臥茶葉 藏咖啡豆 (Café Wuxia)

18 dragon subduing palms are mine. Just saying. Don't want to have to kill anyone.

... That's fine Panda. I'm not going approve bios whose fighting styles look overpowered because 1) It defeats some of the dramatic flair in wuxia 2) It goads other players into beefing up their bios and the bio section is not where the pissing contests should be held.

Also, in my regular non-GM voice: LEARN SOME GODDAMN RESTRAINT.

I really AM a huge FOTNS Fan.

But, for the RP's sake, I'll tone things down, if it seems too powerful for this storyline. I wouldn't want to ruin this awesome idea. D:

EDIT: Currently in the process of a more fitting character. I just finished some editing, but I think I may be able to do more. Suggestions are appreciated.

Finished my Bio. Do i receive a stamp of approval?

Name: Zhang Menglong
Wuxia Name: "The Blade Without Technique"
Employed by: Eight Lucky Sparrows
Fighting Style & Philosophy:

Zhang Menglong utilizes the art of the Dugu Nine Swords, a fighting style that, as its name suggests revolves around the usage of swords.

His philosophy in fighting turns away from anything that speaks of 'natural talent/genius'. He believes that to achieve anything one must put in hard work first, for even natural genius is nothing compared to one who has put in more effort - He believes that even a diamond will remain rough and ugly until it is polished.

For the first twenty years of his life, Zhang Menglong walked the plains using a plain longsword - This was to train the basics of his swordsmanship, building a foundation so strong that it will be unshakable and unforgettable no matter what other skills he learns plainly due to the long time he has spent training with it.

For the next ten years, until he was thirty he used a flexible blade, one that would coil and spring against another and it's tip snapped back and forth, forever unpredictable when it came to thrusts. Through this, Menglong learnt to control every part of the blade - He eliminated unnecessary movements, instead directing the efforts to increasing the accuracy of his strikes.

After the flexible blade, Menglong trained using a heavy metal claymore. This was to increase the power behind his strikes, as he used this sword that was usually held with two hands in one, training by striking against waves and repelling rocks underneath waterfalls.

And finally, the Pinnacle of Hard Work - The Pinnacle of his Swordsmanship's training begins at this point. From the age of forty onwards, he will use no sword. The training over these years have given him a more than adequate grasp over his stores of internal energy. The Pinnacle of Swordsmanship, that the art he follows states that one must refine his internal energy, his chi to the point where he does not require a sword to cut. This will be the hardest phase of his training, but Menglong shows no sign in giving up.

History:

Zhang Menglong was born to a family of martial arts practitioners, who opened up a school and became quite famous in the region of Hebei. However, unlike his many brothers and sisters whom had much skill in martial arts, some who became regarded as geniuses, Menglong showed no talent or even an inclination of martial arts at all. He was clumsy as a child, failing to master the intricate balancing skills and breathing methods his clan's martial arts branched off from and he was cast aside as a hopeless case. In the eyes of his parents, he was considered a bastard. He was treated like an outsider, often 'missed out' when the time for dinner came. All this time Menglong trained quietly, using a cheap longsword of average quality he purchased from the town with money he saved up. He practiced basic strokes, thrusts and trained his stamina, slowly, but surely. He failed many times, falling down when trying to perform a few of the more complicated moves but he got up and he tried again.

One day, his father caught him practicing with the sword - Instead of complimenting his efforts, his father threw him out of the house. He called him a traitor to the family (the clan's style focused on palm and fist strikes) and his name was struck from their will and the family records. With his tears held back and his fist clenched Menglong walked away - This home had never been a home at all for him, so he wasn't going to cry for them. He turned his back on his family and he ventured the lands, meeting many martial artists on his way. He made friends and rivals, but never enemies - He was never one for enemies.

Stumbling upon the tomb of the master swordsman, nicknamed "Demonic Sword" Dugu Xiubai, Menglong perused the literary works regarding his sword style in the cave. Realizing that the first part of his training was similar to what the carvings spoke of, Menglong followed its instructions and he dug up the next sword - The one that coiled and sprung, as a flexible as a whip and he left the cave, to continue his training. With every ten years that came and went, Menglong changed his sword, and it was halfway through his training using the Heavy Claymore, when he heard of his family's downfall.

