Camp Crystal Lake (accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arthur let out a slight, snorting-sounding noise. "No worries, man." He assured the boy. "Lighten up a bit, would 'ya? With how nervous you are you might sweat enough to need another shower," He sighed a bit, scrubbing at the back of his neck. "Honestly, the parents thing seems to be a common story for how most campers get where they are." Arthur glanced at Xavier, "Same story here- well- sort of. Except it was more of a 'you can't spend all day down there playing those dumb video games' from my dad and 'Oh lighten up, it'll be fun!' from my mom." He changed his voice in a attempt to match the nagging tone of his parents, unable to hold back the small laugh that followed his explanation.

"Sorry, like I said.....I've very many male friends," Xavier said as he washed his hair. He was slowly warming up to this boy, it felt good to have a male friend to talk to instead of just having to talk to only girls all the time.

There were some things you could only talk about with another guy that was just how it was. Xavier was realizing that maybe he would finally have a guy friend who he could talk about those things, if the need ever presented itself.

He couldn't help but laugh a little when the boy changed his voice from normal to sounding like a high-pitched woman. It was going to be fun this summer hanging out with the boy and Xavier started to get excited at the thought of camp. "You're pretty funny bro."

(Sorry feel asleep)

Evan walked over to his bed and rubbed his eyes softly, trying to wake up. Its been a while sense he has gotten normal sleep. Looking at the clock on the wall, seeing that it is a bit before breakfast, he said out loud, " You two girls in the showers better hurry up. I want to get some warm grub." then in a softer tone, he spoke to the other person next to the drawer. " You also better hurry up if you want to get some nice food also. " Once he said that, evan stood up and opened the door to the outside, letting cool air rush in and then stepping out and closing the door behind him.

He leaned up onto the railing that stood on one side of the porch, waiting for the others to get ready.

Reactions: andrew21234
Elliot watched the other boy as he left the room. He was left with a shiver from the chilly air outside. The warmth of his bed was so inviting, he wondered what if he just turned around and went back to sleep. Who needs food anyway? Just in that instant his stomach growled with a biting sense of satire that reminded that he was indeed the kind of person who needs food.

Dressed and groomed, Elliot tucked his Biology textbook under his arm and exited the cabin to make his way to breakfast. As he stepped outside he saw the other blonde chilling out on the side of the porch. Elliot stared at him for a moment, wondering why he was waiting. He couldn't understand why he didn't just go to breakfast by himself. Were they supposed to go in a group? Would they not get food if they went on their own? These were the kinds of questions that plagued Elliot on a daily basis. They were also the exact reason he wasn't really a people person. Too many unanswered questions. People didn't just come with informative pamphlets you could read up on and then perfectly understand the person's character. Elliot imagined that if they did, his life would be a lot easier.

Meanwhile, Elliot cycled through all these thoughts while unintentionally keeping a dead stare on the blonde. Realizing that he had most probably been holding a gaze longer than what was socially acceptable, he mechanically turned his gaze forward. An awkward spark of tingling electricity passed up his spine. He forced himself to start the walk to the dining hall alone and without explanation.

Reactions: Crysodic
Arthur shrugged at the compliment. "Eh, I try." The water had woken him up almost completely, his senses working more efficiently than they were a few moments ago. He rubbed the final bit of sleep out of his eye, looking up as a muffled voice floated throughout the bathroom. "Huh, looks like our cabin mates are fit with their own sense of humor as well." Arthur finished washing off shortly after he made the statement, feeling his stomach as the low mistakable sound of 'i need food' forced it's way out. "I agree with whoever said that out there, I'm starved." He stated as he stepped out of the communal shower and towards the towels he'd spotted earlier. "You about done Xavier? I can imagine you'd like some food as well." He threw a towel over his head, drying off his hair as well as he could. Wrapping the towel around his waist, he mentally noted that he should remember to bring clothes with him the next time he took a shower. Without replying to Xavier again, Arthur headed for the bathroom door, night clothes in hand, hoping silently that the other two would have left by now.

The front room of the cabin was, thankfully, empty. Lady luck must have been at least some what on his side. While he wasn't exactly greatly worried about dressing in front of the other two, he didn't mind avoiding the awkward air that would undoubtedly come with it. He tossed the loose clothing from the night before on his bed, rooting through his still-packed bags for fairly simple clothing. Arthur dressed himself before grabbing the thin jacket on the bed, sliding that on and lazily wrapping his scarf around his neck. With a small shrug, he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jeans, deciding to wait a bit for Xavier out front.

Xavier hurriedly scrubbed the rest of his body, including his pemis which he thought might be awkward to wash I front of Arthur. Although the boy seemed pretty mello. Turning off the shower head he entered the rest of the bathroom area, dried his hair and then wrapped the towel around his waist. As he walked back into the bedroom he did his hair sloppily and went over to his bag pulled out a pair of clothes and let the towel flutter to the ground. First he put on a pair of socks, then slipped his boxers on, then pants and finally a shirt. Slipping I to his shoes he said, "thanks for waiting for me man, looks like the other two couldn't wait." He was unaware that one had stayed behind to walk with the other two, while the finally boy had left on his own.

Arthur leaned back on the deck railing as he waited for Xavier, He glanced to the boy sitting next to him for a moment, a small waving gesture following the look. As he waited, he kept his eyes on the sky, not really thinking of anything in particulate.

When Xavier opened the door, Arthur looked back down, blinking at his statement. "No problem. But uh.." He looked back to the other boy leaning on the railing, "Are you blind or something?" He chuckled lightheartedly. He must have been out of sight for Xavier, or maybe he wasn't very aware of his surroundings. Arthur mentally shrugged, leaning up off of the railing and waiting for one of the two to speak.

