Burning Away OOC/Signup (Always Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw man, I don't like missing a few days because it takes forever for me to catch back up and by that time more posts have come and then I end up getting lost. I think I'm going to have to respectfully withdraw myself and Geralt for the time being. I don't... really have the mental fortitude right now to write up a removal post, but I suppose just act like he excused himself and slipped back into the shadows to return at a future date. I know it's kind of a cop-out, but I'm dealing with some family issues at the moment so you'll have to excuse me if I'm not at 100%.

@Sofa King Fancy
Hey, don't worry about it. Fortunately, the only thing that Astoria has missed is a period of lots and lots of conversation, so she's not as behind as it looks. That all sounds really chaotic, and I understand what that's like. Like I said, your character is in a really good position for this sort of thing right now so it all works out.

@Solistor
That's perfectly alright, some things have to come first before play. The situation resolved itself in a sort of roundabout way, anyway. I hope things start to look up for you soon, please don't feel pressured to post if there are things you have to take care of.

Name: Lysander Westermen

Appearance: Standing approximately six feet off the ground, and heaving a large 16 stones; Lysander is a strong and powerful man, doing well to impress many with his formidable stature. The man is best described as being a boulder, or large rock. Somewhat round, the man keeps a bull's broad chest and a flat stomach that wouldn't be out of place on a young boy. Chestnut hair, flecked with small amounts of whitening grey, stays on top the man's head, short and messy. Contrasting with the messy field of brown grass atop himself, Lysander keeps a neatly trimmed and short beard, skin barely shown underneath the prim facial hair. Going well with his short, and stocky build, Lysander's skin is best put as sinewy and battle-tested, and wouldn't be unusual to see amongst the throngs of experienced smithys. The towering man has distinctive eyes - small, close-set, and oddly pale, akin to two chips of dirty ice.

Clothing: Normally, Lysander sports a hefty set of silvered plate armor, adding further girth and size to his already impressive stature. Underneath the beautiful, yet undecorated, set of plate armor is chain mail, accompanied by hard leather padding. Despite the fact this would make a normal man far too weighed down, Lysander moves faster than one would suspect. The only part of him that is not triple-layered with the protective skins of armor is his head. Preferring to see his enemy clearly, and for his unlucky opponent to see his own face. Outside of wearing armor, a rare occurrence for the man, Lysander wears a set of clothing that betrays his warrior nature, and shows a likening for the finer dresses in life; Moleskin gloves, black as night. A thick woolen scarf that the man wears undone, causing the scarf to hang down either side of his barrel chest. A greatcloak trimmed with black fox fur, giving warmth and professional appearance. Wolf fur boots, that reach nearly to the man's kneecaps. A surcoat with silver buttons, and fine fabric. Finally, black leather pants that fit snuggly to his skin.

Personality: The first word to come to a man's mind when they meet Lysander is 'fearsome'. The second word is 'dim-witted'. While no genius, Lysander is also not stupid. Operating more along the lines of simple and quiet, Lysander prefers to do his duty without much thinking. Despite being lackluster in the intelligence department, Lysander is a capable commander and a fierce warrior in battle. Lysander will often throw himself into the middle of the enemy, slashing in all directions. His fighting is more like that of a brawler, than a skilled warrior, but this is only in true combat. When engaged in a singular affair, Lysander shows an amount of skill that is surprising, but it's evident he still rely on his natural strength and power, rather than skill.

Weapons: Lysander uses a weapon that not many in Estovet seem to prefer. Wielding a large and cruel axe, Lysander wields it as lightly as he could a dagger. Switching between two hands, and one, the axe is obviously large and hefty. Instead of the traditional double-sided battle axe, the man opts for a single-sided axe blade. It is not unknown for Lysander to be able to fell trees with only a handful of swings with the mighty axe, making it a deadly weapon in his hands.

History: Lysander grew up with gypsies that traveled the length and breadth of Estovet, learning many things, but always felt hated no matter where he went. A boy with no official education, and no real trade that extended past basic survival skills and sewing, there was little hope for the boy's future. Eventually, him and his entire 'family' settled into a country called Lachne. While it was ravaged by small conflicts and an overarching political boiling point, his family had found happiness. It did not take long for this to change, and Lysander fought alongside his family, and both factions in the Lachne Civil War, hiring himself out for money. Much prized for his strength and good axe-swinging arm, he eventually made a name for himself. The events of the war left a large imprint on Lysander, causing him to take a long travel that has persisted for six years now, attempting to find his purpose in life, all the while fighting as a hired sword.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted, welcome aboard! It will be nice to have another character a little more down to earth to balance out the political side.

