Building a Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illya froze as she heard his voice she thought about going to hide one her blanket but when she looked back at her bed all she could think about were spider crawling all over it. She started to cry again.
"Spi....spiders." She cried before wiping at her eyes again.
"They were in my bed so many and they kept staring at me where's momma!"
She didn't move closer to him or run away she just stood there crying.

Allie seemed to have her own nightmare her face scrounging up before her eyes slowly opened she checked the clock before her eyes went wide. She quickly jumped up cleaning up her mess when she heard her daughter. She hurried down stairs to find out what was going on though she already knew it was a nightmare.

"I don't know little one. I imagine your mommy is sleeping. Bit I haven't seen her since I came inside." Griffin told her softly. "Are you afraid of spiders?" He reached into the room and turned on the light. "Do you want me to look for them?" He asked gently not wanting to enter her room without permission. "I'm afraid of spiders too but I'll look for them if you want." He hoped there weren't any real spiders. Like Illya he was terrified of them. He wondered if she had had a bad experience with them the way he had or if it was just a regular childhood fear.

She jumped a little when the light flicked on. She nodded before stepping away from the door way so he could walk in.
"You won't find any." Allie said behind Griffin.
Illya perked up when she heard her mothers voice running right past Griffin. Allie picked her daughter up as she hid her face in her mothers chest.
"She gets these nightmares whenever she talks about spiders." Allie patted her daughters head.
"Did you talk about them honey?"

Illya nodded.
"I told Sam I was scared of spiders and I started thinking about all these pictures from books. It was scary there were so many."

"Okay honey stop talking about it." Allie laughed a bit causing her daughter to glare at her. Allie kissed Illya's nose quickly before grinning at her daughter.

Griffin nodded. "I'll be downstairs then." He was relieved that there was no spiders. He would have searched the room for Illya if that would have helped the little girl calm down. "Illya when you have to talk about them spell the words. At least when your here at home. That might help. Although I doubt you'll need to talk about them again."he was glad that Illya was alright now. Feeling awkward and out of place he turned and headed down the stairs again.

Illya watched him turn as she peaked over her mothers shoulder.
"Thank you." She mumbled before looking away.

Allie laughed before taking her daughter into her room she set her down on the bed.
"Now honey let's talk about something fun. What do you want to be when you grow up?" Allie smiled.
"I want to work at a zoo and make sure the animals are happy." She laughed as her mom tickled her.
"Do you remember what that's called?" Allie asked.
"A zoologist."
"Yes, to mostly." Allie laughed.
"So dream about all those happy animals okay honey." Illya nodded.
Allie kissed her forehead before standing up and heading to the door. She shut off the light and headed for the hall closet pulling out a blanket and small pillow.
She headed down stair.
"We can set up an extra bed in Sam's room tomorrow sorry I meant to stay up until you got back but I fell asleep working upstairs." She said as she came into the living room.

Griffin listened to Allie comfort Illya. He smiled when he heard the little girl laugh. He was glad to know that the little girl as going to be alright. He returned to the couch but he knew he wasnt likely to fall asleep again. He looked at the clock and sighed. It wasnt as early as he would have liked it to be. He ran his fingers through his hair. He turned when he heard Allie come down stairs. "No. That's alright. Sam needs his space. Im fine on the couch. I sleep there more often then not anyway. Sam will be able to explain it to Illya if she asks. I am sorry I stayed out so late. I didnt intent to."

"Your going to make me feel bad." Allie mumbled sitting on the recliner. She yawned before stretching out a bit.
"Illya didn't run away from you guess she fears spiders more then you. If it ever happen again and you get ther first just turn on the light tuck her in and talk about a few animals. Actually if you just talk about animal to her she will probably warm up to you right away. I'm sure Sam was bored all day that all she think about even the DVDs she ask for a just series from animal planet."
Allie smiled before covering up with the blanket she brought down.
"You know when your comfortable you can use my room I mean I've already slept with you I don't think it will bother me any." She yawnd.

"I'm afraid I don't know much about animals." Griffin told her honestly. He hasn't finished high school so his education was spotty. "You don't need to feel guilty. Like I said I often sleep on the couch so it won't see odd to Sam. I don't know about sleeping together. We'll see." He hasn't slept with anyone in years. He wasn't sure either of them was ready for that. He had been drunk last time. He wouldn't be this time. It would be too awkward. "You don't have to stay up. You should sleep in your bed. I'm sure you have a lot to do tomorrow. I thought I would take Sam to the school."

"Just any animal. She'll tell you all about them." Allie kick the foot rest up leaning back.
"Na, I think I'll stay here. After all you won't get used to us if you don't spend time around us and I won't get used to your quietness if I don't expose my self to it. So, we don't have to talk but I'll stay here to."
She curled up in the chair on her side her back to him. "Goodnight." She mumbled closing her eyes. To her surprise he didn't both her much anymore maybe it was because he was so much like Illya personality wise or maybe it was because she felt bad for making Sam sad earlier. Either way she felt like she wanted to get used to being around Griffin.

Griffin shrugged. It was her house. If she wanted to stay down here he couldn't stop her. He felt like an intruder. He laid down on the couch again. It took awhile fie him to drift off again. When he did he only tossed and turned restlessly. He gave up and got up at six. As quietly as he could he went into the kitchen. He tossed out the pizza that had been in the microwave all night. Then he started looking through the cabinets. Most of the things he had never seen or heard of. But he found enough to start some omletes for breakfast."

Allie woke up to the smell of food cooking around 6:30 she yawned before working the crick out of her neck. Besides that she slept pretty well in the large recliner. Rubbing her eyes she shuffled into the kitchen to see Griffin cooking.
"Morning, you making enough for everyone?" She mumbled grabbing a cup and opening the fridge she poured her self some natural mango juice before heading to the coffee pot to start a fresh pot.

