Caissa's Gambit

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nah, it's okay. Just hurts a bit." He pokes himself in the head. "All a matter of perspective, dear Ness." He teases, in a more stereotypical, almost cartoonish accent.

"Perspective"? Vanessa scrunched her nose. "Well MY perspective says you're the odd one." She traded right back. "Do you need some kind of medicine to help the pain? We can stop somewhere and get something if you want." Vanessa reached for a slice of pizza. "This! This is really good!!" Ness practically gulped the pizza down in one bite. "Why have I never had this before??"

"Nah, somethings up with my arm. I think I slammed it or something.. been creaking on me all morning.." He holds up a hand and wiggles his fingers, and by the way they crack its apparent that his little stunt with the fork aggravated a fracture from when he'd fought the other technician.

Vanessa nodded her head and suppressed a shiver. "You'll have to take a look at that once we get back." Ness turned on the radio, but kept it low, so they could still talk if necessary. She then cleared her throat before speaking again. "How about when we get there, you show me where you stay? I'd like to see it!" She paused for a moment before continuing. "That is...if its ok.."

"Definitely. You may want to leave me be for that one, it's a bit of a gorey process." He grimaces and sticks his tongue out, holding in a wince when it crackles again. "Yeah, I gotta not move that arm right now..but yes, if you don't mind cluttered messes."

Vanessa smiled brightly, a truly genuine smile. "I don't mind at all!!" The girl bit her bottom lip, thinking she was being to enthusiastic. "Sorry.." A silly giggle slipping out. "Maybe that came off a bit strong?" Her shoulders came up in a shrug as she took another turn. "Do you work tomorrow?"

"Hmm? I'm on a bit of a feline schedule. Y'know, whatever I want, whenever I want, my own pace. Quite nice, really, jus' as long as I keep busy on something and give them results. Upside of bein' a bunked experiment is they gotta keep me happy enough to stay quiet." Chess snorts, pulling the false arm in a bit and leaning back into the seat. He was feeling a bit sleepy and rambly, and even if he was less so the ..flirtation? flew right over his head. He'd never understood it, actually.

The girl nodded her head and kept driving. She didn't work tomorrow. It was her day off. She was probably gonna spend her time with her mom or something. "You getting tired?" Ness looked over at Chess as they pulled into the garage. "Where am I supposed to park this beautiful thing?"

((im not gonna lie i got back from a party last night and it might be a few more hours till i finish sobering up so please please please forgive any silly errors >w<))

Chess directs her to the same exact parking place it was in before, deciding that the reprimanding wouldn't be worth mixing up the cars.

"Probably jus' gonna watch another movie while I fix this thing. I'm not very good at the whole 'sleeping' thing." He says light-heartedly, gingerly stepping out of the car. He's not terribly steady for a minute and has to brace himself on the wall.

Vanessa parked the car and went to get out just as Chess steadied himself on the wall. "Are you ok?" She walked over and tried to wedge herself between his arm and side, maybe she could help him to where he stayed. "Are you sure you won't sleep? I think you could use some." Ness gave a concerned sigh. "You may be part machine...but you're also human...and humans need sleep."

"Hah, I'll try." Chess wasn't sure if it was the mechanical parts themselves, or the strange, looming dreams. They weren't always bad, but there was a level of realness to them that was simply disturbing. Maybe he was simply reliving the memories, though.

"I'll be fine. Just a bit wonky right now. Been trying a new design on my hand and clearly it was a dud." He says with another snort. Too thin on the fibers, he notes to himself, wondering what on earth he'd even done to it.

((I promise to get a reply to you by late Thursday night/ Friday morning!! I'm sorry! I'm just so busy with work and this play I'm in. I hope you understand!!))

((dude dont worry bout a thing~i hope they go well!!!!))

