Not open for further replies.

Iwaku

Edgelord
Original poster
SITE ACCOUNT
FOLKLORE MEMBER
This is a BUG REPORT THREAD!

We just updated the forums to 1.5.9

If something weird is happening, or giving you errors, report it in this thread.

PLEASE -ONLY- REPORT IT IN THIS THREAD AND IN THE HELP DESK. DO NOT SEND A CONVERSATION, EMAIL, HIT UP PEOPLE IN CHAT OR ON SKYPE UNLESS YOU CANNOT POST ON THE FORUMS.
You might end up messaging the wrong person and getting BAD information. Everyone needs to be able to see what is reported and what has been fixed. Please make sure to report bugs in the right place or we might never get it fixed!

KNOWN ISSUES STILL TO BE ADDRESSED
  • On some styles the colors might be a little fucked up. When reporting those, post a screencap for us.
  • Highlighting text is invisible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally just edited my post here. Changed the tag I was using and it works fine. May be a glitch with the [*bimg] tag and the [*accordion] BB Code, I don't know, honestly.

Reactions: Pahndemic
:/ I've never seen that "bing" coding before. It's possible that Iwaku doesn't support it.

What's that code supposed to do?

Iwaku supports it. I use it for almost all of my images, and I used it for my signature before too. That's why I wonder why it doesn't work now. bimg just allows you to add more parameters to edit an image. Like if and image was huge just add 300 and now the image will keep the same proportions but will only be 300 wide. Not sure what measurement it actually uses, but 300 is typically the size I use.

I think the reason it does that is because your image link doesn't end with .jpeg or .png or whatever. Try hosting it somewhere like Imgur and test it again.

I have tried that but got the same results. I can preview and Iwaku says everything should look fine, then I click save changes and it just removes the bimg tags. I even tried editing the size in imgur and saving it with normal img tags, but then it removes the text underneath of it.

Iwaku supports it. I use it for almost all of my images, and I used it for my signature before too. That's why I wonder why it doesn't work now. bimg just allows you to add more parameters to edit an image. Like if and image was huge just add 300 and now the image will keep the same proportions but will only be 300 wide. Not sure what measurement it actually uses, but 300 is typically the size I use.

I have tried that but got the same results. I can preview and Iwaku says everything should look fine, then I click save changes and it just removes the bimg tags. I even tried editing the size in imgur and saving it with normal img tags, but then it removes the text underneath of it.
There seems to be an issue with the [.BIMG] tag.

Just gonna tag @Diana here just in case :v

in the meantime I'd suggest re-sizing the image to the size of your choice and simply using the IMG code instead.

There seems to be an issue with the [.BIMG] tag.

Just gonna tag @Diana here just in case :v

in the meantime I'd suggest re-sizing the image to the size of your choice and simply using the IMG code instead.
Well I've tried that now, and in the edit signature window, when I refresh it at least says the text is below the gif, but now the text doesn't show up in actual signatures.

Well I've tried that now, and in the edit signature window, when I refresh it at least says the text is below the gif, but now the text doesn't show up in actual signatures.
Yeah cause it collapses :v you can do [imga=right] or [imga=left] to have the text on the side. I know they're just alternate solutions but ... D:

Yeah cause it collapses :v you can do imga=right or imga=left to have the text on the side. I know they're just alternate solutions but ... D:

That's ok, I guess I'd really like to know why the bbcode isn't working, so hopefully someone will be able to help. I'll wait a bit and just change my signature if needed.

That's ok, I guess I'd really like to know why the bbcode isn't working, so hopefully someone will be able to help. I'll wait a bit and just change my signature if needed.
Try this:

Code:
[bimg=fright|300|external link goes here]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/gurennlagann/images/0/0f/SimonsDrill.gif[/bimg]

[i]Sail on a sweet silver mist.[/i]

I removed the stuff after the file extension. Sometimes Iwaku can be picky about that.

I removed the stuff after the file extension. Sometimes Iwaku can be picky about that.
Yeah, looks like it's probably MediaWiki's (the software under the hood at Wikia) file revision "directory structure" that's the problem here, as generally most forum software will ignore a query string (the ?xxx=yyy part) after a known image file type.

Example: my avatar has a query string of ?1440107554:

18865.jpg

xenForo ignores the query string and just posts the image.

The reason for this behavior is that when linking to an image with no additional stuff after it except the query string, the server, and therefore xenForo, knows that the query string isn't really there, as an image is just static binary data hosted on a server. However, due to the way Linux (what most of the Internet is running for a server OS) handles file structure--that being that everything is technically a file--if we stick directory structure rewrites on the end of an image URL like MediaWiki does, the server referencing the image will actually think the image is a directory, and the link will break as the file we're actually linking to, as Iwaku sees it, is the mysterious "latest" file at the end of the URL, which doesn't actually exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this:

Code:
[bimg=fright|300|external link goes here]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/gurennlagann/images/0/0f/SimonsDrill.gif[/bimg]

[i]Sail on a sweet silver mist.[/i]

I tried that too though. Exact same problem. The bimg bbcode just disappears after saving.

Edit: I've even been trying different gifs from different locations as well.

I tried that too though. Exact same problem. The bimg bbcode just disappears after saving.

Edit: I've even been trying different gifs from different locations as well.
Strange. Have you tried uploading the image to imgur?

Strange. Have you tried uploading the image to imgur?
Yes, I have uploaded it to imgur and edited it to be the right size there. I can upload it and it will display if I only use img tags, but then it won't display the text. It will at least say it saves the text, but that doesn't matter if it doesn't display.

Yes, I have uploaded it to imgur and edited it to be the right size there. I can upload it and it will display if I only use img tags, but then it won't display the text. It will at least say it saves the text, but that doesn't matter if it doesn't display.
That's really, really strange. Looks like a case for @Diana , for sure.

I think I posted this before, but I'll post it again since the issue is still there.

I took a screenshot to show the problem. Basically whenever I click the fullscreen to increase the size of the post box, I can't access anything, nor can I make the post box smaller, unless I refresh the page. It's been like this since the last update.

screenie.JPG

I think I posted this before, but I'll post it again since the issue is still there.

I took a screenshot to show the problem. Basically whenever I click the fullscreen to increase the size of the post box, I can't access anything, nor can I make the post box smaller, unless I refresh the page. It's been like this since the last update.

View attachment 127274
That's a general problem with fixed top navigation more than it is with any specific forum using it. The only real way to fix this would be to limit the vertical height of the full-page editor to the height of the browser window minus the height of the top navigation bar.

• Thank You
Reactions: Greenie

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-25-11-58-54.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-25-11-58-54.png
    280 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.