Can You Hear Me? - OOC/Sign Up [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so? I haven't pushed it that far before.

I will edit it once I get access to a computer - my mobile hates the idea of an edit menu.

One website that I bought band merch from only let me keep the item I was buying in my cart for something like fifteen minutes. Not a lot of time for browsing. Then again, they were limited edition and on sale...

Meh. If it won't wait, I won't be torn up about it. I can always buy it later, after I've finished all the other games I've got.

Edited it in - are credits common in large numbers? Or is it the sort of deal that while they are worth one cent apiece, there's still very little (comparatively) of them?

Yeah, they're pretty common, because the Omnipotent knows just how much to put in the market without causing inflation or any other problems. It is an AI after all.

So... The economy per say is pretty fairly balanced? Minimum wage would be decent as compared to impossible to survive on?

So... The economy per say is pretty fairly balanced? Minimum wage would be decent as compared to impossible to survive on?
Correct.

• Thank You
Reactions: Rainjay
Posting for an update.

I'm waiting on a few people who have expressed interest over skype and haven't finished characters yet (@Kreska @Flame Emblem @risingSolaris ), and I have writer's block besides. But hopefully it will be gone when those three have finished characters and we can get the IC going.

Reactions: Rainjay
Yep, although I'll most likely close it when the IC is up (I don't like to do that but the plot kind of mandates it here).

Name: Viktor Szandor
Appearance:
CNCRen2_Cyborg_Soviet_Concept.jpg
[Only wears the flags in the presence of the Russian Rebels.]
Personality: Viktor is a serious individual. While he is a bit rusty when it comes to social interaction, he is extremely focused and on point when it comes to serious situations. In the heat of a fight, he keeps calm and some even may say he seems to enjoy fighting a little too much.
Augmentations: Viktor fell case to a near-fatal accident [One involving a war, and something to do with landmines and sadistic torturers] that left much of his body in shambles. His arms and legs had been destroyed beyond repair and his bones had been fractured in multiple spots. Though Viktor's family, who were very rich, attempted to save their dying boy. Keeping only his undamaged internal organs, Viktor was put into an experimental full body reconstruction. This body was later given the Demigod implant at Viktor's request. His entire body is now made of augmentations. While he is capable of exerting these mechanical parts to extreme lengths due to the fact the only parts left in his body that are organic are his internal organs, too much exertion can make parts break and chip. His legs are implanted with powerful shock absorbers along with his arms, allowing him to fall much greater distances than regular humans.
Implant: Demigod
Processes:
- [Interface]
- [Crash]
- [Command]

Weaponry: Viktor carries a Disruptor, hidden from view in his left arm[It pops up out of the arm-guard], his left hand having been replaced with a "Spin and swap" hand which doubles as both hand and light pistol. As well as a long dagger hidden within his right hand.

Biography: Viktor was born into a family of very wealthy Russians. He grew up under the ideal of "Power is what makes the world turn. Defeat whoever is in power, become the most powerful." As such, Viktor wanted to acheive a different kind of power than the what the rest of his family considered it. He wanted to be the most physically and mentally powerful person, not politically powerful. From the age of 14 he started training and studying intensely, showing signs of being a very fast learner with a large amount of determination. When he was 22, he joined the military, and for a period was sent to fight in WW3. That was when the accident happened. During combat Viktor stepped on a landmine, completely obliterating his left leg and horribly damaging the other. Not to mention the large number of burns left on him. He was later found by enemy troops and was interrogated and tortured. They would cut off fingers, pull out teeth, but Viktor wouldn't talk. Soon, the sadists would begin cutting off whole limbs and then cauterizing the wounds with a blowtorch just to make sure he was alive to feel the pain [It is unknown what happened to these sadistic torturers. but in Viktor's mind, he hopes they were found out and taken care of.]. Despite all this, Viktor never told the information and survived long enough to be rescued by his squad. The man they found that day was no longer the determined Viktor Szandor, but a destroyed body that merely held his spirit together. When his parents found out about this accident, they were horrified and did everything in their power to keep their boy alive. After putting his body [or rather, what was left of it] into the new reconstruction, his friends and family prayed it would work. After a solid 6 months of blindness and paralysis, Viktor looked up at his family and friends for the first time in his new body. Getting used to the thing was a long and painstaking two year process, but eventually, Viktor was able to function very closely to his original self, the only difference being that he now held a dark determination to become even stronger so that nothing like what happened to him would ever happen again. Unfortunately, another calamity happened in Viktor's life, his family and everything he knew was wiped out 12 years after his recovery [making him 36 at this point] His family having been wiped out while he was in "Sleep Mode", as he was prone to becoming very tired at random points [for this was withing the year of him receiving the Demigod implant, so he was still getting accustomed to it.] After this, Viktor went into sleep mode for a year, hoping he wouldn't wake up. It was then...That Viktor met the Russian Rebels personally for the first time. They gave him a purpose, to use his implant as a tool to bring down the Omnipotent, to end the people who they blamed for his parent's deaths. After all, who else could have done it? The Omnipotent's people could have just killed Viktor's family by rule of association. Now, Viktor has received the message, and beleives finding this enigmantic entity could help him find the answers, whether that is killing the Omnipotent, or finding out the TRUE killers of his family.