Vanessa furrowes her eyebrows together. All this experimentation he did on himself can't be at all very good, but she kept her mouth shut. After all, it really wasn't any of her business. The garage was so empty! It seemed so sad when nobody was hustling about. Like an abandoned beehive. The girl was sure there were people still about, by the few vehicles that were still here, but not nearly as many as during business hours. "So, where do you stay? I know there are a few showers, but I never noticed any bedding outside of individual offices." The girl was really excited about seeing where Chess lived. It may give her an insight on more of who he is as a person...as well as his other self, Doe.

Chess leads Ness (ahhahahahaha) down to the lower levels, scanning a card at a seemingly innocuous door and stating his security clearance level - there were only three levels people at Ness' status would know about, and a total of six plus a master clearance card. Chess had master clearance himself, and almost the entire facility was his to explore . The card itself was programmed to fail on a single door to an evidence locker, but he had yet to find it.

They take an elevator down a seemingly impossible number of floors, going straight to the bottom. It's pleasantly cool and there's something very sterile about the stark gray of the walls. It's almost like a line of dorms at a college, if a bit lifeless. "There are five floors of dorms. It fills from top to bottom unless you request a lower level room. I'm currently the only one down here, and it's pretty peaceful." There's a certain calm to his smile and he seems a bit relieved to be back.

"Fair warning, it's cluttered." He chuckles as he opens the door, and cluttered it was. Not so much trash, but a few schematics spread out on the floor, some dvds on his bed which was on the right side of the room, opposite of a rather nice tv and gaming set up next to a computer desk. A workbench well stocked with tools and materials and a small drafting table are next to his bed. The only section of the wall not covered by movie posters is another door, leading to his bathroom. There seems to be a minifridge under the computerdesk and the room still manages to have a fair amount of space - at least he was well taken care of in this department.

Chesshire sits at his workbench moves a little mechanical cricket, which hops a few times and lands on his bed - not an invention so much as a little toy he made for himself. He pulls out tweezers and several other delicate looking tools, a scalpel, and a sewing kit. "I'm, ah, going to do the thing. With my hand. Uhm. You might want to look away, it's a bit. Odd." He sputters a bit, expertly cutting into the fake skin as pearlescent blue fluid mixes with viscous black and spills over. "Ah, fuck." He hisses and has to staunch it with a towel for a few minutes. "Tubing got nicked by a shard from my thumb.."

Vanessa made sure to stay close to Chess as they moved down into the dorms. She was going to have to make a note of this place in case she ever got evicted from her apartment. Of course, she made plenty of money interning here, so that was a very unlikely thing to happen. The color scheme was so...boring. She would definitly need to do some chances if that were to happen. A question of clearance came to Nessa's mind and she wondered just how much Chess had. It must be really high and Ness didn't really understand..but then again, there was a lot that Nessa was in the dark about, just as Doe said.

"Oh...your room isn't THAT bad! It's really homey." She liked the clutter to his room. It made her feel at home. The girl took a seat on the edge of his bed and looked around the room, taking in everything. "What is-" The girl gasped in surprise as something..a cricket? Jumped onto the bed next to her. "What is this?" The girl gingerly touches the instrument, making sure not to press to hard so she doesn't mess anything up. "It's pretty nifty!" Her words faded as saw some blue liquid spills onto the desk. "You..ok?" She stood to her feet and moved closer to Chess to have a look at what he was doing. It was all so fascinating! "Do you need any help? I'm not much of a mechanic...but there might be something I could do?"

"Oh shit. Uhm. Can you get a towel for me?" He wrestles with a bit of tubing and clamps it off. The fluids are lubricants and can be replaced easily, but they can mess up the seams and joints if they spill too much. "The, ah, arm was very strong. Still is, but had no sense of dexterity. I've been trying to rework it to be a bit steadier, more...fuck..." He stops to focus on getting a few metal splinters out of a knuckle. "More graceful. I don't see the use of having a fighting arm. Don't like it at all, unless its for show."

Status
Not open for further replies.