Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
This is a thread for reporting anything you believe to be a bug!

LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES (CHECK THIS LIST BEFORE POSTING):

• Style looks OFF. - This isn't a bug it's just an update annoyance. We'll be tweaking things as time goes by. Tell us if there is a place you can't see text properly though.
  • Some people are having issues sending new DMs
  • The Text editor is having random strange issues with posting properly, sending messages, and settings.
  • Quoting Issues
  • Google Fonts aren't all working proper
  • Bump Permissions missing
  • Signature display issues
  • Alerts not auto dismissing on mobile

Last edited:
Went to poke around on my friends profile looking for bugs and when I go to type a profile post the borders around the text box disappear and I can't seem to type anywhere. The borders come back when I click away though.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Ashi
So far I've found:
I can't quote posts
I can't start new Direct Messages to people
And text remains in the boxes even after posting

• Useful
Reactions: *Angelica*
Unsure if this falls under Style looking off, but some fonts seem like they are not working properly:
Marcellus, Satisfy, and Times New Roman are all almost completely identical now.

Thank you admins for all your hard work.

These are not massive errors, but I thought I'd contribute anyway:
- Google fonts do not seem to be working.
- There is a word count below the text box, but it seems perpetually stuck at 0 words.
- EDIT: The blue star connections forum appears under role-play connections for me (I'm an adult member). It does say private though, but throwing this in here just in case it's unintended.
- Sometimes member signatures seem to be cut off with no way of toggling it.
- Found another one. I can't post on people's profiles. The text box disappears.

Last edited:
Adrian said:
- There is a word count below the text box, but it seems perpetually stuck at 0 words.
It shows for me on mobile, but there is a bit of a lag on desktop.

Also, highlighting a portion of a message and trying to reply doesn't seem to work. It takes me down to the text box but it's blank. Clicking reply on the message itself doesn't appear to work either.

• Useful
Reactions: EldridSmith
Seems as if sending a PM ends up with an identical copy of your message being saved in the text box after you send it. It disappears after you leave the PM and go back in.

Edit: happens here too, not confined to just PMs

I think something in the theme may be interfering with the redirection produced by the data-xf-click attribute as without it the quote functionality works fine in the resulting new pageload.

May be a staff option but I don't have the bump posts option anymore.

Also, once posting a reply the words stay in the text box. It doesn't reset.

I get a server error trying to start new direct messages.

Reactions: *Angelica*
I get a server error trying to send new pms as well but also whenever I try to delete a forum post.

Reactions: Bubs and *Angelica*
Same as Reina, no longer have the ability to bump posts

Posts stay in box after posting and I'm unable to use the bold, italic, or any of those functions

• Useful
Reactions: grumpy black cat
I'm not sure if this is intended design, but alerts no longer automatically dismiss on mobile. Each alert has to be manually marked as read.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an unfortunate consequence of the redesign, but several font awesome icons are no longer usable. Additionally, I've noticed that animations have been affected. At least, the spin animation no longer works.

@Jenamos the font calls are failing because it's using invalid syntax in the href that loads them.

More of a ui issue than a bug but on mobile the insert link submit button overlaps with the post reply button. Submitting the link results in the post being posted - with the link intact.

1619697467346.png
Completely unable to start conversations on here. I haven't tried bumping threads. But I can't "quote" or "reply" to messages in DMs

Summary, by reporters:

@Bubbly Potions @AshenAngel @Lo @EldridSmith Completely unable to start conversations or delete a forum post
Bug testing - https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/conversations/add throws a 500 error as a response which is why conversations can't be added. deleting likely the same issue.

@grumpy black cat - on mobile the insert link submit button overlaps with the post reply button. Submitting the link results in the post being posted - with the link intact.
possible cause: may be related to the font calls failing if CSS is based on the text size of a different font.

Font issues
@Jenamos - several font awesome icons are no longer usable. Additionally, I've noticed that animations have been affected. At least, the spin animation no longer works.
@littlekreen @Adrian @Kinotea - fonts not working/loading
bug testing: Font API calls are invalid. CSS2 cannot specify multiple font families in that way.

@Peregrine - alerts no longer automatically dismiss on mobile. Each alert has to be manually marked as read.

@Reina @Sorrelfur - no longer have the ability to bump posts

@Bubbly Potions can't "quote" or "reply" to messages in DMs
@Adrian @Marceline Can't post to profiles, text box goes missing.
@Reina @Sorrelfur @noodle @EldridSmith - once posting a reply the words stay in the text box. It doesn't reset. unable to use the bold, italic, or any of those functions
Bug testing: Possibly all related. There's something wrong with how the [do this thing here] property of data-xf-click works with quotes and may be an issue with the theme.

@Adrian Word count stuck at zero on mobile. Significant lag on desktop.
bug testing: I can't read minified javascript well but looking at what does that counting something about it has a bad code smell.

@Adrian The blue star connections forum appears under role-play connections for an adult member. It does say private though.

@Adrian Sometimes member signatures seem to be cut off with no way of toggling it.

Iwaku is bugging for push notifications. Which is new.

Status
Not open for further replies.