Calls To Anolia Planning Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Class Name: Gunner
Class Description: A support unit that utilizes mobility to tactically place turrets on the battlefield.
Minor Skills
Mech Summoning: The gunner can place automated turrets that aim at enemies. The number they can have at one time and their power varies by level.
Swift Feet: Passive skill. The gunner is fast on her feet, outrunning those who are less mobile.
Medium Skills
Mode Change: The gunner can remotely change any turret between normal, pulse, and heal mode.
Normal- Does single target damage to an enemy. Pulse- Creates a damaging wave around the turret. Heal- Creates a healing pulse around the turret.
Detonate: Explodes a turret, causing massive knockback and sizeable damage.
Major Skills
Upgrades Online: Usable once per day. Transforms all active turrets into laser cannons for 7 seconds.

Class Name: Mondai
Class Description: The Mondai is a free spirited class that excels in mobility.
Minor Skills
Swift Feet: Passive skill. The Mondai is fast on her feet, outrunning those who are less mobile.
Take Flight: The Mondai is able to summon their trusty Glider at any moment her feet a not touching the ground. Additionally, the Mondai is skillful with maneuvering her Glider. If the Glider is damaged or destroyed, it takes one minute to summon a new one.
Medium Skills
Ride the Wind: The Mondai can create air currents at will, though their potential for use in combat is limited.
Take My Hand: The Mondai can sweep people off their feet, to carry them without suffering from the weight burden. (this can be used while using the glider or on the ground)
Major Skills
Take to the Skies: Usable once per day. Everyone the Mondai knows gains the power of flight for 30 seconds(including the Mondai). If they already had flight, their flight speed is doubled.

Class Name: Berserker
Class Description: The Berserker is a durable bundle of directionless rage.
Minor Skills
Axe Mastery: Passive skill. The Berserker is a master of the axe, allowing her to trump unskilled opponents.
Pure Rage: Passive skill. The Berserker is much stronger than most classes, but while a valid enemy target is in range, she loses her ability to strategize or disengage.
Medium Skills
Relentless: Passive skill. The Berserker is harder to stun, and her attacks cannot be canceled, even by a lethal strike.
Wild Swing: An extra powerful upward axe swing that can knock her foes off their feet.
Major Skills
DIE DIE DIE: For the next 7 seconds, the Berserker is impervious, and gains monstrous strength.

Permission to submit from the great one herself~!

Class Name: Spellblade
Class Description: A swordsman able to use magics to enchant her blade

Minor Skills:
Dual Weapon Mastery: The Spellblade may train in up to two weapon types, and may fight and use Sword Magic using these weapon types only. The Spellblade suffers a disadvantage fighting against anyone with single weapon mastery.
Spellcasting (Minor): The Spellblade may cast very low level magics as any spellcaster, but cannot use any high level ones excluding Sword Magic.

Medium Skills:
Sword Magic: The Spellblade can enchant one of her mastered weapons with a different magic, granting it elemental damage or another unique effect. This enchantment only lasts for 1 minute, and may only be cast once 6 minutes.
Conversion Magic: The Spellblade may intercept a minor or medium spell while Sword Magic is not on cooldown, gaining Sword Magic of the spell without Sword Magic going on cooldown. This can be used to gain elements she would not normally be able to, but cannot convert spells of a mage 5 or more levels higher.

Major Skill:
Silencing Blast: If the Spellblade is not on cooldown from casting Sword Magic, the Spellblade may draw power from surrounding magics into her weapon, disabling all spells from being cast in a short range around them and granting them a much more powerful Sword Magic for 5 minutes, including elements not normally useable. When this spell expires, Sword Magic will go on cooldown for 30 minutes, with this skill on cooldown for an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Another one for the list. Totally didn't steal the theme from XIV *cough*)

Class Name: Astrologist
Class Description - A seer of the stars that can read her friend's fortunes, and twists fate itself with their magical deck of cards.

Minor Skills:
Fortune Telling: The Astrologist can use their enchanted Tarot deck for fortune telling, the accuracy of their fortune is determined by how many cards they have acquired.

Star Vision: The Astrologist can always see clearly at night, but only when they can see the open sky. Stars are never obscured by weather for them.

Medium Skills:
Astral Fortune: During the night, the Astrologist can peer at the stars, reading the fortune for her allies for the day to come. She can spend an hour to receive a random fortune, which will apply to anyone she is around, but if the effect is negative, she can make it apply only to herself and attempt to receive another one.

Tarot Deck: The Astrologist carries a small deck of Tarot Cards, and can draw them to recieve an effect, which must be placed on an ally. If the card is drawn reversed, so is the effect, but it must be played.

Starting Cards:

The Magician(I): The casting power of an ally is increased, decreased if drawn reversed. Cannot be played on a non caster.
The High Priestess(II): The receiver of this card is healed, they are drained of health if drawn reversed.
Strength(XI): The physical power of someone is increased, they become physically weak if drawn reversed. Cannot be played on someone who does not physically fight.
Temperance(XIV): Allows someone to resist negative effects for a short time, they will usually occur more if drawn reversed.

More cards of the deck may be found in dungeons, the effects are unknown until used at least once. Cards effects that occur over time last an hour.

Major Skill:

Planet Alignment: The Astrologist can directly influence the paths of the planets in the stars once per week, immediately negating any and all negative effects caused by Astral Fortune or Tarot Deck.

