Camp Rising Hero (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahlia just nodded, unsure of how to respond. Gabby's powers were quite interesting, and she especially liked his butterfly form. She looked out of her window, still leaning on the edge of her seat if the siblings wanted to talk anymore. The bus hit a large pothole, sending her little plant forward to hit the back of the seat in front of Dahlia. Luckily she caught it, but nearly had a heart attack when it was falling. All she could think of was it smashing on the floor, the pot shattering, and soil going everywhere. It made her shudder. Thinking back to earlier on the bus, Dahlia remembered how she had made eye contact with another girl, but whipped around nervously. Slowly, the elemental turned to the girl from earlier, offering a wave and a tiny, incredibly anxious smile.

@neobendium

(@Crow <<< mentioned, no obligation to respond)

Ashley's face broke into a grin as she noticed the girl that seemed scared of her was smiling at her now. She smiled back at her warmly, waving in a friendly manner. She hadn't eavesdropped on their conversation, not wanting to be rude, so the only thing she had heard was the word Daliah. That must be her name. Right?

She contemplated moving across the aisle so they could talk, but she didn't want to scare the girl that seemed so...nervous.

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

Dahlia looked back over at her little plant, getting bored again. She made its leaves rise as high as they could before letting them droop. The elemental turned back to the other girl, analyzing her. Dahlia understood that she would need friends, otherwise she'd crumble into a ball of loneliness like her mother. She shuddered slightly as she thought of her mother's always mournful expression. It was nice to be away from home. Just a bit scary. Then, Dahlia waved the girl over, albeit nervously. That was something she needed to work on. Her sheepishness. Sometimes, it got to a point where it controlled her, driving her away from anything that involved more than three people she already knew. But she would conquer it right now... Er, she already kind of had with Gabby and Sam, but she was still a wreck so there was still something left to conquer!

@neobendium

Ashley grinned and got up, walking across the aisle and sitting down next to her. "Hello!" she smiled, extending a hand for her to shake. "I'm Ashley." She had a few friends back at the orphanage, but she doubted she'd ever see them the same again after this. And it was good to make new friends with other people that had special abilities. They'd be stuck together at the camp anyway, may as well get along.

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

"Hey... I'm Dahlia." The teenager smiled, and it seemed larger and more genuine than it had previously. Dahlia shook her extended hand, feeling only slightly awkward. She looked out of the window for a moment, taking a deep breath. The windows weren't opened, but she could sense the fresh air. It seemed like they were heading into a more natural area now. The little plant in her palms started dancing, swaying like a hula dancer again. Dahlia got a bit annoyed again, seeing that the clouds she kept gathering in front of the sun wouldn't stay where she wanted them. Now, she gathered a large wall of ominous black clouds with a tiny huff. Maybe it would start raining.

@neobendium

Ashley noticed her huff, the plant, and the black clouds gathering above. "I'm guessing you control weather?" She asked, looking outside. "And plants?" She didn't ask what was wrong, knowing that it could cause her to clam up or break down...it had happened to her before, with other kids that had just come into the orphanage. It was always better to talk about more...positive things.

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

To say that Psiion was in her own little music heaven was only a half truth. She had her headphones in and music blasting in her ears so much during the bus ride that she didn't seem to notice anyone else arounf her. It was on her favorite song too that she barely registered the person beside her.

Castiel Ainsworth could not believe he had actually done it. Sure, he had decided to not go to the stupid Christian reform camp his parents had tried to ship him off too and yes he had stowed away on the bus to this 'Hero' training camp, but it was still a lot to take in. Maybe he should just check in with a counselor to see if can get the official papers that allow him to be there... or just say that papers got mixed up and that his parents filled out the wrong ones. "Yeah Cas... that is so gonna work." He muttered to himself as he watched some of the campers mingle with each other on the bus. He pulled out a lighter and started to play with it for the time being, making sure not to actually set anything on fire. There was a girl sitting next to him jamming away with her headphones, so he moved the lighter a little closer to the wondow so as to not burn her.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yeah. Nature manipulation. What about you?" Dahlia looked back to Ashley, seeming to be a bit more comfortable. She looked back at the clouds for a moment. "The sun was too bright. I didn't mean to gather storm clouds, they were just the closest ones around I guess." The girl shrugged, looking back at Ashley. She hoped that the girl wouldn't think she was upset or anything. Dahlia actually felt decent for once, and she was glad to be making a few friends. It was kind of surprising to her that she was able to get over her shyness for the most part and speak to people. But then again, there was plenty of time left to get overwhelmed by everyone and run into the woods so that no one would find her. Yeah, that sounded right.

@neobendium

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashley nodded at her reply with a grin. "That's cool," She complemented sincerely. At least Daliah didn't seem upset anymore, that was good. "Me? Well....it's better just to show you, I guess, but I can morph my hands into paws with really long claws," she explained, holding up her hands for emphasis. "I can show you, if you want me to."

