Building a Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam sighed ashe heard te moving van startup. He grabbed Iiya and Allie's wrist so neither could take off. "Illya how would have you have felt if your mother's forced you to met my dad.? Sam asked. Before he turned his attention to Alie. "My dad is a lot like Illya. E has only one friend. He would have waited for Illya to come to him when she was comfortable enough doing so. It wouldn't have mattered to him if it too a day or several years. He wanted her to accept him on her own. Not be forced. Dad doesn't believe in forcing anyone to do anything."

"Did you see here kicking and screaming as she came down stairs with me." Allie sighed.
Illya huffed her cheeks. "Ha, I came down by myself I might not have talked to him but if I want to go to the store I would have to see him right?" Illya pouted before pulling her hand from Sam's.
Allie tilted her head for a second. "Wait he's just like Illya right?" Allie pulled away from Sam leaving the two kids in the house for a second she walked to the Van knocking on the drivers side window.
"Open up Please."

Sam shook his head. "Dad would force you tosee him. If you want to go to the store and not see him Illya. He would let you. He won't force you to interact with him in anyway." he told her. "Dad doesn't believe that anyone should be force to do anything for any reason. He will stay way until you indicate that you comfortable meeting him on your own."

Griffin shook his head. He rolled the window done. "I'm going to find a place to store my tools and then return the van. Take the kids shopping." he started the truck.

Illya huffed her cheeks. "That doesn't matter what matters is even if I don't like him I decided to be brave and come down stairs and he ran away from me. It hurt my feelings im not the scary one!" Illya started to yell at Sam.

Allie smirked before hoisting her self up into the window reaching for the keys she shut the van off taking the keys and hiding them behind her back. She checked make sure the door was unlocked before sliding back down to the foot step on the van then stepping down. She popped the door open and grabbed his hand.
"Come on she came down by her self. You made her upset when you walked out when she was finally brave enough to let you see her. I'm not telling you to be her father right away heck it will take a few weeks before she speaks to you but you can't do this. If your not good with people that's fine but we are not just people anymore we are your family so I'm going to get you to open up." She tugged on his hand hoping he would get out of the Van she looked back at him giving him her best puppy dog eyes.

"You didn't come down because you wanted to meet my dad but because you wanted to go shopping. How would you like it if he only came in because he wanted a drink or something rather then to met you?" Sam asked her seriously.

Griffin shook his. "Even if she came down on her own it wasn't because she wanted to me. I'm not going to force myself on her. Im sorry upset her. I didnt mean to. I'm not good with people. I want her to be comfortable with me."

Illya crossed her arms looking away from Adam. "Even I'm smart enough to realize if we are all going to live in one house I'm going to have to see him or even be in the same room as him. My momma told me you wanted a mother right the only way my momma can be you mother is if we become a family. If I want a brother that means I have to accept the man who is my brothers father right. I might only be seven but I understand that much."

Allie smiled softly at Griffin before laughing a bit still tugging on his arm. "Your kinda cute." She mumbled.
"Besides the first step to get her comfortable around you is at least being in the same room as her." Allie tugged on his arm yet again.
"Come on please."

"I have wanted a mother a long time Illya. And yes if we are going to be a family you will have to be in the same room as my father. But he won't force you to do so Illya. As long as he thinks you don't want him in the room with you he will avoid being in the same room as you. He is putting your comfort first." Sam explained trying to get her to see that his dad meant well.

"No Allie. I'm not going to force Illya to be around me. It has to be her choice. Not yours. Not mine. Not Sam's Iilya's. Until she is ready I will give her the time and space she needs. Take the kids shopping. I need to unload my tools and return the truck. I'll be back later." Griffin told her. It was simple to him. Illya wasn't ready to met him. Then she didn't have to met him.

"Your father doesn't make any sense I'm not going out of my way to tell him I'm fine being in the same room as him. Isn't he an adult." Illya stopped to the window looking out side at her mother.

"Whatever I'm done I'll be a mother for your son but you Illya didn't particularly want a dad she just needed on. I don't feel like shopping any more I'll make somthingI have here." Allie let go of his hand. Tossing his keys back at him before turning and walking away back into the house her some what decent mood ruined. She noticed Illya peaking out the window. Allie smiled at her daughter before tapping on the window near her daughters face. Illya laughed before shutting the curtain.

Sam sighed. "Illya if you were fine with him being in the same room as you then you wouldn't need me or your mother coding you. You would have come to me him on your own."

Griffin started the truck and drove away. he wasn't going to stay where he wasn't welcome. Allie though he was being difficult. He wasn't. He was trying to respect alittle girls feelings. She should respect that he didn't want to overwhelm her daughter. The gushy girl didnt need to met him until she was ready.

"Great. Just great." Sam shook his head. And threw his hands in the air. "There he goes."