Class Name: Pirate
Class Description: A durable swordwielder who avidly protects and gathers treasures.
Minor Skills
Sword Mastery: The Pirate is a master of the sword, allowing her to trump unskilled opponents.
Armor Mastery: The Pirate is a master of heavy armor, allowing her to carry heavier loads.
Medium Skills
The Captain's Chest: The Pirate can summon one chest that can hold an infinite number of objects. Weight of the items decreases with level. If the chest is destroyed, everything spills out.
Thar Be Plunder: Passive skill. Pirates become more powerful if they can see enemy treasure.
Major Skills
Me Mateys: Passive skill. The Pirate has minions which carry any treasure dropped by enemies that were killed by someone the pirate knows to her chest.

Anolia's New World

The world Anolia wanted to make was inspired by the human created MMOs that she'd grown so fond of watching. She particularly fancied the idea of a fantasy adventure filled with mystery and monsters. Therefore she created 10 rules to create her ideal world.

Anolia's Rules Explained
1. Everyone has been reborn as a female, but can still have children through a special magic ritual. (first generation retains memories of their old life)
Anolia felt terrible that because the population was separated into two genders, many people who were otherwise perfect for each other wouldn't love each other because they lacked physical attraction for each other. Therefore, she transformed everyone into beautiful females so that she would never have to see this again. Though the guilty side of her knows she was simply partial to girl's love.
2. Most projectiles have been slowed down significantly, making firearms, ballistics, and bows much less viable as weapons.
Anolia felt it was unfair that anyone could become powerful simply by possessing a firearm. Despite the best efforts by human governments to regulate them, pathetic low lives and irresponsible children kept causing a lot of trouble with them. She solved this by creating a hard enough nerf to projectile weapons that they would be fair to use in a fight against melee weapons. Though her guilty side know it was partially because she thought hiding behind cover and shooting was a boring fight to watch.
3. Writing has become impossible, and people can only know a specific number of people (which varies by class, level, and individual).
Anolia intended to destroy the ability for humans to keep records and organize into large organizations. She had seen many cases of corruption, and instances of the strong ganging up on the weak. There would be no place for such organizations in her new world. People only needed to form groups large enough to tackle the obstacles in her world. Therefore, she limited group size to a finite number, and created challenges for people that could adjust to the maximum group size they could possibly be in. Though her guilty side knows that is was partially because she just didn't like or understand politics.
4. Electricity and fire are much less controllable. Electricity no longer flows reliably through wires. Fire now has a fixed lifespan of 3 hours, spreads across almost any solid, and cannot be created except by lightning or summoning.
For her to have her fantasy world, she would have to ensure that nobody would be able to use their past memories to recreate important milestone inventions like the steam engine or computer. Therefore, she tried to break the mechanisms needed to operate such devices. Though her guilty side knows this was childish of her.
5. Monsters roam the Earth.
Anolia believes that a world without challenges to overcome would be a boring world indeed. So she created monster spawn points to offer as both challenges and threats to the human population. She also believed that due to the ability to conjure, monsters needed to hold onto useful items that could not be conjured so that there could be scarcity. Though, her guilty side knows that she could have kept the monsters inside their dungeons instead of risking innocent lives.
6. The earth is now a living structure which is able to change its composition to resist adverse effects to that which inhabits it. Geography is often unstable for this reason.
Anolia feared that even without weapons of mass destruction, there was still too great a chance the world might be destroyed by threats both within and beyond. Therefore, she made it a living structure that would constantly evolve to protect itself and those who inhabit it. With this, entire environments could change in just a week's time. Though her guilty side knows that it would cripple the human's ability to create permanent structures, but wanted to watch the world change before her eyes.
7. Humans were made to be significantly stronger. They are born into classes which have special abilities. These abilities can grow stronger over time by leveling up.
In order to give people a place in this new world, they'd need to be stronger. Humans that could live off the land, defeat monsters, and heal the wounded with their own hands were needed. They needed to have the drive and purpose to protect themselves even without modern comforts in a world where they could be attacked by monsters at any moment. Though her guilty side knows that she just wanted people to enjoy the fantasy life she had dreamed of.
8. Magic can be used by most classes to slowly create many raw materials. This includes, but is not limited to non-magical: fruits, vegetables, cloth, rubber, steel, air, oil, meat, plastic, wood, dyes, water, spices, and furs.
Without the ability to plant their roots and organize, people would have a difficult time gathering provisions. Therefore, she made sure every human had the ability to get what they need, even if it was a slow and boring process. Though her guilty side knows she simply didn't want to take the time to design a world that had everything people needed.
9. It is possible to communicate with Anolia by obtaining a special item that can be found in monster dungeons.
Anolia always wanted to commune with the lifeforms that she oversaw, but felt as though speaking with her should be some form of privilege. After all, she couldn't possibly make the time to hold a conversation with everyone. So, she decided that it would be the reward for those who could clear a monster dungeon. Though her guilty side knows this decision will result in countless lost lives.
10. Everyone speaks the same language.
Anolia felt like language was an unnecessary dividing point among humans, so she got rid of it entirely. Now everyone speaks the same language. Though her guilty side knows that she has destroyed many people's cultural heritage with this.

Monster Dungeons

Monster Dungeons are special structures that form randomly across the world. Although the facade varies based on the contents within, every monster dungeon has a sigil just outside of it with pedestals for people to stand on. The number of people that can enter varies based on the number of pedestals, and their total level cannot exceed the number engraved on the sigil. In addition to these indicators, monster dungeons have a number between 0 and 9 written on the doors blocking the inside. This is the difficulty rating. The more pedestals, max total level, and difficulty rating, the more challenging it is. Once you'd entered a dungeon, the only way back is through the doors.

The inside of a dungeon can look like anything, as they are essentially suspended realities that aren't a part of the real world. The only certainty of the dungeon is lots of monsters, traps, a boss enemy, treasure, and the Scroll of Heavens which allows for one person to have a short conversation with goddess Anolia.

