Can We Handle This? (Ruby sapphire and Kirisuna)

• Thread starter rubysapphire193
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel tried to talk after a moment but nothing was coming out. He was too much in shock about the news. After a minute, he was able to speak. "Are you sure? I mean. Did you take a pregnancy test?" He asked quietly so everyone around wouldn't hear them. If she hadn't done the test, then that means it could be all in her head.

"Yes, sweetheart. I'm sure, but I won't know until the end of today. I plan on grabbing a Pregnancy Test after class. I mean, I hope I'm not either, because I'd be kissing my future goodbye." To be honest, the signs were all there, so she didn't deny the fact that she may be pregnant, she just wanted to know for sure. She then grabbed his wrists. "But if I am, you'll help me get through it, right?" She asked in a sincere tone of voice. There was no way she could raise the child alone, worst of all, she didn't want her baby to grow up without a Father. "But I will say this, right now. Abortion and Adoption are out of the question."

Hearing Angela say she wasn't completely sure gave Daniel a little relief. He hoped that she was just going through that time of the month or having weird effects from drinking. Once she took his wrists and asked if he'll be with her through it, he didn't know what to say. His whole career was planned for him and his college was supported by his football scholarship. He couldn't give that up all over a pregnancy. He couldn't. "I don't know...." Was all he could say. He didn't want to make sure upset and he didn't want to promise her something that he wasn't sure himself.

Angelina saw the doubt in her boyfriend's eyes. Although she was feeling indifferent, deep down she was hurt. "Okay. Well, we won't know for sure until I take that test. But you know what, it's okay. You can still get through college. Both of us can. You can still make the best out of your Scholarship." She tried to give him a confidence boost, hoping that he wouldn't be all down.

Daniel just stared back at his girlfriend. He was surprised at how calm she was. He remembered how freaked out Stacy was in high school that she was pregnant. Thankfully Angela wasn't like that. He took her hands and rubbed both of them with his thumbs. "Sounds like a plan." He said, wanting to show that he still cared about her.

Wen Daniel picked up on the Confidence, it made Angelina happy. They were both still very young, so the thought of having kids early was a scary one indeed. He still cared. However, she may need more then that. "Alright. After class, we can go to the Pharmacy then."

Daniel nodded in agreement. He cared about her a lot. He even loved her. The thought of a baby, however, would change everything in their entire lives. He stood up and waited for Angela so they could walk to class. He even held on his hand for her to take and hold.

Angelina took his hand and they walked to class together. Despite being stressed out from such thoughts, she did her best to try and focus. Although being a Mother at her age was going to be tough, Angelina was lucky to have a loving family. Her Father would be a hypocrite if he got mad at her for getting pregnant, because his side of the Family has a history of marrying young and having Children in the early to mid twenties on average. Her Mother on the other hand, most likely wouldn't mind because she'd have another Grandchild to smother despite already having five.

Once they made it to College Algebra, Daniel took a seat near the back with Angela in tow. He wasn't ready for the class to begin with but now he most certainly wasn't ready. In his mind was the pregnancy and the baby and Angela and her parents and his parents......the list kept going on and on all at the same time. He hoped so much that this pregnancy test was negative. Then they can go back to their lives in first year of college.

Angelina was a bit more calm about it. However, she wouldn't allow it to cloud her focus in class, because she really didn't get into University for no reason. After all, she did work hard to get accepted into it, she was just lucky her Parents were paying for it.

*A few hours later*
After their final class, Angelina wanted to give Daniel some space after breaking such shocking news to him. While at the Pharmacy, she picked up a pregnancy test. She then got back to her dorm room. After opening the pregnancy test, she went into the bathroom to take the test.

Daniel had gone to his dorm after class and was trying to calm his mind from the racing thoughts. He kept telling himself that he's probably freaking out over nothing. Then again it could be something. He waited by his cell, unable to stay still. After an hour of nothing, he decided to go see Angela in person. He felt that if she was going to take the test, he had to be there for support and confirmation.

After taking the test, it came back positive. "Oh shit..." Were the only words that came out of her mouth. After washing her hands, she left the Pregnancy Test on her desk and texted Daniel. "Honey, it came back positive..." She took a deep breath as she began doing her Homework to get it off her mind.

Just as Daniel was walking down the hall to Angela's room, he got a text message. He looked at his phone and saw the message from her. He just stood there in complete shock and his phone fell out of his hands and hit the floor with a loud thud. He just felt like he was struck by lightning and couldn't move or think.

Angelina continued to do her homework. Wherever Daniel was, he sure was taking his sweet time. Not that she minded though, he was probably in shock right now. If another hour passes and he still doesn't arrive, then she'd have to go and look for him. At the moment though, she really didn't want to think about breaking it to her parents and other Family Members.

After a minute, Daniel slowly bent down and picked up his phone. Lucky for him, it wasn't broken. His eyes were still wide with shock and every step he took to Angela was almost robotic. Once he made it to the door, he knocked on it and just stood there with wide eyes and heavy breathing.

When she heard him knock on the door, she set down her pencil before walking over to her door. She knew it was Daniel, so she opened the door immediately. He didn't look so good either. "Baby, what's wrong?" she asked, pulling him into the room. Well, this wasn't the reaction she anticipated. Sure it was shocking, but it wasn't like College was gonna go downhill for him. His Home life may end up being bad, but it wasn't like it was the end of the world.

Once Angela pulled him inside, he immediately sank to the floor. "What's wrong?" He repeated it with sarcasm. "You're gonna have a baby." He wished all of this was a bad dream. Of course he wasn't having the baby but still, his parents would disown him and who knows what else.

She got down to his level. "Look, I know its hard, but don't throw your future away because of one mistake that we made. But I don't my...Our child to grow up not knowing his own Dad." If he left her, he'd be looking at paying Child Support for the next eighteen years after she gives birth, that was something she didn't want him to do. She grabbed his wrists. "Its gonna be really tough because I know how your parents are. But you can still graduate with the degree you want. Don't throw it all away because of that one stupid night that we both had. Its my fault too, not just yours."

Once she mentioned his parents, he started to freak out. "Do you really know how my parents are? I've been taught not to have sex till marriage and I broke that promise. Now im gonna have a baby! I won't have a family anymore!" He yelled, getting louder and louder with every word spoken. It was true. His mother would be devastated and not know her own son. His father would probably beat him for being so stupid and then ban him from ever being in his sight. Daniel grabbed his head from both sides and grabbed his hair. "There has to be another way."

Why was he freaking out? If he explained it to them and was upfront as well as honest, his parents would surely understand. How was she so calm, yet he was so panicky? When he said that there had to be another way, Angelina couldn't help but think about abortion or adoption. Even though she was not against abortion, she was definitely against getting one. Yes, she was willing to go through pregnancy and have the baby. She didn't really care what other people had to say. She's an adult, she can make decisions for herself. Giving up her child for adoption was not really something she wanted to do, but it seemed like it was the only way to keep the baby a secret from Daniel's Parents. Even then, she wasn't willing to do that. Its her child, she gave it life, she's going to raise it, well, at least with the help of her Sister, Brothers and Parents, because they all knew how to handle kids; her Brothers were both married, so were her sister; her Eldest Brother already had two kids, while her second Brother had one as well, whereas her Sister had two kids as well. "If you're asking me to have an abortion or to give up the baby for adoption, its not happening." She stated, clean and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.