"Can I be staff?!" Question Answered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a wall in the staff room.

It's called JackShade.

But yeah - mucho patience and mutual-support needed (you can see the modicum of self-control that I barely cling to each day). And most staff will hit crisis points at some time in their career, and in those moments the help of the team is all that really keeps you from meltdown.

As a staffie you have to come to terms with the process of tolerating insufficiency, interference and frustration in return for those small moments of brilliance that enrich us all.

If you can accept that, then you're halfway into the staff room.

Who the hell would want to be a staff member at THIS place?

Certainly not me >:(

*sweeps all the fleas and fat ticks away so Amp can take a seat on Iwaku's moldy, collapsing corpse*

But yeah - mucho patience and mutual-support needed (you can see the modicum of self-control that I barely cling to each day). And most staff will hit crisis points at some time in their career, and in those moments the help of the team is all that really keeps you from meltdown.

As a staffie you have to come to terms with the process of tolerating insufficiency, interference and frustration in return for those small moments of brilliance that enrich us all.

If you don't believe this is true, or don't think it could happen to you, we can start a thread asking how many members are former admins or mods here or their former home communities. I think you'd be surprised at how many of us are out there. Mod burn out is NOT pretty if the community doesn't have a break system and support by other mods. Too many take on too much, or take things too personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.