Caissa's Gambit

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yeah..me neither. When I first woke up. I mean, when I realized that I was alive an' whatnot, I split. Snuck out a window and hitchhiked over, and this was where I went. Heavy winter, though, and the cold caused everything to kind of short circuit...and I woke up back in my dorm." The stress of the memory pangs in his head, and there's a voice or an instinct - its too fuzzy to tell, but it just says to stop thinking, stop the girl, turn the car around. Go home. He's lucky it hits him when they pull into the parking lot, because it hits him like a suckerpunch and he curls forward, only snapping out of it when he accidentally knocks against the horn and spooks himself. "Word of advice, microchips and brains don't mix."

(chess is a big dumb baby and he tries to armadillo when he's uncomfortable and hasnt attempted conversation like this in maaaaybe a few months? but if she pushes a lot in the restaurant he'd probably have a mild outburst. like, not break anything and he wouldn't attack her, just get really snarly and itd probably just look like he was being a prickly asshole hehehe)

Vanessa listened in silence. His story, no mater how vague, was interesting... to say the least. As they pulled in, something seemed wrong with Chess. He seemed in pain, almost. Fear suddenly began to course through Vanessa's body as he slumped forward. She instinctively touch his forearm but retracted as soon as he came to, her eyebrows furrowing in concern. "Are you ok??" It was very evident that Vanessa was worried. Did this happen often?

((Don't worry XD I actually had plans of something along the lines of pushing SOME kind of boundary..just to keep it a little bit interesting))

(oh yes~ fair warning when i say he can't function i really do mean it, he's like 21 or 22, has the social abilities of a ten year old, and a naturally scary high IQ further pumped up by technological fuckery. then add superstrength in one arm, enough gadgets packed into a false eye that essentially gives him all the tracking capabilities of Predator, and a faulty control program that took the anger and several years of trauma and sorted it into another personality instead of deleting it. i really cant wait to see how Nessa handles him~~~))

"Y-yeah. I'm. I. F-fuck...just give me a minute." He leans back in the seat and cranes his neck back. Theres a slight sheen of sweat on his furrowed brow, eyes screwed shut.

After a minute or two he relaxes enough to look at her, frowning a bit. "Sorry. I kind of do that w-whenever I, ah, get too introspective, if it makes sense. Ah, c'mon. We should go in. I need comfort food, quick." The warm thoughts seem to be soothing enough to get a smile out of him.

Vanessa nodded her head silently before getting out of the vehicle and following Chess into the building. She pulled her jacket up around her neck as a gust of wind blew past. "I love the snow...but this cold." A shiver ran down her spine just as she entered the building behind Chess. It was nice and warm and the place seemed really cozy. Vanessa loved it!! "I can already tell its gonna be delicious! The girl practically bounced as she brushed past Chess, reaching for his left hand, and headed for a table built for two that was right next to the window.

((Vanessa's kind of a touchy-feely kind of person, even with friends lol She's a small town girl at heart))

Chess wasn't used to being touched in any way , and he stumbled anxiously behind her. It was rather instinctual at this point, having only been manhandled at best before, and he tried to squirm away before breaking away to sit down. "I. uh. Sorry. I'm not good with, uhm. Touching."

((oh hell get used to it as long as it stays unthreatening. it probs wouldn't take a lot for him to turn into a clingy little cuddlebug once he gets used to her hehehe)

((Yay cuddling!!))

Vanessa was almost put off when Chess shied from her, but when he explained himself she didn't think anything else of it. "Your so...shy." She didn't want to use socially inept or anything of the like, soNess ddidn't hurt his feelings. The girl lightly popped her hand on the table. "I like shy people!" Her lips curled into a bright smile. Nessa tilted her head to the side a bit and looked at Chess. "Do you...black out..often? That isn't normal. Have you ever went to the doctor?" Her brow was furrowed a bit.

Chess bites his lip hard enough that the color drains from it. "Don't always know. Sometimes I just stop paying attention for a few minutes and sometimes I wake up and it's three days later. Happens more when I think about it." There's a tremor in his left hand, and he's staring out the window. "So I don't. And how is anything about me normal?" Chess' frustration is clear in his voice, somewhere between pressure building, and self hatred. He wouldn't admit it, but there was very little about him he could really control, and he hated it more than anything.

Vanessa watched him closely, this whole conversation seemed to be upsetting him, but she wanted to learn more about him. In order to try and lighten the mood, Ness gave a little giggle before speaking. "Well...you like pizza and junk food. That seems pretty normal to me." She kept her voice cheerful. "Sooo...what do you do in your free time?" Her hands started to absentmindedly play with her hair. "I think you should see a doctor about blacking out though...that's just my personally opinion."