Dungeons are much more dangerous than Anolia's world, and for this reason carry a greater chance of Player Death, especially at higher difficulties. If you do not want your character to die, I recommend never entering a dungeon without: a party within 2 levels of the max party level, your character's level being at least the party average, enough players to fill each pedestal, and never into a dungeon with a rating above 5. Entering a dungeon without meeting those conditions means accepting your character might die a horrible, unavoidable, or unfair death without your consent.

For anyone to find a dungeon, someone must first create one, and assign a player/player(s) to operate for the enemies, traps, and layout. The dungeon's traps, monsters, boss, rewards, and layout will be reviewed and approved by me to ensure they are both fair and challenging. While I assume that I myself will be creating most dungeons, I've put this process into place to allow for dungeons to spawn at a rate faster than I could manage by myself. As a last sidenote, even if you are not currently a member of Calls to Anolia, you may fill the role of a dungeon operator.

Lastly, like the rest of the world, dungeons are not permanent fixtures of the world. If you see one, you should not expect to be able to return to that same dungeon at that same location. However, those who beat/exit a dungeon will always return safely to the location they entered it, even if the dungeon no longer exists there.

Goals of the RP

This section exists to talk about what you can expect the characters in Calls to Anolia(CtA) to be occupying their time with. CtA is a decentralized Yuri/Adventure title. There is no guiding central plot, and instead players must discover narrative through their adventures. Although combat will be a feature in this roleplay, most of the time you spend will be spent adventuring in a world without any signs of civilization. Ultimately, there is no goal which upon completion will end the RP, but here is a list of fun things to do. This list basically defines what I assume is "the point" of joining this RP.

1. Roleplay through your character's feelings about the old world and new world. Have them come to terms with their new surroundings, or rebel against them.
  2. Make a life for your character. Explore the world, beat the dragons, mourn your lost companions, fall in love, save someone's life, all that cool stuff.
  3. Talk to the Goddess Anolia as many times as possible.
  4. Defeat a rank 9 dungeon.
And to follow that list, here is a list of things not to expect.

1. Characters to learn new skills as they level up.
  2. Dungeons to be a common event.
  3. This roleplay to be mostly about combat.
  4. This roleplay to keep our party together through a centralized story.

Rules

This section covers all the potentially not obvious things I think you need to know in order to be an effective member of this RP. I've made them big and colorful so hopefully people realize they are important.

1. Join groups responsibly. Before you have your character interact with someone, you should make sure that you can keep up with the pace that group is currently enjoying/wants to enjoy. You should also make sure your real life responsibilities do not interfere with your RPing ones. While I understand life happens, I would like players to respect that their life happening too often is damaging to the life of this RP. I would like this RP to last a very long time, so I ask players to let me know when they need help, and when this RP has become too much responsibility for them to handle.

2. Do not skim posts which are directed at you. Part of what makes roleplaying special is the fact that you have a world that is reacting to the things your character is doing. However, the rest of the players aren't there just to react to your character, so you also need to do your best to return that feeling back to them. Everyone's character deserves to be important. For this reason, I ask that when someone targets your character with an action, include sentences which directly refer to something that character did, even if it is just to state how your character didn't even notice what they were doing.

3. While I'm allowing multiple characters, I still expect quality posts from each character. In most of my roleplays, I allow players to have only one character because I don't think the average RPer handles the responsibility well. Countless times I've watched players half the quality of each character so that they can spend the same amount of effort as they did posting with one. While I'm glad that having more characters gives players more ways to interact with the world, especially when one is held up waiting for a response, I will ask that if you do not intend to keep following rule 2 with a character that you somehow remove them from the other PCs.

4. Do not suffer in silence. It is my job as GM to do everything in my power to make sure everyone is having fun. No matter what kinds of concerns you have, I will hear you out and fix it to the best of my ability. So long as you address me respectfully, you can tell me anything. This includes but is not limited to: feeling a lack of motivation to post, having an issue with me or another member of the RP, feeling stuck like you aren't sure what to write, not understanding an aspect of the lore, expressing uncertainty in your ability to post for any reason, and thinking that I make you read too much.

And one more just for the people who want to impress me

Luna's Rule. Care about the success of this RP. As the GM, I'm always looking for things under my control to make an RP more likely to succeed. While some GMs might set their goals lower, I set my bar high. I want this thing to last for years, and I want to make some new friends in the process. I need your help to make this happen. If you want to help me reach my goals, be loud, get excited. Have a blast with the other players. Talk about the plot. Strategize together. There is a lot you can do as a player to keep everyone excited about this RP. It is only when both the GM and the players work together like this that a RP can be truly successful.

[fieldbox="Assassin"]
A hit and run fighting class, rewarding patient and calculating strikes.
Minor Skills:
Flash Step: The Assassin is able to teleport short distances, equal to the distance the Assassin is able to sprint in 2 seconds. The Assassin is vulnerable for half a second after a successful Flash Step.

Darkness: The Assassin is able to camouflage and blend into any source of darkness, regardless of her clothing. Darkness also muffles the Assassin's breathing while active.

Medium Skills:
Venom Strike: The Assassin coats her blade in poison for a short time. If the Assassin fails to land an attack in this time, the Assassin is poisoned instead.

Weak Point Execution: If the Assassin strikes an enemy that does not attempt to guard or block the attack, the attack deals extra damage.

Major Skill:
Assassinate: Once per day, the Assassin can use Flash Step towards a target while under the effects of Darkness. This does not leave the Assassin vulnerable.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Fallen"]
Debilitating warriors, who fight the Demon inside to gain the power to protect.
Minor Skills:
Blight Touch: Any living thing the Fallen touches suffers a temporary debilitation, or extreme pain. This ability feels extremely pleasurable to the Fallen, and can lead to temporary addiction.

