Bunraku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the card player led Shadow to a bar. There were colors in the bar, bright colors. Another one from the train, and one from somewhere else. Many colors in one place, they lit up the inside of the bar with their light. They were still indistinct, a bright swirl of tones and hues. She didn't know them well enough yet. She probably never would. Colors tangled with gray as a woman, one of them from the train, kicks down a man. Shadow smiled. This would be her kind of place.

She approached the bar, weaving through the other patrons like a whisper of air, and waited for the bartender to notice her. When he did, she ordered something, not sure what, but it was unimportant, and found the darkest corner with the best view. There she watched. She found her eyes drawn to the card player. He was playing cards, with men who didn't realize a master sat among them. Shadow watched. Her drink sat on the table, untouched.

"I don't have to be better than her. Just better than you.", of course, was the only thing he really needed to say in that case. He wasn't a man that bandied words about, and he hardly wished to say he was far superior to The Cat anyways. It didn't even need to be said, in his opinion. He received the plum wine, presumably, and took a sip from it, not flinching or moving when the man was suddenly slammed to the ground by the kick.

Aaah, now this was familiar, the usual arrogant ass strolling on up thinking he was the cock of the ball, and getting shut-down just as quickly. He gave the bartender a faint bit of a confused look when the entire lover thing came up, however. Now there was a thought. He didn't actually expect that sort of inference to be made. However, he didn't get embarrassed or stammer when he was questioned. That wasn't in his nature, after all.

"Mm. No. Just came into town. Killed three greenmen. They were looking for her. They thought I was her cousin." He shrugged helplessly, as if it simply couldn't be helped. Again, the fact that she was an assassin, or a jewel thief really didn't shock him too much. He himself was more than met the eye at first glance, and usually, when people carry around two swords at their hip, they are usually more than ready to use them at a given notice.

"If she wants to marry, however, I see no reason to object." This was spoken, of course, in jest, moreso to make light of the situation than anything else, as he took another slow, dignified sip.

He glanced back at the people shuffling and filtering into the room, gauging each in turn and picking out the Gambler picking his marks clean, and the Shadow, presumably, scouting out him for maybe a mark. It didn't matter either ways around. He could care less what happened to either of them.

"Umm...n-no. No. I'm still too young to marry. Or are japanese people supposed to marry early? To be honest, I don't know much about my own culture." It was no lie. She had been in Las Vegas for practically her whole life and all she knew to speak and read. She knew very little about her culture.

The Cat took a sip from my beer glass only to realise what she was served. "Hey! I asked for something alcoholic. Not ginger beer. Hey! I'm talking to you, old man!"

The master went over to serve the other customers that had just entered ignoring the complains of his the Cat.

She huffed an annoyed breathe and went back to drinking what she got. Just like always, the master still treated her like the child she was when they first met. It was annoying but heart warming in a way.

The Cat turned around and scanned the hectic room and watched how a man at the table had lost terribly over and over again. Thinking he was probably an amateur at it. Until she noticed that it was just a facade. He was obviously an expert. Wining, round after round. Grabbing what he lost and earned so easily.
Hmph. Not bad.

((Sorry about the long wait. Busy work schedule last week, coupled with other concerns.))

"I don't really care when you wish to marry. Nor do I really care too much about the custom. After all, I've a long path to walk." Of course, he gave that smirk again. She might have her questions on what she was supposed to do according to cultural norms, or somesuch, but he had no such illusions. Culture defined who he was, but it did not dominate his life.

Once again, he raised the small glass of plum wine to his lips, and took a short and simple sip from it, before lowering the glass gently down to the bartop and giving out a short sigh, rapping his fingers on the bartop once and saying, "So. Bartender. I don't know if you know who I am, but I am looking for swordsmen. Obviously not her, but others. Know of any?"

He glanced around the room once more after saying that statement, as if to ensure that the room was safe for him to speak on such things. However, the glance around the room was just to verify, once again, that there were no threats within the room. Or swordsmen. After all, if he could manage to get some part of his goal without even leaving a bar, that would certainly be a major bonus!

((It's ok. I've been busy myself.))

The Cat raised an eyebrow. Does he not care about love? Love. The word felt weird on her tongue. Like it didn't feel right. Was it because she had been killing people or was it this place that left no hope for such a thing? The swordsman's life was of no concern. As long as she paid his deed, then it should be enough.

How long were they going to have this partnership? How long would it take before she could repay him? She sipped her (sadly) non-acoholic drink. As the bartender returns.

"A swordsman. Hmm...i don't know many. They always come and go. The only ones that I know are The Cat and that guy over there. The one with three identical gold earrings on his left ear. He's a new swordsman but his skills are not bad."

Status
Not open for further replies.