Griffin nodded. At least he thought he was making enough for them all. He didn't know how much Allie and Illya eat. "I think so." He watched her turn on the coffee. "I filled out the paperwork for the school. I want to drive Sam up there and take a look around." He wanted to see the school and met the staff. He wanted to know who he was trusting with his son.

"That's fine, we can head up there when I drop off Illya. My family is part of the board there well my father it's where I went to school. Don't get mad but my family is particular I hate it myself. But, they paid his tuition this year. They don't approve of you and they aren't going to like you but they don't believe in devorice it will stain their name if their daughter got divorced just like how they told everyone we had been together before hand. I know it's bad and I know it's going to make things awkward for you but they aren't bad people really they treat Illya like she's an angle they will be good to Sam." Allie spoke quickly fearing his reaction. Her parents were harsh on her but they reply did treat Allie like she was everything to them and they said the only good that came out of this mess was they get another grandchild. "When I was getting scolded in their calm I'm going to act like its nothing but glare at you like you ruined your life they did say there was one good thing they get to have another grandkid."

Griffin nearly dropped his spoon. "They did what?" He shook his head. This was worse then he imagined. "I have the money for tuition." He told her. He would not take charity. He was perfectly capable of taking care of his son. "I don't care if they like or approve of me. As long as the accept Sam." He wasn't accepting to be accepted. Hell you knew he wouldn't be. He was trailer trash. His father was a thug. If they treated Sam well he didn't care how they treated him. But he knew that it would upset Sam to see him rejected. "If you and Illya want to come with us that's fine." Not really but he would deal with it. "But it has to be her choice. I don't know how long I'll stay so if you have other things to do we should go separately. I'm not leaving until in comfortable with the school and the staff."

"Ya, wel accept or I'll have to hear it." She mumbled. She seemed a bit angry. "I don't know how this is going to work between me an you you really starting to tick me of." It was like she snapped. "I don't give a shit what you look like anymore I'm over that but how your acting is like a child if I have to be your wife then you better learn how to care about me and Illya. you need to care what my parents think about you! I'm not going to live my life with a man I can't get close enough to. To learn about how to care about. your so frustrating I couldn't even accidentally marry someone easier to deal with." She stopped out of the kitchen not even finishing the coffee. She stopped up stairs pausing at Illya's door to calm down before she walked in to get her ready.

Griffin shook his head. She had no idea what she was talking about. He didn't care what her parents thought of him. If he did he would only be hurt. They hadn't even met him and they had rejected him. Why should he allow them to hurt him that way. Did she even think before she spoke? He wasn't accepting anything from anyone. He set the table before heading up to Sam's room. How could he make thus work. She expected him to live by her rules. She never asked his thoughts or feelings. Just told him and expected him to accept it. She got mad at him when he did that but he was suppose to let her get away with it? What sense did that make? If he didn't love Sam so much he would be walk way. But he loved his son too much to hurt him that way. "Up and at'em Sammy boy. Your dads mad another mess."

Allie got Illya dressed putting her in the schools uniform before braiding her hair. She got dressed and cleaned up herself.
"Momma I'm hungry." Illya said.
Allie laughed before patting her head.
"I think Griffin made breakfast what to go down and eat?" She ask. Illya stared at her mother for a second.
"What did he make."
"Omelets I think." Allie answered.
"Fine only cuz I like omelets come on momma." Illya said tugging on her arm.

Illya hid behind her mother as they walked into the kitchen.
"Honey sit down and eat I'm going to go get the newspaper."
Illya nodded before sitting at the table.
Allie walked outside getting the paper instead of going back inside she sat out on the pouch closing her eyes with a sigh.

"What happened?" Sam asked as he got dressed.

"Allie told me that her paid for your tuition even though the don't approve of me. They haven't even met me and they rejected me." Griffin explained.

Sam winced. He could hear the pain in his dad's voice. His dad would never admit it but it hurt him when people rejected him. "I'm sorry dad."

"Worse yet she tells me that I'm suppose to care what they think of me. What sense does that make?" he shook his head. He followed Sam out of his room and downstairs. Seeing Illya in the kitchen he sat onnthe couch.

Sam sighed and shook his head as he went into the kitchen. "Morning Illya. I hope you slept well."

"Ya, after momma put me back to bed." She nodded eating her food.
"Where's your dad?" She asked.

After a few minutes Allie decided to go back inside. She noticed Griffin in the living room but decided to leave him alone. "Illya lets go grandma and papa want to see you before school today see you after school Sam" Illya jumped up running to her mom. Her mom went to the living room. Illya standing behind her moms legs peaking out at Griffin.

"Do you have a car? Or are you using the van. "Allie pulled out a second set of keys.
" I didn't sell it after he passed it only gets used once a month it need someone to take care of it or it will just rot away." She set down the keys to a Chevy pickup.
"I'm going to see my mom and dad. The school is Edith Westbrook privet academy." She wrote down the address on a piece of paper." Hope you like it and Sam like it if not there the public school or or in the city but I heard the city has a lot of problems. I won't be back for a while I have to run by the store and make sure Casey is doing her job."

Griffin stood to his feet. Sam rushed put of the kitchen. "Dad don't." he looked at his son and then sighed. He nodded and walked out without a word. Sam picked up the keys and handed them back to Allie. "I want this to work Allie. The only thing I've ever wanted was a mother. I'm excited about having a sister. But how can this work when your whole family has rejected my dad?" he asked. He didn't wait for an answer. He went outside. He saw his father standing by his truck with his had hanging sadly. He went to his dad and hugged him. "It'll be alright dad." his dad just shook his head and ruffled his hair. Sam sighed and climbed into the truck. His dad climbed in and started the car. It was a silent drive to the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.