BUG REPORTS THREAD: XF 1.4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I mentioned this before but one of the tags in the Science Fiction subforum is misspelled.

The tag is spelled "Apocolyptic" when it should be "Apocalyptic."

Google Crome
Windows 7
Post Deletion

I just finished a really long post and posted it up, but when the page refreshed to show, half of my post was gone! I spent a whole hour on it TTmTT I tried to see if it was just invisible or there was a code issue or something, but there wasnt anything.

I don't know if this is happening with anyone else, but my blog appears to be broken. I tried to post a prose yesterday, and it simply won't publish. I've tried messing with the publication time and date and everything, and it won't go up. I've also tried starting over and pasting the text to a new entry, and that didn't work either. The current status underneath scheduled entries is "publishes soon," and has been since I tried to submit it yesterday around 3.

@Diana

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

wherearetheratings.PNG

First you take away the negatives... NOW ALL THE RATINGS ARE GONE

Just wanted to point this out. Seems like it must have been recent, because I am 99% sure they were there earlier today.

@Diana

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

View attachment 61838

First you take away the negatives... NOW ALL THE RATINGS ARE GONE

Just wanted to point this out. Seems like it must have been recent, because I am 99% sure they were there earlier today.
Yep, they were. I think Diana broke iwaku again. o.O

It happened maybe 4-5 hours ago? Maybe a bit more, but definitely not over 12 hours ago. So it changed somewhere around 4-10 hours ago I would say.

I can also confirm that the number thing was there earlier today.

There's still the total positive ratings count on the profile page at least.

*Cough*
Screenshot 2015-03-17 at 1.40.47 PM.png
*cough*
Screenshot 2015-03-17 at 1.22.22 PM.png
It's so desolate, mam.

*Was going to complain about this with everyone else, but got busy.*

Pardon Miss Diane. You work so hard. Hugs.
But still... @Diana
Fill this empty void.​
With something?​

Please?​

I BEG OF THEE!

Maybe rearrange some stuff?​
Keep Iwaku pretty?​

Ps. The *wink*"possible"*wink new content totally looks cool btw.​

Not really a bug, but it didn't seem important enough to warrant its own thread.

Right now, the bookmarks system is set up so that if a post you had bookmarked gets edited, you receive an alert that it's been edited.

Can we set it up so that if a user edits his/her own bookmarked post, no such alert comes up? I don't need to be reminded that a post I had bookmarked was edited when I was the one who made the change xD

Not really a bug, but it didn't seem important enough to warrant its own thread.

Right now, the bookmarks system is set up so that if a post you had bookmarked gets edited, you receive an alert that it's been edited.

Can we set it up so that if a user edits his/her own bookmarked post, no such alert comes up? I don't need to be reminded that a post I had bookmarked was edited when I was the one who made the change xD
Go to alert preferences and uncheck the box :9

Last edited:
I think i am finding three bugs (and problems) so far...
First of all, let's talk about your site itself's problem to start. Check my file as it showed up almost anywhere in your site, making me feel unsafe to visit this any longer. =X

Second, speaking of "Sun", she and I both got the problem that our roleplay in PM were unable to continue because it said "'Sun Moon' Left the conversation permanently" while Sun confirmed that she NEVER chose to leave it permanently. I am also unable to reply it (to continue the roleplay) to her unless I have to send her a new PM with all RP posts... =/

And lastly, when I click Spoiler icon to set the spoiler-codes in which it was only just one spoiler code (begin and end) but once I posted / saved, it goes to TWO Spoiler boxes instead one, while one has empty inside and other one is what I did typed in. Tried to rid the empty one but it does continue appear another empty Spoiler box.

Attachments

• ForSun.jpg
    ForSun.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 10
I dunno how to fix the identity information thing. Paging @Diana

Regarding your PM thread, there are a few options. If YOU are the thread starter, you have permissions to invite other users to the conversation and can invite @Sun Moon back into the conversation. In the sidebar where it lists the users in the conversation, you can click the "Invite More" link to add Sun Moon back into the conversation.

If you are NOT the thread starter (that is, you didn't send the first message), though, you are unfortunately out of luck as far as I know. In that case I think the only option is to copy/paste everything and start a new PM.

Regarding the spoiler thing, the Rich Text Editor on the forum sometimes gets confused when you use some of the formatting tools, especially if there are a lot of other BBcode tags in your post. The easiest way to get rid of it will be to use the button in the top right of your text editor that looks like this:
Screen Shot 2015-03-25 at 8.19.10 PM.png
That's the BBCode editor. It will convert your entire post into BBcode so that you can find the spoiler tags and edit them out.

After that, you shouldn't have that problem any more.

As a word of advice in the future, it often helps to wait until your post is finished before adding all the formatting tags! I have noticed that most of the formatting errors occur when I use formatting before the post is done and it still has open tags.

I think i am finding three bugs (and problems) so far...
First of all, let's talk about your site itself's problem to start. Check my file as it showed up almost anywhere in your site, making me feel unsafe to visit this any longer. =X

Our site has a security certificate and that is what that warning is about. :) It's telling you that all content hosting from OUR domain is secure, but that there is content posted from off-site places. Any thread or page that has an image someone posted that is linked from a domain that is not Iwaku will show that alert icon.

Our site has a security certificate and that is what that warning is about. :) It's telling you that all content hosting from OUR domain is secure, but that there is content posted from off-site places. Any thread or page that has an image someone posted that is linked from a domain that is not Iwaku will show that alert icon.
So... basically, i don't need to worry about that alert thing? Like, hackers or so?

So... basically, i don't need to worry about that alert thing? Like, hackers or so?

Don't need to worry! It is nothing about hackers! O__O Just a warning about off-site content.

If you ever get a random popup in a thread that somesthing like "something in this page is from a known ___ site", though, send me a private with a link! Cause those are caused by a bad image in someone's post or siggy.

On the Dark theme, I'm getting some styling problems.

Untitled.png
That's selected text to show that the color is the same as the background-color.

Not really a bug but kind of an inconvenience:
Capture.PNG
This log-in window appears in the right-hand sidebar now when you view Iwaku without being logged in. Seems like it was added in a little while ago but I never noticed this before today:

The tab order of it is messed up. If you click into the Username field, hitting Tab should bring you to the Password field - it doesn't. Hitting tab once brings you to the "Stay logged in" checkbox, hitting it again takes you up to the log-in dropdown at the top of the screen, and then I have no idea where it goes from there, but it takes forever to tab into the password field!

I know this is a super minor and insignificant detail, but for tabbers like me it makes a difference!

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
I'm trying to make a onexone thread but it just gives me an error message saying that I need at least three characters in the tags text box when I clearly have more than three characters under tags. Please help!

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
I'm trying to make a onexone thread but it just gives me an error message saying that I need at least three characters in the tags text box when I clearly have more than three characters under tags. Please help!

Oh dear. O_O Members are not supposed to be seeing the tags box right now. So for the time being, don't add any tags! That should allow you to post!

I have a grievance with the [slider] bbTag's implementation. :3
A
B

It appears that the animation is taking precedence over the GUI's backend, which is causing the slides to react poorly to rapid clicking (faster than the animation, which feels like half a second). Also, if I click fast enough, I can queue up animations, and that's definitely not expected behavior for the every-user.

In short, I think the animation should restart any time a click interrupts it. The setInterval() function should do the trick, and you can just kill the thread if you need to start a new animation so you don't have competing slide animations. This way the current slide is always the one that is idle or animating, never the one that the user has already dismissed by clicking next, as it is right now. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.