Business As Usual

Nalan did not put two-and-two together :D

She looked at Jorya and tilted her head questioningly. "I'm not really one for spilling out my whole life story. It doesn't matter why I became what I am, I just am. And it doesn't matter how I became what I am."

"But stories are what make this life worth living." She said, reaching out and basically feeling the Twi'lek up with The Force. Mostly, she was trying to really get a read on her, how powerful she was, how well-trained, how much good she'd be if the place broke out in an all out brawl...

"Well this story of mine stays shut within these blue lips of mine." Nalan crossed her arms across her chest and sat back against the booth chair defianantly. "If you, however, feel like sharing, -then by all means- the 'floor is yours.'"

"Well, I was born at an early age...my father took one look at me and gouged my eyes out with a rusty spoon..." She said, making eye gouging motions with her hands. "So, you know, I learned to cope." She shrugged and gave her new friend a charming smile.

"No, he didn't. I know your race and play a very convincing blind person. Smacking yourself into the wall was a very nice touch, by the way." Nalan gave an amused smile

Jorry let a grin creep across her lips and spread across her entire face. "You must have met some others like me. Not a whole lot of us left now, though..." She pushed the scratchy bit of cloth up onto her forehead, rubbing at the smooth skin where her eyes should be. There were sockets there, sure, but the skin just didn't part. "Damn that thing itches..."

"So why not take it off? I'm not squeamish." In fact, Nalan was genuinely curious what she looked like under there. She new there were no eyes and it wasn't a black hole or whatever, but it would still be interesting to say that she saw what a Miralukan's "eyes" looked like. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours," Nalan joked hoping she would get it.

She laughed. "Well, I keep them hidden for the same reason one doesn't usually walk around with their lightsaber in plain view. "Force users aren't exactly welcomed around, especially in such a place as this." She felt out around them again, then back close. She shrugged though and reached up, untying the cloth from her head. She put it down on the table and looked at her. "Spooky, huh?"

"I don't want to hide my lightsaber. I am proud of what I am, and I like knowing that people will not mess with me when they know I can cut their limbs off." As Joryn took off her fabric, Nalan leaned closely against the table and stared in fascination. "Amazing," she said, and really meant it.

Jorry itched at where one of her eyes would be lightly and shrugged. "Well, you know, except the people that slaughtered all the other Jedis they could...ones stronger than you, too, I'm sure." The other woman's arrogance on the matter was grating. She swallowed memories of her parents, shoving them deep down into her stomach where she could drown them with alcohol.

"Amazing?" She reached up and poked at the skin where her eyes should be again. "This is amazing? I mean, it's fun, sure, but...I mean, I see fine as you figured out...and I'm glad I can pass for human if I need to...which I usually do. They don't care that I'm not a Jedi...but being force sensitive, well...I'm not really Sith material personally..."

"Look," Nalan said while standing all of a sudden and putting her wait on the table to face the Miraluka head-on. Nalan spread her hands against the table and gave an angry look. "I became a Jedi to protect myself from people who want to use me and who cannot see past this damned body of mine. All they see is someone to play with, and to use as they please. But with my lightsaber, I am no fucked with. Hardly anyone comes near me, and I prefer it that way. I had nothing to do with the Jedi slaughter." Nalan turns on her heel and her lekku swung around her. "Damned blind woman.."

Jorry just sat there, elbow on the table, chin on her hand, while the Twi'lek ranted at her. "I didn't say you had anything to do with it. I said you should be careful because there are people who are hunting you down for two reasons...one for your body, and one for other abilities...I had nothing to do with the slaughter of my race or the Jedis, but I learned to hide who I am to avoid being slaughtered like them."

"I also learned how to not make a scene. You should sit back down." She lifted her other hand lazily and moved Nalan for her, using the force which she supposedly wasn't trained in using, to pull the Twi'lek back into her seat. "Look, I'm trying to be helpful, ok?" She picked up the cloth and wrapped it back around her eyes tightly. "That's all."

Nalan grumbled an unintellgable response after she was forced back into her seat. She knew how to not make a scene, but Joryn had gotten under that blue skin of hers, and she was not comfortable with that.

(x.x sorrry i,m tired)

((lol it's ok))

"There. That's better." She smirked. "So. How about a drink, huh?" She waved to the bartender who was always amazed she could just sorta know when he looked her way. He fixed two drinks and sent them over with a waitress.

Jorry took hers and smiled. "Calm down. Enjoy yourself."

When was the last time that Nalan really had enjoyed herself? She couldn't even remember... She took a sip of drink and looked at its contents as she took it back from her lips. Then, not really thinking, drank the rest of it in a few gulps. She always had liked that burn when she drank a lot quickly. "So what're you doing out here anyway?"

"Well, I'm a smuggler. I'm waiting for later in the day when I'm supposed to meet with a new contract." She shrugged. "I've got the time, and usually when I get bored, I get....well....I start looking for trouble." She grinned. "Hence following you around and teasing you and prodding the proverbial Wookie with a stick."

"And I am a smuggler." Nalan was always looking for a new lead for a smuggling job. "Perhaps we could do business sometime? I have many connections," she bragged.

"Oh yeah? Me too." She smiled. "I'd love to share some business with you so long as the favor is returned."