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

Last edited:
"Thanks." Dahlia smiled, holding the plant in her lap. "And yeah, that'd be cool." She nodded, watching Ashley's hand. She found herself wondering what everyone else's powers were. Of course none of them seemed obvious. How would you be able to tell if someone was a shape shifter or fire manipulator anyways? The elemental focused back to Ashley, waiting to see her long claws.

@neobendium

"Yup!" Rikki watched after Dakota heading towards the cabins with a happier gait and smirked. Little moments like these made her glad she had the power that she did. Once the girls entered the first cabin, they raided the cleaning supply closet and got to work. There were only a few last minute things to finish up, so RC was pretty sure they'd get through them all quickly.
@daemon_reaver

Last edited:
Ashley focused for a second on her right hand and her fingertips became long and sharp, a metallic silver color glinting off of them as they grew longer, sharper, deadlier. Black scales covered her hand and up her arm to her elbow. The morph was complete in a matter of seconds and the girl smiled at Dahlia, hoping she wouldn't be scared off by them.

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

Erik nodded and began helping drake set up the equipment. "So is it your first time here? It is for me. I hope i can get along with the kids. I am used to training soldiers not adolescent kids."

@daemon_reaver

Dahlia's mouth hung open for a moment before she grinned, holding her hand closer to her face. She avoided the claws, noticing how incredibly sharp they were. "That's so... Cool! Wow!" She looked up at Ashley, putting her hand down. A more than excited look was plastered on her face and her eyes lit up. She suddenly felt a bit lame with the powers she had, but shrugged it off. At least she had powers, and had the chance to be a hero.

@neobendium

Ashley smiled and allowed her hand to revert back to normal. "Thanks," she grinned, then shrugged. "But still, they're just claws." Curious to know more about Dahlia's weather control, she continued. "So, can you create weather conditions? Or do you just control the weather around you?" She asked curiously, folding her hands in her lap.

@-'ToxicGhostie'-

"Both, but sometimes I can't generate weather effects and can only control the stuff around me." Dahlia shrugged, looking back out the window momentarily. She was happy to see that the clouds had stayed in place. "Weather is a lot harder to handle than plants." She looked down at the smaller-than-average Watermelon Peperomia plant she held in her lap. The leaves reached upward slightly when she raised her eyebrows, falling back down to where they were before when she stopped.

@neobendium

"Yup!" Rikki watched after Dakota heading towards the cabins with a happier gait and smirked. Little moments like these made her glad she had the power that she did. Once the girls entered the first cabin, they raided the cleaning supply closet and got to work. There were only a few last minute things to finish up, so RC was pretty sure they'd get through them all quickly.
Dakota grabbed the mop for the floors and was set to make any bed/cots that needed making. The two began going through and cleaning the place out, and making a few of the cot/beds.
Erik nodded and began helping drake set up the equipment. "So is it your first time here? It is for me. I hope i can get along with the kids. I am used to training soldiers not adolescent kids."

@daemon_reaver
Drake shook his head going "believe it or not, I'm one of the more exprienced ones. And trust me, in this setting drill sarge isn't too bad. Just remember, they are kids " he said as he checked over the sports and training equipment, providing a bit of improv soder as needed.
Tyler didn't look at her as he scooped them up and pulled them back over his head. He did, however, mutter a "Thanks," albeit unwillingly. He escaped back into his thoughts, ignoring everything else around him.

He just hoped she wouldn't try to talk to him. He wasn't in the mood.
Morgan merely grunted, accepting the thanks but not saying much else. She was not one to open her shell at all really. So him leaving her alone was fine by her.

Dakota grabbed the mop for the floors and was set to make any bed/cots that needed making. The two began going through and cleaning the place out, and making a few of the cot/beds.
Rikki grabbed a broom and swept out any remaining dust or bugs that might be hiding in the corners. When she was sweeping by Dakota, she asked, "So how'd you end up working here at CRS, Miss 'Dawn Star'?"

Rikki grabbed a broom and swept out any remaining dust or bugs that might be hiding in the corners. When she was sweeping by Dakota, she asked, "So how'd you end up working here at CRS, Miss 'Dawn Star'?"
"Heh, figured it would help my own ability to be a hero by teaching others." she said. She still felt a little insecure about her ability, compared to others in the Stella family. She was one of the youngest among them really.

"Heh, figured it would help my own ability to be a hero by teaching others." she said. She still felt a little insecure about her ability, compared to others in the Stella family. She was one of the youngest among them really.
Rikki sweeped into a dust pan, looking up at the girl's bright eyes as she spoke. She straightened up and grinned at her, "Oh trust me, to those kids, you'll be a hero with or without the cape. I'm glad you decided to stay, Dakota. This is going to be loads of fun."
Dumping the dust and stuff into the trashcan, she checked her phone's time. "Think the bus will get here soon? It's almost time." She murmured, nervous butterflies starting up in her stomach again.

Status
Not open for further replies.