Bump in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kia smiled at the offer "that sounds amazing. I'd love to travel around and see some real adventure. I can get a little stir crazy when it's just me alone with the little ginger nightmare" she said with a smile "it's this cat I've kind of taken in recently, my mum and nan had a cat too when they were my age."

Reien chuckled, "Well witches tend to have feline companions. So where is the little rascal? Cats tend to like me they can sense the similar animalistic nature and often find comfort in it." Reien was actually suspicious of the cat and wanted to make sure it was actually a cat.

Last edited:
Kia frowned at that and looked around "actually, I don't know. He's not here. That's weird, he's normally waiting for me when I get home from walks. He never misses the chance to get petted and snuggle up on the sofa"

Reien gave that half smirk once more. "I think we may have found out when he does when he doesn't visit and cause trouble to the town. I could be wrong to be honest I probably am, but I tend to be very suspicious when others of my kind lurk around and harass bloodlines. Tonight you will have a better animal companion guarding you." He of course meant himself he only had one animal he could change into and it was much bigger than a little house cat. "My kind always has a shape they can take if we are found out in our 'human' form we have to be able to run and hide until things cool down. It downright makes me feel like a criminal sometimes, but thus is what humans do. they fear what they do not know and they fear knowledge so they will always fear. Anyways If it is quite alright with you I think I might take a more formal way of guarding you." He held up his right hand and extended his index and middle finger together. "Scouts honor to be on my best behavior." He chuckled as he obviously wasn't a scout, but he was being serious about being on his best behavior. He held the utmost respect for the people that deserved it and so far she had more than earned his respect even if she was a tad too trusting in his opinion.

Kia smiled and laughed "as much as I doubt you were ever in the scouts I have no problem with how you help. I'm just happy that you're willing to help, god knows you could have just up and ledft the moment you realized there was trouble" she did gratefully "is there anything I can do to help you help ms?"

Reien shook his head a bit. "Other than..." He trailed off and pulled out a little pouch from his pocket and pulled out of it a ring. Silver in color with an display of emeralds. He would hold it out to her, but it looked too big for any of her fingers. "Wear this on your right ring finger. It will protect your mind and it was enchanted by the most powerful enchanter of my homeland." If she took it and at least tried to put it on her finger it would resize to perfectly fit her. "You can take it off any time you like, but it will protect your mind from enchantments and any charm affects that he tries to use to compel you. So long as you wear that you will be protected from mind affects. That includes from myself not that I ever would."

Kia took the ring and smiled as it changed size when she put it on "its so pretty" she said ever so softly before looking up at the sound of meowing "that must be ginger" she did happily, heading to the back door to let him in. Kiasmiled brightly as the ginger cat jumped up in to her arms, his eyes had a strange almost glow about them hut kia didn't notice

He would smile, but it was one she hadn't seen before. Mayhaps something sad? "I am glad you like it." Reien followed her and looked at the cat already assuming it was her demonic suitor in disguise. It's eyes glowed so he walked up to her and not only took a deep breath, to see if it smelled like a demon, but held his hand out to the cat's face so it could sniff him. If it was her demonic suitor it would probably react badly to his presence. If it was a guardian of some sort it would more than likely take to him once it realized he had no ill will towards Kia. "Are you a good guardian or an wicked demon?"

Kia raised an eyebrow "you're talking to my cat?" She asked and went laugh hut was beaten to it by ginger who laughed instead and grinned up at Reien "I am both and I am neither. Who are you and why are you here? This woman belongs to me. You have no right to be here unless you are her destined one" he hissed out "only can her destined one can challenge me for her"

A wicked grin slid itself across Reien's lips as he looked at the cat. "Mmm I see now what you are." He now seemed tense like a viper ready to strike, a slightly more hostile stance. His black eyes shifted to their molten gold, and his black hair changed from silky black to reds, golds, and oranges almost making his hair look like fire. "A Being is not something to be claimed. She is not property and those who treat her as such will at this point have to answer to me. I am here to protect her from a pathetic demon who stalks her bloodline. No one has the right to own anyone. I will protect her at her request especially from scum who try to own her. Who I am? Since you are so rude to ask before introducing oneself I will be the bigger creature. My name is Reien Corvoso Taylyn King and High Priest of the Shadow Realms." He did seem to act like Royalty but almost more so now that he was showing his true self. "Now why don't you enlighten me as to why anything thinks she should be owned? Is she not a creature more deserved of free will than the lesser humans around her? If they have it why is she not deserved of it. She is most certainly not a trophy since she is not something to be mounted on a plaque or a precious stone to be held behind a glass case." His voice had at this point almost turned into a growl.

