Camp Half-Blood: The American Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key
= Sam
= Abby

"Alex." Abby said. She didn't seem really irritated that he got her fake name wrong.

Sam took a step towards Henry, patting him on the back.

"So, Hemmy, welcome to our hide out." As she started to walk away, she ruffled Henry's hair, trying to do the best she could at being annoying.

As Sam walked to the kitchen, she pulled aside Abby, whispering in a quiet voice. "So, what do you think of Henry?"

It took a few seconds for Abby to reply. When she did, she whispered back "He's kind of cute."

That's when Sam hit her on the arm, looking very irritated.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Wavedream623
Key:
= Henry

Henry had to bite back a meow of protest when Sam ruffled his hair. It was annoying that he'd be looked down upon like that, especially after his first victory of pulling off a brilliantly-created story of his inner awesomeness moments before. And why would Sam call him that ridiculous nick-name anyways (He forgot that he had said Hemmy when Sam asked for his name)?

"Its Henry you know! Not Hemmy!" Henry shouted at the closed door. All that greeted him was silence.

Irritated at the lack of a response, the boy muttered a few ridiculous curses of his own brilliant invention under his breath, curses that only Henry knew. For some reason he prided himself in them. His favorite one to mutter was "Rat breath", which made the boy giggle to himself at the thought.

"Heheh." he laughed to himself. "Rat breath." It was absolutely perfect.

Last edited:
Key
= Sam

"He's not that cute!" Sam whispered, clearly irritated by her friends comment. She stormed back the way they came, bashing the door open, almost knocking Henry to the ground, and flying up the stairs without saying anything.

She arrived at her bedroom, slamming the door behind her. She didn't have much. Just some extra clothes, a mattress with a pillow and sheet, and a picture of her father.

Sam had never met her father, but her mom said he was the bravest man she met. Unfortunately, he had to leave for his job, and never returned. She wished she could have met her father, but all she had was the picture.

• Love
Key:
= Henry

Henry rubbed the sore spot of his head that had gotten knocked up when Sam came storming by like a terrifying hurricane of anger. He winced as his hand brushed a certain spot that slightly trickled with blood. 'Maybe it was better if I fought with Happy on the streets.' The boy thought as the wound stung under his rubbing.

Suddenly, a terrible thought entered his mind. 'Crap, I missed the Militia meeting!' Henry thought anxiously, jumping out of his seat and grabbing his worn shoes from the straw mat at the door. 'Oh no, I'm gonna get in huge trouble trouble if I don't get there as fast as I can!'

Last edited:
Key
= Sam

Sam's eyesight started to glisten, but she whipped away the tears. She couldn't act weak, not now, not ever. She was acting as a guy, and guys don't cry.

Sam sat up, pacing her quite small room for about five minutes before deciding to go back downstairs.

When he arrived at the bottom, Henry was gone.

"Where did he go of to?" Sam burst out the door to see Henry running for dear life to who knows where.

"Little runt." Sam whispered as she ran after the fleeting boy.

Key:
= Henry
= Unknown powerful voice

Note: This one contains lots of history. Let me know if I get something wrong.

Henry ran as fast as he could, breathing heavily with his gun strapped to his back uncomfortably. It felt awkward having the extra weight on his back. But he did is best to ignore it, for it was important he'd be there. There had been some rumors going around that the Revolution had finally started.

Apparently shots had been fired at Lexington/Concord, launching the Colonies into the start of a major rebellion against his Majesty. It was going to be a hard one to win, for not all the colonists sided with the Revolutionists. Those colonists were called loyalists: people who sided with the crown. Plus, there is the might of the British navy to think about too. Henry could bet that they had probably set up a large brigade, which prevents and halts all trade to and from the colonies.

The boy figured that the Militia would join the Revolutionists. After all, the British hadn't exactly made everyone happy at the moment with all these acts they keep enforcing upon the Colonies. Most acts added so much tax to most items that everything was expensive these days. The tea act had enraged so many colonists that many switched to coffee. But what set Henry off the most was how the British seemed to think of them as "inferior".