Apparently, someone had challenged the school and the school had been beaten badly. His father had died from the shock and most of his siblings, those that hadn't been killed during their journeys through the dangerous world of martial arts had been beaten soundly - Some of them had been said to not be able to practice martial arts again, as their chi center had been destroyed.

Menglong, hearing this atrocity returned home to meet the challenger in combat, and the duel went on for hours, the both of them striking back and forth, exchanging wounds with no side about to give ground. Only when the clock struck midnight did Menglong see an opening, and he thrust. The blade went right through his opponent's chest, the heavy blade tearing through flesh, bone and organ - An instant kill.

Although his family had been avenged, Menglong realized that he had challenged the man to a duel not because he wanted to protect his family's honour. He just wanted to prove that hard work amounted to more than whatever natural talent could bring you, and he had just killed to prove a point.

Present:

Menglong currently lives life like a beggar in Hudong, although he does have a respectable amount of money stashed away in the banks. He works for the Eight Lucky Sparrows, helping to make tea and carrying the baskets of tea leaves to and fro the teahouse whenever he is not working on his 'swordless style'.

Appearance:

bodygrds-and-assasins-17.jpg

Character Relation: None as of now.

Note: Seeing as Menglong is starting on his final phase of training and he is restricting himself to not use a sword in combat, his skill level will be equal to everyone here. Unless someone pisses him off enough to make him pick up a sword.

Avatars restricted to for reals peoples? I'm not very good at finding real faces.

I can help you with them, if you want.

drpepper: Good work on your bio. I want to point out to other folk that the description for his distaste for coffee is a good thing to point out about your character. The rivalry has its basis in who prefers to drink what (and modern vs. traditional but that shit's boring). I caught that bit where your character went overseas to Japan. That's fine but remember: This is wuxia, not anime.

Ansatsuken: Very nice job on toning done your bio and extracting some of that Fist of the NorthStarriness from the descriptions. For the purposes of the game, it'll do. Just be mindful about how your character is going to interact with the other players' characters. Same warning goes for you: This is wuxia, not anime.

unanun:
Even with Panda's help, actual photos of people isn't required. As far as using drawn images, the most elaborate you can go before stepping out of bounds would be something like... Hyung Tae Kim's character designs for Blade and Soul.

Panda: ... Don't get a big head about this but excellent job.

ATTN: For those who would like to put detail or more detail into their bios please reference Panda's bio.

- MMO

- Korean MMO

Yeaaaaaaaaaah, I don't think I'll be using anything like that. If I ever (hopefully this weekend? maybe?) to dreaming up a profile the picture will be pretty standard fare.

Id like in on this. if its ok.

Name:
Wan Tao
Wuxia Name:
Employed by: Star Luck

Trained in the art of T'ai Chi Ch'uan and likes to think he can drunken box due to having never lost a fight while drunk. But most onlookers would tell you it was blind luck in him actually managing to land a blow nevermind winning. Fast hands, a sharp eye and an even flow.....when he is sober.
Lazy, quite self centred, over confident, mild womanizer and odd.

History:

Having being raised by his grandfather and never know his parents, his outlook was optimistic for a young boy his age. He had a roof over his head, food in his belly and the old goat taught him kung fu.
That all changed when he turned sixteen. He had sufficiently mastered T'ai Chi Ch'uan off his grandfather who by this point had slowly started to disconnect himself and his teachings from his grandson to allow him to choose his own paths without any added weight or pressure. Seeing the oldman had left him more and more to his own devices he began to take little trips into the nearest town. Each trip became longer and longer and before he knew it he was spenting entire days and weekends there, drinking, womanizing and gambling. Before he knew it he owed several thousand in debt to the local gang and had nothing to show for it.
He was cornered, beaten and given two choices, pay up or taste the boss's blade. He picked pay up and was given two days to come up with the money. Instead he ran and has been on the road ever since.