Name: Jasper Eindhelm

Appearance/Clothing: Jasper is thin, wiry, and spry. Almost enough muscle to make one wonder how much strength the 19 year-old man/boy possesses, althought in actuality it isn't much. The height of Jasper is roughly 5'9'', shorter than most of his family. As for the hair, Jasper wears a shaggy black carpet that he calls his hair, black hair being an abnormality in his family compared to the normal brown, sometimes blonde, hair. Oddly, the mess of black hair goes well with Jasper's piercing green eyes, two emeralds framed with fair skin, and a sea of black. In the way of clothing, Jasper is as flamboyant as he is royal, liking very much to wear formal clothes at all times. However, as of the last three years of the upstart's young life, he has found a liking for wearing a curiass, along with mail for extra protection.
Personality: Force of character is the biggest personality trait Jasper has. Once he has his mind set on an objective, there is little in the way of discourse to persuade Jasper away from any action he deems nesscary. Chilvarlous, honorable, and flamboyant are all the words that describe Jasper's best character traits. Dramatic, stubborn, and prone to acting without thinking firs describe the worst the man has in his personality.

Weapons/Belongings: A rapier in a sheath at his side
A dagger in a small sheath on his opposite side
Eindhelm family seal

History: Jasper was born into the Eindhelm royal family as the last child. Amongst his three older brothers, and two older sisters, Jasper was constantly lost in the day to day bustle of the royal family, and was often left out of what little business the royal family still conducted. To better serve the Eindhelm royal family, and make his own name for himself, Jasper started training with members of the royal families lifeguard from the ripe age of 10. Knighted when he was only 14, and showing exceptional skill with swordplay and fighting, Jasper enevloped his being in the ideals of knighthood, and by extenstion doing a poor job of representing them. Still ever training, Jasper looks for those that would make possible knights, as he wishes for the Old Way to gain traction in day-to-day life of Arcartus, and revert back to better fields. For now, though, Jasper is content to 'adventure' and be an active part in life outside of the Palace, wishing to make a name for himself, and his family, whom are both often forgotten.

@Urbanite: Ooh, I like Jasper! Seems like a Prince Charming™, with trademark chivalry and all, to me.

Aw! Thank you! I was going for the whole entire trademark knight-in-shining armor, but I still want him to be flamboyant and goofy!

Hi I'm that guy.

Accepted! Welcome aboard, glad to have you in the thread. If you have any questions before starting I'd be glad to answer them.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Name: Gregori Rames

Appearance/Clothing: Gregori is a slim man of average height. His body is comprised primarily of lean, sinewy muscle. He has lightly tanned skin and a head of thick reddish-brown hair that reaches just above his eyebrows in the front and nearly to his collar in the back. His eyes are a brilliant green, and seem to follow his surroundings with extreme vigilance, constantly collecting information. He has a somewhat handsome face, marred by a few flecking scars across his left cheek. His face usually bears a calm smile, unfazed by the world around him.
Gregori's clothing is light, providing comfort and ease of maneuverability. He wears a cloak made of a deep maroon fabric, bound at his neck by a golden crescent-shaped brooch. The cloak is equipped with a hood and reaches to his ankles. Beneath his cloak, Gregori wears a vest made of soft brown leather. The garment provides little in the way of protection, but like the rest of his outfit it is light and comfortable so as to not hinder movement. The vest fastens with a row of small brass buttons running along it's front. Beneath the vest, Gregori wears a thin shirt made of tan cotton. His legs are clad in simple black trousers, which are tucked into a pair of light brown leather boots.

Personality: By all accounts, Gregori is more than capable of carrying on civilized conversation. He typically wears a contented smile, and maintains a relaxed disposition regardless of environment. He speaks politely, with a soft voice, and has a rather unassuming demeanor. Despite this, he seems to inspire a bit of unease in those around him. His unshakable calmness may come across to some as abnormal, and his eyes always seem to be looking for something, as if he is constantly scouring everything he sees for information.

Weapons/Belongings: Gregori carries a pair of short swords on his person at all times. The weapons were evidently crafted to be as identical as physically possible. Each is roughly 33 inches in length from tip to pommel. The blades are made of steel, though some part of the treatment process gave the blades a slight tint of red. The blades are double-edged, and undulate from just past the guard until just before the tip of the blade. This waving edge is primarily a stylistic choice by the smith, but also provides an uneven cutting pattern which can lead to more severe wounds and blood loss.

