BUG REPORTS THREAD: XF 1.3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our groups system sucks ass. ;__; With every forum update it gets more and more out of date, and is no longer actively supported by the coders. So we're hitting a point where we don't have the ability to fix most of these bugs in it. We've been testing other group systems so we can migrate, but don't have one ready yet for live testing. (We're waiting on our beta package to be sent to us!)

If it's happening in just that group though (the no permissions thing) that is quite weird. o___o Try to just post the link itself in the post box, and don't use the editor buttons. The link to media SHOULD automagically convert to a video bbcode when the post is posted.
Thank you! I would suggest the crunchyroll.com group system (because it was/is awesome) but I'm ignorant and have no idea just how difficult it actually is or know what I am talking about lol

I'll give my members this piece of advice and hopefully we can work around it. Thanks Diana-Senpai <3 <3 <3

Lately sometimes I'll stop receiving alerts for threads I'm subscribed to. This is extremely annoying since RPs keep starting without me knowing and I miss a ton! ;-; I'm using the feature where I automatically subscribe to threads that I post in, and sometimes it's fixed by unwatching and rewatching the thread, but if I remember correctly there was one RP where that stopped working after a couple days. :/

The text editor is acting funny. Whenever I try to bold or un-bold before typing, it just moves the cursor and doesn't do what I wanted it to do.

...Does that make sense?

Tagging people does not seem to send a notification that they have been tagged.

Logged into the Steambox while already being logged into the Cbox. Done it before countless times. This time it changed my Cbox name to the Steambox name without issuing the command. Not sure if it was me or the site, but I thought I'd let you know.

The link to the OOC threads is buggy.

derp.png

When I hover over the "Click to View" button, look at the derpy link it gives me ^.

When I click on it, I get a:

IwakuRoleplay.com - Error

The requested page could not be found.

This is the same for ALL of the the threads and not just in one section.

A few things...

1) the numbers on my notifications are off and usually have a higher number (like, I'll have one new alert but it'll say '2' or something of that nature)

2) I'm not sure why, but when I send PMs sometimes the other user is not getting an alert. I also have this issue on my ned too, where I won't get an alert for a message someone sent me. The message does get through though!

A few things...

1) the numbers on my notifications are off and usually have a higher number (like, I'll have one new alert but it'll say '2' or something of that nature)

2) I'm not sure why, but when I send PMs sometimes the other user is not getting an alert. I also have this issue on my ned too, where I won't get an alert for a message someone sent me. The message does get through though!
I was just coming to say this. Make it STAHP D:

Please. *gives a cookie*

Okay I've noticed that on no matter which device used, and no matter which browser, every time that I edit a post that has the [indent][/indent] tags the edit box shows the indents, but the moment I hit send (or preview, or go to the bbcode editor), it disappears from the actual post (preview, or code) even though it had been there previously. Which men's each time I edit a post with indents in them, I have to place all of them over and over again, which is not very fun.

Also, while even making the post in the first place, if I go from the bbcode editor to the rich text editor the text shows the indents, but when I then hit preview, or go back to the bbcode editor, the indents are gone once more.

All other codes do remain upon doting or switching between the two editor types.

Is there any way this can be fixed, because before it used to work.
(This bug has been here a while now, don't quite remember how long though)

Very buggy updates for all my RPs. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. :(

Buggy quotes where it gets broken up into several quote boxes.

Notifications are still VERY buggy as well and it's starting to delay RPs because of me ;~;

The link to the OOC threads is buggy.

View attachment 41091

When I hover over the "Click to View" button, look at the derpy link it gives me ^.

When I click on it, I get a:

IwakuRoleplay.com - Error

The requested page could not be found.

This is the same for ALL of the the threads and not just in one section.
The link within the threads seem to work, but yeah, the listing links are broken

Some more text editor issues! Yay...

As per usual, all issues encountered on iPhone 5, Safari, latest browser, latest OS
1) Crashing
This happens with the rich text editor disabled as well as when it's enabled. If I backspace tap quickly, the screen freezes and Safari crashes. This does not occur when I do the same on other sites

2) Keyboard
Tapping almost anything on a page with a reply box causes the keyboard to pop up (ie: hitting watch thread, thread tools, bookmark, etc)

3) Pasting/Scrolling
Pasting in the text editor causes it to scroll to the top of the text

4) Back to Top
Back to Top disappears after replying to a thread

Watched threads aren't always notifying me when new posts occur. It has delayed me from replying to several RPs because I am not aware of new activity.

Seems like that's been happening to a lot of us lately. ._.'

We have a scheduled update coming up in two weeks that will hopefully take care of a few of these!

• Thank You
Reactions: Moogle-Girl
Had this problem for awhile and waited to see if it would go away but it didn't. I'm on an iPad air but I'm not looking at the mobile site if that helps. And every time I type up a response and I want to attatch a picture I click the upload button to pick a picture from my camera roll and it won't let me click the button. I can copy paste links and let them look that way but if it is one of my pictures I can't even attatch it.

I suppose this isn't exactly a "bug" so to speak, so I may just be misunderstanding, but in the Disciplinary techniques section of the terms and rules it says this: " Each issue is looked over based on the individuals and the incident at hand, then it is decided what to do any bad behaviors." And I just assumed that was meant to say "...what to do about any bad behaviors."

Status
Not open for further replies.