Sadistic Lust: The Fallen must use Blight Touch on a human or monster for at least five minutes each day. If not, they are ripped apart by the Demon within.

Medium Skills:
Shadowy Grasp: The Fallen extends a shadowy aura from her hands, allowing them to use Blight Touch from a range, but decreasing the effects of it.

Mind Rape: While under the effects of Blight Touch, the Fallen can access the victim's mind, allowing them to speak to the victim through telepathy, and plant images into their heads.

Major Skill:
Immortal Vengeance: If the Fallen would die, they are instead resurrected for 24 hours. If they are able to kill the creature that killed them, they are resurrected fully, otherwise they die and cannot be resurrected by any means.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Rogue"]
A class that encourages sneakiness, well versed in escaping sticky situations.
Minor Skills:
Keen Sight: Rogues have excellent vision, giving them the ability to discern fine details.

Dextrous: Rogues have excellent control over their hands, allowing them to manuever swiftly and efficiently.

Medium Skills:
Perfect Crime: While the Rogue's weapon is sheathed, they cannot be seen unless directly looked at.

Kinetic Counter: The Rogue can counter close range attacks by reading the muscle movement of the target, if the Rogue is focusing on that target and they are within weapon range.

Major Skill:
Blade Flurry: Once per day, the Rogue may increase her body's natural speed, allowing them to move as if the world was in slow motion for 30 seconds.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Magic Girl"]
A normal girl most of the time, yet able to transform and tap into amazing long range magical powers.
Minor Skills:
Transform!: The Magic Girl transforms into her Magic Girl form after a 15 second transformation, in which they are vulnerable to attack. Magic is consumed while transformed.

Young Heart: The Magic Girl's appearance does not change with age, always appearing as if they were 16 years old.

Medium Skills:
Magic: The Magic Girl can consume her magical powers to use a variety of long ranged and other magic.
  • Normal: A basic shot of magical energy.
  • Homing: Lower damage, but can track enemies.
  • Strong: A slow moving yet very powerful burst.
  • Sniper: Fast and long ranged, yet deals very little damage at close ranges.
  • Burst: Weaker, but can be repeatedly cast in quick succession.
  • Shield: Creates a barrier of magic to shield.
  • Heal: Restores health using magic.

Flight:The Magic Girl can expend magical energy to fly.

Major Skill:
Finisher Attack: By expending all remaining magic power, the Magic Girl can use a devastating and unique magical attack.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Ronin"]
Those who fight by swiftly striking through their enemies, taking down crowds of unskilled fighters.
Minor Skills:
Sword Master: Ronins have mastery with the sword, allowing them to defeat those who do not have mastery with their weapons.

Swift Strike: Ronins are able to slash through opponents with their attacks, and do not lose speed while doing so.

Medium Skills:
Honed Reflexes: The Ronin's reflexes are trained, allowing them to sense when they are attacked and from which direction, though only one attack at a time.

Opportune Strike: The Ronin can warp up to 5 feet to an enemy that turns their back to them, allowing them an attack of opportunity.

Major Skill:
Strike Horizon: The Ronin slashes her weapon, creating a wide and powerful energy slash, which instantly defeats enemies of a much lower level than the Ronin.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Martyr"]
An extremely durable fighter, turning her pain into strength to shield her allies.
Minor Skills:
Unyielding Body: The Martyr's bones are as strong as steel, and they cannot run out of blood by bleeding.

Masochist: The Martyr can animate her own body with holy energy, which is refilled when struck.

Medium Skills:
Eye for an Eye: Those who strike the Martyr can be made to feel the same pain she does, though they do not suffer an injury.

Human Shield: The Martyr can teleport up to 10 feet away to intercept any attack.

Major Skill:
Divine Intervention: If the Martyr is slain, they are revived at the end of the day near someone they know. This ability is lost permanently if the Martyr witnesses someone they know die.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Grenadier"]
An explosives expert capabale of creating their own magical explosives.
Minor Skills:
Sharpshooter: The Grenadier is able to throw any object with pinpoint accuracy, no matter the object.

Firestarter: The Grenadier is able to summon fire, and unsummon this fire as well.

Medium Skills:
Mine: The Grenadier can summon a remote, detonatable explosive on the ground.

Grenade: The Grenadier can summon a live grenade in her hand, which explodes after 3 seconds.

Major Skill:
Grenade Launcher: Once a day, the Grenadier can summon down an automated grenade launcher, which will launch grenades automatically at an area.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Warrior"]
An expert fighter who protects their friends and fights their enemies with sword and shield.
Minor Skills:
Fighting Spirit: The Warrior's presence inspires her allies, granting bonus strength to those fighting the same enemy.

Shield Mastery: Warriors have mastery with the shield, giving them bonus defense and block rate while using one.

Medium Skills:
Mighty Strike: A powerful slash which allows the Warrior to break through weapons and armor.

Shield Bash: A powerful slam with the shield, which can stun or stagger an opponent.

Major Skill:
Excalibur: Once a day, the Warrior can summon a large golden blade for a single, devastating swing.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="DJ"]
Bards are boring, the DJ is much more stylish, using their magic to create powerful music.
Minor Skills:
Beat Mastery: The DJ is a master of sound, allowing her to create and modify music at any time with magic.

Heartbeat Detective: DJ's are a master of the beat, and can detect someone's mood and if they are lying from the sound of their heartbeat.

Medium Skills:
Drop the Beat: The DJ can change the tempo of their music in a fight, causing enemies to miss the timing on their moves more easily.