Though the blades are a feat of craftsmanship in their own right, the hilts of the weapons are equally impressive. The guards of the weapons are made of brass, and arc upwards toward the blade in a crescent. The grips are wrapped in durable red leather for additional grip. Finally, the pommels of the weapons are made of brass sculpted into the shape of a pair of jackal heads, with small emeralds inset for the eyes. The blades are bound in sheathes of fine scarlet leather.

History: Gregori was born in Lyok, a powerful empire to the east of Estovet. His father was once quite wealthy, and his mother, a foreigner, died when he was quite young. His father ran the family fortune dry shortly after his birth, denying the boy any chance of inheritance or a life of lordship. His father died, apparently murdered by someone to whom he owed a debt, and Gregori was left alone and penniless. At the age of fourteen, in an effort to escape his life of poverty, Rames joined the Lyoki military. He quickly gained a reputation for his skill, his calmness in the face of danger, and his unrelenting brutality. Though he was an effective killer, he didn't work particularly well in formation. Still, his talent couldn't be denied.

Eventually, Gregori's talents caught the attention of the Paladins of the Crescent, an ancient order of knights within Lyok. The work his admission into the order brought interested Gregori far more than the rank-and-file of the legions, and his own skill helped to boost the fame, or perhaps infamy, of the organization. In recent years, the Paladins of the Crescent swore an oath of service to Arissia Octavia, Crown Princess of Lyok. The knights serve as instruments of the heiress' will, serving her faithfully in tasks ranging from diplomatic missions to armed conflicts.

Accepted also, I like the idea of broadening the roster a bit.

Hm. Wow. I didn't realize it had been since last Tuesday since I posted. I got a nasty cold, and had to power through working on a presentation for work. So, all and all I got busy and had a bout of amnesia.

After catching up reading, I guess Astoria has missed nothing. Probably my failure as a RPer in giving her anything interesting and important to gnaw at. Still trying to get a handle on what she should be doing that'll be helpful to the plot. As she hasn't stumbled across anything to alter her from going about her day to day. I will figure it out. Because I do actually want to get her AROUND people... but not force it... bust into people's conversations and what not.

Well hey, glad to still have you with us. Honestly when it comes to breaking into the roleplay, I don't think many people would take it as rude to have someone else to play along with. Now that we've got a fresh day going there's more room for the Wolcott thing I was building as an alternative but I'm entirely of the opinion that it's better to start off a little brazen and find a groove rather than having the cliques wrangled together by NPCs. Whatever works for you is good by me.

Name: Milo Ranier
Race: Human

Appearance: Milo is rather short for his age with a petite build, standing only 5'5''. Milo has a round face, framed by his long blonde brown hair, with large expressive blue eyes and a pudgy nose. Milo typically wears a calm look with his eyebrows cast downward that changes from determined or wide-eyed when expressing shock, or surprise. Milo weighs in at about 150lbs, and has added some muscle to his petite frame, albeit not very much. Milo's pale skin shows that he has spent most of his time inside, and he finds it difficult to obtain any sort of tanning, even after prolonged exposure to the outdoors. Milo typically keeps his facial hair completely shaved, making sure to keep up with appearances with the Scouts. Milo appears more like a young school boy, rather than an officer in the prestigious Royal Arcarti Scouts.

Clothing: Milo typically always wears his RASC uniform, proud to display his place amongst the honored Scouts. The Scouts uniformed consists of a pure white collared shirt, black trousers, and a gray-green field jacket. While none of the uniform displays any insignia that would be the telltale sign that he was in the Scouts, Milo still wears it with immense pride. The typical Scouts uniform pieces that include a blue-gray cloak, and boots have been set aside by Milo, opting for more comfortable shoes. Due to Milo's size, and small feet, he has never been comfortable running in boots, and he had never been a fan of cloaks, which typically were much too long for him. Milo wears a green satchel across his chest, which he uses as a catch-all carrying tool, putting everything from coins, to books, in the satchel. Out of uniform, Milo wears a long-sleeved single-buttoned jacket with a collared shirt, long dress-pants and dress shoes, which happen to be his only pair of clothes outside his uniform that he owns.

