Bump in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kia almost frowned at the sight, so it seems she wasn't the only one with a few secrets "needless to say by the time the man was gone the next day my grandmother was pregnant and when the town found out they outcasted her. This was back when being a single mother was a scandal you see and people would throw things at her and the house. That soon stopped though as anyone that tried to cause my grandmother harm went missing or insane"

He had to suppress a chuckle. "Other than leaving her alone I agree with him. I would do the same for a beautiful woman who captured my heart. I can understand why." He flashed her a smile. "And if you have any family resemblance I definitely understand." Once more his eyes flicked back down as he jotted some things down.

Last edited:
Kia decided best to ignore that little comment "but then the town started to shut her out. Refusing to sell her food or medicine and so the accidents started happening again. The town didn't link this to the man though, they believe she must have been some sort of witch. When the child was born, with the help of the only woman in town that actually cared about my grandmother, everything stopped which just helped the whole witch thing because they thought she had stopped so she could raise the child that was my mother"

He nodded noting his comment didn't float to well, eh worth it she was beautiful. He was just being honest. Then though a thought hit him. "Please do not tell me the man can when your mother was older and became pregnant in the same manner." He looked very serious as he watched her intently now. The look made him look older than the previously assumed 17.

Last edited:
Kia nodded "that's exactly what happened but my mother said it wasn't the same man. My Grand mother said the one thing she remembered about her man was his green eyes but my mother said my fathers were blue" she answered "but other than that it was exactly the same. Same night, same time, same everything"

Reien shut his notebook and put it away and as he looked at her his eyes shifted from their molten black to molten gold the iris obviously swirling and dancing. "Eye colors can change." He stated flatly. "How old were they when he came and rather how close are you to that age and day?" His eyes slowly shifted back to black as if ink had been dumped on them. He sounded worried and possibly a tiny bit angry. He had run into a demon or two that forced himself with a specific bloodline trying to produce a male child...it never ended well.

Last edited:
Kia stared and sighed "figures the first guy to talk to me isn't human" she muttered then shrugged "It was their 18th birthday the morning he showed up. I'm 18 tomorrow" she told him flatly then shrugged "it's not a big deal. I'm not like my mum or nan, I stay away from everyone. I only talked to you because you seemed lost and I wasn't about to leave you out there at night"

Reien would sigh. "In my defense I was lost. Just because I'm not human doesn't make me any less geographically impaired with places I have never been. And look you don't have to be like them there are only two reasons things do this. One is to try and produce a male heir. They don't care about the host only what's in it and they will protect it to protect the child. And two to groom themselves a bride or groom with enough of their own power being passed into it. Neither ends well. Tomorrow he will come for you for one reason or another." Reien really hated most other demons. "He may have some other nefarious plans for you. Either way you have the power to stop him if you don't want this." He quickly finished his water before standing up and starting to pace. "And if you don't want anything to do with him just say the word and I'll protect you." He was dead serious.

Last edited:
Kia listened and shook her head "so you're telling me that some demon has his eyes on me to either have his heir or be his bride?" she asked then looked at Reien "and why would you want to protect me? You hardly know me. You'd be putting yourself in unnecessary danger for basically a stranger"

Reien growled slightly but out of frustration not anger. "He might have other ideas and that's only if he's a demon he could be something else. I'd have to meet him to know what he is, but this smells like demon. I should know I am one." He kept pacing a habit he did when worried or frustrated. "I am offer my help because I am of noble blood and I believe humans or half humans and any race really has the right of free will and control over their own body not to be used like cattle. You have a choice and if you want help I can try and help. Who knows this may be one of the kinds that require consent....not that consent cant be forced."

Last edited:
Kia nodded in understanding "Ok, please help me. I don't want to go through what my mum and nan suffered. They both died in child birth and the last thing I would want for my child if I had one would be to leave it alone in a world where it'd be constantly bullied for just being there"

Reien stopped pacing and looked at her. "Glad to hear it. Then I will stay with you and protect you. The only reason he will ever harm you is because I will have died, which I am confident enough that, that won't happen. Assuming he is somewhat civil I may be able to find out what he wants." Reien reached up and ruffled his own hair a bit, the tips of his slightly pointed ears sticking out now.

Last edited:
Kia couldn't help but smile slightly at that "you know, when I think about it, you're rather cute" she said playfully "with the whole color changing eyes and pointy ear thing I'm surprised you're not tied down to a chick yet"

Reien gave a real hearty laugh showing tips of his fangs "Oh dear I've heard comments but never cute" he chuckled some more. "I look for something real. I wasn't lying when I said I was a writer. Most females only want to be with me because I am famous not because they care about me, just my money. So until the real deal and true love comes around tie free I shall be."

Last edited:
Kia nodded then shook her head "clearly women going after people with money have only one standard and it's stupid. I mean seriously, I one knew this woman that married this guy because he was rolling in it even though she knew he was a total nutter" she said then smiled softly "to be perfectly honest I gave up on the true love thing years ago"

Reien nodded. "That is why I will never be with someone who wants to be with me for my money and not because I am me." He truly believed people should be with people solely because they love and care about each other. "Can't give up on true love. True love is pure and wonderful. Besides it's the strongest and most ancient magic in all the realms."

Last edited:
Kia shrugged "maybe but sometimes it causes more harm then good. Both my mum and nan thought they had found true love and look where that ended up. I think I'm just going to stick with travelling the world when this is all over" she said with a smile before standing up and stretching "well, since you want to help me and there's nothing to do till tomorrow you can stay here for the night"

Reien would shrug. "Just because we think we found it doesn't mean we have found it. Love is something mystical and magical and when you've truly found it everything else fades away. Their flaws turn into perfection and when they are there, the world no longer matters. Love is when you get your happiness from them. Even if that means they aren't with you as long as they are happy you are happy, but when they are with you the world lights up and feels truly alive." His hopeless romantic was showing, then again he was a writer the two sometimes tend to go hand in hand. "But alas not everyone finds it because love is a 100%/100% not a 50%/50% and if one person is not willing to give their 100% then it wont work." He would then pick his glass up and walk it to her sink before washing it out real quick and putting it away. "Traveling the world is an amazing idea. I love it personally. I never stay in the same place for more than three months. Well sometimes longer if the place I am at is truly inspiring a story, but normally three months is when I find somewhere else to go. There is always new places to see and new cultures to learn." He would walk back into the living space and give her a smile. "I appreciate the offer and I will take you up on it. So where is the place you wish to go most?"

Kia smiled as she listened to him talk, it was amazing "I'll take your word for it. I've never even had a chance to see what love looks like" she said and stood up "you might have to give me a list of places to go and see. This way" she lead Reien through the house and up the stairs to a small but cozy guest room "I'm the next room over if you need anything"

Reien had seen love more importantly he had felt it, but all that was gone now. Stolen from him such a long time ago and he tended to not dwell on bad things because dwelling on the bad or sad only took away from seeing the world truly be alive. He would follow her up to the guest bedroom and nod. "Well maybe when this is all said and done with if you don't find me too horrible of company I can show you places myself." The smile only played with one side of his lips, giving him one of those crooked half smiles that seemed to narrow the eyes just a bit with it. "I'd say we should just disappear tonight, but I have a feeling if he really wants you, he will come find you."

Status
Not open for further replies.