Allie walked in the house looking at same for a second before going to her daughter picking her up again.
"Let's go cook honey we will stay home today." Illya giggled as her mother tickled her for a second as they walked into the kitchen. Allie pulled out a skillet and the defrosted chicken Illya handed her utensils and seasonings before pulling out spinach leaves condiments and the peta bread. Allie started to cook. "Momma, let's watch movies tonight can I stay in your room?"
"Sure honey we can watch movies tonight after we eat." Allie said. "But , why don't you ask Sam to watch them with you?" Illya pouted.
"Sam made me mad." She crossed her arms pouting.

"It's ok Allie. I need to unpack. You to have fun." Sam headed upstairs. This family thing was going to be harder then he thought. He knew that his father Woukd struggle to find his place. But he hadn't considered the drama that would come with that struggle. His father would force Illya to interact with him in anyway until she choose to do so. That should have made things easier for them all. Not caused so much choas. He was at a lose as to what to do to make things better.

Griffin took his time driving around. He had nowhere to go or anywhere to be. Sam would be fine with the girls for awhile.

Allie smiled at Sam but didn't stop him she wasn't sure if she was being childish or if his father just put her in that mood she didn't want to have to think about the subject anymore. Sam, only made her think about it.

After she finished cooking she prepared hers and Illya's cutting a large peta loaf in half opening it and placing the chicken in side each one adding blue cheese crumbles, mustard, and spinach leaves. She made one plain setting it infront of an empty chair before placing some toppings I. The center of the table.
"Illya go tell Sam it's time to eat. Okay." Illya nodded before running up stairs.

"Sam, it's time to eat." Illya sounded angry as she locked on Sam's door. She turned and left heading back down stairs.

Sam debated going down to eat. Finally he decided not going down would be petty. He finished the box he was unpacking and headed downstairs. He nodded to them when he sat down in an empty seat. It hurt to sit down to ate without his father. He had never eaten without his dad unless he was at school. He doubted that his father would come back into the house until everyone had gone to bed. He would find a storage place and then drive around getting to know the town. He would park the truck outside and wait.

"Sorry again Sam." Allie muttered before looking at her daughter who seemed to turn her head and cross her arms. But, after a few seconds she peaked at Sam.
"I'm sorry too Sam I'll try my best so your dad won't scare me." She muttered before digging into her food. After dinner she told Sam and Illya to go watch movies while she tried to get some work done upstairs.

"What do you want to watch Sam?" Illya asked sitting in her room infront of the dvd play that sat on the ground.

(I'm sorry for some reason I never got this notification.)

Sam nodded. "I understand. I am use to dad and your not. He is trying to be considerate. Im not saying he is doing a good job at it. Just that he is trying to give you both time and space to adjust to us." He told them before eating. One they eat he followed Illya to watch the movies. "I don't know. Why don't we start with your favorite." He suggested. He didn't know what movies they had. He hadn't had a chance to look but he doubted they had many of the action movies that he and his father enjoyed.

"Well if I choose it will be a documentary on animals." She mumbled looking down. She dug through the her DVDs before come across a documentary about snakes.
"One day I want to be like these people and study all sorts of animals. Except spiders I hate spiders their so scary. But spiders are bugs. Arachanids.... Right?" She said it wrong as a sick look crossed her face as she shivered. She turned putting the dvd in. "Snakes sometimes make me jump to but the people who catch them are so cool. Dodging santching then up." She laughed.

Allie sat at her sketch pad. Sketching was never her strong suit they were rough and really one she could understand them. After a few hours she checked the clock with a sigh. "Well the kids must be asleep." He has to come back in sometime right?

Sam sighed. He looked through the movie. Yea this was going to be a challenge. Luckily he and his dad had their own collection of movies and a Netflix account. He was going to have to introduce Illya to fun movies. She was a very serious little girl. He had never met anyone as serious. With the exception of his father.

Griffin waited until all the lights in the house went out. He was tempted to sleep in the car. He didn't know what kind of bedroom arrangements they had. But he knew he wouldn't sleep well with strangers around. Eventually he decided to go inside. If nothing else he would sleep on the couch. He had done so before. He went into the house as quietly as possible.

At some point Allie fell asleep at her desk she found her self sketching boys cloths for fun.

Illya had fallen asleep with a bad feeling. Every time she even said the word spiders she would get nightmares. No, matter how tough and smart she acted hoe much she read and watched to be like her dad. She was still a kid. She woke up wides eyed as she looked around her room in a panic. She stood up and ran to her moms room but she wasn't there. She started to cry her blue eyes shutting as she wiped at her eyes.
"Momma momma!" She yelled hoping her mother would hear her.

Allie was a whole floor up with the door on the second floor and the third floor shut. Her daughters crying didn't wake her up after the hours she spent waiting.

Sam had gone to sleep. He was a deep sleeper so he didn't stir when Illya started to cry but Griffin did. He was actually awake before she screamed for her mother. He waited a minute to see if Allie would go to her daughter. When he didn't hear her move after a couple of minutes he climbed to his feet. With a frown he headed up the stairs. He knew Allie lived her daughter so he couldn't understand why she wasn't coming to her daughter. He stopped outside Ilya's room. "Its alright little one. You're safe."

Status
Not open for further replies.