"I gotta check in with the doc once every other week. He told me it was just the mechanical bits working too quickly for my physical brain. Won't actually damage anything else, just gotta steer clear of whatever triggers them. No fighting, no contact with outside news, no psychoanalysis. No friends." The last one was his own decision. Friends asked questions. Too many of them. They got closer, and closer still, until they found out who he was. They always leave, or vanish.

Chess doesn't realize he's muttered the last bit, and just curls into himself a bit more. The color has almost completely drained from his face. The urging-voice is back, and it's telling him to leave, but he's not sure if he can drive, let alone move as his head bumps down on the table. This time, he doesn't spook himself, and luckily the restaurant is busy enough that no one else notices his behavior.

Vanessa didn't like the words coming out of his mouth. Chess seemed like such a lonely person and it hurt Vanessa to even think of the kind of existence he lived. When he stopped talking, the concern was very apparent on Nessa's face. He looked pale and not a second had passed before he seemed to have passed out on the table. "Chess?" Vanessa stood almost immediately and went to his side, kneeling beside his chare. "Chesshire??" She went to place one hand on his left shoulder and the other to turn his face towards her. "Are you ok?" There was something almost like hysteria hiding in her voice.

"Mmfine. Just getting a headache.. I do the armadillo thing a lot." He forces a smile, cracking an eye open. His whole body tenses when she first touches him, but something about the way she's cradling his head, the concern in her voice, actually manages to calm him down. Chess actually goes a bit pink as he realizes how childish he's feeling, and he leans back up before a waiter can come over.

Ness couldn't help but almost laugh when Chess starts to blush. "Oh! Chess! Look at you." She takes her seat across from him. "Your blushing." She whispers just as the waiter comes up and asks what they'll have to drink. "I'll just have some water." Vanessa chips in with cheer. "Gotta stay hydrated." Her smile was bright once more, but the girl was keeping a VERY close eye on Chess, even without realizing it herself.

Chess gets even brighter red and his cheeks puff up in a pout. "Oi, oi! I'm noooot!"

"I'll have a cup of tea, please." He tells the waiter. "...That is the most British thing I've said all day, innit..."

(hehehe she's in the safe zone again c; and whats nessa's body type like? you'd mentioned not skinny but is she like, average, or chubby, or a wee bit curvy?)

(( She's on the shorter size 5'4" or so and she's curvy/borderline chubby, but super adorable!! She's extremely comfortable in her own skin))

"Now now...Chess..no pouting." If Vanessa knew Chess better she would have tapped his bottom lip,but she had only just met him, so she ddidn't. Instead, Ness nodded her head, curls bouncing "Very British. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were sophisticated or something." Nessa gave a wink as she teased Chess.

The waiter left to get there drinks and Olivia pipped up again. "So...what's your last name?" She crossed her legs and put her head on her hands, her elbows resting on the table.

((ahhh she's teensy~! he's around 5' 10'. also holy hell im fairly sure i found a gif that sums up our characters rn :I http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw0rarkEYo1qio1zh.gif)

Chess kind of loses it a bit and breaks into a giggle. "I'm technically supposed to be a Doe but I went with Liddell. Got a bit of a soft spot for Alice in Wonderland, y'know?"

((That it tooooo good!! I frickin LOVE that movie :p))

"Soooooo....Chesshire Liddell..oh, thank you" Vanessa smiled up at the waiter as he set down their glasses. "Are you two ready to order?" The waiter asked respectively as he looked to Vanessa first and than Chess.

"You can decide," Nessa smiled to Chess. "You wanted to come here...besides, I wanna know what kind of pizza you enjoy!!" She giggled to herself and started playing with her curls as the waiter waited for Chess' answer.

((Lottie is so fucking perfect omfg and jus t eVANGELINE))

"You must admit, I'm a mysterious asshole skulking about a strange world, guiding an unsuspecting little blonde girl into a world of monsters, mayhem, and strange new realities.. One must only replace the surreal with science." He smirks, feeling rather proud of himself for the allegory. He may be a heavy gamer, and a bit obsessed with some tv shows, but he was still very well read. "Chicago style, extra cheese, please." He told the waiter, and thanked him before he left the table. "It's the cheesiest thing imaginable and it is humanly...cyborgly?..impossible to feel bad after eating it."

Vanessa's blue eyes went wide and she stared at Chess for a moment. "What if I'm lactose intolerant?" There was a moment of silence before Ness giggled and shook her head. "I'm just kidding." She gently touched Chess' hand only for a moment before she shook her head and rolled her eyes at herself. "I'm not really lactose intolerant.." Ness knew it really wasn't a funny joke, but she thought it was the funniest thing in the world. "It sounds delicious!!" She said in a sing song voice before tapping the table with her forefingers, acting almost as if they were drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.