Burning Away OOC/Signup (Always Open)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yes! I should have made it more clear that Astoria has no real knowledge about magic. She read books about it, but that is about the extent of it. And considering that magic is so rare and unused, the books were probably more like fables than actual accounts. Also the stone she possesses is not magical. She just likes to think it is, and she may threaten someone with it later in the RP.

And thank you! I was trying to make a character that was unlike the others currently on the roster, because... diversity! But hopefully she will do interesting things with plot. I'll reread to get an idea as to where to put her, though if you want to nudge me in a certain direction I am more than happy to do that.

And thanks again for having me.

Love your character, Sofa King! Can't wait to see you do awesome things with her!

Thank you for your interest. I thought that was the meaning but I just like to be sure that I'm not making really weird interpretations out of bios. As far as places to start, everything is kind of transitional at the moment and the two groups are bound to see some splits or movement which would be great places to enter if you find yourself kind of straining for one. Definitely don't feel confined to the two active groups though.

I wonder how other characters will feel about meeting young Gareth, king of social awkwardness in Burning Away.

@Epsir
Apologies about the delay in getting to posting. I was without internet for a couple of days. A nasty snowstorm blew through and snapped a few cables. Anyway, I have finally caught up reading the current posts so far. I'll get Astoria up here by the end of the day. Probably going to place her doing her own thing, for right now. As

@Sightles
Thanks! I really appreciate that. I've really been enjoying reading Ethan. Heck, everyone's characters are interesting.

Welcome back! Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad everything is okay for you now. I gotta say it at least sounds like appropriate weather for the thread. Whenever you're ready to get started is fine, thankfully the thread seems capable of managing different paces as necessary.

@ravenDivinity
Thanks! And really I thought it was alright. Haha. Especially considering I didn't really accomplish much! And shh. You'll feed my ego. XD

@Epsir
I was going to move Astoria to her actual daily duties. I know I wrote her in as an advisor. And so where would that put her? Sorry if this question seems horribly moronic. I just didn't want to get the political stations of your world wrong. I don't want to hang my head in shame this early in the RP by getting her place of employ incorrect. XD

Well, fortunately that's why everything is pretty vague and malleable. The bio calls her an advisor and researcher which puts her in largely the same situation as Ludrick Boyd and Ethan Lindwell, who are similarly titled support staff to the House of Affairs in Lieda. It's pretty safe to call it a generic-brand parliament. Advising and informing the representatives and hearings there would be one option, and another, more specialized government office would be the other things that immediately come to mind.

Wow, my alerts are not working. Then again I just discovered how to look at my 'watched threads' today. My browser squishes the heck out of everything on here, and so I was having issues.

Anyway, that is good to hear. I'll put her in the House Affairs of Lieda then. Sort of be vague about it, and if something else comes of her position I can extrapolate on it without contradicting something previously written. Thanks for answer my question! I promise to be less needy. XD

Wow, my alerts are not working. Then again I just discovered how to look at my 'watched threads' today. My browser squishes the heck out of everything on here, and so I was having issues.
Oh, yeah, that's why I decided to go ahead and set up e-mail notifications for the thread this week. Really helps me in staying caught up now that I don't have to refresh the page every 10 minutes to check for new replies. :bsmile:

Yo, I'd just like to apologize for not being available for the past couple days. I've had work and every time I'd get home I'd be too exhausted to post anything coherent.

@Solistor: It's alright! We all have school and work, so it's no big deal if you get busy and tired, and you can't post.

Don't worry too much about it, I'm glad enough to have a check in. I'd appreciate a post whenever it's convenient, but given it's been a while I think the best I can do is move this along responsibly for the people who've been stuck.

I transitioned Gareth over to the Pidgeon. Hopefully that's alright.

Yeah that works, feel free to jump in with what's currently happening there or wait it out as you like.

I finally drew a sketch of Gareth like I planned forever ago... Now that I look at it, it's still not perfect.

Word of advice: if you plan on erasing something, don't press down too hard with your pencil...
2OrkM7R.jpg

@Sofa King Fancv Holy shit, Sofa King. Astoria's dialogue is killing me. I was literally laughing my ass off from your last post! :D

Btw, Rae, that's a super nice drawing! I guess I should start on an Ethan sketch.

@Sightles: Thanks, I'm a tryhard. :w

(I'm actually kinda proud of it because normally my art is pretty lackluster.)

@Sightles
I do try my best when it comes to her dialogue to be both interesting and somewhat hilarious.

@Epsir
I apologize about my absence. I haven' t been around due to the fact that we had bad weather and I had to stay at work for numerous days. I also had to take up a project that was due Monday because my partner went on sick leave. I apologize for this. This usually isn't my life but we are experiencing a lot of weird weather on top of my coworker having a baby. Hooray. TMI.

I know Astoria is extremely behind everything that is going on. I do hope that she still fits in with the plot. I promise that my responses will stay current from here on out. Hopefully. Unless we have another freak ice storm. >_>'

Status
Not open for further replies.