Calypso's 1x1 Interests (Non-Fandom, PG-13, Up For Requests)

C

Calypso Major

Original poster
pink Synopsis:
~ Any gender/sexuality pairing is suitable.
~ My preferred medium of roleplaying is either a 1x1 thread, or PM.
~ Partner's Writing Requirements: Quality writing that both responds & contributes to the plot.
~ I'm open to almost anything, but sexual activities are unacceptable. Innuendos & references, however, are alright.
~ I like things to look nice on my end, but I don't mind if you prefer minimum / no coding.

[fieldbox= , pink]

Hello!
I'm Calypso Major, although you can call me Calypso for short...or Cal, if you want to be even shorter. Currently, I'm a junior in high school who hopes to make a career for herself in music. As such, there are times when I cannot be incredibly active during the week-- especially nearing the end of my spring semesters, where I have multiple performances that nine times out of ten land on a Thursday or Friday night. Add in dress rehearsals, along with my normal amount of schoolwork...I think you understand.

However, it's spring break currently-- and since all of my performances are scheduled to be in May, I figured I could put myself out here in the 1x1 community!

To start, here are some facts about myself concerning 1x1s:

~ Place: I'd prefer if our medium of roleplaying could be either forum-based (so, the 1x1 threads) or via PM.

~ Coding: As you can see, I like my "major" posts pretty. However, I will definitely take a more minimum approach to my IC posts. More specifically, one thing I like to do is color my character's dialogue & thoughts.

Ex. "Wow, I am in love with Calypso's' dialogue! Just look at how original it is!"

~ Length / Quality: Usually, my posts are formatted in a multitude of smaller paragraphs, with spaces in between to separate dialogue / thoughts, narration, and etcetera. I'd like to say that it's easier to read than just blocks of text. As for quality, I try my best to keep any grammar and/or spelling mistakes at the bare minimum. However, I am only human, so from time to time certain things slip by me (and that's why there's an edit button, right?).

~ Romance: I have a confession to make. Never in my life have I roleplayed a character who is in / starting a romantic relationship. This is kind of ironic, considering that I'm actually a huge fan of relationship dynamics and such in writing. But, if you are willing to help me make this a learning experience (along with hopefully a great time!), I would love to attempt some romance.

~ Bedtime Tango: While I might be willing to play a part in a romance-- I am not willing to engage in any sort of sexual activities. Innuendos and references to similar things are alright with me, but the actual activity itself is unacceptable. Along with this, if you are a red-star player please be aware of Iwaku's policies concerning roleplay interactions between the two star groups-- as I myself am a blue-star.

~ ...

Next, here are a few things I hope to find in a partner:

~ Contribution: While I'm not asking you to do all of the work, it would be extremely helpful for the two of us to work together and communicate what we each want to contribute to whatever it is we're working on.

~ Communication: While I whole-heartedly understand that real life will trump this 100%, I would be incredibly grateful if you were to communicate with me. Posting wise, I'd prefer at least once a week-- but if we're already communicating effectively, then I really don't mind when you post.

~ Posts: I'd like a minimum of 2 paragraphs (14-20 sentences), with decent spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It'd be awesome if you could do more-- but more importantly, your post should both react to the previous information given, and expand on the situation. The quality and type of content is more important than the amount of writing used to result in such writing.

~ ...

Finally, a list of what I enjoy-- to give you an idea of what type of 1x1 we can create together:

~ Top 5 Genres: Modern, Horror, Romance, Fantasy, Sci-Fi

~ Gender Pairings: MxM, MxF, FxF...anything, really!

~ Plots: I don't have anything specific in mind, but if you reply down below and/or PM me your interests and ideas, I'm sure we could come up with something!

[/fieldbox]

Is there any information I missed in the spoiler? Feel free to ask down below and/or via PM!

...By the way, thanks for letting me tag you to this thread, @Vio !

Last edited by a moderator:
pink Basis:
~ I'm not sold on any of these ideas, and am completely willing to let you offer your own ideas too!
~ I'm not forcing the idea of strictly romance onto the pairings listed below. They can be platonic, or they can be a slow burn-- it depends.
~ Want to mix & match concepts? Awesome! Feel free to PM or reply down below!

I've realized that I should give some ideas that can be further discussed, so I apologize if I was misleading in any way.

[fieldbox= Pairings, pink, solid, 14] Modern:
~ Spy & Betrayed Leader
~ Business Heir & Arranged Partner
~ Detective & Criminal
~ ...

Historical:
~ Mafia Boss & Speakeasy Host (Roaring 20s)
~ Noble & Peasant (Medieval)
~ Royalty & Enemy Royalty (Medieval)
~ Captain & Stowaway (Pirates)

~ ...

Fantasy:
~ Royalty/Noble & Magic User
~ Supernatural & Human
~ Supernatural & Supernatural (ex. Vampire & Fey, or Werewolf & Selkie)
~ Demon & Magic User

~ ...

Horror:
~ Victim & Hired Killer
~ Demon & Sacrifice
~ Murderer & (Unaware?) Pacifist
~ ...

Sci-Fi:
~ Human Ambassador & Alien Noble
~ Captain & Prisoner (Starships)
~ ...

[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox= Concepts & Settings, Pink, solid, 14] ~ Steampunk: The Industrial Age may have started with coal and oil production-- but soon enough the invention of steam-power sets the world sprinting to create new transportation methods, industrial-sized hydro-power plants, and overall a more green environment.

~ Vigilantes & Villains: The existence of superpowers has lead to many a person taking up the role of crime-fighting...or crime-causing, depending on the backstory. As such, society has become a place where "heroes" and "villains" are judged on based by popularity. Of course, this leads to an increasing amount of superheroes who are only using their powers for the fame-- as some of the largest names are simply mascots for some of the biggest corporations in the country.

~ *Humans (Just Look At Them!): When our planet was first discovered by our more extraterrestrial friends, the immediate reaction was one of kissy noises (or substitutions of such, in some cases). In a matter of Earth-Years, we quickly became the unintentional mascot of Intergalactic Conservation Efforts. Our main exports are various media of ourselves doing mundane activities. In response, not only is our home planet being restored by various intergalactic charities, but there are millions of aliens who would love to have a human on their ship. Consequently, we struggle to be taken seriously as a species, and every once in a while we find that some alien group attempts to kidnap us for illegal trades.

In simplicity, we are like the cutest endangered species in the galaxy.

~ Occult Society: A society where the government is religion-based-- however, with a dark twist. Certain physical traits are desired, and those born with them can find that their place in society is higher than those without. Sacrifices are made to appease the entities worshipped in the government-- usually using criminals and those who preach blasphemy, however there have been cases where the sacred nobles volunteer their offspring in exchange for blessings (and therefore a better place in society).

*Based off of this source.
[/fieldbox]

Want to mix and match concepts with pairings? Steampunk Twenties, Supernatural Horror-- the possibilities are endless! If you're interested, or if you'd like to bring up something you want, please reply below or shoot me a PM!

I am interested in doing something along the lines of Humans (Just Look at Them!). We could do any of the sci-fi pairings, or both (because why not). I also liked the idea of a demon and it's sacrifice but maybe instead of a demon, it's a god? Have you ever seen the manhwa Bride of the Water God? Something like that would be neato.

Reactions: Calypso Major