Cabriolet

LUCY NIELSEN

Out in the warm evening air, Lucy breathed out, exhaling the strain of all that had happened inside. The moment she had walked in with Killian she had known the night would be difficult, but she hadn't expected it to tank so far south so fast. She hated herself, in a way, for wanting to go in the first place. Maybe it wouldn't have been pleasant sitting at home, worrying about him, but a least she wouldn't have been humiliated... or worse, ignored.

Maybe that was why she had gone against all instinct, to leave with Jonas. Because despite knowing it was stupid and despite knowing there was nothing there, lasting or otherwise, with the man, at least he paid attention to her - and not in a way that was meant to make a fool of her. She'd pointed out to him before that he only ever saw the things she did that were wrong, that it was as if he had blinders on to her good features. Now it felt as though he had a grasp on those good qualities, but instead of seeing them for what they were, he was pulling every string possible to try and exploit them. To break her. And still she just couldn't shake the sinking feeling that letting him crash and burn wasn't the right thing to do.

Breathing out again, she turned to Jonas with a small shake of her head. Something about a psychical therapist who smoked seemed damned near ironic, but she kept her opinion to herself... she didn't need to disappoint him and feed him a nagging lecture, "Jonas, I'm sorry. This... this was a mistake. I don't know what I'm doing. Here... out right now. With you. It's not you. You seem sweet, and I'm sure we'd have a great time. It's just. I have so much going on right now, and I know myself. I know if I don't walk away right now, I'm gonna go with you and probably do something stupid that I'll regret. Because I'm angry and hurt... and that's not right. It's not fair to you. I... I hope you understand?"

Jonas Hob
When she declined, he shoved the pack back in his pocket and replaced it with a lighter, igniting the end of his cigarette and taking a deep, hard drag. The smoke oozed between his lips as she spoke a response he was not expecting to hear and the disappointment was plain on his face, but he didn't argue with her over it, merely nodded and looked a little numb.

It took him a moment to say anything, because it seemed like he was grappling with what to say, or how to convince her otherwise. Ultimately, he must have decided it wasn't worth the coaxing any longer and that there were other fish in the nearby sea he'd be able to pick up with less… baggage.

"Whatever," he replied. "Deal with your baggage," his voice turning chillier than it had been all night. He turned on his heel and began to head down the sidewalk without any further comment, or glance back, a tail of smoke following him whenever he breathed out. He continued until he turned around the corner and disappeared among the sea of people that was the zoo of Las Vegas city at night.

Having let them go, Killian Hopper leaned his chin against the butt end of the pool stick, his eyes a little glossy but a casual, distant smile on his lips. One hand wrapped around the edge of the pool stick while the other held on to a cocktail as he watched Amaya bend over the pool table in the back VIP room and sink the striped nine ball. She glanced back over her shoulder and winked. He didn't like pool. In fact, he'd never played pool in a club before, but after Lucy left with the Ken doll, Amaya had suggested they "head back to my place and blow this popsicle stand," but after declining, something he'd never done before Liliana, they settled on a round of pool for who was going to be paying the next round of drinks.

At the current way the game was going, it was going to be Killian forking out cash. Amaya sunk another ball, but Killian wasn't paying attention anymore, his eyes drifting through the silk barricades separated the dance floor from the VIP rooms, and skating up to the door. She wasn't coming back, and that only tightened the grip of worry in his chest.

"Killi… heyo, Killian." Amaya flicked her hand at his face.

"Hm?"

"You're up."

LUCY NIELSEN

With a sigh, Lucy watched him go and shaking her head, pinched the bridge of her nose. She was probably an idiot. Probably the biggest idiot in all of Las Vegas. For whatever reason, she had let go of something that was potentially worth a shot, because of someone who couldn't care less who she left with. Maybe it would've left her empty and full of regret, but hell... at least her night would've been fun for a minute or two.

"Damn it..." She muttered, and turning, she slid back inside. She slipped back inside because she had no where else to go, and calling a cab was too damn humiliating. She'd lost. She knew it. Killian would be thrilled. He wanted to prove she was still an uptight, stuffy control freak, and the minute he knew he was right, he would gloat until her head exploded. But she didn't care anymore. Everything... the weight of it all was crashing down and she was tired and angry and all she wanted was to go home and sleep.

Moving back to the bar, she looked to the tender and with a sigh, ordered a water. The drinks would fade out over the evening, and eventually she'd feel more like herself. The emotional downpour would end and she could push it all away, deep down inside. Everything she thought and felt and feared. She could go back, take a shower and wash it down the drain and the next day, she would figure out a way to free herself from the whole damnable mess and move on.

Fishing her phone out of her purse, she frowned as the screen blinked with a message from Mack. Incidentally, one of the officers at Rob's station had called him, and was potentially willing to speak up about everything going on there. Rolling her eyes, she tucked the phone back away and grabbing her water, too a sip, nursing it down with about as much interest as rat poison. A few more hours, and then she could justify finding Killian and dragging him out of there...

Killian Hopper
"I'll be right back," he answered, setting down his poolstick by leaning it against the edge of the pool table. "You can cheat, if you want," he mentioned with a shrug. "We all know I'm going to be paying for the next round of drinks no matter the outcome." Oh, he had a lot of alcohol injected into his system very quickly, but he was surprised to see Lucy return. He half expected to be hallucinating, but then, alcohol rarely induced false images, though he did sway for a quick second as he shifted his weight, having to find his balance before continuing.

He slid through the barrier between the VIP and general area, nudging through the swarm of dancing bodies and stepping across the bar, he came up in a small area of space alongside Lucy, leaning his elbows against the bar. "That guy had a big forehead," he said.

Reaching over, he put his fingertips on the top of Lucy's water glass and scooted it away from her. He knew she was mad. He'd seen her mad enough in the past few days that he knew what the small wrinkle between her eyebrows meant. Funny, it was easy for him to tell when she was upset, but if asked to identify her happy face, he wouldn't have been able to. He didn't think he'd ever seen it. A part of him wondered if she was ever happy, or she was just allergic to the entire rage of positive human emotions because that was what people expected of her: the serious, stoic therapist.

With her water out of her reach, he crouched his weight down on his arms and looked over to her. "But if you liked him, you should have given him a shot, you know. You're just so… unhappy all the time. Alright, you know what?" Killian stood up a little straighter. "I'm drunk, and you're not nearly drunk enough, so quit this water bullshit and order yourself a drink, miss Lucy. You came out tonight, with me, to let loose and forget about everything for a while, and you're doing a bad job." He reached out and poked her right between the eyes, not hard, but enough that he rocked back on his heels at the effort. "The wrinkle here says so."

With his other hand, he moved the water even further away. "And if you're not going to do it with the Ken doll, you're gunna have to do it with me. Drinking, and not being unhappy, that is. Not the other stuff that Ken doll wanted…" Killian's mind was a little bit of a mess. "You can hate me for it if you want and you can form your wrinkle at me all day tomorrow, if it suits you, but not tonight. Tonight, we drink. Preferably rum because last time I got drunk on vodka, I threw up everywhere. You are prettier when you smile. Not that you're not pretty with your worry wrinkle, but..." He shook his head, feeling a bit woozy for a second. "No vodka."

