Calls to Anolia

I viewed this thread and...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, due to the follow up questions, I've noticed that a lot of people are concerned with the knowledge slots limiting their ability to relate with other characters. If it would make the RP more enjoyable, I can make party and knowledge slots two different mechanics, with knowledge slots being a much more liberal resource.

This being said, while I know that many of you value your character interactions, and don't want to lose those due to a story mechanic, I think what you are feeling is strongly relatable to something that your character is also feeling. CtA is decentralized RP, so that limits the ways that I can make interesting conflicts for our characters. The biggest tool in my tool belt for creating meaningful conflict is through environmental aspects. With your knowledge slots limited, it makes your character have to make some interesting decisions. For example, what is worth remembering, what do they want to forget, and what are they willing to give up to clear a dungeon?

I'd also like you to consider how it affects your character's willingness to enter a dungeon. Whenever you level up, you are going to get more knowledge slots. More knowledge slots means you can develop more long-term memories. To some characters, this is a precious resource.

Furthermore, this rule makes Anolia seem a lot more fallible, and this world more broken. Your character is going to encounter characters who they won't be able to remember in the long term. How will that make them feel? Would that be an interesting conflict for your character?

And all of this leads to the million dollar question: Is this conflict worth the inconvenience it causes?

@Holmishire @Sailor Moon @Infinity @i3flames @dragonesper @Shattered♦Secrets™ @Insomnant @Dubs of Stigma @york

• Useful
Reactions: envogue and York
Just answer this question: How many do you start out besides your personal slot?

Oh, I didn't even realize people have a problem with that. I think I have less of a problem with the limited knowledge slots thing, because it's already- to an extent- how I experience the world. I have prosopagnosia, aka face blindness, so while I can form memories about people and encounters with them, it isn't tied to their appearance or the way they look. In a setting where names don't come up often and outfits change in between encounters, this effectively leaves me without long term memory for most people I encounter in real life, anyway! xD

*nods* Can see how that makes sense. *already seeing how it can be misused by one optional character type*

Well, I think I'm gonna give the rp a shot. Let me know when the ooc is up :3 I'm working on my char

Are you interested in this RP?

I'm interested.

What would you consider the primary reason you would consider joining?

Honestly, I've just decided to take the plunge and try something outside of my comfort zone. This is obviously an atypical RP, and I thought it might be interesting to throw myself into it.

Is there anything you don't like about the design of this RP?

I have my concerns about how all these new rules will go down, but I've decided to take the plunge and roll with it for now.

Would you recommend this to anyone?

I don't really have anyone to recommend this to.

How frequently do you like to post?

I can post quite often, and I'm sure I won't be a hindrance to the progress of the RP.

How much combat would you like to see?

I would like a good balance of combat and other things.

Would you be interested in joining the CtA Skype group?

May as well.

Would you be interested in designing dungeons or being a dungeon operator? (you do not need to be a CtA member)

Yes, actually, I would.

Would you be interested in designing new classes for CtA? (you do not need to be a CtA member)

If I have any good ideas, I might. But I doubt I could just churn them out regularly.

Is there any other considerations or questions that you'd like me to address?

None for now.

My own created class :D Approve it! So I can officially add it to my CS
I think I'll be the only one to use it anyways.

Class Name: Heroine
Class Description: The versatile Bread and Butter of the group cursed by a lust for adventure and loot with a signature willpower fueled clutch, the Heroine derives her abilities from her original personality.
Minor Skills
Unique Weapon Mastery: The Heroine is a master of her unique weapon, a reflection of her personality, and gains a distinct advantage over those without weapon mastery.

Equip Pack: Come prepared or go home. The Heroine has tools for a variety of situations. Switching items takes time based on the item. Items may vary based on individual Heroines. You may only have one type of each item, but you can level one item for more uses or better effects every level. The pack starts with 5 slots, but gains one slot every 3 levels. Items are chosen at start.

