Calamity Crater: New Frontier

A

Anglkate

Original poster
The Backstory

40 years ago a great epidemic took over the world and life as we knew it changed. The epidemic swept quickly through cities and countries killing many in its path. People's fear of mortality and the sudden onset of the epidemic were a volatile mix and lead to our near extinction. Peace was found and eventually a cure, but the population was greatly diminished and our world became a harsh place to live in. Radiation from epidemic war had greatly damaged our lands and mutated some of the animals. Making life outside the 'cities' dangerous if alone. Those humans remaining were forced to live within domed bubbles to sustain their own life in an artificial world, but with Big Brother always watching.

Despite having the domed cities, only those of the more privileged class were able to live within the comfort/safety of these domes. Those who are less privileged were forced outside the comfort of the domes and cut off from the technologies, forced to live in a more 'old west' style lifestyle. This new frontier is a dangerous one. People don't live for the future, they live day by day. Outside the assistance of Big Brother, people in the new frontier are forced to take law into their own hands. Each of the frontier towns has their own sheriff who heads a small law-enforcement team. This is the new wild west where hope may be slim but it can sometimes be the only thing keeping humanity on the new frontier going.

The Setting

Welcome to Calamity Crater, a down in the dumps new frontier town that mixes the old west with the noire style broken city. Set within one of the many deep craters created from the epidemic war, it is a secluded town that brings back memories of the old Wild West with entertainment (saloons) and gambling and raw survival. To survive in Calamity Crater you can't be weak of soul. Sin and corruption is not something that anyone in the city is afraid to commit. It's a dog eat dog world after all.

The Plot

Recently there have been a string of horrific murders in Calamity Crater that mirror those of the old Jack the Ripper cases. However these ones aren't just focusing on female prostitutes, and there seems no rhyme or reason for them. The law is doing what they can to find the culprit, but is it enough? Or will the killer not rest until everyone who lives within Calamity Crater is killed?

~~

The Findings

:icon10: The first victim: Mary Nichols located in alley nearby Blue Belle Saloon; time of death thought to be between 10:50-11:00 p.m. Body was found by Clara Belle at 7:35 a.m. Her mouth and throat were slashed ear to ear, and her bowels were splayed open. The police found that her ovaries were both missing and upon the wall was written: The Men that will not be blamed for nothing, shall be the ones at fault; a new cycle beings in Mary's own blood.

CUZ I FORGOT...BIO TIME

Name:
Appearance:
Job:

yup keeping it simple...no required but it's helpful to put a bio to a person for mini reference : D

Name: Castor Creed

Appearance:

View attachment 15853

Job: Scavenger, gunslinger, survivor, mechanic

Name: Jolene Stonewall
Appearance:
42b19b481d_87104513_o2.jpg

Job: Blacksmith's Apprentice

Name: Jake Caine (Also tends to respond to "Slick")
Appearance:
JakeCaine.jpg

Job: Hired Gun, Hired Hand, Cattle Runner, and Bounty Hunter when the times are rough.

Name: Malene Dumant

Appearance:
View attachment 15858

Job: Fisher woman, chef

Name:
Darsheena Deerheart

Appearance:
Youthful image, dark brown eyes, tan skin, full shapely lips, 5' 5" in height. Petite lady, small bosom, hourglass figure hidden in loose materials. Wears traditional Native American clothing and often is seen with the headdress in the picture, along with face paint. She'll change the make-up on her face for spiritual sessions when the sick visit her. Always wearing a lot of necklaces, bracelets, rings and anklets, too.

Job:
Medicine woman/spiritual healer

Name: Kota Douglass
Appearance: Kota is small and lanky almost to the point of androgyny. She has a round, child-like face with large brown eyes and a smattering of freckles across her upturned nose. Her strawberry blond hair is cut short, level with her jaw and stands out in wild wisps around her head. She is constantly bruised, banged up, and bandaged. She has a preference for wearing denim cutoffs with boots, layered t-shirts, and vests with lots of pockets filled with trinkets she finds.
Job: Scavenger, tinkerer

Name: Orton "Auto" Reiland
Appearance:
View attachment 15938
Job: The fastest draw you'll never see.

Name: Andrea "Ray" Gunner
Appearance:
Dark brown hair, nearly black. Her eyes are a green specked with hazel. She's tall for a woman, a little over six foot, and lean but muscular. Her build still suggests femininity, but it's a little more subtle.
View attachment 16657
Job: Sheriff of Calamity Crater

Name: Castor Creed

Appearance:

2005_devil's_rejects_005.jpg

Job: Scavenger, gunslinger, survivor, mechanic

Name: Jake Caine (Also tends to respond to "Slick")
Appearance:
JakeCaine.jpg

Job: Hired Gun, Hired Hand, Cattle Runner, and Bounty Hunter when the times are rough.

Name: Malene Dumant

Appearance:
raibeVore.jpg

Job: Fisher woman, chef

Name: Kota Douglass
Appearance: Kota is small and lanky almost to the point of androgyny. She has a round, child-like face with large brown eyes and a smattering of freckles across her upturned nose. Her strawberry blond hair is cut short, level with her jaw and stands out in wild wisps around her head. She is constantly bruised, banged up, and bandaged. She has a preference for wearing denim cutoffs with boots, layered t-shirts, and vests with lots of pockets filled with trinkets she finds.
Job: Scavenger, tinkerer

few more posts and i'll start weaving the web for our killer >3

Name:
Darsheena Deerheart

Appearance:
Youthful image, dark brown eyes, tan skin, full shapely lips, 5' 5" in height. Petite lady, small bosom, hourglass figure hidden in loose materials. Wears traditional Native American clothing and often is seen with the headdress in the picture, along with face paint. She'll change the make-up on her face for spiritual sessions when the sick visit her. Always wearing a lot of necklaces, bracelets, rings and anklets, too.

Job:
Medicine woman/spiritual healer

Digging this game already, seeing so many possible plot advancing character interactions...we have a nice mix.

You guys are kick ass. Can't wait to read the rest of the intro posts.

*waits patiently* i get to plot a muuuuurder *sing song voice*

^^

I too am excited! especially since this originally was just a silly spur of the moment plot idea brewed in the cbox outta boredom haha

Name: Reilan "Auto" Orton
Appearance:
DTTG003cvr_col.JPG
Job: The fastest draw you'll never see.

waiting on octo-bear to reply before i do

I'll get a post up tonight.

oh yeah keep an eye on the first post i'll be putting updates as we go along about our murder victims ^^

aaaand I'd like for the body to NOT be found right away please...so no one go stumbling upon it just yet. Probably by morning it will be observed i'd guess

Posted so I won't have to listen to Danny bitch in the morning.

jk/jk <3 you Danny.

Is it about bed time(-skip) for our characters?

anyone else got stuff to post for the night? I'll be wrapping up this intro and moving to the next day

I am working on a post to mvoe things along to next day!

also....I am looking for someone who would want to play the local sheriff! >.> unless ya'll wanted me to play him but i'd like him to be a playable charrie!

any takers? or anyone know anyone who would be liking to play a role like that? : D

need some lead detectives here now that we have ourselves a murder >3