I heard all of them were closing across Canada and I know for a fact that the ones around myself and my family all closed down o.o.

Now back onto topic. YAY FOR EQUALITY. *Gives Canada a cookie* :cookie:

Brovo beat me to this answer, but yeah Target tried and failed hard. Well Gwazi, you still have an open Target?! How the hell did that happen? I heard all of them were closing across Canada and I know for a fact that the ones around myself and my family all closed down o.o.
Admittedly I haven't visited the mall for a few months now, it could have shut down in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.