Pump up the Party: The DJ's songs speed up their allies in combat, allowing them to fight faster.

Major Skill:
Fire the Dub-Cannon: Once a day, the DJ can summon and equip their Dub-cannon, emitting loud dubstep that staggers and disorients all enemies it hits.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Conjurer"]
The Conjurer uses summoning magic, to help friends and punish foes.
Minor Skills:
Craftsmanship Mastery: Conjurers are masters of craftsmanship, giving them the ability to expertly manipulate raw materials.

Heartbeat Detective: Conjurers are masters of summoning magic, allowing them to summon magic items and summon raw materials much more quickly.

Medium Skills:
Recall: A conjurer can summon someone she knows to her location.

Call Pet: A conjurer can summon a familiar of their choosing.

Major Skill:
Junkalanche: Once a day, the conjurer can summon a large pile of garbage and junk over an enemy's head.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Freelancer"]
A jack of all trades yet a master at none, adapts to any situation quickly.
Minor Skills:
Jack of All Trades: The Freelancer can learn almost any trade quickly, allowing her to surpass others in areas they do not have mastery in.

Mental Mapmaker: A Freelancer has great spatial awareness, and can instinctively remember where she's been and the paths that she has taken.

Medium Skills:
Mimicry: The Freelancer can use any ability that an ally knows, if they are not using it at the moment already

Astral Weapons: The Freelancer can summon an appropriate tool or weapon of a discipline, which breaks on use.

Major Skill:
Astral Storm: Once a day, the Freelancer summons a copy of themselves for every discipline they know. They will each perform a single attack before disappearing, and the Freelancer will be knocked out at the end.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Brawler"]
A ruthless attacker, using claws to tear through opponents.
Minor Skills:
Claw Mastery: Brawlers have mastery with claw weapons, allowing them to beat those who do not have mastery with their weapons.

Tiger Strike: If the Brawler has both feet on the ground, she can sprint or lunge in any direction immediately, even while attacking.

Medium Skills:
Ferocity: While in combat, the Brawler becomes more terrifying with each enemy they slay, increasing their chances to strike fear into an opponent.

Relentless Strike: The Brawler can counterattack any attack at close range, even if the attack was lethal.

Major Skill:
Demon Blood Party: Once a day, the Brawler may grab an enemy, manifesting their spirit to strike them with a rapid succession of 64 claw attacks.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Beastmistress"]
A summoner that calls beasts and blades of fury and serenity to her side.
Minor Skill:
Tension: The Beastmistress may only have one summoned beast and one summoned blade active at a time, which last a short time before going on cooldown. If another beast or blade is summoned, those previously summoned are placed on cooldown for even longer.

Summoned Blade Skills:
Serene Wand: Calls a wand to buff and heal allies.

Fury Blade: Summons a blade that burns until it consumes enough blood.

Summoned Beast Skills:
Serene Summon: Summons a beast of serenity to heal and defend the Beastmistress.

Fury Summon: Summons a beast of fury to attack the Beastmistress's enemies, giving little care to her orders.

Burden Summon: Summons a beast of burden to carry the Beastmistress and her belongings.

Major Skill:
Stampede: Once a day, the Beastmistress may call a portal which summons dozens of different beasts into the world. The Beastmistress may not control these beasts.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Elemental Mage"]
A master of the elements, including the forbidden thunder and fire elements.
Minor Skills:
Magic Mastery: Elemental Mages have mastery with the elements, allowing them to beat those who do not have mastery with their weapons.

Strong Mind: The Elemental Mage can resist attacks on the mind, and has a higher pain tolerance.

Medium Skills:
Fire Magic: Unleashes a devastating fire spell, which can be charged to increase its power and magic cost.

Ice Magic: Unleashes a devastating ice spell, which can be charged to increase its power and magic cost.

Lightning Magic: Unleashes a devastating lightning spell, which can be charged to increase its power and magic cost.

Major Skill:
Arcane Maelstrom: Once a day, the Elemental Mage can unleash a spell combining all three attacks for a massive attack.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Hex Mage"]
A mage that trades flexibility for mobility by fighting with mobile spell circles.
Minor Skills:
Magic Mastery: Hex Mages have mastery with magic, allowing them to beat those who do not have mastery with their weapons.

Hex Bounce: The Hex Mage can reverse her momentum and leap around by using her spell circles as stepping stonesl

Medium Skills:
Hex Magic - Blast: Creates a spell circle in midair that follows the caster until placed. Creates a small, forceful, concentrated blast that pushes more than it damages.

Hex Magic - Spike: Creates a spell circle in midair that follows the caster until placed. Summons a sharp spike directly out of the center, hard to aim but extremely damaging.

Major Skill:
Hex Magic - Deadly Dungeon: Once a day, summons a spell circle under an enemy which surrounds them with a wall of Hex Magic - Spikes for one minute.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Berserker"]
The Berserker is a durable bundle of directionless rage.
Minor Skills:
Axe Mastery: Berserkers have mastery with the axe, allowing them to beat those who do not have mastery with their weapons.

Pure Rage: The Berserker is much stronger than most classes, but while a valid enemy target is in range, she loses her ability to strategize or disengage.

Medium Skills:
Relentless: The Berserker is harder to stun, and her attacks cannot be canceled, even by a lethal strike.

Wild Swing: An extra powerful upward axe swing that can knock her foes off their feet.

Major Skill:
DIE DIE DIE: Usable once per day. For the next 7 seconds, the Berserker is impervious, and gains monstrous strength.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Lancer"]
A fighting class concerned with spacing and penetrating power.
Minor Skills:
Lance Mastery: Lancers have mastery with the lance, allowing them to beat those who do not have mastery with their weapons.

