Can Iwaku win my love?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Iwaku members. I've decided to give your little community a chance. Like many others of late, I'm a transfer from RPNation. As some of you may have heard, they went through some fairly drastic updates. Because of that, I'm testing the waters along with my old RP group.

Here's a little about me:
•I've been roleplaying for about 8 years
World of Darkness was my introduction to tabletop RPs
•I'm studying to be a concept artist
•Cooking and hiking are just a couple of my passions

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. If you have any questions, or just want to chat-- feel free to say hello.

welcome, fellow refugee! SO YOU ARE THE LEGEND THAT TATTOOED THE TURKEY! you're awesome aha.
i wish i could cook >///<

Hello SlowInfect! I'm Touch of Insanity or Insanity for short! Welcome to this wonderful place. I hope we can win your love, we'd love to have you stick around! If you ever have any questions or just want to chat feel free to PM me at any time! You can also find me hanging out in our Chatrooms if you'd like to hang out! You can meet lots of wonderful members that way. Once again welcome and hope to see you around :)

@Alan
I haven't attempted LARPing yet. Though, I do own the materials to LARP core WoD, Mage: The Awakening, and Vampire: The Requiem. Someday, I hope to find a group willing to experience it with me.

@The Mood is Write
I really enjoy themes of environmental damage. Usually, that creates a disparity of resources and the power struggles are centered around that. Also, within totalitarian governments, it's fun to introduce aspects of sedating emotions in the populous. There are so many angles that can create a dystopian society, however; so, it's easy to keep the genre fresh.

@Fancy Turtle
Oh my. I already know the troubles of getting a group together consistently. If I go about that method, I'll be sure do design my campaigns to be episodic in nature to compensate for any players who won't show up. Quick question-- Does the Iwaku dice system support the use of Fudge/FATE dice?

@Astaroth
Thank you. I'd appreciate that. If it's any time soon, I'll have to judge the workload of my next semester before joining, but I'd love a heads up when you have it posted.

@Kitti
Well, there is plenty of time ahead to bombard me with cheesy pick-up lines. I am glad that you enjoyed my art though.

As for roleplays, I can tell you what my immediate plans are. The group I followed to here will be rebooting the RP they hosted on RPN. Ignite the Spark-- which, in a nutshell, is about a rebellion vs a corrupt pharmaceutical company which took over society. Besides that, I'm laying the groundwork to run my own campaign. Geared for Extinction-- which will be an apocalyptic steampunk RP with horror elements and a strong political emphasis. I plan to host that through the Unisystem dice system with the All Flesh Must be Eaten supplements.

@LogicfromLogic
Thank you! If you could just transfer a few thousand dollars USD to my paypal account, I would be more than appreciative.

@Bobby Chase
I appreciate the welcome! One can never have too many friends or potential RP partners. If you'd like to chat, feel free to message me.

@theglassangel
Ah! Another fleeing the horrors of the update. Welcome to the new frontier! Haha, "The Legend that Tattooed the Turkey!" I may just have to use that as my title. Does that mean you stumbled across my thread on RPN before?

Cooking is a skill like any other. It just takes time and patience. I'll freely admit to giving myself food poisoning along the way, but I seem to do alright nowadays.

@Touch of Insanity
Thank you for another warm welcome. The staff has been very endearing thus far. I'm sure I'll find myself wandering that way soon, especially since I don't find myself eager to start a roleplay until after Iwaku's update later this moth.

Reactions: Kitti
I really enjoy themes of environmental damage. Usually, that creates a disparity of resources and the power struggles are centered around that. Also, within totalitarian governments, it's fun to introduce aspects of sedating emotions in the populous. There are so many angles that can create a dystopian society, however; so, it's easy to keep the genre fresh.
Nice. I usually go for a sort of technology-based dystopia. Either super advanced and prevalent, or reverted to stone tools, or somewhere in between. It helps drive home the more psychological aspects, in my mind.

For the first, super advanced stuff, I tend to use advertisements, and companies own the world, because that's a system I'm a bit more familiar with. People no longer have voices except in what they buy, and they're censored using advertisements.

For the latter, with the lowered tech level, it tends to be post-apoc of some sort, and there's either no society, or society is ruled by one or many warlords fighting for control.

@theglassangel
Ah! Another fleeing the horrors of the update. Welcome to the new frontier! Haha, "The Legend that Tattooed the Turkey!" I may just have to use that as my title. Does that mean you stumbled across my thread on RPN before?

Cooking is a skill like any other. It just takes time and patience. I'll freely admit to giving myself food poisoning along the way, but I seem to do alright nowadays.