LUCY NIELSEN

The groan came as Killian appeared at her side, almost as if her thoughts had spurred him to life there, and were she just a little less sober, she might've thought just that. But he was real enough, real enough, and perhaps a little bit drunker than she was, because though his words didn't slur, there was a foggy note to them, a sense that he wasn't entirely sure what he was saying before he said it. Drunk people were fascinating. Honest, really, more than they would be in reality.

But she didn't want to hear drunk Killian. She didn't want to hear what he had to say, because despite being angry with him, she knew what he said couldn't be denied. Not when the filter in his head that told him to bury the trust at all costs was currently switched to 'sleep mode'. Looking over at him, she frowned, deeply, then pushed it away, because she knew that damnable wrinkle... she knew it like she knew her own name and she hated him for noticing it.

"If I liked him, I would have left with him, Killian. You and I both know why I didn't, so let's not bother beating around that bush, okay? And I'm not unhappy all the time... I may be furious right now, but it's not all the time. It's not my fault you don't pay attention to anything I'm feeling, except, incidentally, when you're drunk." Snatching the water back, she took another sip, shaking her head more forcefully than she wanted, taking a moment to steady at the slight swimming, "I don't want to drink anymore. I came out here to keep you safe and make sure you didn't do anything stupid. And frankly, I don't even know why. Because you don't care, do you? You don't care what happens to you.

Everything I've done in these past few days as been for you, and I am complete idiot for it. Because you couldn't care less. And I don't even know why I bother. Except that's not true, and that just... God, it's infuriating! I hate myself for coming back in here. I hate myself for caring, because all it is, is a gigantic reminder of how I am blatantly and stupidly wasting my time! I hate that I like you, because you are selfish, and mean, and you hurt me, every chance you get... just because you can. Because for some innate reason, you have a need to sabotage yourself at every possible turn, and I don't understand why! I'm a damn therapist, and I cannot figure you out! Yet somehow, you read me, like a freaking book.

And I don't want to drink, because maybe I want to change, Killian and maybe I want to let go a little, but right now, I am not gonna let myself break down and get sloppy and stupid, because it is just an excuse to feel something. Something better than this... vacuum inside me. I don't want to drink, because I don't trust myself not to do something completely insane and idiotic, and I am not going to allow myself to fall apart, just so I can be your one night stand, instead of some bimbo in red cellophane. Just because the idea of watching you walk out of her with her kills me. Because that is me, Killian. I'm sad and desperate and maybe that's all I'm ever going to be, and if I don't control it, I will lose everything in my life that means anything. And I can't..."

Killian Hopper
Killian was expecting a scolding, and boy, did he get it. He tried. He tried to give her space when she accepted a drink from Ken, and he tried to be there when she was by herself. He did try, but it was never enough. He could have put on a tutu for her and done a dance, and he was certain it wouldn't be enough. She snatched back her water and he let her, putting his weight back on his heels, leaning away from the bar as he did. It was his fault, of course it was. It was always his fault. It was always his fault with Liliana, and now it was always his fault with Lucy.

Maybe that's just the way it was meant to be. It was his fault. He frowned, his mind trying to wrap itself around what she was saying, but he didn't understand. On one hand, she hated him, she hated herself, and on the other, she cared. It felt like she was pulling him in two opposite directions. His shoulders didn't slouch, he wasn't a sloucher, but there was a blurry bitterness in his face. He looked away from her, staring across the bar because he was unable to keep eye contact.

"I don't care?" he echoed, repeating the words she just told him. His nails dug into the wood of the bar and he swallowed, wrestling with those words over and over and over. She was saying more, but his thoughts couldn't get over that one phrase. Did he care? Did he not? Why were his thoughts so hard to organize. He could handle being told he was selfish, mean…

He sobered, gravely, and a small wrinkle formed between his own eyes out of frustration, loathing. After everything—after the murders, after breaking up with Liliana—it was the last thing he needed to be told everything that was wrong with him. She once defended herself in saying she didn't mean there was anything wrong with him, yet she said it over and over, just in different words.

He didn't say anything in argument. There wasn't anything left to say. She'd chewed him out and he was too tired to argue this time.

"Alright," he agreed, pushing off the bar. "Alright, you've sent your message loud and clear. You like me, you hate me, you can't figure me out. I don't care, I'm mean. I got it," he said, nodding as he put it all to memory. "I understand, but if you think this is me not caring? You're wrong. I do care, but I'll show you what it's like when I don't." He straightened himself, losing his touch on the bar and swiveling on a heel.

"Remember, Maria's out tomorrow, so you'll have everything to yourself. Stay, leave, whatever."

LUCY NIELSEN

A growl escaped, a frustrated sound that rolled out, almost unbidden, and shoving the water glass back on the bartop, she stood. She wasn't letting him walk away. Not this time. There had been too many times now where they had both given up... walked away. Quit. It was mind numbing, how stubborn and stupid they were, and she was tired of it. Tired of feeling, of thinking.

Pushing herself upright, she moved around until she was blocking his path. She wasn't a large woman - not by any stretch, and Killian towered over her, but if she was intimidated, she covered it well, her hand shooting out to his chest, "No. Hell no. You don't get to stomp off into the corner! Not this time. Maria's right. No more running. Not again.

You care? But you'll show me what it's like when you don't? That's your answer? What the hell does that even mean? You just... God! You frustrate me, so damn much! You can't just be real... not even drunk. You can't be real with me, and why? What the hell scares you so bad about it? Because you think this is easy for me? No... No way is it easy! And I'm sure I screwed it up, I know I did, because honestly? I don't know what I'm doing, but at least I'm doing something.

But it doesn't matter what I say, does it? Because all you ever hear is the bad! You are so sure that everything I have to say to you is a judgment, and it makes me crazy! Not everyone in the world is against, you, but damn it... I'm not perfect, Killian... and I'm so tired of being measured up to the people who dicked you over! I am not Liliana! I can give you that we're similar... Hell. Maybe you have a type, who knows. But I am not her! And it's not fair... because there is no way I am ever going to escape it if that's who you see when you look at me."

Killian Hopper
"All I hear is bad, because all you tell me is bad," he replied. He shook his head, coming to a stop when she cut him off. His hand rested on his forehead, a terrible dizziness overwhelming him for a moment. "And yea, maybe you're not Liliana, but what do you want from me here, Lucy? I broke up with her today. No less than a few hours ago. I literately told her today that we were over after many years together. Have you ever considered that this has nothing to do with you? That maybe, maybe, I'm going through some emotions and it has nothing to do with you? At all?"

He shook his head, swallowing hard when slickness coated the back of his throat. His stomach wrenched and suddenly, the fun high of alcohol he'd been riding turned sour in his stomach. "That I'm having a really hard time because I give you space, and it's wrong, and I try and be there, and it's wrong, and I don't know why I keep even trying to bother. Never mind that I have investors and stockholders who are losing their minds, I have dead bodies showing up in my hotels and the one night… the one night I wanted to forget all of it and just be a little naughty and a little free, I'm mean, and I'm selfish, and I don't care."

He placed a hand on her shoulder and gave it a pat. "It's not easy for either of us, not for you, not for me, but this? This isn't right. Normal people don't fight like this, like you and I are doing right now, and have been everyday up until now. We're not dating, and we're hardly friends. I'm not running, Lucy, I'm giving up."