Present:
After a short stint in prison for theft and pickpocketing (4 years). After wandering from town to town, scraping by and using his fast hands and sharp eye to keep his wallet fat-ish he's found himself sauntering into Hudong. With only clothes he owns on his back and an empty stomach, he is out to make some easy money before his name gets about.

Appearance:
jiang-hu-eric-tsang_b9c97bf1559139a2efd092d0b702214e.jpg

Character Relation:
Dont have a clue since he's new to town, anyone wanna be-friend?

Thanks Koori :) I understand that this isn't anime. He went over seas for a brief period, found the culture to his disliking and came back to China. As big of a fan as I am of anime, I will block all of that out and only keep my Wuxia knowledge. It's actually kinda cool, the martial arts style I chose is one that a buddy of mine actually practices, he also practices three or four more styles, so I have a real reference to my character's fighting style. It will be interesting when we get into some action :)

unanun: JES I KNOW THIS. But considerin' Iwaku's usually 40/50% animuized RPs I know that some folk have more anime pictures than photos of living people, the Blade and Soul artwork is about as animooey-lookin' as you can get before I say, "thefuck?"

Gin: It looks good but reads like it was rushed. Take your time to flesh it out. Your fighting style and philosophy looks a little third-person perspective. How does Wan Tao feel about fighting drunk? What is it about being inebriated that makes his kung fu excel? Does it get better when he's drunk? Or does he just like the taste of alcohol? When he's fighting drunk how does he feel about it? Does it take away his inhibitions, does it give him a clarity during battle?

Thanks. I'll try to make more changes If I can, especially the picture. There ought to be something I can use somewhere…lemme just find the pic.

Name: Qiang Fen Hua (强芬花)
Wuxia Name: Jade Orchid

The harmonious relationship of the tea leaves and the hot water is symbolic of the peace that one must find within themselves. The leaves gradually change the water in to tea not through a single moment or action but through a process. So much one remember that no one action will turn the tide of battle. Nothing can be won unless the effort is applied steadily. One burst will only create wasted tea leaves and, by that coin, wasted energy in battle. Nothing can won unless strategy is in play continuously. Fight with endurance and win half of the battle with your mind alone, planning how to make the best of your abilities and conceal your weaknesses.

History:
The birth of Fen Hua was to be a joyous occasion, for her parents had been nothing short of thrilled when they first discovered the pregnancy. The fortune readers assured them that they would have a baby boy to carry on the trade of the father. From the moment that Fen Hua was born, her mother loved her dearly and insisted to be the first to hold the baby. The midwife announced then that the child was a girl, which her mother seemed to scarcely hear. For her father, however, her birth was a disappointment.

The day after her birth, it was discovered that there was something wrong with Fen Hua's eyes. The baby girl was unable to see and the irises were cloudy gray, instead of the rich brown that her parents both displayed. The child was taken to be cleansed and herbs were applied. Through some miracle, the child regained the ability to see, but her eyes have never changed in color.

When Fen Hua was four years old, her mother became pregnant again and bore a son for the family. The child damaged the mother's body, however, and the baby boy grew to be a sickly child. Her brother, Jin Yun (金云), was doted upon by her father, however, who felt that if he trained the boy to overcome his illness, the boy might still be able to take up his father's trade. While Fen Hua and Jin Yun got along well together, she was always vying for her father's attention.

Finally, when she was about twelve years of age, Fen Hua gave up on trying to best her brother when it seemed that he would outgrow his illness. Her mother felt sorry for her daughter that her husband was so caught up in trying to prune his son into his heir, instead of his loyal and hardworking daughter. Feeling it better to allow Fen Hua to grow into her own person, her mother sent her to live with her aunt and uncle in Hudong. This is where Fen Hua has lived for the past eight years with only occasional visits to her parents.

Present:
On a visit to the market for her aunt to pick up supplies for dinner, Fen Hua encountered Yue Jin, who picked up a lychee that Fen Hua had dropped and handed it to her. He seemed preoccupied, but Fen Hua was quite taken with his harmonious nature and kind actions. When she happened upon him several days later in the Eight Lucky Sparrows, she made up her mind to get to know him better. Since she often saw him in the tea house, she appealed to the owner of the shop to let her work there.