All his life Henry had to deal with people and "things" from the darkest parts of his mind that are out to get him. They all kept saying that he would never amount to anything in this world. Sure, it was harder for him to read because the letters kept swimming across his vision and the boy never could focus on one thing for a long period of time. But that didn't make him unable to do anything in life.

He was going to prove those British wrong. They were going to regret that they'd ever mess with Henry Jones.

'I wonder how long that thought will last.' An amused female voice echoed in his ear before slipping from his mind for a very long long time.

Henry didn't notice a blonde woman in the streets watching him.

Last edited:
Key
= Sam

Sam was catching up with Henry, but not by as much as she had hoped. He was thin, but fast. She had to apply more power to her sprint so she could keep pace with him.

"Hey!" she screamed, trying to get his attention. "Where do you think you're going?"

She applied even more power to her sprint, almost in arms reach of him. She lunged at him, bringing both of them to the ground with a thud.

Key:
= Henry

Henry waved his arms frantically as Sam leaped onto him, eyes wide with shock as he said hello to the ground for the millionth time that day. 'Not again.' He grumbled in his mind, not too happy with the mouthful of dirt he so graciously received. Not to mention another bashing on his head in the same place as last time.

Sam still sat on top of him, which Henry didn't like due to the suffocation the guy's weight brought upon him. Henry wanted to yell at him, but found no air in his lungs to do so. 'You're lucky I'm out of breath or else you'd get Hen-ri-fied like the bowl of awesome sauce I am!' Henry thought with promise.

Last edited:
Key
= Sam

"What in the name of the Colonies do you think you're doing?" Rage burst through her body, Flooding over any emotion she had previously before. She was angry for this runt for just leaving without saying anything. She got a horrible feeling he was a spy from the British, but why use boy, and this one out all of the capable boys.

She sat up, but kept Henry pinned under her. She didn't want him to squirm his way out from under her grasp. "Tell me." she said with a firm voice.

• Love
Key:
= Henry

When Sam started talking, Henry felt all the frustration leave and turn into plain terror. 'Dang this guy is intimidating!' Henry thought with fear, happy to be facing the ground rather than peeing himself with those eyes boring right into him. He thought Sam with intimidating, but now...now he was scared. Truly, 100%, this-is-bad-cause-I'm-gonna-die-oh-lord-god-almighty-help-me scared.

But even though Henry had a revaluation of him that made it law to not face Sam when he's like this, the lack of air entering his lungs called for him to be a man. So he spoke. "Can't...Breathe..." Henry chocked out.

Last edited:
Key
= Sam

With a scowl on her face, she got off of him completely, but she turned him over and pinned his shoulders with her firm grip and his legs with hers. She looked straight into his eyes, trying to get him to tell her what he was doing.

"Better runt?" She glared at him, wanting an answer out of him. "Now give me an answer." She growled, not pleased with the quiet responses he was giving her. He better have a really good explanation on why he left, otherwise his future wouldn't be so bright.

Key:
= Henry

NOTE: Helicopters doesn't exist in this Rp, I am aware this is the 1700's. Henry will make up his own meaning to that word.

When Sam looked him in the eyes and growled, Henry blanched. "Uh..." He hadn't been paying attention the the words coming out of the guy's mouth, for he had been too busy coming up with good curse words to add to his mind vault. "Helicopter." He blurted out, making up a word on the spot.

Last edited:
Key
= Sam

"Wrong answer." Sam growled. She spun him back around so his back was towards he t. She took his arm and pinned it behind his back, forcing him to give her an answer she deserved.

"Now tell me again, where do you think you're going." Her voice went to a low growl, warning him that this foolishness wouldn't be tolerated much longer.

Key:
= Henry

Henry winced as he was harshly rolled back onto his bony chest once more. 'We meet again ground.' he thought with a grumble. If this kept up, soon enough the boy was going to become best pals with the street. Henry inwardly sighed, for he didn't like the thought at all.

When Sam demanded where he was going with a warning clear in his voice, Henry's mind suddenly switched to friendships with dirt to the militia meeting he was now very late for. And the fact he was probably going to get murdered by the imitating guy and become friends with dirt and-FOCUS!