Weapons: The Scouts issue a sword, or a spear for each member, but Milo decided against the spear, being too small to wield effectively, and instead opted for the use of two swords. A Scouts' sword is a straight sided blade 70cm in length with a triangular point on the end of the weapon. It is a thick sword and is wide to match, giving it an exceptional durability for strikes against hard surfaces. There is a single groove carved down the center of the blade on either side, ending just before the tip and just above the guard.The handle is black-dyed wood pegged onto the steel core of the weapon, to ensure that is a continuous single piece of metal from tip to tip. The pommel is simply an exposed metal cap, no wider than the hilt, designed for quick pommel strikes.The interior of the blade's groove is notched towards the end, allowing for the attachment of a 'ranger plate' that shifts the weapon's center of mass forward from the guard into the blade. This allows for heavier, albeit single edged, strikes that make use of the sword's capacity as a tool for hacking wood and heavy foliage out of the way. Milo holds both swords under his jacket, on his back. Milo believes that the back sheathes allow him better mobility with unsheathing the weapons. It also allows him to conceal his weapons. Milo has made it a very good point to become a master with the two sword fighting style, and constantly trains to hone his edge with the swords, believing he can always become better. Milo also keeps a clip-pointed knife, that measures nearly 2'5'', with a golden guard, and deep brown colored handle. The pommel of the knife is steel encrusted, with a insignia of a Lion printed into the steel. The knife is heavy to handle, and hangs on his side, in a massive knife sheath. The sheath hangs loosely on his side. Milo will hardly ever use the knife, using it more for looks.

Personality: Milo can be best described as proper and professional. Diplomatic to his core, Milo is often one to smooth over any confrontations, a skill he built up during his childhood. Milo was oft bullied as a child, leaving him a very defensive person, and very bad at taking jokes. Despite this, Milo is very good at handling situations under intense pressure, often scoring very high on field exercises where handling split second decisions under duress. Milo is exceptionally loyal and selfless, constantly worrying for the safety of his comrades, and ready to throw himself into dangerous situations for them, even offering to sacrifice himself for their safety. Milo's loyalty, combined with his extreme intellect of military tactics and strategy, has made Milo an invaluable asset.

History: Milo's mother had been a Major in the Arcarti State Military, and his father a Colonel in the Royal Arcarti Scouts. Orphaned by the time he was 3, Milo never knew his parents, but grew up hearing about the heroics of his parents, his father especially. Growing up in the orphanage, Milo was bullied for most of his life, constantly dreaming about becoming something bigger than what he was. Due to Milo's naturally charming personality, which the bullying didn't manage to put a dent in, he mad a few close friends. Milo and his friends would spend many a late night whispering amongst themselves in the orphanages barrack-like bedroom, sharing dreams and delusions of grandeur. Milo was the most grounded of the group, sharing his dream to become a military genius, who would promote peace over violence. Eventually, Milo slowly lost his close friends. Either dying from sickness, or dying because of the rampant crime that ravaged the downtown area of Lieda, Milo became alone.This led to Milo to stay indoors most of the time, which led him to pick up the hobby of reading. Between bouts of bullying and respites of reading, Milo soon began to mold into a young man. Determined to rise out of the grime of the orphanage, and become something, Milo applied for entrance into the Scouts. Initially seen as no more than a potential logistical officer, or rear echelon worker, Milo soon gained the attention of the officers in the Scouts. The drill instructors and other trainees found it a little disconcerting that, while Milo was normally unimposing and silent, he turned deadly serious and highly efficient the minute combat exercises began, able to make lightning-quick decisions that more oft than not ended with a victory for him in combat exercises. Milo was quickly allowed to command a small squad of Scouts in field exercises, further exposing his affinity for tactics and strategy Milo possessed many qualities that soon led many in the Scouts to recommend Milo to Arcarti State Military, so that he may potentially become a general. Milo, however, refused the recommendation, and wished to stay on with the Scouts, wishing to become like the father he had never met. Milo graduated with full honors, even though he was considered average, or even below average, in hand-to-hand combat, and various other areas such as archery. Now a Lieutenant in the Royal Arcarti Scouts, Milo is under the command of one Maria Trinan, and acts as her aide de camp, and as a student. Constantly looking to Maria as a mother-like figure, Milo eventually aspires to be as talented as Maria, and constantly trains to do so, especially if it means he can impress his Commanding Officer. From time to time, between assignments, Milo manages to make time to visit the orphanage, often delivering books, and a large chunk of his paycheck to the orphanage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.