Potion * Got an ailment? Heroines manage to carry something for your woes. This remedy has a beneficial effect for a party member or Heroine. The effect is chosen at character creation, and must be approved in OOC. Single use per day at lvl 1.
Chosen's Garments * Piece of Armor or clothing endowed with a defensive bonus or magical enchantment chosen at character creation, and approved in OOC. Levels bonus effects.
Magic Flask * Questionable concoctions from a hermit in a hole, that inflicts a variety of debilitating status effect for the enemy, chosen at character creation, and approved in OOC.
Support Accessory * A unique accessory or artifact with a unique power chosen at character creation, and approved in OOC. Single use per day at lvl 1.
Escape Rope * Will allow one other person besides the Heroine to escape a dungeon. This can be used once per dungeon. (This item cannot lvl up)
Camping Gear * The Heroine turns full host to accommodate her party on their travels. (Takes up two slots). Leveling this item makes it able to accommodate more party members.
Magic Map * It may or may not be correct, and the Heroine may or may not be able to read the language it's in, but she payed a lot of coin for it, so its going to be used no matter what. Leveling this item makes it more accurate in helping navigate dungeons. At lvl 1, it is hardly reliable, and may lead you into a trap.
Heart Piece * A token or memento, that if gifted to another PC, will allow them to communicate telepathically. Can only be gifted once. Can gain a variety of other small bonus effects if the other character holding it levels up, and as long as they choose to remember the Heroine.
Chest Key * Who would the hero be without a handy key to open some chests? This key can open any chest in a dungeon, but can only be used once per dungeon. Leveling this item allows for more uses.
Cursed Mirror * The Heroine looks into the mirror, but only sees her shadow self. This item will replace the Heroine with her Shadow Self, who is just as strong as the Heroine, but allows the Heroine temporary respite from combat. The Shadow Self will remain out for 30 seconds, but leveling it will grant it more time.
Bokomo Flute * Summons some Bokomos (giant flightless birds made of harmless smoke) for your party to ride. Can only be used once per day. Leveling this item allows this item to be used more often.

Medium Skills
Tip of the Spear: Will be the first to draw blood with an impassioned strike that can stun enemies. (If attack follows stealth attack, this attack is increased. If immediately followed by a berserker, lancer, brawler or warrior attack, their attacks are increased.)

Fairy Fervor: Rallies the team with a call to action that allows allies to push past their injuries and fight on harder. All allies of the Heroine will receive a Damage Reduction, and the amount of damage reduced is scaled with level.
Major Skills
Power of Will: Based on the individual Heroine, this power is uniquely charged by their creative personality. The Heroine will likely feel the need to name the signature move and declare it before use. Heroines that have not self-actualized will not have access to this ability. Use of this ability pushes them past their limits and requires a minimum of at least 48 hours of rest after utilizing. The way the ability will scale will also be unique.

Yo! Unsure if this is still open to others, but in the case that it is, I've given everything a good read and I'll proceed to answer the follow-up questions. The concept certainly isn't something I've done before, but I'm nonetheless interested. (Also, having DJ as a viable class just about made my day.)

Are you interested in this RP?
>Indeed I am!

What would you consider the primary reason you would consider joining?
>DJ. The GM quality looks very high; everything seems to be well thought-out and planned, with good presentation also. I'm pretty satisfied with the expected writing levels, too.

Is there anything you don't like about the design of this RP?
>Some of the 10 rules are a little bit 'wat', but I understand it's to make this RP more enjoyable. I'll get used to them in time. Some of the classes are arguably imbalanced too (Ronin, for example), but I'm sure that won't really matter in the long term, and it's just to add variety and fun.

Would you recommend this to anyone?
>I don't think most of my pals would be down for this of thing. But if I knew someone would be down for a concept like this, then sure!

How frequently do you like to post?
>Daily, or once every two days.

How much combat would you like to see?
>A fair amount, so long as combat runs smoothly and isn't tediously long.

Would you be interested in joining the CtA Skype group?
>Sure, why not! Although I might not talk much unless my name is pinged, I'm pretty awkward when it comes to Skype chat groups. Highlight here---> jakersmate81 if you wanna add me.

Would you be interested in designing dungeons or being a dungeon operator?
>If you need the help, and the some of the basic mechanics of dungeons (if there are any) are explained, then I'd love to. Even if you don't need the help, it still piques my interest.

Would you be interested in designing new classes for CtA? (you do not need to be a CtA member)
>Pffft, there's a DJ class, why would you want more classes. But seriously, yes, I would. I'm thinking there should be something like a Duelist class, a Guardian class (gotta have dem tanky classes imo), etc. I could probably make quite a few if you're interested. XD

Is there any other considerations or questions that you'd like me to address?
>Not currently. Although I'm wondering what sort of classes other people are planning, just so I don't steal roles and such, and so that we don't have a team consisting mostly of the same thing.