"the horrors", i have to say that i love your diction XD
only if you give me credit, haha ;)

i have, actually! on rpn, i used to be a really shy lurker >////<

oh good that you're in one piece! i'm a really picky eater. i'm lactose intolerant without pills of some sort, allergic to pineapples and i don't like candy, cookies, or anything overwhelmingly sweet. i should just resort to baby food :P

@The Mood is Write
Corporate owned society is a brilliant one. There's so much that can be experienced in social commentary with that. Right now, I'm actually participating in a shadow-cast (acting out a movie while it plays behind the cast) of REPO! The Genetic Opera. That has a bit of that premise.

@theglassangel
Claimed and credit given! I was barely able to make the 50 character maximum.

Ah, understandable. It took me a while to be comfortable posting as well. Welcome to the world beyond that shell.

Luckily, I'm blessed without any food allergies that I know of, but I've cooked for plenty of people with restrictions. Hell, I used to be vegetarian, so even cooking without meats isn't an issue for me. Being a picky eater isn't much of a problem for a chef once the boundaries are figured out though. Culinary arts are vast enough to accommodate all tastes and still offer variety. I have an occasional sweet-tooth but I'm mostly fond of savory or acidic flavors.

@The Mood is Write
Corporate owned society is a brilliant one. There's so much that can be experienced in social commentary with that. Right now, I'm actually participating in a shadow-cast (acting out a movie while it plays behind the cast) of REPO! The Genetic Opera. That has a bit of that premise.

@theglassangel
Claimed and credit given! I was barely able to make the 50 character maximum.

Ah, understandable. It took me a while to be comfortable posting as well. Welcome to the world beyond that shell.

Luckily, I'm blessed without any food allergies that I know of, but I've cooked for plenty of people with restrictions. Hell, I used to be vegetarian, so even cooking without meats isn't an issue for me. Being a picky eater isn't much of a problem for a chef once the boundaries are figured out though. Culinary arts are vast enough to accommodate all tastes and still offer variety. I have an occasional sweet-tooth but I'm mostly fond of savory or acidic flavors.

OHMYGOD YOU DID IT I WAS KIDDING BUT OHMYGOD HOW AWESOME IS THAT DSKJDFSLKJFLKJFDS

you deserve the facehugger <333

Oh? I'm not sure I understand shadow-cast, but it sounds pretty interesting. The Repo setting is fantastic. I've watched the DVD version several times, and I just adore it!

I may have to toss you a link to the info about that corporate dystopia, sometime, if you're up for it!

I'm familiar with shadow-cast. A Repo! performance sounds pretty sweet; I also am a fan of the movie.

@theglassangel
Of course! How could I resist? Oh, and the honor of the facehugger! My chest is bursting with joy! (and aliens.)

@The Mood is Write
Shadow-casts are a fun experience. They're designed for audience participation with the film and have extra gags throughout the film/play. I'm glad you enjoy the movie. I've seen it so many times at this point.

Absolutely! I'd love to to take a look.

@Astaroth
You're one of the few. Most people don't know what shadow-casts are. I play Luigi in it. What productions have you seen?

Shadow-casts are a fun experience. They're designed for audience participation with the film and have extra gags throughout the film/play. I'm glad you enjoy the movie. I've seen it so many times at this point.

Absolutely! I'd love to to take a look.
That does sound pretty fun! I'll have to look it up for some more info. =)

As for the dystopia, I have most of the information here. Right now, I'm working on moving it to toyhou.se from another site.

@The Mood is Write

I understand the struggle. I'm trying to get all of my RP info moved over from my last site I was using. Sadly, the bbcode doesn't match up, so it'll take a while to sort all of it out.

An army of stolen children... That sounds absolutely terrifying. I like that it's a reclaimed dystopia with hints to it regressing back.

I understand the struggle. I'm trying to get all of my RP info moved over from my last site I was using. Sadly, the bbcode doesn't match up, so it'll take a while to sort all of it out.

An army of stolen children... That sounds absolutely terrifying. I like that it's a reclaimed dystopia with hints to it regressing back.
Oof. If you use a program like sublimetext, you can use the search and replace function to help you out with that. Make it a little easier. =)

Thank you! A lot of people think it's silly, but for her story, it's the only thing that makes sense. She wants soldiers who are 'below' her, so to speak. When she grew up, she started taking older soldiers, but early on? None could be older than she was, or they'd get shot. The funny part is, when Biocybera was ruling, things were very good for her people, and the dystopia came about after she was sent packing. People had rights under her, though she was hard on her soldiers, and she made steps bring third and second world countries forward and fix things that had been problems before her rule. Now that companies rule everything, things are regressing to worse than they were before she ruled, and the great thing is, people think that they're better off now, because of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.