BUG REPORTS THREAD: XF 1.3.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have some small issues for my mobile version >_<

I mean.. For example in a private convo if my phone is turned vertically I can't see properly the message and the words are all mixed together like on top of the other. If it makes sense.. I don't know how to explain it otherwise ..

And also, since a long time . If I go to the groups sections( doesn't matter the position of my phone) the groups names and all the words are mixed- again on top of each other of the other and such..-
I hope it makes sense ..:)

Hey, I don't know if this is a bug or if it's just on my computer. Either way, today when I logged in I fast noticed that the roleplay banner updated on it's own every minute or so instead of waiting until you change page or until you update the page you are on.

Well, the reason I noticed it was not because I looked at the add for long enough to see it... But because the whole page jumped while I was reading a roleplay post. It's just for less than a second and it goes back to normal fast, but it's very annoying when the whole page jumps when the add changes, especially if you're reading a post or reading through what you've just written to see if there's errors or things you want to re-write.

So as I said, I don't know if this is just on my computer or if it's a problem with iwaku when the add changes. Also I want to point out that it doesn't happen every time it changes for me, but it does happen a lot. I'm guessing it happens when a banner has slightly different format from the previous one. But I dunno.

I'm using google chrome by the way, in case you need to know. I did also test if it happened in opera, and it did.

(Edit: Not a problem after the banners were put back above the alerts and such)

Last edited:
The back to top button is gone..... Not the worst thing....just letting you know.

Style/format bugginess; not sure if we're still waiting on updates to use these or what's going on, but here's what I've found new or persisting.

All problems are while using Safari and Opera on iPhone 5

Using the light styles Opal, Rhodonite, and Topaz, the member cards, most of the Thread Tools (Edit Thread, Add Poll, Delete Thread, Move Thread, and Copy Thread to Group), the Watch/Unwatch Thread/Forum buttons, a few of the post options (Report post, bookmark post, delete post, throw a dice, choose from a list, and add a countdown), the Preferences menu via the username drop-down, and the 'Upload file' button popup when making a new thread, still appear in the dark style.
These issues do not seem to happen in Quartz; so maybe check for differences between the style codes?

(Rhodonite member card)

(Opal Watch Thread)

(Topaz Move Thread)

(Opal Delete Post)

(Opal Preferences (From username dropdown)

In addition, some popup windows have translucent backgrounds, which makes the text difficult to read. This appears to happen across all styles and occurs in the Style Chooser, Quick Navigation Menu, Moderator Actions from Thread Tools, viewing IP, and when viewing bookmarks

(Opal, Style Chooser)

(Opal, Quick Nav)

(Opal, Bookmarks)

The text is also buggy on a few of the pages when viewed on mobile; namely the Groups homepage, and when viewing Groups. The My Ads page is also goofed up a bit.

(Obsidian Groups Page, default (how it loads) view, and fully zoomed out)

(Obsidian, Viewing a Group; top and viewing threads)

(Obsidian, My Ads page)

Last edited:
I feel realy stupid wondering if this is a bug, buuuut there doesn't seem a way to save my drafts. The draft save button was my savior when there were things elsewhere I had to do and now it gone. Is that a bug or am i just thick skulled? xD #BabyComeBack

In group every time I clicked the insert image thing an error came up, but once I posted it then clicked edit I could insert the pictures.

b5pa1l.jpg

Not sure if this is an issue for US or You. Both Fluffy and I have experienced this. Every so often a paragraph I'm currently writing will be highlighted and then deleted because I'm still typing. I'm on a laptop and normally that could be explained via the track pad. However I've disabled mine on this laptop because it's for games, though I can't speak for Fluffy.

Maybe something to look into, maybe it's just us. Either way, hope it's nothing too serious since that can really put a hamper on some RPers.

Using the light styles Opal, Rhodonite, and Topaz, the member cards, most of the Thread Tools (Edit Thread, Add Poll, Delete Thread, Move Thread, and Copy Thread to Group), the Watch/Unwatch Thread/Forum buttons, a few of the post options (Report post, bookmark post, delete post, throw a dice, choose from a list, and add a countdown), the Preferences menu via the username drop-down, and the 'Upload file' button popup when making a new thread, still appear in the dark style.
These issues do not seem to happen in Quartz; so maybe check for differences between the style codes?
I just thought I would mention that even when using Quartz, the text boxes for the role-play resume appear black, which is difficult when the text is black as well. This only happens on the quick menu, though; the one you access by hovering over your username at the top. Here's a screenshot of what I mean.

• Thank You
Reactions: Minibit
Hey,
Just a heads up, the little star for teen members shows up as pink when I'm on chrome, but it's blue in explorer. If I understand correctly it's supposed to be blue?
I Don't know if it does different things on other browsers as well, but I thought someone would like to know.
The adult star is red in both.

And thank you for adding it in the first place! =D

Not sure if this is an issue for US or You. Both Fluffy and I have experienced this. Every so often a paragraph I'm currently writing will be highlighted and then deleted because I'm still typing. I'm on a laptop and normally that could be explained via the track pad. However I've disabled mine on this laptop because it's for games, though I can't speak for Fluffy.

