Cafe Valdemar

Status
Not open for further replies.
She sniffed and rubbed her eyes like a child. "I'm sorry. I'll wipe the table." she said trying to stand up and almost crashed into the wall. "I won't let you down like I let everyone down." she said slumping back on the chair and soon she was sleeping.

He helped her stand and smiled ''Don't worry about it, I'll do it, just calm down, it's all going to be okay.''
At that moment, a guy walked in. He saw Declan with a girl, she was crying and was a little confused.
He shrugged and started making his way to the staff room.
jpcz9i.jpg

Declan turned around and their eyes met ''Max, don't try to avoid me.''
Max sighed and nodded as he walked upto them ''I was just going to put my stuff in the staff room, you need any help yet?''
Declan shook his head and smiled ''No, just wanted to make sure you knew that I saw you.''

"Don't leave." she told him as she nodded. "I'm sorry. Please don't mind me. I'll be alright in a bit." she smiled at him. She stayed seated and stared blankly at the glass.

He nodded and smiled "I won't, but I do have to work.. You can stay here though."

Max was a little confused at what was going on and sighed "so uhm, where do you want me to go? Or do you want me to sit down?"
He looked around and noticed a girl sitting on her own "has she been served yet?"

Declan turned and nodded "yeah she has, can you do me a favor? Can you get some pizza or something?" He took his wallet out of his back pocket and handed him 50 bucks "go ahead, get something for yourself too, that should be enough."

Max looked at the money and shrugged
"sure, I'll be right back."

Declan looked back at the girl, who now was staring at her glass and sighed "hey, cheer up, it's going to be okay."

She smiled at him. "I know. I'm just tired. That's all. Don't let me keep you. I'll be fine." she smiled again.

He sighed "hey.. Stay awake, food's coming soon.. What's your name anyway?"

"My name? It's Leila." she told him staring straight into his eyes though her vision is getting a bit blurry because of the alcohol. "Don't sigh too much. It makes me feel like I'm just being a burden to you." she said quietly.

He shook his head ''You'e not a burden.. I just.. I don't know how to make you feel better.''
He looked down ''I know what it's like.. everything starts to fall apart and all you can do is wonder if you ever had a place.. You did, you still do.. And you always will..''

"You already made me.feel better. When you offered me a home, you made me happy. It's just I'm still not used to everything. Don't worry." she smiled at him. "Go on. You've got lots of work to do." she told him as she leaned and smiled.

He stepped closer and gave her a tight hug "come on.. You can sit at the bar and we can still talk."

She nodded and stood up. She swayed a bit as the effects of the alcohol are now showing. She sat in the bar and watched him work. She tried to focus on how he serve the customers since she'll be starting to work here too. She found that he really is a nice guy and she wanted to prove her worth to him since he decided to help her despite being a complete stranger. She looked at the line of bottles and everything around her. She tried not to turn too much coz she's already feeling dizzy.

As time progressed the cafe filled with people, Max joined Declan behind the bar, and they worked side by side.
Here and there he had conversations, cracked a couple of jokes, and sometimes Declan would show a trick or two.
Like a clown making kids smile, he tried to brighten up everybody's day, and so far it seemed he succeeded.
He was good at what he did, he knew how important it was to make people believe that life eventually will get better.

In between the floods of people he checked on Leila, smiled and winked at her to let her know he didn't forget she was there.
As it calmed down a bit, Declan told Max to take over the bar. He took a seat next to Leila and looked at her ''How are you feeling? Met anyone yet?''

She watched him work. She wondered if she could make people smile the way he could once she started working here. Then he approached her, she smiled at him. "I like the way you work and that wink? Definitely cute. No wonder girls flocked around you." she said as he seated beside her. He asked her if she met anyone yet. She shook her head in reply. "No one yet. I guess I look horrible or something." she laughed.

He chuckled and blushed "I'm not cute, and girls only flock around me because they think it will get them free drinks."
He looked at her and shook his head "don't say that.." He cupped her cheek with one hand and smiled "you look beautiful."

She laughed at his reply. "So you could get free drinks here?" she said with a grin. Her heart skipped a beat when he cupped her cheek and told her she was beautiful. She blushed and couldn't speak for a while. "I, uh, really? Oh. Wow. Thank you. I mean, uhm, I-I'm not." she said stuttering avoiding his eyes.

He caressed her cheek and smirked "stealing my replies now huh? You are, totally are."

She pouted as she replied. "I'm not stealing your replies." she stuck out her tongue at him. "Besides, you're a practiced flatterer so that line about me being beautiful is cliched." she said teasing him.

He chuckled "did you just call me a pro?" He shrugged "I don't usually talk to girls like this, it's always are you okay, need someone to listen to you, always helping them understand the value of life, rather than sharing a life with someone, holding them, tell them sweet nothing's. And no, I'm not complaining about it 'cause I'm grateful for each given day, but sometimes, just sometimes I wonder it would be like.."

She listened as he explained himself with such intensity. She nodded and smiled at him. "I understand. Still you're a pro." she joked before grinning at him.

He chuckled and smiled at her "why thank you, you're sweet. Want anything to drink? I'll tell my slave over there to pour you some." He joked
Max looked up and smiled "if you weren't my boss I'd slap you right now, but won't you look at that, lucky day."
They both laughed and Declan looked at Leila "see what I have to put up with? He's so mean."

Status
Not open for further replies.