His night of casual drinking and messing around was over, and he wasn't sober enough to drive home. He couldn't think about getting a taxi, and he didn't feel like there was really anywhere else for him to go. His heart stung with every beat, and he got to wondering what he was doing in Las Vegas, at all. Maybe she was wrong, maybe it was time to run. He could slip away to a third world country, live well. Even if they seized all of his assets on US soil, he had banks elsewhere. He had money he could live off for lifetimes to come.

"I'm sorry, Lucy, I really am. I wish I could be what you want and need, but I can't. Not right now."

LUCY NIELSEN

Shaking her head, she sighed, sinking down onto a stool to pinch her forehead, "...All I wanted was to be there for you. Don't you get that? All I wanted was to make sure you were safe and okay. Because I knew you needed to let go. Do you think this is where I wanna be? Do you think I'm here because I enjoy places like this? I made an ass of myself, in public... because I knew you needed this. And I would have let you get hammered and run off with whoever the hell you wanted, Killian. Because if that's what you want what you need, I'm not gonna stand in the way of that."

Biting hard on her cheek, she looked away, shaking her head, "But you couldn't just do it. And I don't get why. I didn't come to you, Killian. You came over here. And I'm sorry that I don't want to get wasted with you, because I don't trust the person I would be if I did. And I don't want to do anything that I would regret. Anything that would hurt you, more. But I never said that you had to sit here and entertain me. I told you I didn't want a babysitter, and I told you that because I didn't want you to feel like you had to coddle me. Because despite what you think I think of you, I know that you are hurting. And I knew that this was the way you wanted to cope. But you couldn't... you couldn't just do it."

Brushing at her cheeks, she shook her head, "I don't want you to be anything or anyone, Killian. And I'm not... I'm not trying to ruin your life. I just wanted to be there for you, because you were alone, and I know what that feels like, and it... it sucks. But you're right. We aren't friends. Because you never let me in. And I don't blame you. I wouldn't either." Breathing out, she rose, shaking her head, "...You asked me to stay this afternoon, and I know that came from someone who was worried about me. About everything with Rob. And I appreciate that. I do. But I'm a big girl, Killian. And I need to face my own problems. I think... I think maybe I'm just meant to be on my own. I'm gonna take a cab back. I'll be out of your hair before you get home. I won't go home. I'll find somewhere else to go. Just... just be careful... not just tonight. Someone wants to hurt you... Someone other than me. Don't let them."

With a sigh, she shook her head and for the second time that night, found her way across the floor, to the exit.

Killian Hopper
"Well, thanks for the attempts then." He had promised her he wasn't going to argue, and he'd already broken that rule a bit, but he decided it wasn't worth it to break it again. "But just because this whole friendship, dating thing didn't work out with me or Rob doesn't mean it won't work out with someone. You'll fine them," he concluded with a lame shrug, because it was a nice thing to say. He didn't know what Lucy had planned for her future, or if she even wanted to be anything but alone. Sometimes, it seemed to him like she chose it, like putting up with him had been a perfunctory gesture because she felt bad for him.

Well, she was a big girl and he was a big boy, and he didn't need her to face his problems for him. If he ended up getting in a car wreck that night, that would be his own problem. "See ya, Lucy." He watched her exit until he couldn't see her anymore, cocking his weight on to his elbow against the bar and reaching over for the glass of water she left behind. He took a drink from it, swallowing the rest of the contents down before pushing off the bar and going to leave himself. Amaya could finish the game of pool by herself, or find someone else to buy her drinks. It wouldn't be hard.

He was too drunk to pick up his car, and too sober to want to go home, so he hung a left out of Mint and strolled. He had no particular destination in mind, though he was enjoying the walk. It had been a long time since he last walked down the Strip. He'd visited to go to work, sure, but only car. He could remember when he first arrived in the city, he would walk for hours and soak it all in. It felt like a dream to him then, but the funny thing about dreams were that after a while, they became nightmares.

"Mr Hopper," an unfamiliar voice called out to him as a car rolled up alongside the sidewalk, its tired crackling over the gravel.

"Hm?" he paused his step, glancing back in time to see the black and white squad car pull up. "Oh, hello, copper."

"Though that was you," a tall, lanky, with flared ears, officer slid from behind the steering wheel, "There's an ATL out on you in relation to the murder at the Cabriolet this afternoon. I'd like to take you in for questioning."

Killian snorted. Just his luck. "You aren't asking, I'm guessing?"

"I'm asking," the officer clarified. "But if you refuse, I won't be asking any longer."

"Alright, alright," Killian murmured, waving a hand. "Let's get this over with. Since it's just questioning, you aren't going to handcuff me, right?"

The officer looked at him warily. "Yea, sure," he said, opening the door to the back of his squad. "You haven't seen a Lucy Nielsen, have you? We're looking for her in relation, as well."

"Just missed her. No idea where she went, though."

LUCY NIELSEN

Lucy didn't turn back. Not even when he spoke... She didn't want to, because she knew if she did, she would never have the strength to walk away. It hurt. More than she'd ever show, it hurt. Because Lucy did not like failure, and lately it seemed to be all that was in the cards for her. It hurt because she meant it. All she wanted was to be there for him, but he would never stop pushing her away... Pushing her buttons. And there was only so much a person could take before they broke. She had always been messed up... disjointed... Damaged. But never before had she felt like there was no way to fix the cracks.

So she didn't look back. Not for one solitary second. Leaving the club, she considered waiting for a cab, but the warm air felt refreshing outside of the air conditioned building, and she needed to clear her head of the noise and lights...

Walking down the road, she rubbed the bridge of her nose, as if she could will away the wrinkle, eventually giving up and bending instead, to take off her heels.

The squad car made a loud whooping noise, the red and blue lights flashing across the pavements and the building walls, casting a brilliant bright light among the sea of headlights and overhead lamps. The car groaned as Rob threw it over the curb and slammed it to a halt. He pushed open the door as he threw it in park.

"Luc," he called, his voice, gritty and dark, renting the night air. "Surprised I found you, honestly. There is an APB out for ya. You're going to have to come into the station with me."

What were the chances he found her? Outside, at night? He hadn't been expecting it, but his men had already gone to her apartment and Killian's house, finding neither of them in their respective dwellings. He'd already gotten the call that Hopper'd been picked up, and just as he did, he'd seen a little flash of familiar blonde hair. He hadn't believed it at first, but when he crept up closer, sure enough, it was his little Lucy.

She'd turned at the sound, half ready to tell the officer off… Prostitution wasn't exactly discouraged in Vegas, but there was always one hardened officer who liked to make it known it wasn't encouraged either, and it wasn't the first time she had been unfortunately mistaken for a call girl. But as she turned to open her mouth, a familiar voice spilled from behind the bright lights, and Lucy felt her stomach plummet, as she took a step back. Instinctively, her hand curled around the heel she had removed, and her free hand rose to her neck, where stippling bruises and small half circle gashes still lingered…

"Oh. You… You can go to hell. I am not getting in a car with you. No. No way."

Rob stopped dead in his tracks when she stammered. He'd almost allowed himself to forget, and the tingle ran up his hands. Not in regret, but excitement. His fingers twitched at his side. "Alright, alright," he agreed. "I can't make you, but if you refuse, a warrant'll get put out on you, and then you won't be getting asked, you'll be getting tackled and dragged into a squad."

Rob exhaled a breath that wavered with the building thrill in his chest. An excited gleam shone in his eye. "Picked your boyfriend up already. He's back at the station in cuffs."

"A warrent for what? Do you think I'm stupid…? You have nothing on me. And if you think for one second--" But his next words froze her in place and the breath left her lungs in a small gasp, "Why are you doing this? Why? What do you stand to gain from any of this…? What do you want, Rob?"

"I got a fair amount, actually. I know you initially checked into that room where the most recent victim was found, and you were seen near the crime scene. Somehow, you convinced Hopper to switch your reservations. Don't know how you managed that. He did a good job of it, too, it would have fooled anyone, except the employee I interviewed explained doing it." Rob snorted and shook his head, his hands resting up on his sides above his utility belt. "So, you checked into a room where a body just happened to show up a few hours later? Neat trick."

His eyebrows raised when she paused. "Ah, hah, so it's all about Hopper, huh? Maybe I was mistaken. I thought I could scare you myself, but maybe it's less about what I do to you, and more about what I do to him, huh?"

"Oh... you think you're so smart, don't you. You think you have everything lined up." Shaking her head, she narrowed her eyes, daring to take a step forward, "You know exactly why I was in that hotel room, you sick psychopathic son of a bitch, and why I had Killian change the reservations. And unless you want everyone else to find out why, you need to back off. Off of me. Off of Killian. You're so protected, so safe. But you have no idea the ledge you're out on, do you? Someone's willing to talk. About you, about the precinct... all of it."

Smiling faintly, she looked him up and down, "This little witch hunt… it's gonna end, when they find out everything you've been doing. So go ahead… Threaten me. You…? You're finished."

"Maybe," he agreed, "maybe this will all end, but you know I'll rip one or both of you down with me." He licked the edge of his lip and turned back to his squad. "I'll get that warrant out for you and in the meantime, I'll let Hopper know you say hello."

Rob made his way back to his vehicle slowly, taking his time opening up the door. "And what is that housekeeper's name? Maria? She seems sweet."

Narrowing her eyes, Lucy bent down to unhook her other shoe, "No. It doesn't get to be that easy for you, you bastard. I'm coming in. But you better believe if you lay one finger on me during this drive, or at all. I will scream… and I will make sure every damn person in this city hears me."

"That's my girl," he replied cruelly, unlocking the back door and swinging it open for her. "Well? Get in, princess. We are going for a ride."

Shaking her head, her eyes narrowed as she stepped to the car, her heart still smacking hard against her ribs, "...I was never your girl, Rob. Let's get that straight."

"Yea," he laughed as he slid into the drivers side. "You never let yourself be anyone's girl, do ya?" He pulled out and began towards the station.

Frowning, she eyed the back of his head, as she sank back in the seat. It was her first time in a squad car, and decidedly, it wasn't a position she intended to put herself in, ever again. There was a stench to he leather seat, like sweat and booze and what she prayed wasn't vomit, but just a similar bouquet, and with no locks and the cage between front and back, she felt trapped… horribly trapped. Panic gripped her, but she did her best not to focus on it, dedicating her thoughts instead, to putting her shoes back on.

"Well, let's consider this for a second, shall we? My ex boyfriend is a narcissistic nutjob cop who manipulated our entire relationship, then tried to strangle me in my own apartment when I wouldn't get back together with him. You really think that leaves a girl aching for more?"

"Cop? Babe, I'm the sheriff in this town," he reminded her. "You know…" he continued, reaching for the radio and shutting off, "I'm going to make sure Hopper doesn't make it out of this alive, right? And you either, if I can manage both."

A brow lifted, and she shook her head, "And how are you gonna pull that off, Rob? Not even you can kill two people in the middle of a police station and get away with it."

"Kill? Nah, nah, nah. What's worth than death. Twenty five to life?" He inquired with a smirk, pulling off into the precinct. "Face it, Luc. He's a shoe in for a conviction, and you for accomplice."

"Oh please. You can't manipulate the system that much, either. He's not guilty and you know it and no jury would ever convict him. Especially when I explain to them what you did to me, to keep me quiet. You can't buy everyone, Rob." No matter what Killian thought… Some people were above the price, "I asked you why you're doing this. You never gave me a straight answer… and don't tell me it's cause you think he's evil, Rob. You aren't that stupid."

"Huh. Maybe not yet," he replied, throwing the car into park and sliding out of the car, going up to the back of the car and pulling the door open. "I don't need to buy everyone. Who would believe you, Luc? You're a mess. A psychiatrist with nothing important to your name. I'll prove Killian is guilty, and if you keep following him, you by extension." He rested his hip against the car. "He is evil. He's just too good at hiding it. You don't believe he's good, do you? You're not that stupid."

"Oh… I know what evil looks like, Rob." Her eyes shifted to him, narrowed slightly, "And desperation." Sliding out of the car, she straightened, shaking her head, "But you go on and believe that you're winning. It will make it so much sweeter, when I watch this entire thing crash and burn on top of you."

Killian Hopper
"Mhm," he said, opening the station door for her and waving her inside. "I always liked your confidence, Luc. Found it rather sexy, but you were pretty confident about that one girl, your patient, weren't you? The wiry one, the one who nearly killed herself? That didn't work out so well for you, now did it?" He chuckled, leading the way past the front desks and into the back halls.

"Kim wasn't stable. But she's getting the help she needs, now. And everyone is prone to make mistakes. Just like you will." The tone of her voice wavered slightly, as they moved inside and the close proximity to Rob drove tension through her, chipping away her calm reserves, "You think I'm confident now? You wait until you've lost. I'll be positively irresistible. Too bad you'll be in jail."

"In here," he mentioned, unlocking one of the back interrogation rooms and swinging open the door.

Inside, at the table in handcuffs connected to table was Killian. His hands were laced together and his forehead against them, resisting a strong urge of nausea. The sound of the door caused him to rouse and straighten in his seat, glancing over to Rob and Lucy with a deadened expression, like he hardly recognised them.

"Oops, not this one, I guess," Rob mentioned, letting the door fall closed. "Next one."

Shaking her head, Lucy frowned. More games. More corruption. It was a lawyer's field day, and she couldn't wait to call Mack, "Yeah… sure." She said, rolling her eyes as she followed him to the next room.

Opening the next door, Rob held it for her with a lazy half smile. "Go in and take a seat," he said. "You going to be ready to talk?"

Moving past him, she settled into a chair, giving her shoulders a shrug and she leaned back, watching him, "Depends on the questions, I guess. Why am I here?"

Rob settled in the chair across from her. "To talk about the murders. I know Hopper is behind them, and I have a gut feeling he'll be a little more talkative tonight… but you." He waved his finger at her. "I think you've become one of them."

"Become one of them? I'm sorry… have I stepped into a science fiction movie? One of who, exactly, Rob." A brow lifted as she looked him over, "And you might want to be cautious, there. I hear alcohol abuse can wreak havoc on the gut…"

"A piece of scum. You should be honest with me about your involvement. I'll help you, but Hopper will rat you out. I can't help you if you're not going to help yourself, Luc." His hands were on the table and he leaned over them.

Laughing softly, she shook her head, "That's your angle? Better tattle on him before he tells on me? Oh Rob. That's pitiful. Even for you." Tapping her hands on the table, she smirked, "Wanna known what my involvement is? I had a nutcase try to strangle me in my own apartment… and so because I was afraid, I went to the hotel and asked Killian to switch the names, because I was concerned I might be found… He stayed the night with me, and the following morning, offered me a safe place in his home. That is the entirety of it."

"Yea, that is my angle and you'd be smart to listen to it," he replied, his tone deepening and voice loudening. "Cause I find it awful funny a body showed up just outside that exact room. Don't you think that's a little funny, Luc?" Pressing his weight into his hands, he shrugged. "Alright, well, I offered."

"Not remotely funny, actually. But also not so strange, considering you're trying to frame Killian." She stated, matter-of-factly.

"I told you," he said. "I have this gut feeling he's gunna admit to everything tonight. Call it uhhh… a cop's intuition." Rob gave her a wink.

"What are you planning?" A brow lifted as she straightened, "If you hurt him…"

"Hurt? Sweetheart, I won't need to hurt him," he assured her, popping a hand on her shoulder and giving it a squeeze.

Shifting back, her eyes narrowed up at him, "Don't touch me. What are you planning??"

"I can't tell you anything. I am the one who should be asking questions here." Rob made his way slowly towards the door, pausing when he got his hand on the handle. "But I'll let you sit here a while to wonder."

Hands gripping the table tighter, Lucy shook her head, "You will never get him to admit to anything! And I am gonna take you down…"

"See, the problem is, he's already admitted it." He shrugged. "I wonder how that happened."

"You're lying…" She rose, her eyes moving to the door, "You are lying… He wouldn't…"

"I'm not," he replied. "Tell you what, do you want to go to the watching booth? I'll let you watch with your own two eyes."

"Take me." She growled, moving to the door, "Right now. You take me there…"…"

Rob held the door open for her, leading her up a narrow stairwell and into the viewing pit above the interview room Killian was in. His hands were gripping the edge of the table, his skin pale and glistening with sweat. In front of him, the officer had spread crime scene photos. The officer leaned forward, tapping the edges of one of the photos.

"I did this?" Killian asked, looking disoriented. "Where… who. I did this?"

The officer levelled his eyes with Killian. "Did you?"

"I…" Killian rocked back in his seat. "Where am I?"

Staring through the window, Lucy's eyes shifted swiftly between Killian to Rob, as she shook her head, "You drugged him. This is completely illegal! You drugged him and he cannot confess to a crime under these circumstances!"

"I didn't drug him," Rob clarified, resting his hands on his sides, above his utility belt. The door behind them creaked open. In stepped Jonas, wearing his full blues.

Stepping back, Lucy paled, her eyes widening, "You… you what? What is going on?"

"Hello, Lucy," Jonas replied. "Nice to see you again. How's it's going in here?" He looked back over the interview room below them.

"Did you murder this woman?"

Killian shook his head, his shoulders heaving with heavy breath. "Should I have a lawyer? What— what did you ask me?"

"Did you murder this woman here?" The officer tapped the picture again.

"No, no… I… no, I didn't."

LUCY NIELSEN

"This… You're all insane! I want a phone. Immediately. I'm calling my lawyer. Now!"

"Go ahead," Rob replied. "We seemed him to be of coherent enough mind to interview. Furthermore, he consented to the interview. Hob?"

Jonas pulled the consent form, signed by Killian, and handed it out towards Lucy to show her.

"He's drunk! He had at least five shots and more than that. He can't realistically consent to anything…" Frowning, she looked to Jonas, "Who the hell are you?"

"He consented. It'll be up to a judge and jury to determine if the interview is suitable now," Rob replied. "Once he admits to his crimes."

Jonas glanced to Lucy. "Officer Hob," he replied. "I was undercover at Mint for something unrelated. My interest in you was entirely… genuine."

Ignoring Rob, she shook her head, "Then I'm glad I didn't go anywhere with you… because if you're into it with this psychopath?? Then you… you're just as bad."

"I truly had no interest in anything other than a burger," he clarified, clearing his throat and staring down at the interview.

Killian shoved back from the table, catching himself on the handcuffs and swinging down to his knees. The officer leapt up, looking up at the one way glass.

"Shit," Rob snapped. "Hob, get him up! We can't afford to have him tap out now."

"Do you even know what he's done? What he did to me?? Do you care at--" As Rob called out, Lucy spun, moving to the glass, "No! What did you do to him! What's happening? What's wrong with him?"

Hob turned and disappeared, rushing in a moment into the interview room, grabbing Killian by the shoulders and hauling him up to the chair again. Killian swayed, rocking back and throwing his hands against the cuffs with so much force, the skin peeled back and scraped open.

"Rob," Hob called, holding Killian back. "We need to get him to a hospital."

"You son of a bitch! What did you give him??" Moving to the door, Lucy growled, "Call an ambulance! Now!"

"No!" Rob slammed his hand down on the counter, though Hob couldn't hear him. "We will continue."

"You're insane…" Lucy whispered, stepping past him to reach for the door, "I'm calling one."

"No, continue!" Rob pushed away, walking briskly towards the interview room and pushing through the door. "Continue the interview."

"Sir," the interviewing officer replied, "he's not conscious."

Breathing out at those words, Lucy dug into her purse for her phone, her fingers dialing as her feet moved. She didn't care if it was allowed or not… she made her way into the room after Rob and dropping beside Killian put the phone to her ear as the 911 operator picked up.

"Yes? Hello?? I need an ambulance! I need an ambulance to the 702 precinct immediately!" Reaching out, her free hand hovered over Killian, her eyes darting up to Rob, "What the hell did you give him!!?"

Killian was coming in and out consciousness, sitting back in the chair with his head rolling back, fingers curling against the handcuffs.

"Alright, damnit, damnit. Get him out of the cuffs," but as Rob said it, he flipped through his keys and unlocked them himself.

"Don't you touch him…" Lucy glared up at Rob, before her eyes shifted to the others in the room, "Ambulance is on the way. They're gonna find whatever you gave him… someone's going down for this. Who's gonna take the fall for your Chief? Hm boys? Who's it gonna be?"

"We brought him in from a club," Rob reminded her with a growl, his teeth barred as his lip curled back into a thin, white line. "We aren't privy to anything someone took while out partying. How long has he been here, Hob? Maybe a half-hour? Even if we did give him something here, and we didn't, it wouldn't have reacted this quickly. Plus..." Rob motioned upwards towards the camera in the room. "He's been on camera since the moment he arrived."

"Yeah Rob… cause your word means anything to me. You're a real stalwart example of human decency! You came to my apartment and tried to strangle me… but I'm sure drugging a man in your custody to drag out a false confession is beneath you."

Rob chuckled and just shook his head. "That's sweet. Let whatever pops into your head just fly out your mouth, 'cause that's all your doing." His head swiveled, dark eyes landing on Jonas. "Go wait for the EMTs and help guide 'em in here to pick up this piece of shit."

Killian doubled forward, his face falling into his hand. "My head is on fire."

Not two minutes later, Hob returned in a jog. Behind him, two EMTs swung in through the door propped open, wasting no time coming up next to Killian's side. The woman, a brunette with tanned skin, tenderly pulled Killian's hand away from his face and began to test his eye reactions with a flashlight while her comrade turned to the gathered group. "Anyone have any idea what he could be on?"

Glaring at Rob, Lucy shook her head, "He was drugged. Possibly something slipped into a drink. I was with him most of the night, but there were maybe five minutes when we were split up. But he was completely fine up until I left the bar. Right before he was picked up… for a voluntary interview!"

"Mr Hopper? Can you hear me?" the woman asked, either oblivious or choosing to ignore the tension in the room. Killian looked up to her, his eyes glazed over but his pupils following her as she moved. Slowly, he nodded his head as if the weight of it was a struggle to hold up on his neck.

"Good. Can you tell me if you took something? A capsule? A pill? Did you put something on your tongue, maybe?" Using a gloved finger, she opened his mouth to check for obvious changes of colour. When she finished, Killian shook his head.

"I don't… I don't know."

"Alright, alright, that's okay, you'll be okay. We're going to take you to the hospital now. Is that going to be okay?" Again, Killian nodded.

"I'm going with them…" Lucy said, turning to Jonas, "You wanna prove you're not a part of this mess… do the right thing and find out what the hell happened here. Start with him. Search his desk… Hell. Search his jacket. He keeps a flask on him somewhere." She hissed, a finger pointed at Rob.

Turning, she followed the medics out and outside of the precinct, she hailed a cab to follow the ambulance. At the hospital, she watched as Killian was taken to the trauma unit and stopping in the waiting area she collapsed into a chair, dropping her head into her hands.

One by one, the officers were asked questions by the medical staff, but everyone had the same story: they brought him in under his consent, had no reason to believe he had anything but a little bit of alcohol, when his condition deteriorated quickly. An investigative report was filed through another branch of the city's law enforcement, but when those officers showed up, they took a few notes, jotted down some statements, and left without concern.

Killian Hopper
It was sunrise, nearly six AM, before Lucy's mobile phone rang.

She'd curled back in the chair, and sat, waiting, until she had nearly drifted off. When her phone buzzed in her pocket, she almost slipped out of the seat, heart leaping and pulling it free, she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Lucy Nielsen? My name is Mary Thorton, I'm with Saint Mary's hospital here in downtown Las Vegas, and we have recently admitted a patient, Killian Hopper, who has you listed as his emergency contact. Do you have time to answer a few questions?" the woman on the other end of the line asked.

Blinking, sitting up, Lucy frowned, "He had me listed... " Shaking her head, she brushed aside her confusion as she continued, "Yes. Yes, I'm free. I'm actually at the hospital now. I was there when Killian was brought in."

"Oh, fantastic," she replied. "I just need to know some basic identifying information. His middle initial is listed as 'T', is that correct? And his birthday is February 10th, 1989, is that all correct?"

"T… yes. Yeah. That's it. I…" Frowning, she pinched the bridge of her nose, "I don't actually…" sinking back in her seat, she breathed out, her eyes filling… stinging, "I don't actually know his birthday. I'm sorry."

"That's totally fine," the woman replied. "Do you know of any medications, or allergies, he may have?"

"Um. I… I don't. But I could call someone who might. I'm sorry. This must seem strange. I'm not entirely sure why I was listed. We… I didn't think we were that close. Can I call you back? How… how is he? When can I see him?"

"No problem," the woman replied. "It's just for verification purposes, you aren't in any way obligated or expected to know anything." Her voice sounded as though it was smiling into the phone. "Unfortunately, I don't have any further information about Mr Hopper's state. You can go up to the front desk and they should be able to assist you with visitation."

"Thanks. I… I'll try to get that information as soon as possible." Rising, flipping through her phone, she eyed the number for Liliana's office, but hesitated, her gaze shifting to the desk instead. But it was too important… The information, and she wouldn't feel right visiting Killian's room if she didn't do everything possible to make sure he was safe. With a small sigh, she hit the call button.

On her desk, her phone rang. Liliana's eyes shifted to the phone, reaching over and picking up the phone and pressing it to her ear. "Hello, Lucy," she said cooly. "Why are you calling me?"

"Killian's in the hospital, Liliana. I need to know… does he have an allergies? Any medication he takes daily??"

"In the hospital?" she echoed, falling quiet to consider it. "But they never called me about it." Her fingernails tapped against the desk, a frown deepening across her face. "No, he doesn't have any medications or allergies. Where is he? What's wrong?"

"I was listed as his emergency contact." Lucy said, matter-of-factly, "He's at Saint Mary's. I don't know what's wrong yet, but I will call as soon as I have more information." She was terse, though not out of anger, her fear gripping her, ruining her ability to focus on controlling her emotions, "I'll call." She repeated, and hanging up, she made her way to the desk.

"Hi. Lucy Nielsen… I'm Killian Hopper's emergency contact. Is… is there any word on his condition? Am I able to see him?"

Liliana didn't even have time to make a reply, though she scoffed at Lucy's words. Thankfully, the woman at the desk seemed friendlier, looking up to Lucy as she approached the desk.

"Hopper," she said as she typed in the name, "Killian… mm, oh my, my computer is so slow this morning." She made a soft laugh. "Alright, here we are. Yes, just got update he's out of ICU and has been stabilised and is a room. Can I see your I.D., miss? Then, I'll have you sign in and you're welcome to go see him."

Breathing out, she nodded and digging into her purse, pulled out the card, "Do they know… does it say what happened? What he was given?"

The woman took Lucy's ID and punched in some information into her computer. "It says here his toxicology screen showed flunitrazepam." The woman looked up and handed the ID back. "That's the fancy word for Rohypnol, or roofies. His room is 217. You're going to go around the corner here, through those double doors. Take the elevator to the second floor and take a right."

Before the woman had finished, Lucy had started off, moving swiftly with a wave and a 'thanks'. She had no doubt… none at all that there was more to what had happened than she knew. But how deep did it go? How far down the rabbit hole.

Reaching the elevator, she pressed the button and taking the lift up, she brought to mind Rob's words. It couldn't be a coincidence… he had been so sure Killian would give in. So sure. It had to have been Rob… but how?

Moving down the hallway as the doors opened, she made for the door marked 217 and with a breath, she stepped inside, moving tentatively to the bedside, "...Killian? You awake?"

LUCY NIELSEN

"No," was Killian's response. His eyes were closed, and his face, normally a handsome bronze, was ashen. He was burning to the touch, but a cold sweat glistened in his gaunt features. When he finally forced his eyes open, switching his gaze towards Lucy underneath heavy lids, there was a bit more of himself in his gaze than had been prior. He recognized her, for one, and there was more coherence in him.

The heavy dose of saline being pumped into him via the needle in his arm was certainly helping, but he still felt as though he had the most crushing hangover of his life. His head felt as though it was pressed between a vice grip that was cranking tighter, bit by bit. He was afraid it might crush him, with enough time. "You look tired."