Maybe something to look into, maybe it's just us. Either way, hope it's nothing too serious since that can really put a hamper on some RPers.
I'm getting it, too. Of after a few lines it moves the text you're typing up again. Trying to select text to edit is insane also if it's a few lines up. Using iphone 5 Safari Browser, not touching anything but keyboard.

Also so the easy keys for links, images, and media don't seem to work on mobile: the popup appears but there's no 'insert/ok/apply/done' key

Okay I am having hella issues with this new text box. I'm actually really frustrated.

At first I thought it was an issue with pings ('@'), where after I pinged someone, the rest of my post would just be removed when I hit send. I'd have to rewrite it. However, trying to make a post right now pinging multiple people, I cannot do it, and it's not even because of the ping! I'm trying to type out a person's username that starts with 'Counting' and it will only write out 'Counti.' The rest is disappeared. When I get rid of the name altogether, it gives me an error saying 'please enter a valid message.' I have no idea what's going on. I'm not sure if this post is even going to go through...

All right, this one went through. :| This is happening in the Libertine [A] Requests forum, by the way.

@Counti

See!? Just like that. The rest of that post (that I've been copy + pasting all over the place) will not go through. I'm baffled. This is the post I am trying to submit.

Ugh I can't upload any pics from my laptop in groups and when I try to link them in the private group Im in it says "Thread not found"

Ugh I can't upload any pics from my laptop in groups and when I try to link them in the private group Im in it says "Thread not found"
Im having that same problem. What I do is post it then click edit. The pics usually upload in the edit text box.

I'm having a problem that when I type text out and hit post reply, sometimes it only sends half of it or sometimes it sends a completely empty post. I think I know one other person who has had this issue too.

I hate to pile more stuff up here, but there seems to be an issue with part of the amazing new Button Fanciness. When linking an OOC/SU thread with an IC one or vice-versa, there is a button on the topic lists (under the title of the thread) that allows you to "Click to View". Only when you do, it sticks another "iwakuroleplay.com" etc on the front, directing you to a page that doesn't exist.
Fine in the actual thread, though.

Sorry for bothering you with a small thing like this... Aha...
248933398_129016677126857905_xlarge.jpeg
128924600638219681.jpg

@Diana

now I have noticed that on the MAC Book, there are nowhere to be seen the ratings..>.> isn't weird? O_O
I mean, for any type of post, no matter in which section, the ratings are not there...

I hate to pile more stuff up here, but there seems to be an issue with part of the amazing new Button Fanciness. When linking an OOC/SU thread with an IC one or vice-versa, there is a button on the topic lists (under the title of the thread) that allows you to "Click to View". Only when you do, it sticks another "iwakuroleplay.com" etc on the front, directing you to a page that doesn't exist.
Fine in the actual thread, though.

Sorry for bothering you with a small thing like this... Aha...
248933398_129016677126857905_xlarge.jpeg
128924600638219681.jpg
I'm getting this also. To rephrase;

The forum list link to the affiliated OOC/Signup thread leads to a missing page error. Following the link from within the thread seems to work, however.

I know I haven't replied in a while, so I posting to let you guys know I am working on some of these and looking for fixes. O_O Some days fixes are easier to fix than others.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
I am the owner of a group called "Rose Witch Covenant". For the past month or two I have been unable to hyperlink and embed media. Whenever I try an error message saying "You do not have permission" will pop up, and it has only been happening in that group. It hasn't occurred in any of the other groups that I am in, and my group members are starting to get the same issue. So far I found a way around the bug by posting a comment in the thread, then going back and editing it to add in the media or hyperlink. This, of course, is becoming irritating for me and the other members and I would very much like to have it fixed.

Not only that, but there is a bug in all the groups I am in, where the name of the person who recently posted is invisible. I found a way around this bug by giving all the members "nicknames" but I still believe that this is an issue that needs to be addressed regardless.

So yeah, that's everything that I found so far! Hope it's not a bother or anything....and that it's fixed soon. ; . ;

I am the owner of a group called "Rose Witch Covenant". For the past month or two I have been unable to hyperlink and embed media. Whenever I try an error message saying "You do not have permission" will pop up, and it has only been happening in that group. It hasn't occurred in any of the other groups that I am in, and my group members are starting to get the same issue. So far I found a way around the bug by posting a comment in the thread, then going back and editing it to add in the media or hyperlink. This, of course, is becoming irritating for me and the other members and I would very much like to have it fixed.

Not only that, but there is a bug in all the groups I am in, where the name of the person who recently posted is invisible. I found a way around this bug by giving all the members "nicknames" but I still believe that this is an issue that needs to be addressed regardless.

So yeah, that's everything that I found so far! Hope it's not a bother or anything....and that it's fixed soon. ; . ;
Our groups system sucks ass. ;__; With every forum update it gets more and more out of date, and is no longer actively supported by the coders. So we're hitting a point where we don't have the ability to fix most of these bugs in it. We've been testing other group systems so we can migrate, but don't have one ready yet for live testing. (We're waiting on our beta package to be sent to us!)

If it's happening in just that group though (the no permissions thing) that is quite weird. o___o Try to just post the link itself in the post box, and don't use the editor buttons. The link to media SHOULD automagically convert to a video bbcode when the post is posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.