2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Science Fiction, Horror, Post-Apoc, Psychological

An Empire in Ruins
Cyrodiil, Tamriel | 19th of First Seed 3E 433

The Oblivion Crisis had been foretold, recorded in the Elder Scrolls of eons past. From the fires of the Deadlands, the kyn of Mehrunes Dagon will walk Mundus and bring siege to the realm. Emperor Uriel Septim VII will die, the Mythic Dawn will spread like a plague across the land. One lone hero will rise from the fires smelling of death and brimstone...but it is not you. The Scrolls spoke of another. Yet you...you have something about you that makes you unique. But I wonder...do you have the strength to walk the lands of Cyrodiil and vanquish evil in the name of all life on Mundus? Or will you fail and bring death to yourself?

You awaken in your cells, mold growing in the corners and along the cobblestone around you...moisture condensing and dripping from odd places. You are in Vivec City, the dreams you had spoke of Cyrodiil, a land too far off to even comprehend being in at this present time. But why did that voice speak out to you? Her voice was familiar...but was it really feminine?

As you ask yourselves all these questions, blissfully ignorant to the chaos that is now ensuing around the Cantons; reality snaps you to. Fires envelop the halls and the screams of the unworthy echo through your heads. The scent of charred corpses and burning flora assails your nostrils just as cackling fills the cell-block halls.

Dremora.

A squad of the servants of the Princes moves through the halls, moving from cell to cell, searching. Each of those they stopped at with an occupant, they touched the bars and simply melted them before stepping in and dragging the occupant out by whatever they could grab.

The screams. They were so constant, so soul-rending...so very much close to home...as you, too, are pulled from your cells and dragged off. Your struggles are pitiful and shrugged off, carelessly forced up flights of stairs outside of the underworks of the Redoran Canton you found yourselves in just moments prior. Before you, and all around you, the city was aflame.

Lining the coast were a series of brimstone arches, cresting twenty feet in height with the legions of Dagon pouring free.

Oblivion.

The Crisis had been foretold.

The whispers, they made sense now...but this revelation was empty in its gains. No, you were brought towards the Foreign Quarter, where the bridge to the land faced a massive portal, thrice the size of those dotting the coast around. Something inside beckoned...something inside thrummed.

It is where you were brought.

Fire. Death. Ash. Oblivion.

The Dragonfires have fallen dark. The world is at war. Death calls to those around and Dagon will walk these lands. You are certain of this, as to your own deaths. You become even more certain of it as you are dragged further into the bleak layer you found yourself in: spires with insidious bridges spanning between them, massive gates dividing forces with portals to Mundus in each division, and the screams of those being tormented and slaughtered creating a crescendo to the orchestra that was the war being waged.

Another cell.

Sitting in one of the spires connected to the central, the sobbings and ramblings of those captured around you. Divines seemed to have blessed you this day, though. The Dremora were not as keen as they should have and one of the captured managed to smuggle in a lockpick and worked tirelessly at his cage and did the impossible: he got out. After all, the simulacra of the Daedra are not infallible to mortal interaction...no, mortality has a greater chance than they give them credit...and now it is being used to your advantage.

A dozen were freed, you included. It is time to fight back, to escape. But how? That is where the story really begins, here in...

An Empire in Ruins.

Name:
Race: (No Dwemer, Daedra, or Falmer [ancient or otherwise])
Age: (Non-Elves live roughly Human standard. Elves generally live to 3-500 without magic, 40 is the average for becoming an adult.)
Background/Occupation: (Where you indicate what your character is good at)
Personality:
History:

Rules are as follows:
  • Iwaku Standard.
  • Take adult content to PM's.
  • No godmodding or powergaming. If you are unsure as to what that is or if your character may be questionable in that regards, ask.
  • No Unicorn characters. Meaning, no 'I am perfect with everything I do and can do everything.'

Slot 1: Open

Slot 2: Open

Slot 3: Open

Slot 4: Open

Slot 5: Open

Last edited:

History of Sirus
Freelancer Alpha-Fourteen-Dash-Ten, this is Shikoku Station. You are cleared to dock.

In the year 800 AS (Arrival in Sirus), in the central cluster of stars in the far off Sirus sector, the infiltration of the Nomad aliens into Human society nearly brought forth all-out war between the four Houses of Sirus: Liberty, Rheinland, Kusari, and Bretonia.

In the year 800 AS, in the central cluster of stars in the far off Sirus sector, the infiltration of the Nomad aliens into Human society was thwarted by then-fugitives Edison Trent and Jun'ko Zane. With the help of xenoachaeologist Roland Quintaine, they were able to locate - and assault - the alien's supposed homeworld in the Omicron Major system. It was here, that the fugitives assaulted the alien power supply - a massive Dyson Sphere, built by the Nomad's Masters.