Sitting beside the bed in the provided chair, she looked him over, shaking her head, "Slept in a chair. It'll happen. But I'm fine." Reaching out, tentatively at first, she reached for his hand, curling her own around it, "Listen, Hopper. If you're gonna put me as your emergency contact, you're gonna need to at least tell me your birthday, yeah? Threw me for a loop there."

Swallowing, blinking the dampness from her eyes, she sank back in the seat, "You were drugged. Roofied. I think maybe this is getting too big for just the two of us, Killian... I'm scared. Big time."

Killian barely had enough energy to open his eyes, but he found enough to tangle his fingers up with hers, a little more snuggly. "Heh, yea, I didn't actually expect that to ever be needed, but I knew you'd at least show up. It's February 10th, 89, for the record."

He hummed softly. "Yea, so I heard. They asked me if I thought I might know who it could be. I doubt it was you, and that really leaves a bartender, Amaya, or that… one guy you left with." He vaguely remembered the man chatting up Lucy, but everything after that turned into a hazy fog. There were pieces he could recall. He remembered getting in the squad, but not the ride. He remembered the police station doors, but not entering them.

"It had to be Jonas." She said, coolly, "He's a cop, Killian. Works for Rob. If…" Breathing in, she shook her head, "God. If I had left with him…"

"He's a cop? You didn't sleep with him? Shit, I was so sure you were going to get in those trousers. He had a big forehead." He didn't seem to recall that he'd already informed Lucy of his opinion on the man's brow size. "He's a cop though? That's a bummer."

Giving him a look, she shook her head, "He wasn't that good looking, Killi… but if you want me to get his number for you, I can." Giving his hand a squeeze, she shook her head, "Be serious for a second, yeah? Rob knew. When he had me in the other room. He kept saying you were gonna talk. It can't be a coincidence. He has to have been involved. I just… I don't understand why. This has to be bigger than him being jealous of you."

"I don't remember being in the police station at all," he admitted. "I have no idea if I said anything, or what I said." He scrunched his nose. Nothing was more frustrating, and terrifying, than having no recollection of a good chunk of time, especially when he was in a police station being questioned about murders.

"You didn't confess." She said, with something of a small, but triumphant smile, "When things started going south, Rob was furious. He was so sure he had you." Sitting back, she shook her head, "I know you didn't think he was involved in the murders… but I'm not so sure. He's out of his mind, Killian. Really genuinely out of his mind. The things he was saying… the way he looked at me. Honestly? If you hadn't blacked out, I'm not sure I would have made it out of there alive."

"Maybe," he agreed, letting his eyes fall close with a tired sigh. "I just can't believe he's smart enough to put together murders like that. The person avoided all security, cameras… he doesn't seem rational enough to be that controlled, but maybe." Killian furrowed his brows as a throbbing renewed behind his eyes.

"None of this seems rational to me. But it doesn't matter. Not right now. You're safe, and that's what we need to focus on, right now. Whoever did this? They don't care if you get hurt in the process… We need to be safer. Smarter. You should also call Maria. Tell her to take some time off. He… he threatened her, Killian. Rob. Vaguely.... But it was there."

"Mmm." Killian's fingers twitched. "Doctor said I should be released in a few hours tops. I just want to go home." Once he was in the comfort of his own house, and he could shake off the aching pains all throughout his body a little, he figured he'd be able to look ahead a bit more clearly.

Lowering her gaze, she frowned softly, "I… I know I told you last night I'd get packed up when you got home. Got a little side tracked." Rubbing the back of her neck with her free hand, she shrugged, "If you still want me out… I understand."

"I never said I wanted you out," he replied. "Unless I said it within the last seven to nine hours, in which case, those don't count 'cause I don't remember them. Wait, when did you say that?" Killian rolled his head to the side to look at her, though his eyes barely opened. "Last I remember, we did bodyshots and… and you were talking with that guy. I don't, I don't remember anything after that, really."

"Oh… wow." Looking at him, a brow lifted, "So you don't remember those three amazing hours we spent together? Damn." Biting the edge of her lip, she smirked, faintly, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't tease. I'm just glad you're okay. It doesn't matter what we talked about. Probably better you don't remember, honestly."

"Pfff," he snorted. "If I remember correctly, you were swooning over Ken McForehead and his knock-off Rolex. It was a knock-off, by the way." It seemed Killian was getting back to his usual self.

Smiling, she shrugged, "How the hell else was I supposed to get your attention away from the Body Shot queen? You're not an easy man to make jealous, Killian."

"Fake Rolexes won't do it," he replied, "Because I have real ones." He snorted at her, showing the first hints of a smirk. "Are you jealous of Amaya, Lucy?" His smile became a little more earnest. "Do you know how I know Amaya? She was Liliana's girlfriend before I stole her away."

Staring at him, she shook her head before a soft laugh escaped, "Well… Hell if I got that from the way you were wearing her all night. But yes. I was jealous."

"Not everything is as it appears," he replied. Moving one hand underneath himself, he sat up a little bit further, taking care not to jostle his other arm with the needle too much. "You shouldn't be jealous."

"Yeah?" Looking up, she kept her expression even, her heart giving a jolt as she shifted slightly, "Why's that?"

"Because jealousy might've been what started this whole mess to begin with." His head spun with the movement. "And I didn't ask Amaya to stay at my house, now did I?"

Breathing out a soft, dry laugh, she shrugged, "Not exactly, no. But you're right… it's not a good feeling. I'm not a fan. And I shouldn't have tried to make you jealous, either. It's never been hard for me, before you… being honest about my feelings."

"Well, glad my near death experience could result in such a pleasant conversation." Killian slouched back against the pillows, too exhausted to keep at it any longer. "Guess I just have a tendency of doing that to people."

"You're an intimidating man, Killian. It's not what I'm used to, but it's also part of what makes you so attractive. But it confuses me… and I'm not used to giving up control like that."

"Nah, it's my well proportioned forehead that makes me attractive," he corrected her, closing his eyes and resting his head back with a grunt of discomfort.

Shifting, she pushed upright and silently, she leaned forward to press a ginger kiss to his forehead, leaning back just enough to meet his gaze, "Yeah. You caught me. It's definitely that aesthetically shaped forehead."

Killian sighed-- a deep, heavy breath of air that showed more building tension than relaxation. There was still a lot they'd have to face and their night out merely piled on more stress than took any away, like he hoped it might. Up until that point, he'd sort of shrugged off the idea of everything being targeted, assuming he'd just been in the wrong spot at the wrong time, but it was a hard thing to shrug off then, after a few hours stay in a hospital because he got doped.

His brow crinkled a little further at the sudden kiss, her lips feeling so cold against his feverish skin. "What now you think?" he asked. Everything had turned muddled between him, her, Rob…

"I want to talk to Mack. He sent me a text last night. One of Rob's cronies wants to talk. It's not a guarantee, but it's a start. But I think we need to go somewhere safe. Somewhere Rob won't know. Even if he's not responsible for the murders.... He knows too much. And he's dangerous."

"I guess, but wouldn't that look worse? Hiding out. Police are going to be looking for us, for interviews, for information…" It felt like his eyes were being gouged out with screwdrivers. "I have a team of lawyers on retainer."

