Camp Daybreak: Rise of the Demi-Gods

E

Enigma

Original poster

camp daybreak

storyline

a 'safe' haven. a place for special individuals to thrive, to grow, to learn. protected by the very gods and goddesses who left their children alone in a world that despises their existence and yearns for their deaths.

the greek and roman gods live on two entirely different spectrums. the only thing they have in common are the children they create with mortals, in the ample amount of free time they seem to have.

they create a camp as a way to show their love and put one of the oldest demi-gods alive in charge of it. it's named camp daybreak. it stands for a new beginning, a new start.

demi-gods begin to show up without warning, drawn to the place by some unknown force. some make it just in time. others are too slow in their journeys. some never get to start.

there hasn't been a quest at the camp since the 1980's and all of the young adults at the camp are waiting patiently, but they're beginning to become unsettled.

in the midst of their everyday activities, one of the counselors drops to the ground. he's dead. a second, a third, a fourth. the fifth is the only one who remains alive, but is in a comatose state that they're unable to be broken out of.

shortly after the fifth is discovered, one of the eldest and most experienced campers falls into a screaming fit. with blank, ghastly grey eyes, and a voice that could easily send shivers down the spine of the bravest person, he spews a prophecy; one for a quest.

five demi-gods are chosen based on their apt, while the rest are left behind to tend to the camp, making sure to keep it safe.

unfortunately, the barriers that the gods are supposed to keep up begin to weaken, making the task of protecting camp daybreak all the more difficult.

I'd just like to say that this is my first roleplay on this site and I'd love to make a splash here. There will be much character driven plot as well as world building--I intend for this to play out like a darker, grittier PJ story. I'd love to hear suggestions and I will make an OOC/Sign-UP thread with interest. Thanks for taking a look at the plot!​

I'm interested and depending on what you're planning I've a suggestion or 2

One thing on Roman gods are we talking all Roman gods

I'm interested and depending on what you're planning I've a suggestion or 2

One thing on Roman gods are we talking all Roman gods
All the Roman and Greek Gods, yes.

The difference between the two is their demeanor and power. The Greeks are older and more attached to the ways of old, while the Romans are more sleek and diplomatic but less potent in power.

Ok so what is the prophecy that has been spoken if you've got the wording down for it

Ok so what is the prophecy that has been spoken if you've got the wording down for it
That's kinda info I was saving for in character(and I don't have it written out yet). But, I can tell you that a certain Titan is plotting to undo creation and rewrite reality into how they see fit.

Since we're talking demi gods does everyone have a particular deity in mind for their character I just figured we should get a list going so that we diversify our characters

For me I chose

Serapis

Hades, here...

Anyone can apply for any god, but the children of the Big 3(Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades) will be dubiously picked by me.

I'm thinking possibly Nyx? Or are we sticking to the non-primordial deities?

Non-Primordial...since the questing plot includes them.

Oh XD. I shall go Google now since I don't know every single deity of all Roman or Greek mythology ._.
Perhaps Nemesis...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Enigma
If I may make a suggestion since you've said greek gods being older thus more powerful could you leave their roman aspects open that way if someone wants a primordial as their parent the Roman god aspect could fill that role

If I may make a suggestion since you've said greek gods being older thus more powerful could you leave their roman aspects open that way if someone wants a primordial as their parent the Roman god aspect could fill that role
This is fine by me.

Can Typhon be selected?

Sounds interesting, I hope there's still room to hop on board here.

Yes, and I hope that this gets more attention. I'd love to bring it to life soon.

I'm interested. Let me know when more info is put up.