Other Notes: Currently is a member of The Russian Rebels, however, is not widely known due to his enigmatic nature. Not high ranking, but rather keeps his status very low to stay hidden from the eyes of the Omnipotent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Valentyne
Hopefully, I was able to get this in before it closes.

It's good, just a few things to note.

1. I'd like you to detail more specifics of his augmentations in that section (primarily because I don't like people leaving it vague and then revealing their character had something they happened to need in a given conflict). If it's not on the sheet or otherwise established beforehand, you don't have it, is my rule of thumb.

2. With only two Processes to choose after Interface, you can't have Mold for Crash.

3. Torture of prisoners like that is a flagrant war crime. You don't need to change it (war crimes still happen because specific people can be corrupt) but it's noteworthy that there probably would have been consequences for that action.

4. A few words are randomly capitalized--not a big enough problem you need to go through and fix all of them or anything, but you should be aware of it. Example: "As well as a long Dagger hidden within his Right hand."

5. For plot reasons, he'd have to be of a very low status in the Rebels. If he was regularly leaving shadowzones as a higher ranking member, he'd be found out by the Agents or the Omnipotent itself, and his situation requires his status still be a secret to the AI.

6. I'd like more details on what happened to his family, but if it's a planned subplot you left vague intentionally, you can pm me instead of editing it in.

Corrections Complete..Yay!

Is there any room for one more?

Of course--Unless we get a ridiculous amount of new people, I'm keeping the sign ups open until the IC is up.

I keep a note of that in my signature, by the way; the list of my current RPs says whether they're still open.

@risingSolaris is almost done with his character, but @Kreska hasn't even started to my knowledge (Flame dropped out).

If we have to wait too long I'm going to start without him, so that this can at least get off the ground.

Name: Zhi Xiang "Fang" Xie
Appearance: Zhi Xiang has long black hair that goes down to his shoulders. His eyes are a verdant green, and his teeth are genetically modified to be as sharp as those of a wolf. His muscular figure is covered by a simple white shirt and dark blue jeans, as well as a lab coat on top. He stands at about 200 centimeters tall. His hands are usually covered in black gloves used for scientific work. His skin is a pale color from having worked inside for far too long without any exposure to the sun, and many traits such as eyebags betray his sleeplessness.
Personality: Zhi Xiang is a narcissistic individual, and doesn't care for others. He'll get close to others just to manipulate them, and feels no regret in doing so. He trusts no one, but can still appear friendly to those who don't know him. The only way he could achieve such a thing is with his high intelligence and quick thinking skills. Like many with the Angel program, he is very prone to going a bit insane if he uses it too much.
Augmentations: Zhi Xiang's body has been modified to have traits that resemble that of a wolf, which, along with hardcode, allows him to fight like one as well. His arms are prosthetic arms with claws, and his eyes are also "cyber eyes" that have augmented vision. When threatened, he can move very quickly, and can unleash silent and deadly strikes on his opponents. With the Angel program, he only becomes even more deadly.
Implant: Angel
Processes:
- Command
- Rig
- Hijack
- Hardcode
Weaponry: Other than his reflexes, Xiang does carry around several poisons and miniature explosives.
Biography: Fang was abused as a child. His parents manipulated him and used him to make business associates (giving him away as a child worker or assistant of sorts). He never spoke back to them out of fear that they would harm him physically. By being a submissive child, he got through his childhood without his parents ever laying a finger on him. He often had to skip school due to the labor his parents used him for, and often studied sleepless nights to be caught up. However, without knowing how far his colleagues were, he flew way past many of them. The days he returned to school were often mundane as he learned nothing new, and he often caught up on sleep then. Eventually, he left his home for university with trust issues at the early age of 16 as a child genius.
Following after his parents, he often manipulated other students or even teachers to do his bidding for small tasks such as carrying his bag around or buying him small things. He realized he had a knack for doing so, and, without regretting that he was turning into his parents, he graduated early and became a genius scientist who would make many important discoveries. He continued to manipulate workers, and eventually managed to climb to the top of his organization that he soon renamed Snow Corporation.
He then launched his personal project; with only the best scientists in his organization, he modified his own body to give himself animal features such as a sharper eyesight, more strength, and claws. Along with a previously installed Angel program, he would be able to become a powerful weapon through hardcoding animal reflexes. He Working for many nights without sleep, he eventually achieved his goal. However, it came with an unexpected side effect; while in his beast state, he lost control and killed until he was too exhausted to maintain that state. He first realized this when he woke up after his first trial and found all his coworkers dead. Afraid, he went into hiding from enforcers. However, he had no regrets; to him, the ends justified the means.
Eventually, he received a call. His curiosity drove him to come out of hiding to find the caller.
Other Notes: Zhi Xiang owns a Raptor, modified with small, hidden weapons.

Reactions: Valentyne
We worked this out over skype, so accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.