"I'm going to the very important Militia meeting!" Henry replied hastily, not wanting to die. "Its been going for an hour now-"

Last edited:
Key
= Sam

Sam was tempted to let him go, but rage still burst through her body. She tightened his arm behind his back. She wasn't done with him yet.

"Why just leave? Why not say, "Hey, got to go to an all important meeting that we need to go to! See you later!"

Another emotion started to grow inside of her, an emotion foreign to her knowledge. She didn't want the emotion, for fear she would look weak. She pushed back the emotion and kept a straight face.

"Why not leave a note? Ever think of that, runt?"
Sam locked her jaw, not very happy with Henry's actions.

Key:
= Henry

Henry bit back a cry of pain when she twisted it even more. He rambled. "I didn't think of that because I was already so late and I don't want Happy to make me a punching bag because he told me I had to go! I don't want to become friends with the ground because dirt is not fun to have in your mouth and it would be sad to be friends with dirt and...and..." He stopped.

The boy shook as memories of bullies filled his mind to the brim. His eyes started to burn from the emotion building up, each encounter that he had forgotten on purpose coming to life before his very eyes once again. As he looked at Sam, his image blurred to the very worst of the bullies: Patch.

Patch was the worst bully Henry had ever met in his life. At the store he worked in (in which the owner seemed to have talons for fingers for some reason, and Henry chalked it up to a weird sense of fashion), the guy never left him alone, taunting him over and over while making him his personal punching bag. Every day he came home Henry had cried to his mother. It was the darkest time for him, one of the darkest moments in his life.

Too many tears he had shed for his pain. Too many thoughts filled his head. Too many wounds that never got healed.

It was too much for Henry to handle.

Last edited:
Key
= Sam

With a grunt, Sam let Henry go, standing up and letting Henry get up.

"Go. Go to the meeting, but I better see you afterwards. I'm not done with you." Sam turn and walk away. As she turned, a strand of her long blonde hair fell from the grasp of her hat. She immediately brushed the strand of hair back to her hat, hopping with all her heart that Henry didn't see.

Sam rushed off without another word.

Key:
= Henry

Bracing for more pain, Henry anxiously awaited another bout of anger that would leave him more wounds. His mind was in full panic mode, reliving the same memories. Sam looked too much like Patch: the intimidating presence, eyes that bore right into his skull. But then a saw a flicker of something that Patch never had, something he couldn't put a name on.

He watched Sam release him with shock.

"W-What are you doing?" He sputtered, not knowing how else to act. Bullies never stopped until someone pried him off or left him half-alive (which only happened twice thankfully). So why was he stopping?

Henry continued to watch Sam as he left, not making another sound as he started to walk away as smoothly as an Alpha. All his attention was on the guy who saved him and hurt him, the guy who helped him and left him to the dust at the same time. One phrase rang through his mind: 'Who is he?'

When a long strand of blonde hair fell out of Sam's hat, Henry couldn't help but be drawn more than ever.

Key
= Sam

Sam burst off in a random direction, the strange emotion flooding over her rage. Tears started to stream down her face. Thoughts flooded her mind, making it harder and harder to steer her mind to anything else.

She burst through the front door of a random building. It was an abandoned wear house that seemed to make clothes for the town.

She found a spot to sit and started to cry.

Key:
= Henry

When Sam was far enough away that Henry could only see the tip of his hat, he broke out of his trance. 'What in the world was that?' he wondered, not knowing what he had just felt. His thoughts hadn't stayed in the same place for that long in ages. So why did his mind not wander like usual.

He thought back to when Sam saved him, unusually good at combat for a civilian. 'If he's so good, wouldn't he be in the Militia?' Henry questioned in his mind. 'If Sam is in the Militia, he would be at the meeting right now...right?'

Snapping out of it, Henry remembered the meeting with a jolt. "Crap-nuggets, I can't stay here any longer!" He said out loud, eyes wide. "I got to make it to that meeting!" He didn't hesitate to start running again, his half-limp even worse in the hurry he was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.