C O V E R T » info/ooc

G

GuanYue

Original poster

xEwYQH0.png

IN CHARACTER OUT OF CHARACTER CHARACTER SHEETS

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF CORPUS VERITAS - COVERT

Welcome to the wonderful world of COVERT. This thread is dedicated to the basic info that you'll need before you start your journeys as COVERT agents. Please refer to the TABLE OF CONTENTS below to help you navigate to various links that you may need.

WHAT IS COVERT?
CORPUS VERITAS, or COVERT, is a secret organization nestled and hidden within New York's business district that handles the affairs between the 'seen' and 'unseen' worlds. Every legend, folklore, myth and wives tale has some kind of truth to it, and it is COVERT's job to make sure that the peace between the average human society and those of the otherwise considered supernatural, paranormal, mythical and magical.

Whether it be through investigating and claiming legitimacy to supernatural occurrences to tracking and eliminating threats, COVERT agents are qualified to handling an array of situations and circumstances. Individuals are brought into the secret agency and given a chance to do something more with themselves---willingly or not--and to become an efficient and productive member of their own kind of society. A melting pot of individuals of all kinds (normal humans, supernatural, mythical or even extraplanar to name a few) all live, work, and interact with one another on a level of understanding that the world is just not what it seems.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
C O V E R T » World & Info

RULES AND REGULATIONS

Even though this is an invite only thread, I've still got some ground rules and specific concepts to cover. I'm going to be quite frank, so I apologize if the tone comes off rude. Just know that the way I write this is because I care.

RESPECT, NO DRAMA
I will in no way, shape, or form, allow any player drama to befall this roleplay. If you have an issue about something, please for the love of all things, work it out. If you're salty about something, just tell the other person. If someone hurt your feelings, if you didn't like how something was done, or how something is being handled, say something. Nothing can be fixed if everything is being scrutinized behind other's backs. So let's not spread animosity and respect each other by letting us know when there's a problem or conflict of interest.

INVITE ONLY WITH A LITTLE INVITE
Yes, this is an invite-only thread. Meaning you must be invited to join. If you haven't been invited but you see this and really really want to join, then you may go through a filtering process to see if you might be a good fit. Unfortunately it's more than just making a character and seeing if it fit--I will be implementing an interview process to ensure that there is no conflict of interest and once again, no drama will befall the rp. It's strict, I know, and yes, it's meant to scare off people that are on the fence. But by all means, if you want to find some cool people to hang with, make some good friends and have some good COVERT stories, then please feel free to submit your interest. To submit your interest, send Dao Ma a PM and I will send you a questionnaire in response. Filtering process will be done privately.

CHARACTERS
This is going to be short, sweet and simple. 8 characters maximum per player. Out of those characters, only 3-4 can be considered main characters at once (meaning the others will be secondary characters/flavor to the scenes/extra interactions/used as necessary). You are allowed to rotate who is brought into the forefront and who is thrown into the background after a certain amount of scenes. You are not required to have multiple characters--it's an optional thing. If you have less than 4 characters, any/all characters will be considered main characters. Anime/illustrated/etc style pictures only. And TBH, I don't particularly care what your character is, what they do, how OP af they are, just so long as they fit in the universe. This is meant to be fun, so if you want to let loose a little, we can definitely discuss what will work.

POSTING
Okay, so. I just wanted to be clear and let you guys know this is going to be chill af in terms of posting. One paragraph, multiple, add a meme, I don't really care. Generally stick to third person. No fancy formats are required. I don't have a time frame for posting. I do expect there be periods where we bullet post back and forth and other times where it just stops for days. But remember that we can pick it up and any point in time and keep posting. If we're all out of ideas for a certain scene, let me know and we'll just skip onto something more interesting. It's formally informal.