C# Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lewi I wish the best for you. I'm open to look at code but honestly, it's more hassle that has no potential benefits for me. It'd take me several days just to TRY to start. I can try to translate what you don't understand but that's all I can offer. Nonetheless if you want to learn all of this I'll help how I can. I have a solid base in Visual C#.

Well, I played around and I can set a spawn point and move in all directions. :)

It'll be difficult because you're just jumping in balls-deep straight from the start. I have no experience with Unity, but trying to create a game without any coding experience is gonna be very, very confusing, in the same way that asking someone to explain how the LHC works is going to be confusing as fuck if you dropped physics in 10th Grade.

My advice is to begin at the beginning. Start to learn to do basic coding rather than trying to find info on stuff way above your current understanding. C# is, to my knowledge, a decent language to start with - easier and more intuitive than C++, apparently, even though C++ is more powerful. That way, you'll learn how to actually code, and that deeper understanding of the foundations will allow you to be a lot more creative and efficient at constructing your game.

Jumping into something head first is how I roll. lol jk jk No, I have been trying to learn the coding that way I will know it for future reference, but in my experience of developing games before, I got tired of playing with weak engines. So I upgraded to unity. And with that came a whole new world of things to learn. So far I am off to a good start I believe and I am starting to grasp how the code works!

Jumping into something head first is how I roll. lol jk jk No, I have been trying to learn the coding that way I will know it for future reference, but in my experience of developing games before, I got tired of playing with weak engines. So I upgraded to unity. And with that came a whole new world of things to learn. So far I am off to a good start I believe and I am starting to grasp how the code works!
It's mainly about perseverance, with coding. Sure, there are some people who just GET it, but for the vast majority of us it's just toying around with it until you figure out "Ooohhhh, THAT does THIS..."

Reactions: LunaValentine
Basically how i'm learning it right now. XDDD I have learned that Vector in this basically just equals a position and once I got that it became a WHOLE lot easier.

I can't give any advice on specific goals, but I agree with the others on working your way up there.

Here's another way of saying it from some experts on the matter.

Hey.

I'd recommend sticking to the tutorials until you grasp it, and if you don't feel like there are good tutorials for C#, try some for other languages. That may seem peculiar, but most modern programming languages have the same structure and general flow, so learning other languages will also help you writing in C#. For the purposes of understanding C# better, I'd try to learn Java, Python or LUA (with those last two you should try to look for tutorials for object-oriented programming, as they support multiple ways of programming and because C# is object-oriented). Perhaps playing Minecraft with the ComputerCraft mod wouldn't be a bad idea - the language you use in that is LUA and there are tons of tutorials for it. Buying a book seems unnecessary unless you really have problems to understand any of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewi
Status
Not open for further replies.