Caldwell's Academy of Magical Talents- IC-Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Before anyone asks- NO. No you cannot use it to talk to anyone on Earth because it will not reach that far. We are in a different Solar System than the Milky Way." 'Solar system indeed... the Milky Way is a galaxy!' she thought to herself. Adella bit her tongue to hold back a laugh, but the more she tried to restrain her laughter, the more imperative it became to let it out. A small giggle finally escaped her lips and she held a dainty hand to her mouth to try to hush it. She kept up her giggling as the headmistress continued her speech and handed out the strange looking boxes.

"I see that Adella has found something quite funny. Perhaps you would like to share it with the rest of us?" Lady Violetta spoke as she carefully sat a box on her desk. She had the feeling that she had a lot to explain to this very knowledgeable young lady. But will the others understand it? She will have to chance it.

Her cheeks turned rosy as her last giggle turned into a polite cough. Pushing back her chair, she stood next to her desk, clasped her hands in front of her and smiled politely at Lady Violetta. She was also careful to bite her cheek to keep from bursting out into giggles again. "The Milky Way is a galaxy, madam." She looked down at her cloth slippered toes and wiggled them.

"Very true, Adella. But do you know of The Vortex? It connects to this galaxy from time to time. My planet of Sanctuary will swing out of it's orbit and slide into the Earth's orbit for only a few weeks twice a year. That is the only time that I will be able to receive any messages from Earth and the reason why I have not read your parents e-mail. Mpst likelly it will be there when I log on tonight." Lady Violetta drew the solar system in the air for all to see.

"Next week we will not be able to contact anyone in this area for 5 months. Have I explained this well enough for you to understand? More will come in your third year here." Lady Violetta stepped back from the drawing.

Liam just looked at the PLT and got to work. He did is info and started to look through the others.

Desired Name: Liam Anderson
Talents: Air, Earth and Fire.
Likes: Sunsets, sunrises, animals, drawing, writing, practicing my skills.
Dislikes: Disrespect.
Chosen Career: I don't know yet
Ranking system: Newbie...I guess.

Liam finished and went to chose his bet. Something stood out for the Golden Lion. He couldn't keep his eyes on it. He clicked the Golden Lion but the thing is, something made him click it..like some spell or something. He clicked it and it chose it for him. Soon, his head began to sting..."Damn it..." he said to himself. But it went away. He looked up and looked at Lady Violetta, they looked eye to eye of each other..she knew something was different about him. He looked away quickly and stared at his PLT and just browesed.

Resuming her seat after correcting the teacher, Adella curiously inspected the box on her desk and opened it cautiously. She removed the papers, stacked them next to the box, and set her hands where the prints had been. There was a soft hum and a glow that almost tickled her palms and then she could use the computer. Pulling up the questionnaire, she filled out the fields as expected and submitted it. Next she opened the document containing the pet list. She browsed the list in dismay.

Zack just tried to ignore the blatant display by Liam. There was enough drama when Louise had pointed it out and Liam snapped back at her. Not that Lady Violetta had done much about it. Only nullified his creation and spoke sharply at each of the two before continuing. Momentarily a box was placed in front of Zack and a short while after each student opened up their boxes, removed sheets of film and pressing hands to the PLTs to register auras and filled in the questionnaire. He had found it particularly dull and continued to fill it out in a not very serious manner.

Adella then with a giggle, spoke something he didn't really catch. Something that he supposed wasn't that important until the, very detailed map of the Milky way, was drawn in mid air. It didn't capture his fascination for too long though. As he continued to the Pet List. He clicked through each of the creatures listed, scanning through their description and finally decided on a bird. A Tweeter to be exact. A small, yellow bird that he thought would be truly useful whilst also being low maintenance.

Lady Violetta was beginning to feel like she was not making any head way in her lecture so she decided to change her plans.

"I have decided to take you to the floor where the bedrooms are located. After that you may mingle about and find your own way around the school with the help of your PLTs. Please be sure to report to the dining room for lunch with your PLTs. After we eat, we will go to the stores where you may buy the items that you need for class as well as for your pet.
Please follow me to the Spiral Stairway and do as I do. I will not be slow in this demonstration so be quick about it." she spoke rather harshly and picked up her belongings before she left the room.

"For those who are here, listen carefully so you can pass the information along to the ones who are lagging behind.
The Castle is sentient and so are every little item here, including the PLTs, the doors, you name it and it is sentient. I made the Castle and items that way because I can not be everywhere. You will not be allowed to have servants and will be required to keep your rooms neat and tidy.
To go to any level, just place your hands on the banister raill then either speak or think which floor you want to be. You will then float upwards in a spiral motion to the named floor." Lady Violetta spoke then placed her hands on the banisters.
"Students bedroom floor, please."
Lady Violetta flaoted up into the air and around in a circle until she could no longer be seen for she was on the student's bedroom floor.

Joanis had finally arrive at the Academy after a rather long trip, one that would most likely see him one of the last to arrive. He walked with a slight spring in his step towards the Academy doors, his eyes almost instantly focusing on the picture beside them. A few long moments later Joanis was close enough to see that the picture had words written across it in clear print, and no lack of elegance. "Welcome to ... Magical Arts... Touch to enter.." He mumbled to himself as he read the words. A half smile worked its way onto his face, the wait had finally come to an end. He raised his left hand up to the picture and without hesitation pressed his palm flat against it.

Moments later Joanis formed on the other side of the portal, eyes wide and breath taken from his lungs. He shook his head and regained his composure, but that changed once he noticed there was no one there to greet him, or to even look at. It was empty, or so it seemed. He made his was towards a two seated lounge on the far side of the room and placed his duffle bag on the ground near his feet. "It would probably be awhile before anyone showed up." He thought to himself, wanting to take this time to write down a few notes on the portal. He reached into his duffle bag and pulled a worn leather journal and a pen, waiting patiently he began writing each and every detail about the portal and the way it worked.

Louise listened then walked over and placed her hands on the banisters.
"Students bedroom floor, if you would, please."
She then floated up until she was on the student's bedroom floor. She looked around and whistled. "Wow its nice. " she found a room with big windows and went inside, setting her stuff down.

'Oh thank goodness,' Adella thought as she gripped the straps of her carpetbag tightly and lugged it out from under her desk. Her mind was not on her studies, and the sooner she set up her room and felt at home, the sooner that would improve. She quickly packed up her PLT into her carpetbag and trotted behind Lady Violetta and Louise to the banister. Juggling the carpetbag in her arms, she managed to set her hands on the banister and repeated the words both ladies had said before her.

"The students' bedroom floor, please."

In seconds she was airborne and twirling up to said floor. She crossed her ankles together and held her skirt close to her body with her carpetbag, suddenly realizing it probably was not a smart move to ascend before the boys. As she stepped lightly onto the floor, she said a quick "Thank you" to the banister and joined Lady Violetta.

Zack followed the rest of the students and the lady, his PLT tucked under his arm and his staff raised and resting on the other shoulder. He wasn't sure if he was at all happy about the whole sentient business. It technically meant that they would always be watched, dozens of figurative eyes on them at any one moment. He pulled a face at the mental image of tons of boogily eyes staring at him. They soon reached stairs and Violetta explained how it works, before being whisked away by them.

The two girls quickly followed after, disappearing upwards from his gaze. As the stairs settled, he mounted them as well, repeating the previous phrase and zooming upwards. Finally he reached the student's floor and he stepped off, eyeing the stairs quickly to see if it retracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.