Bump in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kia raised an eyebrow "so, that's not your Normal hair color?" She asked as she too finished off her food "I've just realized, you know tons about me and my family hut I know basically noyothing about you. How old even are you? What are you? Are you seriously a king or was that bullshit?"

It was true she knew next to nothing about him, but even though he knew her history he still would claim to know nothing about her as well. At least he didn't know the important things as far as he was concerned. "Well no this is what I normally look like." His hair shifted to the reds, oranges, and golds that made his hair look like the embodiment of fire and his eyes changed from their black to a gold that swirled and danced in their iris confines like molten gold. "This i show I was born." His ears, claws and fangs were also more noticeable he would leave it that way for now. "I am in fact a King. It is not the highest rank in our land but it is second highest. My father is the Emperor of our Kingdom. I am a Demon but not like a Demon from your world. As far as I can tell your Demons are only from hell dimensions and are always evil and soulless. There are more of my kind in this world than there used to be but we are still out numbered by the ones who don't like to follow the rules. In my home plain we have four kingdoms a kingdom of Demons, Elves, Humans/Drwarves, and Mer creatures. We used to war all the time until my father came into power and taught everyone that we can live in peace. We still all have our enemies from different places but our four kingdoms work together." He would finish up the last of his food before continuing. "As for how old I am time moves differently in my home. As far as legitimate years here I am technically eighteen. In my world that makes me two hundred years old. The is the age of adulthood in my land as well. For every one year that passes here we pass through eleven." He seemed to think a bit. "Oh yeah and I have Six other brothers."

Kia strared at the fiery hair and smiled "that's amazing, it really suits you Reien. Do you look like that when you go all wolf?" She asked then nodded as she listened, she was a quick learner and more than eager to learn all Reien was willing to offer "wow, that's amazing. And here I thought all that kind of stuff was just fairy tales" she muttered and leaned forward to look at her new friend properly "you have six brothers? What are they like? Can they all turn in to animals?"

Reien just grinned at her curiosity. "I can look like that when I am in a wolven form yes, but I don't unless I am home which when I am there I do not need to be a wolf. So it is very rare. I am Reien the Gold my Twin is Talin the Silver and we are the Wolves. Dante the Red is a Fox, Kreesha the Blue is a salamander, Tanis the Green is a Stag, Alaxander the White is a Bird, and Yasha the black is not anything. That's the list from Eldest to youngest. Talin and I are pretty much the same in personality other than he strictly enjoys male companions and he is a bit more happy go lucky than I am. Dante is a flirt, Kreesha is the voice of wisdom, Tanis is reserved and quiet, Alaxander is quite childish, and Yasha...Well Yasha is evil and the brother I spoke about being in a cell and threatened that other Demon with." Yasha was literally the black sheep of the family regardless of how hard they tried to help him it never worked and when he committed his gravest act of betrayal they locked him away for good. "You can eventually meet them I am sure they all flit around from our world and this one."

Kia grinned happily as she listened "I'd love to meet them! They all sound brilliant, well except Yasha who seems like a hit of a mad man but I'm not one to jubge" she said with a shrug, the girl pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them as she smiled "what are your parents like? Why are you in this world? You said you were a writer, what do you write about? What are your hooks or whatever called?" She fired off then stopped herself "sorry. I get too carried away sometimes"

At her mention of his youngest brother he just shrugged. "You will never have to meet him. He is locked away for life." When she had more questions he just smiled. "My father is a very noble man, I suppose you could say he and I act a lot a like when I am home. The air of royalty... basically the face that we are expected to put on because of who we are. That is the main reason I am here and I like the food better." He laughed. " My mother though... She was amazing. Beautiful, elegant, intelligent, and just all the things that were wanted in a Queen. She was also a very loving mother to all seven of her children and still managed to keep a perfect relationship with my father. The woman could truly do it all." He seemed a tad sad when he spoke about her. So he quickly switched subjects to answer one of her other questions. "I write mysteries and romances. Mainly a combination and my hooks are sometimes the distressed person and other times crimes to be solved. I do some fantasy work which started with basically my actual life and I am basically the main character. Special people in my life get their own characters too, like my brothers and now probably you. Though I will no doubt over dramatize what happened last night and make it last longer." He started to put their empty dishes back on the tray just to get them cleared up and out of the way. "I don't mind the questions really. I am less human than you are so given that fact I think it's probably best you ask all you wish to ask."

Kia smiled as she listened, she enjoyed hearing him talk since he had a really nice voice or at least she thought so "She was? You mean.." she trailed of and nodded, so he had lost his mother too? The teen smiled and laughed "i'd love to read them! There's nothing better to me than a good book to get lost in" she sighed almost dreamily "so" she said with a sly grin "you've been all around the world right? Bet you left a few pining hearts behind" she teased

He would only nod a confirmation about his mother's death not bringing up how. "Well our first stop well be my flat in London. I have a copy of all 14 books I've written." His brows raised at her insinuated accusation. "Hey hey hey now." He laughed softly "I don't play games with girls. I was serious about true love."