The cat laughed, kia frozen where she was holding the creature with pure terror on her face "the girl is mine as her first child shall be! This land make a pact years ago and it was her family that agreed to the bargain. I am to take her, have her bare me a child then take her with me in to the darkness when I go. It was a fair, accident pacyt made in blood that ends with her. She is the last of the family to be take and then the village is to come in to great wealth. The only person to break this pact would be her destined one, her other half, who can fight to have her soul and heart as his for the rest of time but that is it"

A soft black glow started to develop around him and his voice was now a hostile growl. "You are a cheat. You lied to her ancestors that is the only way you could have gotten this contract signed. Leave it too the ignorant fools to sign away their children. It is scum like you that give Demons like me a bad reputation with humans." golden molten pools turned their gaze to Kia. "Do you wish this fate? If you do not wish this fate do you chose me to be your champion? I will fight for you, but only if you chose me. I will not force anything upon you." The question was still an angry growl, but he of course was not angry with her and would not be angry with her so long as she was the one to take fate into her own hands and make a decision.

The demon shookn his head "no! You can not be her champion! You must be her other half, the other side of her soul! You don't have a soul! There is no way for you to flight for her! It must be a loved one, someone who love as her and demons can't love!" He cried out, each yell making kia fliinch as the demon dug his large and growing claws in to her arm

Reien grinned. "Oh little kitten how ignorant you are. Just because you do not have a soul does not mean I do not posses a soul. Unlike you I am not a demon from a hell dimension. I am from another plain of existence my race has souls. At least I make a point to study all the other worlds and dimensions" If not stopped Reien would dig his claws into the cat's scruff and pull him from Kia not wanting it to harm her anymore and hold it in the air out from himself. "We are not hellbent on destruction in fact we live harmoniously we the humans in my world and all the other races. Each of the four races ruling their own kingdom and I being one of those rulers. Look deep into my eyes hell spawn and you will see my soul and you will see that it is pure. It is possible for me to be that person you ignorant sack of fur. Whether she chooses me or not I am going to fight for her. Now change back and face me like a real demon or die a coward because either way I will destroy you and everything you represent."

The demon shook his head digging his nails further in to kiss skin "not sure you realize this kid but the girl is under my control right now through the power of blood. She soon will me mine, heart and soul and there is nothing you can do" he laughed but the stopped when kiss arm moved "no" she gasped "not happening" the demo n frowned "why are talking? You shouldn't be able to talk"

Reien just kept the sly grin on his lips. "Not only is she allowed to use her own fate, but because she is a product of something with power she has power. Not only that kitten, but she has a pretty new ring and you came just a tad too late. Blood spell or not you cannot control her no one can. Not even I could and I helped create it. Now stop being a coward and FIGHT ME!" The shadows around him grew darker and seemed to start to solidify. "I will protect her if it kills me and you are too much of a coward because you know you cannot win." The shadows seemed to start to snake now as if they were taking on multiple slender forms around him. they almost seemed like they could be chains.

The demon growled "why?! Why do you want to protect her?! I've heard of you creature, does this stupid wench remind you of the love you lost? The one you let get killed? Is that it?! You're trying to see nhr torepce the other?" He asked as he began to let go of the girls arm and began to grow and spike and growl in to a huge, horrifying creature and forced kia on to its black

Reien bared his fangs and growled his eyes looked like he had just hit a spot of insanity that he wasn't going to come back from until he destroyed this creature. His smile turning Sadistic and cruel a button was definitely pushed. "I will protect her because I believe in free will. Our ancestors do not have the right to barter our souls away because they are not theirs to barter. You have no rightful claim to her soul. You only make her think you do just as you did with her mother." The chains snaked out and wrapped around Kia assuming she didn't try to dodge them. If they were successful she would momentarily disappear and reappear behind Reien before they released her. "You still make yourself look as ignorant as ever. I didn't lose a lover and no one can replace a mother. Nor would I wish to ever compare someone as kind, beautiful, and intelligent to anyone else." He was in fact referring to Kia when he stated the last sentence. He would not make the first move as he looked up at the beast. His chains poised to protect him and Kia. "You have no right over her and you know it. she can take control over her own life and I am here to make sure she does. Someone as pure as Kia could never love or chose someone as hollow and cowardly as you."

Kia kept her eyes locked on reien , she shook her head at the chains and pulled out a small pocket knife she kept with her. The demon laughed "you have no right to interfere!the child belongs to me! The only reason you are stepping in is because you have become attached toher when you have only known her a matter of of hours!" he snapped angrily. Kia too a deep breath and plunchied the small knife in to the demons back "I am my own person!" She yelled, the demon howled and turned its head to her. The monster grabbed kia by the shoulder with its teeth and flung her to the floor

Reien made his chains create a layer between Kia and the floor and she might note that they were surprising soft almost as if she had landed on a shadowy cloud. He would not allow her to be hurt. "One might note that an attachment forming within mere moments of meeting someone is the product of true love." He would state as his chains moved in fast and hard, and yes on impact they would be solid. They would be moving faster than it would take Kia to blink and they would be moving in to bind around the demon as Reien pulled out an an scroll and started chanting words of an ancient demonic language. It was a binding spell, not only would it forever banish him to a hell dimension, but it would bind him there until Reien died he could never come back to this plain of existence. If the chains failed the first time to bind around him they would keep on trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.