The year is now 825 AS.

The actions of Edison Trent and Jun'ko Zane have been forgotten by the majority of the galaxy as fleeting criminals and subsequent saviours of mankind. Only those who fought against - and with - the two remember the tales for how they were. Sirus has returned to a state of normalcy: minor disputes between the Houses, Liberty Rogues and Bretonian Molly's assaulting trade-lanes within their respective domains, and the ever-watchful eye of the Order on the Nomad Hypergates - waiting for their return.

The Premise
Twenty-five years after the repulsion of the Nomad forces from the Sirus sector, things are starting to heat up once more. Liberty and Rheinland have begun skirmishes between the Hudson and Galileo systems, after Liberty's desire to expand her territory. Tensions between Kusari and Bretonia are warming up, in kind; but for a different reason: mining rights on sources of Niobium in recently discovered regions of space bordering either state.

Corporate espionage, inciting pirate attacks, and the occasional show of force with military might prove that escalation is only a matter of time.

But, where are you in all of this?

You're a Corsair.

The Corsairs
"Cardamine, Cardamine. Everyone wants Cardamine."

The only home you have ever known is the planet of Crete, nestled away within the Walker Nebula of the Omicron Gamma system. In fact, it is often the only home that most of the Corsairs know. Crete has damn near everything you could want, provided you have the credits; from Cardamine and synthetic marijuana to contraband alcohol from Kusari space, from handsome men to gorgeous women, from contracted hitmen to professional bounty hunters, Crete has it all.

And that's where you come in. You are all part of a misfit band of lane-hitters - ace pilots who disrupt the trade lanes to hijack the cargo of passing vessels. Rumors of increased mining efforts by the Rheinland in the Omega-7 system has prompted your outfit to move your operations closer to this ample target. Operating out of the Omega-5 system from Cadiz Base, you strike without warning or mercy against IMG and Daumann haulers carrying valuable Copper and Cobalt.

The Requirements
I am going to try to keep this minimal, because otherwise it would be no fun. Ideally, having played Freelancer enough to know some of the story woud be preffered. However, I know that will be a stretch. So, all I ask is for some initiative to learn a little about the Freelancer universe.
I will also be requiring a minimum one-paragraph post length.

The Gamemaster
I work nights at my job, so I will strive to make - at the least - one GM post a day, highlighting the events as they unfold. In periods of 'down time,' as in non-combat or general travel/station time/planetside time, you'll be free to post as often as you want and interact with whatever you deem fit. During combats of combat where I am needed to moderate and have the world react, I request that persons only make a single post that contains an ACTION, as in targetting and attacking or evading an attack. 'Coms Chatter' can happen as frequently as you would like during these situations.

I will not be playing a character, so to speak, but the entity of the universe and - more personally - the freighter that flies sorties with the group to collect the hijacked cargo.

Player Resources
Throughout the course of this story, the players will acrue credits and other trade goods during their travels and fights. After combat encounters, I will provide a loot list that can be divided up amongst the rest of the party. Or, as an alternate option, it can all be sold off. The ratios for all this is determined by group concensus, the divying up of gold as pirates would so to speak. Keeping resources, such as Cobalt or Niobium, and finding a friendly base to offload it at might net you more credits, but at the risk of being targetted by other pirate factions.

Players will need to keep track of their personal wealth and resources on their character sheets, updated whenever the loot tables come out. I will be keeping my own tracker of your wealth, but if you do not update your information, your wealth is considered lost from that encounter and it must be done before the next combat scenario.

As a band of misfit Corsairs, all players will start with an M3-Legionnaire Light Fighter - the staple vessel for the Corsair Irregulars. Your ships are equipped with the standard package. Please reference THIS page for the standard package. I will be providing a chart with all the 'damage' values of weapons at a later time. You will also have the clothes on your back, a basic pistol, and 500 credits to start your journey. Please make note of these items in your character sheet.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me directly or refer to the Freelancer Wiki.

##NOTE: This is a Freelancer Fandom Roleplay.
Code:
[tabs][tab=Bio Info]
[SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#ffff00]Name[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Age[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Gender[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Appearance[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Personality[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]History[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Strengths[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Weaknesses[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Other[/COLOR][/B]:
[/tab][tab=Personal Items]
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Personal Equipment[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Wealth and Resources[/COLOR][/B]:
[/tab][tab=Ship Info]
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Ship Model[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Ship Equipment[/COLOR][/B]:
[B][COLOR=#ffff00]Ship Description[/COLOR][/B]:
[/tab][/tabs]

• Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    History:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Other:

Last edited:
Thank you much! I will extract the code in just a moment, once I save the other code I am working on.

POST CODING TESTING

-AWAITING TEST-

Last edited: