Cafe Catastrophes! | Kafe Dai Sanji! | カフェ大惨事!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, as of late, I have only been able to be on mobile (like now). Today I should be on my laptop so I can update a whole bunch of things.

I plan to start (IC-wise) this Friday/weekend! Just letting you all know~

Preferably this weekend. I work on Friday.

Hate to bug you, @Kitsune, but if you're going to be starting the IC soon, mind telling me if my character's approved or not so that I have time to redo it if necessary?

Yeah, I plan to get around to all and any CSs that I haven't already checked today once I'm at my laptop. It should be pretty soon.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gateman

ozrender2.png

Name
Mitsuo Tomachi
(Mit-Ew-Oh) (Tom-Osh-ey)
Nicknames/Aliases
Mit
Sexuality
Homosexual
Birthday
October, 23rd​
Nationality
Japanese, Irish, American
Grade/Occupation
Sophmore/Cook at Dei Cafe
tumblr_m0stqywP9j1qfyz9u (1).gif

Good Personality Traits
Up beat|Kind|Cooperative|Competitive|Patient|Organized|Playful|Funny|Creative|Selfless|
Bad Personality Traits
Immature|Silly|Clumsy|Naive|Possessive|Does without thinking|Blunt|Incautious|
Cooking|Martial Arts|Fire|Music|Science|Gymnastics|Apples|Summer|Rock rap Music Genre|
Dislikes
Cold|Cleaning|Rap music|Guns|Winter|Salary|Math|The color Yellow|Little kids|Arguing|
Fears
Heights|Freezing cold|Being Alone|Dying|Not being able to help others|Losing control of his power|
Strengths
Fighting/Martial Arts|Fire|Athletic|Strong willed|Friendly|Excellent at Science|
Weaknesses
Far attacks|Playing with emotions|Being alone|The Cold|Chains|Guns|
Good Habits/Quirks
Up beat attitude|Fun|Charismatic|Fire tricks|Flexibility|
Bad Habits/Quirks
Causing trouble|Obsession with fish|biting his nails|Getting upset when he loses against someone|Going into meltdowns (Rarely happens)
Hobbies
Training|Cooking|Music|Eating|Having fun
Goals (Long and Short)
To become a full time cook and someday own his own restaurant|To master his fire ability especially with his melt downs
tumblr_lkudb3LfVz1qdr97eo1_500.gif

{slide=Physical|center}
Anime Picture
Height
5'3
Weight
120 Pounds
Body Type
Petite but muscular.
Marks? If so, what?
He has a birthmark right under his rib cage, he medium sized scar on his back, and a couple burn marks from burning himself.
Health Ailments
Acrophobia|Cheimatophobia
General Clothing
Work: He usually wears a white dress shirt, different types of coats (Varies from days), A tie, and either some type of dress shorts or dress pants. He also wears dress shoes
Out of work: He usually wears some of the same things, like a dress shirt and tie, but also sometimes wears a green vest and a kilt coming from his background, sometimes also just wears a muscle shirt and regular shorts but at most times likes to wear more fancier clothes.
Powers/Abilities
Pyro Manipulation| Mit has the ability to manipulate fire, so he can use the fire energy to use against others or any normal tasks, he can manipulate fire out of his body, whether it's an arm or even his foot. He also when using his ability, he is resistant to getting burned, while when he isn't using the ability he could still get burned.
Fire Anti-Defense| Mit can use the fire to shield himself from any attacks, unless against ice/water manipulators which will be harder to defend against. It can go all around his body like a fire aura.
Fire Mimicry| He can also take any fire, or heat from normal items like a stove or a heater and use it to charge up his ability, or just use the fire from the items and absorb it's heat.
Transformation Picture

Accessory
Golden amulet necklace| Red ring|
Chant

Compatible With
Not Compatible With
Weapon
Strengths
Weaknesses

Voice
Theme Song
Languages Spoken
Relationships
Something that they would say
Pets
8e778753ba_98427127_o2.gif

Last edited:
@Gateman You're all good with your character~

Okay, so I've updated everything (I'm a day late and I'm sorry). I think we'll be starting Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully, that's enough time for people to finish...

There's a few people that I must messaged about this. What we need before we start is the manager for the Naito Café. Other than that, some more characters for the Dei Café would be appreciated~

@Wolfsbane706 You're missing the 'Accessory' and the 'Chant' for the "Powers" section. You can look over other people's CSs or the one in the Cast List for a visual ^^

I think that I'm going to change the position of my character to have more of a variety.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get right on that. Apparently, those two items weren't in the CS I copied.
EDIT: Is anyone else getting an evil vibe off of Yukiko now that I've added the chant?

It's easy to mess it up, I completely dropped the weapon section on mine the first time I copied it.
Okay, so I've updated everything (I'm a day late and I'm sorry). I think we'll be starting Saturday/Sunday. Hopefully, that's enough time for people to finish...