Mirrored Step: Any time the Lancer has both feet on the ground, even while attacking, he can match the speed and direction of any opponent moving towards him.

Medium Skills:
Piercing Thrust: An extra powerful thrust that has extra armor penetration.

Wayward Slash: A slash that loses neither speed nor power when it collides with physical objects. All targets may block this attack as if it were a regular slash.

Major Skill:
Lightning Strike: Usable once per day. Your Lance is wrapped in a vortex of lightning, then flung with all your might.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Modus"]
The Modus manipulates time to attack foes and gain tactical advantages.
Minor Skills:
Melee Mastery: Modus' have mastery with martial arts, allowing them to beat those who do not have mastery with their weapons.

Slow Time: The Modus can create pockets of slowness at their current location, slowing them, and other future occupants of that space down.

Medium Skills:
Clockwork: Summons the dial. A dial generates a clock image around it that is 20 feet in diameter, with nodes surrounding the hour marks. The Modus may teleport between these nodes at will, and gets bonus damage if attacking from the current hour of the day. If the dial is destroyed, the Modus must wait one minute before it can be summoned again. The dial can be unsummoned if the Modus touches it.

Wait For It: Modus can freeze their unarmed attacks in time so that their temporal copy finishes the move from the same position at a later point in time.

Major Skill:
Full Stop: Usable once per day. Time stops for everyone the Modus does not know. All allies and Modus become intangible, and all their skills are unable to be used except for Clockwork. This move's duration is a function of level.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Gunner"]
A support unit that utilizes mobility to tactically place turrets on the battlefield.
Minor Skills:
Mech Summoning: The gunner can place automated turrets that aim at enemies. The number they can have at one time and their power varies by level.

Swift Feet: The gunner is fast on her feet, outrunning those who are less mobile.

Medium Skills:
Mode Change: The gunner can remotely change any turret between normal, pulse, and heal mode.
  • Normal: Does single target damage to an enemy.
  • Pulse: Creates a damaging wave around the turret.
  • Heal: Creates a healing pulse around the turret.
Detonate: Explodes a turret, causing massive knockback and sizeable damage.

Major Skill:
Upgrades Online: Usable once per day. Transforms all active turrets into laser cannons for 7 seconds.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Spellblade"]
A swordsman able to use magics to enchant her blade
Minor Skills:
Dual Weapon Mastery: The Spellblade may train in up to two weapon types, and may fight and use Sword Magic with these weapon types only. The Spellblade suffers a disadvantage fighting against anyone with single weapon mastery.

Spellcasting (Minor): The Spellblade may cast very low level magics as any spellcaster, but cannot use any high level ones excluding Sword Magic.

Medium Skills:
Sword Magic: The Spellblade can enchant one of her mastered weapons with a different magic, granting it elemental damage or another unique effect. This enchantment only lasts for 1 minute, and may only be cast once 6 minutes.

Conversion Magic: The Spellblade may intercept a minor or medium spell while Sword Magic is not on cooldown, gaining Sword Magic of the spell without Sword Magic going on cooldown. This can be used to gain elements she would not normally be able to, but cannot convert spells of a mage 5 or more levels higher.

Major Skill:
Silencing Blast: If the Spellblade is not on cooldown from casting Sword Magic, the Spellblade may draw power from surrounding magics into her weapon, disabling all spells from being cast in a short range around them and granting them a much more powerful Sword Magic for 5 minutes, including elements not normally useable. When this spell expires, Sword Magic will go on cooldown for 30 minutes, with this skill on cooldown for an hour.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Pirate"]
A durable swordwielder who avidly protects and gathers treasures.
Minor Skills:
Sword Mastery: Pirates have mastery with the sword, allowing them to beat those who do not have mastery with their weapons.

Armor Mastery: The Pirate is a master of heavy armor, allowing her to carry heavier loads.

Medium Skills:
The Captain's Chest: The Pirate can summon one chest that can hold an infinite number of objects. Weight of the items decreases with level. If the chest is destroyed, everything spills out.

Thar Be Plunder: Pirates become more powerful if they can see enemy treasure.

Major Skill:
Me Mateys: The Pirate has minions which carry any treasure dropped by enemies that were killed by someone the pirate knows to her chest.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Astrologist"]
A seer of the stars that can read her friend's fortunes, and twists fate itself with their magical deck of cards.
Minor Skills:
Fortune Telling: The Astrologist can use their enchanted Tarot deck for fortune telling, the accuracy of their fortune is determined by how many cards they have acquired.

Star Vision: The Astrologist can always see clearly at night, but only when they can see the open sky. Stars are never obscured by weather for them.

Medium Skills:
Astral Fortune: During the night, the Astrologist can peer at the stars, reading the fortune for her allies for the day to come. She can spend an hour to receive a random fortune, which will apply to anyone she is around, but if the effect is negative, she can make it apply only to herself and attempt to receive another one.

Tarot Deck: The Astrologist carries a small deck of Tarot Cards, and can draw them to recieve an effect, which must be placed on an ally. If the card is drawn reversed, so is the effect, but it must be played.

Starting Cards:

• The Magician(I): The casting power of an ally is increased, decreased if drawn reversed. Cannot be played on a non caster.
  • The High Priestess(II): The receiver of this card is healed, they are drained of health if drawn reversed.
  • Strength(XI): The physical power of someone is increased, they become physically weak if drawn reversed. Cannot be played on someone who does not physically fight.
  • Temperance(XIV): Allows someone to resist negative effects for a short time, they will usually occur more if drawn reversed.