Last edited:
Kia gave him a sad smiled before nodding excitedly "I'd LOVE to go to London! I'd love to read your books" she said excitedly then calmed herself and laughed "that might be true but come on! The true love thing? The big eyes? The sweet smile and smoky voice? I bet there's lots of girls out there pining after you"

He just laughed at her excitement it was refreshing. He then however leaned in close his face just a few inches from hers. His golden eyes intense and his tenor voice soft but captivating. "Looks are superficial" he would gently grasp her chin if she hadn't moved. "I look for the qualities in the soul. For men you look for how he treats and speaks about his mother. For women you look for how she nurtures the world and the people around her... even when those people treat her like a monster." He would let go and get off of her bed while grabbing up the tray of dishes in one graceful motion. "Better pack some important things. I am sure you'd like to leave soon." His eyes and hair shifted back to black as he descended the stairs to wash up the dishes.

Last edited:
Kia bit her lip and tried not hoped Reien couldn't hear how fast her heart was going, she had never really spoken to a guy before him let alone have one so close. The teen was perfectly still before he was gone and then she flopped back on to her bed "wow" she muttered softly "that was...unexpected. Reien just gets more and more harder to understand by the moment"

Reien knew exactly what kind of effect he had on females and normally he did it to be a jerk, but this time he did it to get his point across and given the look on her face he was hopeful that it worked. He, once downstairs, would clean up the kitchen and dishes allowing her time to get ready for the day. Besides he was curious just how the demon was going to keep his promise and make the town bountiful. Soon as he was done with the kitchen he would reach into his pouch and pull out clean clothes. He ducked quickly into a room and changed. Walking back out stuffing his other clothes into the undersized pouch where they disappeared. He was now wearing a deep purple, silk, button up shirt with black slacks and his black leather shoes.

Kia took a deep breath and sat up before shaking her head "get it together moron! He's a demon, nice or not, he's also a guy and guys are assholes" she muttered and went in to her ensuite bathroom and took a quick shower before getting changed in to a mini shirt, skinny jeans and a t-shirt with angels wings on the back. She quickly fried her hair and began to fill a back pack with the things that meant the most to her like a photo of her mum and gran and a neck lace that was passed down from them

Reien figured she was probably still getting ready so cautiously he decided to take a step outside and get some summer air hopefully no one was going to be ready to chuck a rock. Assuming there were no rocks to be dodged he would take in what was hopefully a nice sunny day. Of course his eyes were already scanning the area looking for changes.

Kia finished getting ready and collected her one bank carb that her mum, her man and she used to put anything they could in to so needless too say it had a fair amount in it. The day was nice and bright and sunny and thankfully they were far off from the main ntown in a sort of forest so no one dared to go there because of rumours that she would eat your soul if you go near

Reien took in a deep breath it was good to feel the sun and get some well needed summer air. After a moment he would step back inside making sure he had all of his things, which he did. Then he would call up the stairs to Kia. "Almost ready to go?" He asked as he was more than ready to get out of this town which was odd, but given what all happened last night he was just ready to get back home for a little bit... Well home as in his place in this world. Eventually he was sure he would visit his homeland and probably take Kia with him if she was interested, but he had a feeling she would be.

Kia took a deep breath and nodded before heading down the stairs "yeah, let's get out of here" she said with a smile, grabbing her and pull it on then her back pack "I want out of here as soon as possible. Hopefully the town people will let me leave this time"

Reien smiled as she walked downstairs ready to go. "Well they don't really have a choice this time. If I really have to I can transport us out of here magically. You might throw up when we reach our destination because you wont be used to it, but if I have to that's what I will do, and not everyone does. It's just very nauseating for people not used to it." He held his arm out to her if she so wished to take it. "Besides I think I can pull of a demonic intimidation if I had too." He chuckled softly. It wasn't really something he would normally do to people, but if they were going to try and stop her from having a free will and leaving when they didn't even really want her here in the first place he would pull drastic measures.

Kia laughed and walked past him with a wink"don't worry, I can take care of myself against some idiots" she said confidently with a grin as she strode down away from the house.kia had always been independent and there was no way some guy was going to change that now

Reien had absolutely no plans in trying to change the girl, that just wasn't his style. He was literally just being a gentleman with a tendency of being protective. Since she didn't take his arm he would match his stride to keep pace with her since he walked a bit faster. Then again that's what tends to happen when you stand at 6'4". "I meant no disrespect or to give the impression that I thought you couldn't take care of yourself. It's just in my nature to protect others. So I apologize if that came off the in the wrong way." Regardless his eyes would scan the area as they walked because he was a man who knew war. a man who fought in war never stopped watching because you never knew what might happen regardless of who you were with or where you were going.

Status
Not open for further replies.