There's a few people that I must messaged about this. What we need before we start is the manager for the Naito Café. Other than that, some more characters for the Dei Café would be appreciated~

I'm open to making a second character to fill a slot, got another idea I'd like to explore. Just tell me what and where I need to be

EDIT: Is anyone else getting an evil vibe off of Yukiko now that I've added the chant?
She does come off slightly creepy

She does come off slightly creepy
Especially when considering how easy it was to write that line. I think "slightly, but energetically unhinged" is going to be a driving point of this girl's character.

Especially when considering how easy it was to write that line. I think "slightly, but energetically unhinged" is going to be a driving point of this girl's character.
I'm getting a bit of a manic pixie vibe off her, honestly.

Reactions: Wolfsbane706
Introducing new Blackstone Light, now with half the calories of the original!

~Alright guys and girls, time to get to work~

Name: Blackstone, Jonathan

Nicknames/Aliases: I don't have one, care to give one to me?

Sexuality: Demisexual

Birthday: 7 July 1989

Nationality: American

Grade/Occupation: I'm the manager of the Naito Cafe, for now at least.

Good Personality Traits: I'm Motivated, like my little brother, but much more serious and responsible. Taking care of the cafe is my life, so I guess you could say I'm dedicated to what I do. I am very well-read, as you would expect from someone in my position. Finally, I'm tolerant of the mistakes of others, preferring to teach them how to be better, instead of simply punishing them. I've also been told I have a warm and caring personality, but I just don't see it.

Bad Personality Traits: I can be absentminded like my little brother, though not nearly as bad. I'm rather asocial, so don't expect to lose hours talking to me. And if you do try to talk to me, expect me to be blunt. Though I'm more than happy to help you, I'm still rather demanding in the workplace.

Likes: I like nice quiet nights, spent nestled up with a book, maybe with someone to cuddle. I like when my workers are able to do their jobs correctly, and when everything comes out perfect. Oh, and my secret guilty pleasure is heavy metal music. I'm so stuffy and reserved throughout the day, it's nice sometimes to just let loose with some auditory chaos. I love my bracelet, because it lets me be my real self.

Dislikes: I may love him, but I don't particularly like my little brother, Graham. He's too excitable, and too unreliable. In fact, the reason I gave him the job he has is to teach him some discipline. He has been getting better the last few months though. I also cannot stand the smell of burnt food, or anything that tastes sour.

Fears: I fear that I'll never find someone who accepts me like my family does. As part of that, I'm worried that my nature will impede my professional career.

Strengths: I am a classically trained pianist, and on slow nights I tend to play the cafe's piano for some ambiance. I am great at organization and planning, which is surely how I got to the position I am in.

Weaknesses: I'm terrible at cooking. I'm pretty sure that if I tried making something like mac and cheese, the pasta would be overcooked, the cheese would become an unpalatable clump of dairy, and the water would somehow catch fire.

Good Habits/Quirks: Since I make the schedules, I always make sure my underlings aren't overworked (something Yukiko is more than happy to help with). I always try to find something new to learn, because you never know what can help you out in the future.

Bad Habits/Quirks: I eat like a pig, expecting my naturally high metabolism to take care of it. Anything fatty, sugary, or salty, or god forbid a mixture of the three, will be swiped and eaten by me, almost like a compulsion. As you can imagine, I'm not very welcome in the kitchen. People say I don't know how to turn off, so I always seem to be in work mode.

Hobbies: As mentioned, I love to read, and I like to keep in shape by running. Most evenings you can find me doing a 5 mile loop along the trail by my loft. When I have free time, I train with my powers, trying to develop my skills higher.

Goals: My short term goal is to make Graham a more respectable person, but my long term goal is to work my way up through the ranks so that Tsuki will make me boss of the Naito Cafe.

6dcb67859cfaa4761a34bc77a93419dc.png

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 185 lbs

Body Type: Ectomorphic

Marks? If so, what?: several tattoos on his arm and chest, 4 piercings per ear, and a secret tattoo that only my romantic partners will ever see.

Health Ailments: My immune system is a little weaker due to constant transformations, but that doesn't stop me from getting my work done.

General Clothing: Generally, a button-down shirt, black jeans, steel-toed boots with extra soft insoles, and a nice, subtle cologne. Oh, also, my bracelet; it stays on me at all times.

sample-c2b4ab219a8ff2c0d88b20f142c800b1.jpg

Power: Light Manipulation
Abilities:
  • Reflect and Refract - I can bend and distort ambient light for various effects, ranging from illusions and invisibility to pinpoint lasers. The only limit, really, is what my imagination can come up with.
  • Hardlight - By manipulating the speed and density of light photons, I can make solid light constructs. Typically, this is used to enhance my armor's ability to withstand damage, as well as weaponry. One subcategory that's used in a pinch is the Hardlight Wall, a dome of hardened and condensed light that can block most strikes, and lets out a blinding flash if it's broken. Unfortunately, it requires that I stay absolutely still when in use, and it doesn't protect below me.
  • Amplification flash - Just like it says on the tin, I can amplify ambient light to the point a single LED can be used to light a room. To make it effective in combat, I've figured out a way to overload the lighting element of a light source, creating a blinding, brilliant flash to disorient enemies, at the cost of destroying the light source in the process.
Compatible With: My power works well with Lightning and fire, since it can produce illumination for me to manipulate, metal, to reflect and redirect light, and, of course, my brother's magnetisim, which, when we're both in synch with one another, can be used to great effect.