More cards of the deck may be found in dungeons, the effects are unknown until used at least once. Cards effects that occur over time last an hour.

Major Skill:
Planet Alignment: The Astrologist can directly influence the paths of the planets in the stars once per week, immediately negating any and all negative effects caused by Astral Fortune or Tarot Deck.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Favored"]
The Favored are those with great intuition, who use their likeability to their advantage.
Minor Skills:
Lucky Charm: Favored are more likely to succeed in anything controlled by random chance.

Charismatic: Favored are charismatic, and people tend to find them likeable more often than others.

Medium Skills:
Strong Intuition: The Favored are very intuitive, and can gain meta knowledge to help handle situations they find themselves in.

Irresistable: The Favored's requests are more compelling to others, even if it is slightly unreasonable.

Major Skill:
Lovely Redemption: The Favored can offer their love to one person. If that person dies, they can be resurrected with a kiss. If the person is not faithful or offers their love to another, the resurrected person will die.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Mondai"]
A free spirited class that excels in mobility.
Minor Skills:
Swift Feet: The Mondai is fast on her feet, outrunning those who are less mobile.

Take Flight: The Mondai is able to summon their trusty Glider at any moment her feet a not touching the ground. Additionally, the Mondai is skillful with maneuvering her Glider. If the Glider is damaged or destroyed, it takes one minute to summon a new one.

Medium Skills:
Ride the Wind: The Mondai can create air currents at will, though their potential for causing harm is limited.

Take My Hand: The Mondai can sweep people off their feet, to carry them without suffering from the weight burden. (this can be used while using the glider or on the ground)

Major Skill:
Take to the Skies: Usable once per day. Everyone the Mondai knows gains the power of flight for 30 seconds(including the Mondai). If they already had flight, their flight speed is doubled.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Cleric"]
The Cleric doesn't like to fight, and instead focuses on her power to heal the wounded.
Minor Skills:
Healing Mastery: The Cleric is a master of magic staffs, allowing her to heal the sick.

Trained Medic: Clerics are effective at evaluating many injuries and illnesses, allowing them to gauge vitality at a glance.

Medium Skills:
Healing Presence: While a Cleric is using healing magic, the effectiveness of healing is increased for everyone she knows.

Overload: The Cleric can place strain on her staff to intensify its effect; however, doing so shortens the staff's life.

Major Skill:
Resurrection: Usable once per day. The Cleric raises one dead ally, then suffers knockout. Requires 5 minutes of unbroken concentration.
[/fieldbox]

I'm definitely interested in this roleplay. This class is obviously inspired by rpg tropes, but I hope it can serve as a kinda LFG mechanic (lol) They're the bloodhounds for assembling and raiding. It's range of possibilities due to personal preference coming out of character creation I think would require group scrutiny and GM approval. Although, the restrictions I placed should balance it out. Anyways, thanks for the consideration :D I look forward to this, even if my suggeston isn't accepted.

Class Name: Heroine
Class Description: The versatile Bread and Butter of the group cursed by a lust for adventure and loot with a signature willpower fueled clutch, the Heroine derives her abilities from her original personality.
Minor Skills
Unique Weapon Mastery: The Heroine is a master of her unique weapon, a reflection of her personality, and gains a distinct advantage over those without weapon mastery.

Equip Pack: Come prepared or go home. The Heroine has tools for a variety of situations. Switching items takes time based on the item. Items may vary based on individual Heroines. The number of items able to be carried and speed of switching items scales with level. You may only have one type of each item, but you can level one item for more uses or better effects every level. The pack starts with 5 slots, but gains one slot every 3 levels. Items are chosen at start.

Potion * Got an ailment? Heroines manage to carry something for your woes. This remedy has a beneficial effect for a party member or Heroine. The effect is chosen at character creation, and must be approved in OOC. Single use per day at lvl 1.
Chosen's Garments * Piece of Armor or clothing endowed with a defensive bonus or magical enchantment chosen at character creation, and approved in OOC. Levels bonus effects.
Magic Flask * Questionable concoctions from a hermit in a hole, that inflicts a variety of debilitating status effect for the enemy, chosen at character creation, and approved in OOC.
Support Accessory * A unique accessory or artifact with a unique power chosen at character creation, and approved in OOC. Single use per day at lvl 1.
Escape Rope * Will allow one other person besides the Heroine to escape a dungeon. This can be used once per dungeon. (This item cannot lvl up)
Camping Gear * The Heroine turns full host to accommodate her party on their travels. (Takes up two slots). Leveling this item makes it able to accommodate more party members.
Magic Map * It may or may not be correct, and the Heroine may or may not be able to read the language it's in, but she payed a lot of coin for it, so its going to be used no matter what. Leveling this item makes it more accurate in helping navigate dungeons. At lvl 1, it is hardly reliable, and may lead you into a trap.
Heart Piece * A token or memento, that if gifted to another PC, will allow them to communicate telepathically. Can only be gifted once. Can gain a variety of other small bonus effects if the other character holding it levels up, and as long as they choose to remember the Heroine.
Chest Key * Who would the hero be without a handy key to open some chests? This key can open any chest in a dungeon, but can only be used once per dungeon. Leveling this item allows for more uses.
Cursed Mirror * The Heroine looks into the mirror, but only sees her shadow self. This item will replace the Heroine with her Shadow Self, who is just as strong as the Heroine, but allows the Heroine temporary respite from combat. The Shadow Self will remain out for 30 seconds, but leveling it will grant it more time.
Bokomo Flute * Summons some Bokomos (giant flightless birds made of harmless smoke) for your party to ride. Can only be used once per day. Leveling this item allows this item to be used more often.

