Can We Handle This? (Ruby sapphire and Kirisuna)

• Thread starter rubysapphire193
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing those words, Daniel knew that she was going to have the baby no matter what. He couldn't face his parents about this. He knew it wouldn't turn out good for everyone. "I can't tell them..." He said. He didn't know what to do. He was still immature for his age and he couldn't handle this all by himself.

"You can't hide it forever. They're going to find out sooner or later. They'll be even more pissed off if you decide to hide it from them and they find out on their own." She replied. "I'm telling my Family this weekend. If I can, then you can too." Even though he was still young, he'd have to mature and grow up sooner or later. Its not like he was alone, not to mention there was a chance that her own Parents would tell Daniel's Parents.

This was all too much for Daniel. He needed to get away. "Look. I'm sorry. I need some time alone." He said, getting up and heading for the door. He didn't want to upset Angela but he needed to process all the information he was given.

"Okay..." After Daniel left, Angelina decided to go back to her studies. She just wanted to get her mind off the subject honestly. Between her family, who would she tell first? Probably her Sister, then she'll break it to the rest of her Family over the weekend. She texted Daniel shortly after. 'I know you're having trouble coping with this. I just wanted to let you know that I am too.'

After Daniel left, he sat on a bench in the park of the campus, staring at the fountain in the middle of the lake. This place brought peace to him and helped his mind process all the information. When he read the text from Angela, he felt bad. He was dealing with this but she was as well. And worse, it'll be her body that'll go through the process. He sent back a text: I'm sorry for how I acted. I still love you.

Angelina texted back as she did her homework. 'Its alright. I love you too. Just cool down, go spend time with your friends.' The way he reacted was a little more then she anticipated. If he stayed with her, she was happy. She then texted a photo of the Positive Pregnancy Test to her Sister.

*Saturday Evening*
After talking to her Sister, Anna, about the pregnancy, Angelina was really scared about telling her parents. "Its okay. I'll be right here with you. So will Daniel, Pierce and Jake." In a different room, Daniel would be talking to Angelina's two Brothers, one of whom was a Cop and the other, a Military Serviceman. "You're gonna be a good Dad." The Military Brother, Pierce, said to him, looking at his younger future brother-in-law in the eye.

Daniel smiled at Pierce softly. "Thanks. I hope I am." He said, fidgeting with his fingers. It was time for the first hurdle of the pregnancy. telling the parents. His anxiety was really high and he breathed rapidly. He was hoping that this conversation wouldn't turn bad.

"That's the spirit." Jake said, putting his hand on Daniel's shoulder. "Because I'll be there to kick your ass if you ain't." Pierce smirked as his two sisters came into the room. Angelina took a deep breath before looking at her boyfriend. "You ready sweetheart?"

Daniel rolled his eyes at Jakes remark. He knew he was kidding but it would be fun to see him try. Just then the door opened and he saw his girlfriend walk in. When she asked if he was ready, he took a deep breath. "Yes."

As they all went downstairs, Angelina's parents were sitting in the Living Room with Daniel, Pierce, Jake and Anna. "Mom, Dad, I know this is going to take some time to sink in, but I have something I have to tell you." Angelina's parents, Mr. And Mrs. Stevens sat there patiently. "Go on dear." Mr. Stevens smiled. "Um...I...I'm pregnant." Her parents seemed stunned, then looked at each other. Her Mother then stood up and came over to give her a hug, which surprised Angelina, because she was bracing for getting yelled at. "Well, congratulations dear. Its a little too early, but you know what? Its okay." Mr. Stevens stood up too and walked over and he gave her a hug. "We all make mistakes, Angie. But that's okay. I will welcome my grandchild with open arms." He looked over at Daniel. "Congratulations to the both of you. It may be a bit too early, but this is a time to celebrate, not shame."

Daniel was shocked at their reaction. There was no yelling or judgement of any sort. He gladly took her fathers hand and shook it with a thank you. He also accepted the hug that was given by the mother. Daniel hoped that his parents would act like hers did when he told them.

Angelina herself was surprised. Most of the time when people her age announce a pregnancy, it comes with a negative backlash. Thank the lord her parents were patient and understanding. Well, maybe except for Pierce since they're still mad at him for enlisting into the Military. Or at least Mom was. Dad was okay with it. Now for the hard part, dealing with Daniel's parents...

Later that day, Daniel and Angela were over at his parents house. He was an only child so there were no siblings to warm up to. As they sat on the couch, Daniel held Angela's hand, his hands shaking and sweaty with nerves. This was a very delicate situation and was possibly the last time that he'll ever have a family. He just prayed that they would be just as understanding as Angela's family was.

Angelina took a deep breath as she tried to keep her boyfriend calm. She didn't know how to break it to the parents without aggravating the parents. So she waited for Daniel to start up a conversation with parents. If he doesn't spill the beans, she'd probably have to. Luckily, she had asked Pierce to wait outside and kept the Window open so he could start the engine in case he heard any yelling or arguing. But also kept the doors unlocked in case he had to come in so he can break up a fight and keep his little sister safe.

Daniels mother and father soon came in. His father was an older man with a beard covering half his face and his mother looked like a 60 year old thanks to her drinking habit. "Mom, dad, we need to talk." Daniel said, starting to conversation. "About what?" His father asked with a tone of suspicion and anger. This made Daniel swallow with nerves. "Um, well....it affects all of us." He said. At this point, he wasn't sure if he could say it. His mother watched with curiosity, but it was the kind that was ready to be crushed. Daniels little sister, Molly, was in the next room. She was playing with her dolls, but she always listened to the conversations that ended up a fight.

Daniel's Father intimidated her a bit as she ran her fingers down her hair. She saw that Daniel was nervous and didn't seem so keen on spilling the beans. "Go on, Daniel. Its okay." She tried to calm his nerves, but the intimidating vibe his Father was giving wasn't really helping. So Pierce could listen, she had her Phone active and her Purse mostly open sitting next to her. That way he'd know to either rush in or start the engine.

Daniel appreciated the encouragement from his girlfriend but it soon diminished once he saw his fathers face. He then took a deep breath and tried again. "The truth is.....Angela......is pregnant." He couldn't believe he just said it. His mothers eyes grew wide with shock and his fathers face grew angry. "Did you do it?" His father asked as he stood. Daniel slowly stood as well to protect Angela. "Yes...." He said and swallowed. There was silence for a moment until the father took a swing at Daniel. It hit him right in the nose and fell back against the couch, almost onto Angela.

"Babe!" Angelina caught him as she fell next to her after being punched by his Father. Hearing the altercation through the Phone, Pierce got out of his car and ran to the front door. Checking to see if it was unlocked, he tried the door. Huh, guess Daniel or one of his parents forgot to lock it. Pierce opened the door. "Angelina! Daniel! You guys okay?" he asked as he ran into the Living Room to see that Daniel had been hit. He then hoped that he could talk down the Father and hopefully get him to be more accepting.

Daniel held his nose after he was punched. Blood was pouring out of it. When Pierce came in, the father looked at him with an angry look. "Who are you? And what are you doing in my house?" He yelled, infuriated. Daniel looked over at Pierce, worried that his father would hurt him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.