Close contact with the tea house, whose business has dwindled some, has made Fen Hua aware of the coffee and tea battle being waged in the town. Her loyalty lies with tea, whose herbal benefits she admires and she appreciates its talent for making its drinker calm.

971_large.jpg

Jet black hair, which is almost never left to flow freely down her back, tends to be kept up in a knot at the back of her head. She tends to employ red lip color to bring out her small heart-shaped mouth and kohl to emphasize her eyes, which are unusual dark gray. She prefers pastel colors for her clothing, especially pale blues and pinks, to offset and highlight her skin tone, with lovely effect.

Character Relation:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, this is Ansatsuken. I'm deleting my old account and using this one from now on. Just to be safe, I'm re-posting my account. Lemme know If I don't need to.

-

Name: ZhaoZhao
Wuxia Name: Blue Sky

"I Practice What I like, but try not to be too cocky (If only that were possible, considering me...). I get flashy when I'm cocky. One can fight properly without being arrogant, and ready to show off their moves. Unfortunately, this is my problem. I try to look past that, and attempt to manage the difficulty of balancing my skills. If one falls, they all come down! This is the way I've lived my life, trying to keep my first and foremost abilities all together in terms of their level. Even if mine are really low right now…I still trained! And I'll train again someday!"

Kuangshan Quan 矿山拳 (My Own Fist): A fighting style based on the teachings he has had over the course of his life, throwing in his two skills, fast techniques, as well as flashy, yet destructive grappling moves that use high agility, before dropping back into the ground.

However, it is a young style, like its practitioner/creator. Not only is the name not official (*Gasp*) but Zhao's style is plagued with a couple techniques designed purely to show off, and others can be made to easily look flashier than they already are. He has absolutely no discipline in the use of Qi, despite a growing interest to use it one day, not realizing the great requirements for such power. He knows very few pressure points, and other systems of the body. All in all, he's just getting started.

History:
From a young age, wrestling animals whether they be wild, or from a farm, ZhaoZhao has always been the type whose spirit was fit to fight, his enthusiasm and endurance almost infinite. From a young age, his father and grandfather took the time to train him in several styles from age 9 to 18, his specialty being that he could strike at high speed, yet retain great accuracy, and he was also trained in a family grappling art. Despite this, he was often the embarrassment of his hometown, other martial artists easily finding his weaknesses. Through all of this, he refused to stop practicing, convinced he could win.

And that day came. He defeated his tormentors, but felt discontent. He decided to leave town first thing in the morning, and train in a faraway place or two in order to become better, scared of even larger humiliation and defeat, but eager to prevent that from happening. Since then, he has had a mix of wins and losses, always a victory for every defeat, and vice versa.

Present:
ZhaoZhao, due to acting brazen, has recently suffered what he considers 'the most humiliating defeat he'll ever experience.' Since then, he's taken up a job for the Eight Lucky Sparrows Teahouse, attempting to continue life, trying to look to the future and gain the courage to try and train himself further, having had a period of laziness, and great shame, using his skills for lesser purposes and putting great shame to his name.

(SHAAAAAME!!!)

*Ahem* Zhao has grown addicted to the new 'Coffee,' favoring a couple types of the drink with different flavors. Despite drinking it sometimes in secret, other times even to win matches with an extra energy boost, he always feels guilty for doing so, and hopes to kick the habit, and become a real man.

Appearance:

http://www.justpressplay.net/images/stories/holehead/be_a_man.jpg

http://images.nipponcinema.com/tag/tak-sakaguchi.jpg

Just Watched Ip Man 1 and 2 for the first time. I had always heard that they were good movies...everything I heard was completely right. Ip Man's Wing Chun is too awesome.

Crap. Ip Man?!

CHAIN PUNCHES. CHAAAAAIN PUNCHES! >:D

Holy crap, this sounds awesome. I'm going to edit a character into this post as soon as I get the chance.

Character sheet finished. Creeping on Dr. Pepper, check.

Friends ^.^ feel free to PM me anytime if you wish our characters to have gotten to know eachother better, we can come up with something, even if it is nothing but simple day to day conversation that our characters have shared. I have a very busy week ahead of me, but ill do my best to respond promptly.