Not Compatible With: Darkness, for obvious reasons, Earth because it can block out my light, and Water, because it makes it next to impossible to control it properly once it becomes distorted.

Weapon: A wooden, zweihander-style handle made of ironwood, used to construct light weaponry. Like Graham, I keep a bag on my hip, mine filled with LEDs I've been able to jerryrig into miniature light sources. I use them with my Amplification Flash to make handy little flash bangs.

Strengths: I'm a skilled hand to hand combatant, very versatile, and a quick thinker. I'm able to adapt to most situations on the fly, and some of my bigger weaknesses can be countered easily with a little brotherly teamwork.

Weaknesses: I'm not all that fearsome on my own. Most of my powers are focused around defense and disorienting my foes, rather than raw damage. While my hard light weapons can be extremely versatile, and even lethal, I've got a subconscious block that prevents me from doing many of them. If I'm caught off guard and don't have the chance to transform, I'm all but defenseless.

Accessory:

p167028_2.jpg

0Bz1PJNuLR12qTGsteVp6dV9EWG8

A pair of rings made from Lunar Iron, and a silver armband, which allow me to become male, at the cost of restricting 96% of my power. When one of the rings is touched to the sun in the center of my bracelet, the bracelet shatters and reforms into the armor I wear, releasing my powers while, unfortunately, reverting my body back to its female form. When the two rings are touched together, the process is reversed, and I become male once more. As a safety measure, both actions require me to say my chant for them to activate.

Chant: Eien no taiyō no hōyō!

Voice: Male voice and female voice (first voice heard in the recording)

Theme Song: Animal by Miike Snow

Languages Spoken: I speak English, I'm okay with conversational Japanese, but I'm not fluent in it, and I still remember ASL from our parents.

Family: Our parents died years ago, so the only family I have left are my brothers Graham and Gordon. I don't think I've seen Gordon in about 5 years, but I hear he's doing well, and Graham seems to care enough about me to make up for it. He's even started running with me at night, and he's helping me train with my powers...

Relationships: None at the moment, but the year is still young

Something that they would say: We've got a lot of work to do tonight, so get to it, slackers!

Pets: I don't have the time for a pet; I'm always busy with something or another. Instead, I keep a couple carnivorous flowers decorating my loft.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Gateman Oh God, I feel really bad for doing this since I'm certain you worked long and hard on that CS, but....

During our Interest Check, we (me and the people who practically shaped this RP) decided that Gravity, Space, and Time would be for the bosses of the cafés and off-limits to actual players because of how OP it can be. Instead we decided to have Light and Darkness be the Managers' elements.

Once again, I'm super sorry! I understand if you want to delete your CS. I'm sure someone else will take the spot, and, if not, I can fill it in. Thank you, though. I know you wanted us to be all set so that we can start without hesitation (unless it's me getting tied and not being able to) this weekend and I appreciate that~ ^^

You could also change the power, but that's a lot of tweaking. I guess it's better compared to throwing out all of your hard work. Either way, it's up to you in the end! c:

And again, I sincerely apologize >.<;;

@Gateman Oh God, I feel really bad for doing this since I'm certain you worked long and hard on that CS, but....

During our Interest Check, we (me and the people who practically shaped this RP) decided that Gravity, Space, and Time would be for the bosses of the cafés and off-limits to actual players because of how OP it can be. Instead we decided to have Light and Darkness be the Managers' elements.

Once again, I'm super sorry! I understand if you want to delete your CS. I'm sure someone else will take the spot, and, if not, I can fill it in. Thank you, though. I know you wanted us to be all set so that we can start without hesitation (unless it's me getting tied and not being able to) this weekend and I appreciate that~ ^^

You could also change the power, but that's a lot of tweaking. I guess it's better compared to throwing out all of your hard work. Either way, it's up to you in the end! c:

And again, I sincerely apologize >.<
-sigh- Fuck. you're right, it was a hell of a lot of hard work to get this character just right. I wish I would've known that gravity was off limits (It's not listed in the rules, and I wasn't around for the interest check).

I'm not gonna delete the character, honestly I'm too damn stubborn for that. I'll change the power set to something else once I'm a tiny bit less irked...

Anything else off limits, before I start investing in a new power set?

No, just gravity, space and time were off limits. Though darkness and Light are the managers powers, however, I have darkness for my character. Darkness and light are the only ones that can only have one person each while the other elements have two. So, as long as they don't take one that's already full you'll be fine when changing the power. Lights the other manager power if you want to be the manager of Naito Cafe though.

Status
Not open for further replies.