(Would be super if @Crysodic magically appeared right now :)))

Elliot was halfway to breakfast before he realised he forgot the most important thing: the list of chapters he was supposed to read. He stopped blatantly mid-step and cursed himself under his breath. He pivoted on his heel and reluctantly turned back to the cabin. He saw from the distance, all three of his cabin mates were out in front. He took a deep breath and shrugged it off. For the sake of study, he would make this venture.

(@Blip I'm trying.)

Arthur caught sight of the boy returning to the cabin. The look on his face, from what Arthur could see in the distance, didn't look amazingly positive. As he approached the steps, Arthur felt his eyebrow raise. "Did the food suck?" He asked, a tint of real worry in his voice. Last thing he needed was a summer filled with unappetizing meals.

(Trying is fantastic. Truly c: )

Reactions: Lady Chess
His shoulders tensed at the sound of being addressed. "No, it wasn't that, I just forgot..." Elliot stalled for a moment. He thought about lying. Not entirely committed to admitting out loud that he had actually passed up food for the sake of Biology, he tried to come up with a better response. But, after a few fleeting moments, he realized he spent too much time thinking about it. The amount of time he spent on constructing his sentence would have already revealed his scheming. That's something he would have to work on. "My study materials," he finally finished. "It would be worthless to just read my textbook from the beginning."

The answer made the boy smile slightly, his hope for eating decent food restored. He ignored the low growling his stomach was making at the thought of it and listened for the rest of the other boy's answer. When he paused, Arthur felt his head tilt, waiting for a few moments. Once he had finished his sentence, Arthur gave a small 'ah' sound. "Studying in the summer, huh?" He shrugged slightly, "Sounds pretty boring." The boy stated simply.

Elliot scoffed and looked off to the side. "I guess. But, as soon as Fall starts I am going to be taking college prep exams. I need to be prepared. I have to make a high score. Studying is the ideal way to do that," he said with a little bit more of a sarcastic tone than he meant. But, it was too late to fix it now, what had done had been done. There goes his pristine first-impression. Oh well, maybe this means they'll think he is not worth talk to and it'll give him more time to study.

Arthur thought about his words for a moment. He himself had never been absolutely amazing when it came to academics, so it wasn't totally his place to talk, considering he barely ever did his homework, let alone extra studying. He briefly toyed with the thought of hitting the books at some point before responding. He gave a nod, "Fair enough."

With not much else to go with on that conversation, he figured the best course of action would obviously be to introduce himself. He guessed. "Either way, My name's Arthur. What about you?"

Evan looked up, snapping out of his day dream of food and what he should do for the summer. "You know, summer tends to be the time of fun and not studying. Leave the book here. Lets go get some food! " He said to the group, while kicking himself off of the railing, with a small squeek of the boards on the porch. Evan turned around and slid by the two at the top of the stairs, placing a hand on the one at the bottom, leaning in to whisper into his ear, " But really, leave the book here. " Then finally walking off towards the mess hall with a swing of his arm, beckoning them to follow.

"Elliot," he answered simply before the other began to talk.

Elliot grimaced. Of course he didn't understand. It wasn't just about studying for the sake of studying, he wanted to be the best. Determined to keep the book anyways he tucked it under his arm and walked back into the cabin to retrieve his list. He came out within the next moment and once again headed back to the food.

Xavier was about to reply to Athur's comment when the other boy came up to them. He seemed like kind of a nerd, but he wasn't one to judge as he was cosidered a weirdo himself. Plus he needed all the friends he could get this summer, especially if they were guys.

With a glance at Arthur he fooled the boy Evan saying, "nice to meet you Elliot I'm Xavier." To the boy before continuing to follow Evan to the mess hall. He hoped the good would be good most camps food really sucked, hopefully this one would be an acception.

(Sorry, anyways all of the staff at the camp will be NPCs for anyone to play$

Arthur watched with curious eyes as the boy went on. He had an excited air around him, that much was obvious. Once he began walking towards the cafeteria, Arthur took a few seconds to think over the event that had just transpired. Now that he'd met the people he would be spending a good part of the summer with, Arthur allowed himself to briefly think on each of their first impressions. Without thinking too hard, the boy decided he was content with his cabin mates, and walked down the stairs to follow the group to the mess hall.

Elliot remained quiet on the way to the dining hall. He had already made what was probably a terrible first impression and, quite honestly, he couldn't think of anything worth talking about. So, he mindlessly headed into the mess hall and picked up a plate of eggs and bacon. When he looked around the room, he was kind of surprised that the girls weren't already there. He thought about it briefly, but then put it in the back of his mind, trying to convince himself that when it was all said and done them not showing up just gave him less to have to deal with.

He sat down at the end of the table nearest to the window. Promptly, he flipped open his textbook and started to read as he began to eat.

Evan flung open the doors to the mess hall like a bunch of doves have just taken off behind him, with a slight giggle, he proceed to normally walk towards the serving area and picked up a plate that had toast, two strips of bacon and some jelly. Evan walked over to the middle table that provided the most sunlight from the towering windows. Snapping back into reality, he looked over towards the kitchen were the two cooks were cleaning their stations and finishing until lunch. Evan forced himself not to try and memorize the area, at least not at this moment.

Finished with his internal semi-struggle, Evan resumed eating his food but scoffed at the sight of Elliot reading his textbook. " Really? Kid actually bought it," He said in a semi-hushed tone, and resuming to eat.

Arthur gave an amused smile at how the boy in front of him excitedly flung the doors open. He slipped in behind him before the doors closed and followed him to the food. Patting his stomach once, he gabbed a plate matching his, poking at the food before looking out into the relatively empty cafeteria. Looking between Elliot the the other, he thought for a moment about which to join, unsure of why they didn't sit closer together to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.