Camp Crystal Lake (accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xavier just went with the flow following the boys inside the mess hall, grabbing a plate with some food an pf then standing awkwardly with Arthur in the middle of the mess hall. "Maybe we should sit with Evan, Elliot looks like he want to be alone, hopefully he will eventually join ICUs, but I think we should give him some space.

Before the other boy could answer in of the camp employees stood up and said, "good morning campers I hope you are all enjoying your first full day at Camp Crystal Lake so far. Here we allow you to do as you please without having a schedule to follow like other camps, we highly encourage you to take advantage of the lake, nature trails and various activities around camp as long as you are back in your cabins by 9 P.M. Lights out at 11 P.M. lunch will be served from noon-1 and dinner from 5-6 if you have any questions please find one of our staff and they will help you."
Once finished the man left the room.

(Oh my gosh that was such a bad post I know, but I am so tired! I will do my best to have better posts from now on)

Arthur waited for the staff member to finish before leaning over to Xavier. "I don't exactly feel right with leaving either of them alone, y'know?" He explained. "I mean, Elliot does seem pretty anti-social or whatever but sitting there awkwardly by yourself has to be a pain no matter who you are." He thought for a moment, thinking on some sort of compromise. "Okay, what if we split up, y'know? Why not one of us go sit with Evan and the other go sit with Elliot. Kind of awkward but not as awkward when you think about it." He let out the loose plan in a jumbled mess of words, not sure where he was going with it at all. He scratched the back of his neck, unsure if Xavier would go for it.

Xavier wasn't sure he wanted to sit up as he liked Arthur, but knew it was probably the best idea if the two boys were going to unite the four boys into one group. "Alright I don't care who I go with so you choose," he said slightly lying. Elliot seemed well....nerdy, while Evan seemed like fun. He didn't say he had a preference out of politeness and because he knew Arthur would want to pick Evan, and Arthur was becoming the closest thing he had ever had to a best friend so he wanted the boy to have the first choice in the matter.

Arthur made an odd noise as he glanced back and forth between the two. He didn't know much about either of them, but Evan seemed more easy to learn about. He glanced at Xavier. It was obvious which of the two of them was more outgoing. Considering Xavier's natural apparent shy attitude, Arthur knew that he was already aware of who would be more likely to get Elliot to even talk. "I'll go sit with Elliot." He gave an unsure smile. "Evan seems a lot more outgoing, he should suit you better." The boy confirmed his thoughts, looking at the boy with his face buried in his book.

Xavier nodded and went over to sit across from Evan. "Hey man it cool if I sit here?" He asked, although the boy didn't have much of a choice as he had already sat down. He was feeling a little pushy, but so,entires people needed to be pushy. He wanted all four of the guys to come together in one group Arthur was already on board, he assumed Evan would be but Elliot would be difficult to get to join them. He hoped maybe tonight the guys could stay up and talk and get to know eachother better.

Just like always, Sapphire was sitting on the base of a tree trunk, light filtered through the leaves casting ever changing shadows upon her with interchanging white spots spread throughout the shade. She was reading a thick book labeled Fantasies and Mysteries. She had been there for hours, paying no mind to the talking of other people, a butterfly of shimmering blue landing on her head. She became very still as she slowly raised a hand up and allowed the butterfly to move of it's own free will onto her finger, rising steadily to her feet to go into a cabin where a nature and wilderness guide could be found as she began to wonder what kind pf butterfly it was.

" It's so bight. Just like the ocean. How pretty... I think it might be a Blue Morpho but I'm not entirely sure. I should check..."

Elliot looked over the edge of his biology textbook for just a minute to see two of the other boys in the center of the room. They both had looks of concern written all over their faces. Elliot let out a deep sigh. He was familiar with this feeling--the idea that other people had to include him in social interaction for the sake of making themselves feel comfortable. He scowled. It was as if him being himself wasn't good enough for them. He had to mould himself into their idea of colloquial interaction in order for them to find comfort. He was too foreign to them, too new a concept. It must be that they felt they needed to assimilate him to maintain normalcy.

Elliot shut his textbook to think for a minute. He was getting too in over his head. He was just upset because he felt as if there was already a rift forming between what was them and what was him. But, allowing himself to get too anxious would just make things worse. He wanted to be indifferent--not the enemy.

Nevertheless, he opened his textbook back up and started reading again. The particular chapter was one on the genetic breeding of flowers and peas. Elliot began to wonder if the camp had some sort of garden or even wildflowers he could experiment on. How good would it look on his application if he created his own field journal? His face brightened and a smile cracked on his face. Maybe coming here was a good thing after all. He could put what he was learning to good use and create observations on the plants that he found around the camp.

