Can any of the artist out there help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ

Melancholia Personified
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
My daughter is a regular little artist. I think that she's got quite a lot of talent (Of course if I didn't say that, I'd be a horrible mother, but in this case it's the truth. :) ) Yesterday while we were in Best Buy she asked me about a bamboo tablet, which is something I've never heard of before. So, I looked it up online when we got home, and figured out what it was and decided I'm going to get her one for her birthday in May. However, I have no idea what I am looking for. @_@

So, if any of you guys have/use/know of one that's relatively cheap, but works well, and can tell me what specs I should look for, I would greatly appreciate it.

Wacom Bamboo is what I was gifted to give me something to draw on.

It's relatively inexpensive for their first tablet, multiple pressure settings give you that 'feeling' of drawing that plenty of people need to draw well, and it's fairly rugged in design and easy to use.

There are newer ones. But I can't really vouch for them besides being updated models. The prices aren't too dissimilar though.

• Thank You
Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Adding to @Windsong, Wacom Bamboo Fun is also an option.

My first ever tablet was a Bamboo Fun ( A4 size), and it held up beautifully for a reasonable price. I've had it for about 3 or 4 years, and despite being so banged up and used (that the texture on the pressure area is entirely worn out) it still works perfectly. It's easy to use, doesn't have a lot of complicated stuff in it, and it is fairly durable, compared to some other tablets. It also uses a standard USB connector, and it's reversible, depending on if you're right or left handed.

I really can't say anything about the price, since I bought mine in Sweden, but I'm sure there are places where they're sold rather cheap.

• Thank You
Thanks guys. I have quite a few months to look into everything, but I think I might go with your suggestion. She doesn't need anything fancy, but it'll be nice for her to stop borrowing my phone to take pictures of her drawings so she can work on them on the computer.

I just sold my Bamboo Splash a few weeks ago D: Shame, it was only opened and never used, I'd totally have shipped it over to you for a deal.

• Thank You
I just sold my Bamboo Splash a few weeks ago D: Shame, it was only opened and never used, I'd totally have shipped it over to you for a deal.
Isn't that the way it always goes? You keep stuff around forever, and then when you finally get rid of it you are almost guaranteed to need it within the next month. O.o That happened to me so many times last summer.

Ah, well. Better in need than a hoarder.

Thanks Mini. :) Unfortunately, I only just learned about them myself yesterday. It sucks too, because it would have been an awesome Christmas present.

Status
Not open for further replies.