Any estimate on when the IC will be up? :3

@Sailor Moon Are you in the skype chat? Luna updates a lot of us on there already, but I think the IC should be up by next week. I think we're waiting on a few more people.

@Sailor Moon Are you in the skype chat? Luna updates a lot of us on there already, but I think the IC should be up by next week. I think we're waiting on a few more people.
Skype is nice because it lets me drag everyone into my spur of the moment stuff that doesn't need an official update, but it really isn't everyone's cup of tea. I'll always make sure the important announcements are made in forum for people who don't like the spontaneous and social nature of a Skype chat. (and the people who just don't want to run it because it slows down their games and movies)

My skype is my personal skype, so I probably will join at some point if I get closer to anyone else in the rp besides Luna. I don't want to create another just for rp stuff, so. :p

My skype is my personal skype, so I probably will join at some point if I get closer to anyone else in the rp besides Luna. I don't want to create another just for rp stuff, so. :p
Mine is also my personal Skype. I've been using it for roleplaying so long that I've just grown accustomed to having a lot of people on it. Though, part of me is just happy that Sailor-san seems to enjoy having me around.

Reactions: envogue
Q: Are you interested in this RP?
A: Probably.

Q: What would you consider the primary reason you would consider joining?
A: Fits certain character concepts I have + enough free time

Q: Is there anything you don't like about the design of this RP?
A: Yes, I don't like that players apparently won't get new skills. While I understand that combat is not the main aspect of the RP it still seems like something important and especially in anime stuff getting new skills is also part of character development. On the other hand though I really like those knowledge-slots.

Q: Would you recommend this to anyone?
A: I gave it to my Iwaku twin, but he didn't want to~

Q: How frequently do you like to post?
A: 1 to 3 posts every 1 to 3 days.

Q: How much combat would you like to see?
A: Not too much, I have too much bad experience to do combat without dice.

Q: Would you be interested in joining the CtA Skype group?
A: Not like any more Skypegroups would matter...

Q: Would you be interested in designing dungeons or being a dungeon operator? (you do not need to be a CtA member)
A: Sure.

Q: Would you be interested in designing new classes for CtA? (you do not need to be a CtA member)
A: Well, I won't take any of the presets for my characters(at max two), but randomly coming up with stuff for the sake of randomness, while that is something I like, no I would not be interested.

Q: Is there any other considerations or questions that you'd like me to address?
A: What part of my quick and dirty resume made you think I'd like this "a lot"? c:

Q: Are you interested in this RP?
A: Probably.

Q: What would you consider the primary reason you would consider joining?
A: Fits certain character concepts I have + enough free time

Q: Is there anything you don't like about the design of this RP?
A: Yes, I don't like that players apparently won't get new skills. While I understand that combat is not the main aspect of the RP it still seems like something important and especially in anime stuff getting new skills is also part of character development. On the other hand though I really like those knowledge-slots.

Q: Would you recommend this to anyone?
A: I gave it to my Iwaku twin, but he didn't want to~

Q: How frequently do you like to post?
A: 1 to 3 posts every 1 to 3 days.

Q: How much combat would you like to see?
A: Not too much, I have too much bad experience to do combat without dice.

Q: Would you be interested in joining the CtA Skype group?
A: Not like any more Skypegroups would matter...

Q: Would you be interested in designing dungeons or being a dungeon operator? (you do not need to be a CtA member)
A: Sure.

Q: Would you be interested in designing new classes for CtA? (you do not need to be a CtA member)
A: Well, I won't take any of the presets for my characters(at max two), but randomly coming up with stuff for the sake of randomness, while that is something I like, no I would not be interested.

Q: Is there any other considerations or questions that you'd like me to address?
A: What part of my quick and dirty resume made you think I'd like this "a lot"? c:
I recommended you for a match on posting speed, writing level, orientation, and with game-like elements being somewhat akin to anime themes. I didn't know if you'd like it, but I thought it was a close enough match to be worth a shot. If nothing else, I liked what I saw out of your writing...

Status
Not open for further replies.