Not open for further replies.

Iwaku

Edgelord
Original poster
SITE ACCOUNT
FOLKLORE MEMBER
This is a BUG REPORT THREAD!

We just updated the forums to 1.5.9

If something weird is happening, or giving you errors, report it in this thread.

PLEASE -ONLY- REPORT IT IN THIS THREAD AND IN THE HELP DESK. DO NOT SEND A CONVERSATION, EMAIL, HIT UP PEOPLE IN CHAT OR ON SKYPE UNLESS YOU CANNOT POST ON THE FORUMS.
You might end up messaging the wrong person and getting BAD information. Everyone needs to be able to see what is reported and what has been fixed. Please make sure to report bugs in the right place or we might never get it fixed!

KNOWN ISSUES STILL TO BE ADDRESSED
  • On some styles the colors might be a little fucked up. When reporting those, post a screencap for us.
  • Highlighting text is invisible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the BB Code has essentially been broken in many ways. Going in and stringing together multiple codes, nesting codes, editing a coded post and more essentially breaks a post and requires extensive editing to make the post semi-decent again. Many changes no longer stick between edits such as indentation, as in the BB Coding disappears from the post altogether. Some coding, such as Bolding, italics and underlining if used multiple times within a post when nested in another code such as a list will break and go beyond the parameters intended to be used. You can no longer create tabs or spoilers within spoilers as easily.

This has been popping up on my screen all afternoon:

addb61d7f9f894b4e6f695d2c0c9dd21.png

I was completely unable to access the site for at least a good 10 minutes earlier. At first I just got a generic "unable to access webpage" error, but then eventually I started getting the "Internal Server Error" message. The same thing happened on my phone, my computer (Mac), and my roommate's computer (PC). :/

Reactions: LunaValentine
Yeah there was a server booboo and @jared555 worked on it :v

Hew115
The problem is that the postings section on my profile isn't working
It's urgent
I added a screenshot of the problem here as well

Attachments

• IMG_0372.PNG
    IMG_0372.PNG
    77.3 KB · Views: 5
Hew115
The problem is that the postings section on my profile isn't working
It's urgent
I added a screenshot of the problem here as well
The search function is down right now, hence why you can't see the posts sections as it uses the search function

• Thank You
Reactions: junebug
The search function is down right now, hence why you can't see the posts sections as it uses the search function
I was wondering why search was giving me an error. Thanks.

I came into chat with this visual glitch showing in Steambox. It could be seen by multiple users.
chat glitch.JPG

Reactions: Kitti
Earlier I replied to a blog entry, which went fine and all. However, I noticed a typo and wanted to edit that. Though, when I did that the comment deleted all of my paragraphs and made it look like one mess. D8 I tried to edit again and the reply looked fine in the editor. So I just added extra enters, but it just wouldn't let me and still look like one congested piece.

I also noticed the same enter space problem in our status/mood bar. I can't add these anymore, but I'm pretty confident that I could do this before?

In my request thread I'm using a bit of BB Code. The issue I'm having isn't really a post-breaking one, but I find it a little annoying nonetheless, and it might be a bug though I'm not exactly sure. I have a characters tab where I use the [*accordian] tag to list some raw character outlines, and inside each slide within the tag I've placed images using the [*bimg] tag. However, I don't know if it's just me, but the images don't load at first when I first open the thread in my browser. The images don't load except under two conditions:

1.) I edit the post. Doesn't matter if I actually change anything or not.

2.) I open the characters tab, select one of the accordian slides, and then hover over the Message or Notification icons until they load, which apparently loads the image in the current open accordian slide. However, if I switch to another accordian slide and then switch back, the image becomes... well, "unloaded".

Is this just a problem with how the accordian tab is constructed? Should I seek an alternative method of displaying my characters? If it were possible for me to do my own scripting to make a slider I'd do that for my character display, as I already have quite a nice idea of what I could do for it -- however I don't know how or if it's possible for me to make my own scripts (Javascript) and styling (CSS) and then use them on this site. if that's possible, then that would be quite handy to know how to do.

Nevermind, fixed it by using [*IMG] instead of [*bimg]

I'm in a clan named "Magica Girls Series" and I'm unable to access the Character Skeleton discussion. This has not worked on multiple devices and I just get an error message. There is no specific text regarding why the error is occurring, but it just appears when I try to enter the discussion. I have contacted the owner of the group, but they seem to have no idea why this is occurring. I am currently trying to collaborate with other members of the group to see if they have the same issue, but so far, it seems no one else is having this issue. If there is something I need to do, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to do it~

Thank you very much for reading this and helping me solve my little issue~

EDIT: I went and did the action again, but the Error did display a message. It says, "Requested Discussion Topic not found".

Last edited:
Whenever I try editing my signature, the BBCoding disappears. It's not that complex, but after I click save changes it removes the image tags. I've tried clearing the signature completely and inserting it and this happens no matter what order I try to change my signature. I'm pretty certain this coding should work too.

Attachments

• Saving_Sig.png
    Saving_Sig.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Not_Saved.png
    Not_Saved.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 5
Whenever I try editing my signature, the BBCoding disappears. It's not that complex, but after I click save changes it removes the image tags. I've tried clearing the signature completely and inserting it and this happens no matter what order I try to change my signature. I'm pretty certain this coding should work too.
:/ I've never seen that "bing" coding before. It's possible that Iwaku doesn't support it.

What's that code supposed to do?

I think the reason it does that is because your image link doesn't end with .jpeg or .png or whatever. Try hosting it somewhere like Imgur and test it again.

In my request thread I'm using a bit of BB Code. The issue I'm having isn't really a post-breaking one, but I find it a little annoying nonetheless, and it might be a bug though I'm not exactly sure. I have a characters tab where I use the [*accordian] tag to list some raw character outlines, and inside each slide within the tag I've placed images using the [*bimg] tag. However, I don't know if it's just me, but the images don't load at first when I first open the thread in my browser. The images don't load except under two conditions:

1.) I edit the post. Doesn't matter if I actually change anything or not.

2.) I open the characters tab, select one of the accordian slides, and then hover over the Message or Notification icons until they load, which apparently loads the image in the current open accordian slide. However, if I switch to another accordian slide and then switch back, the image becomes... well, "unloaded".

Is this just a problem with how the accordian tab is constructed? Should I seek an alternative method of displaying my characters? If it were possible for me to do my own scripting to make a slider I'd do that for my character display, as I already have quite a nice idea of what I could do for it -- however I don't know how or if it's possible for me to make my own scripts (Javascript) and styling (CSS) and then use them on this site. if that's possible, then that would be quite handy to know how to do.
I just checked your thread and the images load when I go in the Characters tab, then click one of the accordions. Maybe it's your browser loading too slow? o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.