Elliot looked up again briefly to see that he was being approached. The smile relaxed on his face, but his expression looked phenomenally lighter than it had when he first woke up. "Hello," he greeted simply.

Arthur watched Xavier walk over to Evan, waiting a moment before turning and moving towards his own target of sorts. He felt his hand travel up his arm, not an uncommon gesture to himself when the boy felt nervous. Once Elliot looked up, Arthur paused, curious as to what the boy would do. Honestly, Arthur expected something between ignoring him or simply telling him to go away, but it seemed that Arthur was a bit to quick to judge, as the look on Elliot's face was, in fact, not one of doom and despair.

The hello caught Arthur off guard, a lightly shocked face appearing and disappearing just as quickly as it came. "Uh, hey." He kept his voice as level as possible. Nothing to be nervous about, stupid. He reprimanded himself quickly, placing a more assured look on his face and sitting down across from Elliot. "So, how's you're... studying-" Arthur paused for a moment "Going..." He trailed off, completely and totally unsure as to what to even talk about with the boy across from him.

After a few seconds, she opened a wooden door into a room filled by displays of animal fossils and specimens. She made her way to the back were a large book lay, blowing some dust off of the cover, the butterfly surprisingly still resting on her finger as she turned pages quickly with her free hand. Soon finding a page solely dedicated to butterfly classifications, she searched for an image of that which she had encountered only moments ago, it being labeled a Blue Morphos, just as she thought.

" Just like I thought. Time to let you go home Morphos. Surely you have better ways to spend your time than with a loner like me."

She then left the building confident in herself as she sat down in the grass some three or four feet form where some others were and she gently blew the butterfly onto a breeze. She then rose to her feet only to find that she had misplaced her book, beginning to look frantically for it, a fearful look in her eyes as she searched around in the area which she had been in for the past few hours.

" Oh no where is it? I need that book! That was a gift from my mother I can't loose it!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"You know, I think I just had an epiphany," Elliot said rather happily as he set the Biology book down and open for them both to see. "You see this here?" he points to a diagram, "Gregor Mendal's study on plant hybridization. In short, he breed different types of flowers to document which traits were dominant and which ones are recessive. Maybe, if I can get my hands on some different wildflowers around the camp here and replicate the study, I could construct my own scientific journal." Elliot seemed rather pleased with himself. "Not only will it look good on an application, but I could also hands on learn about botany and environmental studies."

Elliot's face changed from excited to a bitter realization. "Sorry, this probably isn't your cup of tea," he looked between him and the other two boys sitting away from them. "What did you say your name was again?"

Arthur felt his face drooping into once of complete boredom as he listened to the boy drag on about his book. He didn't want to be disinterested in Elliot's speech, he was just happy the boy was talking to him. But Arthur and academics had never mixed well in the first place, he didn't exactly want to spend his summer listening to more lectures.

He jumped as Elliot began apologizing for the drawn out speech. "Oh- oh no, it's.." Arthur trailed again, it was obvious that he wasn't particularly interested in the art of science, so there wasn't any need to hide that. "It's fine, really. I'm surprised you're so passionate about it, to be honest." Elliot seemed much more outgoing than he had this morning. "And hey, if I can't understand a word of what you just said, it's gotta be smart, right?" Arthur chuckled, a slight twinge of nervousness floating in his voice.

Elliot forced a smile on his face, but it faded quickly. This was all he had to talk about. He never concerned himself with being 'normal'. He had so much potential for the future that to try to fit in with anyone seemed like it would just bring him down. But, the boy in front of wanted to be friends so badly. He could see that even he was going outside of his comfort zone to try and talk to him. Honestly, however, Elliot had no idea what else to say to him.

"Thanks," was all he could think to say. "You uh... You have a favorite subject at school?" That was his only other idea besides, 'so where do you think you're going in life?' But, he knew that asking that would just frighten him even more.

Evan rubbed his head in question of himself, why ask that question? " The whole mess all is open, sit were ever dude," he said looking up from his almost finished food and shooting a slight smite before going back to eating.

After finishing his last piece of bacon, Evan got up and took his paper plate over to the trash can and threw it in. Now finished with his food and fully satisfied, Evan opened the doors to the outside and walked out, letting the doors stay open with a nice breeze now coming into the mess hall.

Once outside, Evan walked to a large tree and sat down leaning his back onto it and letting his legs lay normal. Taking a deep breath through his nose, Evan could smell the nature around him. "Oak tree," Evan said to himself as he closed his eyes and relaxed.

Seeing someone go over to where she had been earlier, she walked over to him, worried and very clearly hoping to find her book soon.

" Um, excuse me, but do you see a book over there by chance? I misplaced it and I really need to find it."

