Bushido - The Path of Honor (Sign up/OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, @Xenonia the character itself is good, but I can not accept it yet for reasons I will explain in a moment.

@Dinorocket @Parser @cvvc @BrotherNier I unfortunately will temporarily have to revoke my acceptance.
Why?
Because no one followed the rules :)
Please go and read them

Last edited:
I did read the rules, it's just very easy to forget something like that when actually working on the sheet.

It's edited now.

Yeah I probably should have said no one followed the rules instead of saying no one read them XD my bad. Thanks though, he's now officially accepted.

Rule #1 is my favorite by the way. It's the easiest to remember.

Alright, your character is accepted as well :)

I'll add both names to the front post in a moment. (Dinner time)

Alright added the rule that has been deemed the favorite, so updated the CS as foretold by the ancient prophecy.

Last edited by a moderator:
"(You're kind of grasping for reasons to reject us here.)"
What Im doing is ensuring that people have actually read the rules. Its not a reason to refuse people ^^ just a way to check if they have payed the rules any mind ;)

Anyway, thanks for adding or otherwise making it known it has been read :)

There we go, four out of five have been added to the second post. Just waiting for cvvc to mention they read the rules, and I can add that character too and all that have been submitted so far will be set :)

Uh, you listed parser as playing my character. It's a minor thing but still

Rule number 15 is strictly superior
Also I edited my sheet

Last edited by a moderator:
XD oh gosh sorry about that, didn't mean to mix things up >.<

And cvvc while I'm editing the wrong names out, I'll bring Kūruna to the second post as well :)

Character Name: Noake, Sako
Ranking: Warrior
Appearance: Sako stands around 5'8" with broad shoulders, a stout figure, and disproportionately long legs. His long black hair remains in bound flat across the back of his head while his face is harshly angled with a small nose, thick brow, and pointed chin. In a word, his visage could be described as warlike.
Family History: The Naoke family has remained a line of warriors since the day of their founding, around 1200 CE. Since such founding, they have eschewed all those who wished to marry outside their holdings and those of which refused to follow Bushido. While samurai are the only ones permitted to use bows, they have also deemed these to be cowardly and have forbidden any from their line to use such weapons.
Job: Sako is a warrior first and foremost, finding all but the blade to be dull, save that it is expected of a noble to be sociable and political.
Theme: Classic, but Sakura's "Cherry Bolossom"
Hobbies: None, save literature. He is entirely devoted to the blade and sees use for little else.
Extra: All covered above.

Rule 1, because it's crucial to follow the other rules.

he's good. I'll add him to the list shortly

But... Samurai who didn't use bows were considered unskilled and poorly trained.

But... Samurai who didn't use bows were considered unskilled and poorly trained.

Then the family is disrespected because of it, I understand the repercussions of it.

Character Name: Notowata, Kurai
Ranking: warrior
Appearance: medium to long dark brown hair. Kurai carries a soulless look in his Green eyes which doesn't go along with his more chipper attitude. He's quite slender for a samurai but has muscle definition. He isn't all that tall either, maybe reaching 5' 9".
Family History: Kurai is from the Notowata family which has a long samurai history. They worked in the line of mercenaries though many would say it's dishonorable. Yet it wasn't all that it seemed. Their decisions when taking a job never revolved around money and how much they would be paid. It was always around the consequence for their family. Another way they were different was the fact that the also learned hand t hand combat. It only started 200 years ago for a simple reason. In battle mistakes happen and you may be unarmed, what use would you be then? So some families do't believe their full fledged samurais yet they won't say it to their faces. They still work yet some believed they 'disappeared'. His father is now the master of their family which was bestowed on him when his grandfather. Kurai has an older brother and three younger sisters. Two of his sisters are into medicine the third one is into writing and advanced far into her academics. His brother studied fighting alongside Kurai and worked in their father's line of work.
Job: Bushido is always first and was a wanderer for a while. He doesn't know if he'll continue wandering but for now he works as a cook at a ramen and dumpling shop.
Theme:
Hobbies
: He always enjoyed cooking and reading. So on a good day you may just smell dumplings coming from his home. He also meditates hoping the voice in his head would leave and to calm his nerves.
Extra: Kurai went awol on his family three years ago. He went into his father's line of work and as his family describe an alter ego seems to emerge. He always has a childlike innocence when it came to killing or speaking of death. Ever since leaving the voice still speaks so he may have an odd for of multi-personality disorder or something else.
7a5917486d4f60dacef84c2cab14346f.jpg

Character Name: Hanaka, Inari
Ranking: N/A
Appearance: Inari is only 5' 4" and weighed 121 pounds. She had a smooth face that's quite fair and a small button like nose. Inari has large Almond shaped eyes with brown irises. She's not fully slender but curvy.
Family History: Her mother was a nurse while her father ran off. She doesn't remember him so it doesn't bother her. Inari's mother taught her all she needed to know in case of emergency since samurais tend to get themselves into trouble. She use to spend her time learning how to suture in case of those emergencies ever did arise.
Job: She works at a tea house as a hostess/singer, pretty much a Geisha
Theme: N/A for now.
Hobbies:
studying to get her nursing degree. It's not like see wants to be a Geisha forever so being a doctor would be better. She also loves dancing and learned it since she was little. Lastly singing, you can hear it most at the tea house.
Extra: She actually has tattoo's which the tea house doesn't mind; adds character in their mind. She has bouquet of blossoms on her right shoulder and a skull with a dagger for a tongue on her left wrist. On her back there is a pair of feathered wings.
3969464_normal.jpg

(Rule #2 or 7 couldn't decide)

Last edited:
Rule number 15 is my fav, but 6 is what I consider the most important :)

Character Name: Ryuken, Jubei
Ranking: Samurai Warrior
Appearance: Dark brown hair (almost black), brown eyes, 6 feet tall, top physical condition (about 90Kg), some battle scars and worn off armour
mitsu-sc4-art.jpg
Family History: He descends from a samurai clan that was extinguished all but one person who became a ronin samurai, ever since the Samurai tradition and teachings have passed from father to son. He's parents have died of old age and he has no affiliations with anyone.
Job: He's Samurai, sword for hire and a wanderer.
Theme: Background music for the main battles in the Rurouni Kenshin Anime.
Hobbies: He likes to read and appreciate most of art forms.
Extra: (For Olissa: Not the same from the other RP we have XD, will be a totally different char, I was thinking he'd be the descendant, if you allow)
I was thinking we could form up a samurai clan?

Hades, would you categorize Jubei as Samurai or Ronin, as he's a wanderer.
Lucifers Sairen, shall I list Hanaka as hostess and Notowa as a cook? Would that work

Other than than that I'll say good.

If other samurai's here would agree that we can all be (or at least some of us) in a clan
then - Samurai
otherwise - Ronin
I was planning that he would a wanderer in the sense that he just arrived there, he travelled around the world to fight different opponents and sharpen his skills. Once in a place he'd work as Ronin - Sword for hire, till he get's tired.
He'd have no problems joining a clan if it was with people who shared the same principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.