Medium Skills
Tip of the Spear: Will be the first to draw blood with an impassioned strike that can stun enemies. (If attack follows stealth attack, this attack is increased. If immediately followed by a berserker, lancer, brawler or warrior attack, their attacks are increased.)

Fairy Fervor: Rallies the team with a call to action that allows allies to push past their injuries and fight on harder. All allies of the Heroine will receive a Defense reduction, and the amount of damage reduced is scaled with level.
Major Skills
Power of Will: Based on the individual Heroine, this power is uniquely charged by their creative personality. The Heroine will likely feel the need to name the signature move and declare it before use. Heroines that have not self-actualized will not have access to this ability. Use of this ability pushes them past their limits and requires a minimum of at least 48 hours of rest after utilizing. The way the ability will scale will also be unique.

Last edited:
I'm definitely interested in this roleplay. This class is obviously inspired by rpg tropes, but I hope it can serve as a kinda LFG mechanic (lol) They're the bloodhounds for assembling and raiding. It's range of possibilities due to personal preference coming out of character creation I think would require group scrutiny and GM approval. Although, the restrictions I placed should balance it out. Anyways, thanks for the consideration :D I look forward to this, even if my suggeston isn't accepted.

Class Name: Heroine
Class Description: The versatile Bread and Butter of the group cursed by a lust for adventure and loot with a signature willpower fueled clutch.
Minor Skills
Dungeon Hunter: Through connections, they know where the dungeons are at, and their magnetic zeal will quickly attract party members.

Equip Pack: Come prepared or go home. The Heroine has tools for a variety of situations. Switching items takes time based on the item. Items may vary based on individual Heroines. Can carry up to 3 items with the Camping Gear, or 5 without.
Heroine's Weapon * A unique weapon or artifact with close, medium, or even long ranged capability. They have mastery of this weapon type (provided it's a weapon and not a magical artifact or treasure), but would lose against another PC with mastery of the same weapon type.
Potion * Got an ailment? Heroines manage to carry something for your woes. The limited supply allows for one a day. The Heroine can be stingy.
Chosen's Garments * Armor or clothing endowed with a defensive bonus.
Magic Flask * Questionable concoctions from a hermit in a hole, they inflict a variety of debilitating status effects (such as sleep, or poison). They, like the potions, are limited to once per day.
Support Accessory * A unique accessory or artifact with a unique buff for your allies. One use per day.
Escape Rope * Will allow one other person besides the Heroine to escape a dungeon. This can be used once per dungeon. (I hope this is okay as an exception to your rule).
Camping Gear * The Heroine turns full host to accommodate her party on their travels.
Map * It may or may not be correct, and the Heroine may or may not be able to read the language it's in, but she payed a lot of coin for it, so its going to be used no matter what.
Heart Piece * A token or memento, that if gifted to another PC, will allow them to communicate telepathically. Can only be gifted once.

Medium Skills
Tip of the Spear: Will be the first to draw blood with an impassioned strike that can stun enemies. (If attack follows stealth attack, this attack is doubled. If immediately followed by a berserker, lancer, brawler or warrior attack, their attacks are doubled.)

Uncanny Luck: Will arrive just in the nick of time to save an ally from a serious blow. Can use once per day.
Major Skills
Power of Will: Based on the individual Heroine, this power is uniquely charged by their creative personality. The Heroine will likely feel the need to name the signature move and declare it before use. Heroines that have not self-actualized will not have access to this ability. Use of this ability pushes them past their limits and requires a minimum of at least 48 hours of rest after utilizing.
Thank you for expressing interest, however, I would like to hold off on considering this character until I have a cast of players. While I could render my own judgement, I prefer to give the players a voice in decisions like these. I've already gotten the 25 base classes created, and I'm currently going over every class with my friends to make sure they are fair and unique classes.

From my own personal opinion, I think the class you designed is interesting in that it has a lot of effects that have a limited use. It actually reminds me of the magic girl class. However, I could never accept this as a base class on the sheer fact of it being too complex. As a custom class to be introduced, I think this kind of craziness is acceptable because everyone in the group can work to make sure they find it acceptable. The one thing I'd definitely recommend if you intend to introduce this class is to avoid finite language. Every skill you have needs to be able to scale with your level. Also, as a GM, I'd prefer players to not know the locations of dungeons, as it makes it painful when we don't have one lined up, as the only realistic way to maintain this power is to pretend all the dungeons are really far away if one isn't ready.

Also, thank you for your patience. I've felt under the weather, so it took me a while to muster the concentration to type this response. The interest check should be up some time tomorrow, so look forward to it.

Thank you for expressing interest, however, I would like to hold off on considering this character until I have a cast of players. While I could render my own judgement, I prefer to give the players a voice in decisions like these. I've already gotten the 25 base classes created, and I'm currently going over every class with my friends to make sure they are fair and unique classes.

From my own personal opinion, I think the class you designed is interesting in that it has a lot of effects that have a limited use. It actually reminds me of the magic girl class. However, I could never accept this as a base class on the sheer fact of it being too complex. As a custom class to be introduced, I think this kind of craziness is acceptable because everyone in the group can work to make sure they find it acceptable. The one thing I'd definitely recommend if you intend to introduce this class is to avoid finite language. Every skill you have needs to be able to scale with your level. Also, as a GM, I'd prefer players to not know the locations of dungeons, as it makes it painful when we don't have one lined up, as the only realistic way to maintain this power is to pretend all the dungeons are really far away if one isn't ready.

Also, thank you for your patience. I've felt under the weather, so it took me a while to muster the concentration to type this response. The interest check should be up some time tomorrow, so look forward to it.
Oh okay, no worries ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.