He thought for a moment on the question. "Well, guess I liked my art class last year." He shrugged. "I can't really draw for crap, but the teacher was cool about almost anything." He admitted. He loosened his face, hoping the conversation was at least getting off of the ground. "I'm, guessing you like science the most?" He looked at the text book quickly, before retaining eye contact with the boy across from him.

"I..." This was a question that really made him think. Studying the sciences was fascinating to him, but it was only because he felt like he needed to learn it to prove himself for his true ambitions. He bit his lip, thinking over his answer carefully. Something about this didn't seem very simple.

"Alright, so, picture this," Elliot leans his head down like his is telling a secret, his eyes peering up spiritedly from behind his bangs, "You have the ability to save a life; the answer to someone's suffering; the panacea to pain--but, in order to achieve this, you are first told that you need to learn the biological makeup of a life as basic as a flower." He leaned back and stared down at his textbook blankly. "For the story to begin," he says as his fingers toy with the edges of the pages, "you need to start from the beginning. Ironically, that's exactly where I am right now. The Principles of Organic Life Volume I." His eyebrows crease in his forehead, "To say that I enjoy it... that's not exactly true. I do, however, enjoy what will come of it. And, I am aware of the amount of intense devotion and concern it will take to get me there. But, one day, I want to be a heart surgeon. For now, however, I put up with the tests and the homework and the assignments, but only because I know that no one will ever trust me with their heart unless they know I will take the utmost care of it. And, so, I do everything in my power to ensure that in the future, I will never ruin someone's life with my mistakes. I will make sure they are in safe hands."

Once he was done talking, he looked up at Arthur and cocked an eyebrow. He suddenly remembered who he was talking to. A boy who he just met. Elliot wasn't about to be embarrassed, but he shrunk in energy upon this realization. He didn't know how he would receive a response like that. Elliot closed his eyes and ran his hand through his hair. "Nevermind, forget it," he said defensively.

Kenji arrives at the camp entrance were he is greeted by one of the staff . The staff member shows him to his cabin before leading him to the mess hall. Kenji stands at the entrance of the mess hall while he pulls out his phone .
He sighs before turning around and walking over to a patch of grass that was near the mess hall . As he turns he falls back to with his arms behind his head.

Enjoying the slight breeze Kenji closes his eyes as he thinks to his self . " i guess camp is not that bad" he mutters .

Xavier finished his food quietly saddened that Evan had left him. As he finished his food he took it over to the trash can and put the plate, fork and a few crumbs inside. He wondered what he should do next, he didn't want to interrupt the other two boys as Arthur was starting to get so,we here with the other boy.

Looking away he saw another boy enter the mess hall. He hadn't seen this boy before, and as far as he knew there were only two cabins one for each gender, he then remembered the Sapir beds in the cabin and assumed the boy would be staying on one of those. Walking up to the boy he extended his hand and said, "hi I'm Xavier."

Arthur followed the explanation as well as he could, getting the gist of what Elliot was saying. As he talked, he looked over, noticing Xavier had gone to talk to someone else, and that Evan was nowhere to be seen. Had something happened? Arthur pushed his attention back towards Elliot just in time to hear him say the words 'heart surgeon,' which made Arthur blink a few times, trying to imagine having such hefty goals in life. With open ears, the boy listened to the rest of Elliot's speech, his eyes wide at the amount of passion and determination he seemed to have.

Once Arthur made eye contact with him, Elliot seemed to revert back into his more monotone-like state. The edges of Arthur's mouth pulled into a frown. He looked down for a moment before putting his eyes back onto the boy. "That seems pretty intense," He replied. "I can't even imagine how much pressure someone like you might feel." He gave a dry chuckle, "I'm- sort of lazy when it comes to anything school-related, so goals like a life-saver never really come to mind for me. I'm almost jealous." He laughed a bit louder, rubbing his hand against his arm again.

Kenji opens one eye to look up at the boy offering his hand . " kenji" He replies as he returns the handshake . He sits up while yawning " so you were forced to attend camp too?" he says as he stands to his feet to stretch out , Kenji takes a look around at the others before looking back at Xavior " or are you one of those kids who enjoys the whole campfire holding hands singing thing" Kenji says giving Xavior a blank look.

" im just pulling your chain" he says before letting out a small chuckle. " now if you would excuse me , there is a comfortable looking spot under that tree over there that needs to be relaxed on" After giving Xavior , kenji makes his way over to the oak tree and takes a seat in a shaded area. " hm" Kenji pulls out a book that he accidentally sat on . " hm." Kenji shrugs his shoulder before placing the book under his head as he lays back using it as a pillow.

Status
Not open for further replies.