"Might be time to involve them, honestly. They're not gonna play fair, and we can't keep expecting that to change." Sinking back in her chair, she sighed, "But maybe you're right. It just scares me that Rob knows where we are. That he has that advantage."

"I've been in touch with them since I decided to close down the hotels indefinitely," he replied. "All I want to think about right now is a hot shower, and a nap."

"Okay. Let's get you out of here, then." Chuckling dryly, she sat up straighter, "A shower and a nap sound good. Hospital waiting room chairs… definitely not a recommended place to sleep. Let me find a doctor and get you cleared…"

"Just press my little nurse call point." He nudged his head towards the button near the side of his bed. Already, he was planning what he'd do once he'd get home. He decided standing for a shower would be too difficult, but a bath would be appreciated.

Reaching for the button, she pressed it, "Before I forget… I had to call Liliana. I needed to know if you had allergies or medications." Sitting straighter, she looked to him, "Killian… Why did you make me your emergency contact?"

"In my line of business, I don't make a lot of friends, and that's the way I like it. I am proud of my independence, and I prefer to be alone, but I knew if I was in trouble, you'd be the person to show up before anyone else," he explained.

Within a minute of the button being pressed, a male nurse strolled in. "Mr Hopper?"

It was a great deal of trust that she simply had not expected him to show, and a lump formed in her throat as she turned towards the door, grateful for the sudden interruption, "Mr. Hopper wants a hot shower and a nap in his own home. Who do I need to talk to, to make that happen faster?"

"Ueh, don't get all sappy on me." Killian lolled his head to the side, squinting as the nurse stepped in. The pain in his head was so intense, his vision lost focus.

"Well." The Nurse reached for Killian's chart, pulling back the cover and leafing through it. "I can talk to his doctor. He'll need someone to help discharge him, as in, agree to stay with him for twenty-four hours."

"I'm not going anywhere…" She said, both to the nurse and Killian, "He'll be well looked after."

"Alright, I'll be back in a bit. " A few minutes after he disappeared, his doctor entered after a knock, holding a small stack of papers.

"Hello, Mr Hopper," the doctor said with a smile below his moustache. "I'm going to okay you for release. I have some forms I need you to sign and some information here and we'll get you on your way."

Killian sifted through the paperwork, signing what he needed to sign before the doctor helped him remove his IV. His belongings were retrieved and he was allowed to go the bathroom to change, though he looked painfully uncomfortable standing with the sharp pains still in his head.

"Alright, I think I'm ready," he muttered as he stepped from the bathroom, hand against his head.

With little to retrieve beyond her purse, Lucy rose as Killian appeared from the bathroom, nodding, and moving to lend him a shoulder to lean on,which in retrospect seemed ridiculous, given her height, "They've got cabs out front, but I can call for a towncar if you think you'd be more comfortable."

"I don't care right now." He just wanted to be home and not have to spend the next hour in a car of any kind. Pulling his mobile from his breast pocket, he frowned at the number of missed calls and put it away, deciding it wasn't worth to deal with.

Nodding, she turned to the door, "Just lean if you get dizzy. We'll get there." It was slow going and probably would have gone faster if they'd gotten a wheelchair, but she wanted to afford Killian some decency after all he had been through. Leading him to the exit, she gestured to the chairs she'd spent the night in while she went to arrange a cab and returned a few minutes later.

Killian Hopper
In the cab, settled, she leaned back, pinching the bridge of her nose, "So… decidedly, I don't think the clubbing life is for me."

"Alright, I think I'm okay." He was, but he was slow. His head continued to pound and the nausea was working its way up from his stomach, but he swallowed it back hard. He took a seat until the cab was ready to take them, and it was a fight to stand again.

It was a pain to get in the cab and Killian decided if that was what it was like to get old, he didn't want to age. "It's for me. Club drugs? Not so much."

"Not so sure I'll be able to separate the two in my mind after last night…" It had been a very long time since she felt so out of control. So unnervingly frightened. It was definitely not a feeling she wanted to ever revisit, "At any rate… I'm in no rush to get back."

The cab ride felt lengthier than normal, between the nerves and the early morning traffic, but when they finally arrived, the anxiety only increased as Lucy looked up to the massive house with a small frown.

"Ready?"

"Yea," he answered, looking up to his house and fishing for his keys. He paid the driver and got out, weakly rearing his hand on the frame to steady himself for a minute. Only then did he make his way slowly to the front door and let them both in. "Home, sweet, home."

Following after him, she steered close, and entering the house, looked around, that same sense of dread filling her, nearly overwhelming, "You couldn't have a giant German Shepherd or something?"

"What? A German shepherd? I'm hardly home enough to have a dog." He managed to wiggle his coat off, throwing it over a hook. "The house has decent security, anyways. Not that cameras stopped the murderer before, but hey, it's harder to get in here than an open door casino."

"True…" But his words did little to stave off the nervous feeling she felt, as she looked around the empty foyer,"Okay. Let's get you upstairs and settled."

Killian was already on his way up the steps, pausing in the kitchen to fill a glass of water for himself. "I'm going to go take a bath. I, uh, I think I'll manage that without you."

Chuckling, she shook her head, "Bashful, Killian? You've seen me practically in the buff twice now. I call unfair." But it was only a teasing rib and nodding, she followed after him, "I'll just get it drawn for you and stand outside the door till you're in… then I'll be down the hall and you can call if you need me."

Blinking, she chuckled, "That… came out weird."

"Basheful? Nah. I just know how you feel about the perfection of my forehead, and I don't want to overwhelm you with the perfection of my everything else," he clarified, turning off and beginning to make his way further down the hall. "And I don't need you to turn the water on for me. I also learned how to use the knobs. Don't need to worry about me, it's a walk in tub."

Shaking her head, she smiled, "Fair enough. But you're gonna have to let me fuss over something. I'm contractually obligated for the next twenty-four hours. You hungry? I make an absolutely incredible omelet."

"Listen, I am not going to stop you if you want to watch me strip and get in the bath," he clarified, swinging into his bedroom and already fumbling with the buttons of his shirt. He got them, but they weren't as easy as they usually were with the shaking in his head. "But yea, I could use some breakfast."

Shaking her head, she smirked, "Tempting as that sounds… I'd better not. Might not be able to resist, and I don't think you could handle me right now, Hopper." With a wink, she turned away, "Call if you need me. I'll be down in the kitchen."

"Wasn't I just date raped?" he called back from the bathroom over the sound of the tub gushing. "I think you'd have to handle me."

"Maybe after breakfast." She called back, before making her way back downstairs. The momentary joking back and forth was a welcome distraction, but not long enough… in the kitchen, the anxiety returned tenfold, and as she moved to the fridge to fish out the ingredients, Lucy couldn't quite shake the feeling their nightmare wasn't over.

Stripping out of his clothes from the night before and letting them fall in a heap, Killian descended into the submerged bath, melting into the hot water as he sunk up to his chest. He stretched himself out, resting back against the stone and closing his eyes. Immediately, everything felt just a little bit better. His muscles stopped aching a little bit, his head pounded with less ferocity. The water recycled slowly, keeping the bath hot, and only after he rinsed all the grime away with soap did he allow himself to lounge. He would have stayed there all morning if he was allowed.