BUG BUG REPORTS THREAD: Xenforo 2.2.12

• Before posting a thread, please take a look at the Iwaku FAQs to see if your question has already been answered there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
This is a thread for reporting anything you believe to be a bug!

LIST OF KNOWN ISSUES (CHECK THIS LIST BEFORE POSTING):

• I am just going to assume Font Awesome and Google Fonts are broken in some fashion because they ALWAYS ARE.
  • The Discord Connection thing isn't working yet >:[ i still have to fix it

Not sure if this is a known issue or not, but for the past couple weeks, probably since the last update, I've been having issues with the post box loading in. It's honestly a miracle it managed to work this time 😅 I use an iPad or iPhone exclusively for Iwaku things, so maybe it's just an issue with the mobile version, but sometimes refreshing a few times will bring it back and sometimes I can't get literally anything to load properly for hours. Attached are screenshots of how profile photos won't load, and what the post box looks like when it's broken. The same thing is happening to PMs as well.

Attachments

• A00C7243-59CC-4DB4-A1CC-599D01A5A81A.png
    A00C7243-59CC-4DB4-A1CC-599D01A5A81A.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 711C1267-CD86-497B-9036-3E3319C91C5C.jpeg
    711C1267-CD86-497B-9036-3E3319C91C5C.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 9
Hello! I seem to have some issues with my posts being locked where right after I post I can't edit them, and people can't quote or emote react to the post.

For example, I recently posted this post for a sign up thread, and the GM usually emotes to show they've read the post, but informed me in the OOC thread that they are unable to give my post any emotes. I went back to check on it this morning and I can't even edit my post. Any links listed at the bottom of the posts are locked, but I can share and bookmark and click on the post number.

Hello! I seem to have some issues with my posts being locked where right after I post I can't edit them, and people can't quote or emote react to the post.

For example, I recently posted this post for a sign up thread, and the GM usually emotes to show they've read the post, but informed me in the OOC thread that they are unable to give my post any emotes. I went back to check on it this morning and I can't even edit my post. Any links listed at the bottom of the posts are locked, but I can share and bookmark and click on the post number.
im p sure it's due to your code! it'll be awhile before i get home but i can peek and try and edit it out for you once i do!

• Thank You
Reactions: Effervescent
rissa is right. The issue is the code itself. I hope you don't mind, @rissa, but I had a bit of time just now and ended up fixing the code all the way through. All that needs to be done is for you or another moderator to get it edited into the post. :)

Code:
[div=width:100%; z-index:3; display:flex; overflow-x:hidden; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; justify-content: center;][div=background:url(https://i.imgur.com/dSmO7cM.jpg) no-repeat center center; background-size: cover; min-width: 300px; border:8px solid black;][div=min-width: 300px; background:transparent; margin-right:10px; text-align:center;]
[div=font-size:20pt; letter-spacing:1.5px; color:white; text-shadow: 2px 2px black; padding-top:400px; font-family: Cinzel; font-variant:small-caps;]Liam Alderborn[/div][div=font-size:10pt; letter-spacing:1.5px; color:white; font-family: Marcellus; font-variant:small-caps;]Voyer || Proferer[/div][/div][/div]
[div=flex:2; min-width: 300px; background:grey; opacity: 1; border:9px solid black; ][div=height:480px; overflow-y: scroll;][div=padding:10px 0 10px 10px;]
[div=padding:0px;][div=vertical-align:top; text-align:justify;line-height:12pt;][div=
   font-size:15px;
   font-family:Marcellus;
   line-height:2rem;
   letter-spacing:1px;
   word-spacing:1.7px;
   color: black;]Age         || 27
Height         || 5'11"
Gender         || Male
Physique     || Fit
Hair        || Black, curly, shaggy
Eyes         || Brown
Complexion     || Fair
[HR=3][/HR]
Strengths    || Loyal, Focused, Intelligent
Weaknesses    || Pride, Secretive, Judgmental
[HR=3][/HR]
Wild raven-black hair cascades in an untamed mess of locks reaching only just to his broad shoulders.  He's a rugged looking man with his life's journey etched into a creased brow.  Dark, piercing brown eyes reflect determination hooded deeply and pensively, and within the darkest depths of his gaze lies the weight of responsibility and the burden of action.  His face is softly chiseled with stoic masculinity framed by the stubble of a beard trimmed neatly. 

Under his standard attire is a lean physique honed from a life of necessity as a protector utilizing both magic and martial skill.  He is an embodiment of the Ashir with a severe demeanor and proper posture.
[HR=3][/HR]
There are perhaps unspoken sentiments that linger upon his lips, but he remains vigilant and obedient to keep his mind sharp for any task that arises.  His mental well-being is tantamount and prioritized to the point where he holds little thought to strengthening relationships among those he tends to work with most.  The bonds within his family are important to him to the same degree as professional relations.  He may consider some friends, though does not take measures to know them deeply or allow them to harbor closeness.  He is practical, logical, and is often dismissive of his own emotions yet believes he processes them correctly.

Pride in his magical abilities is perhaps his greatest weakness.  His pride in how adept he has become within Voyering is the foundation of his logical mind and separation of emotional ties.  There is a deeply rooted fear of the Mirror Realm his ego will no longer acknowledge.  He is, after all, very good at his magic.

Proferement became a secondary focus born from not just the practical applications within Voyering, but in the interest of tackling a challenge.  He has a mind that craves puzzles and problem solving that push beyond expectations.  Boredom breeds a wandering mind, and a wandering mind would do him no good with his magic.
[HR=3][/HR]
Liam's guide is perhaps his closest bond.  Erimentha Alderborn, aged 64, has been Liam's guide since he was fifteen, and was the one who taught him the importance of a healthy mind and body.
[HR=3][/HR]
Those who can recall any past with Liam would know magic did not come easily to him in his younger years.  The boy struggled into his teenage years trying his best to cast at the level of his peers.  It wasn't until after he was assigned a guide that he began to truly perform magic to standard, and has since proved himself a capable practitioner of Voyering and Proferement, particularly focusing on the procurement of information.
[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div]

One of the height values was causing issues. Removing it fixed the problem. I did, however, wound up removing other lines of code while trying to diagnose the issue. Afaik it caused no visible changes to the end result, so those lines of code were likely extraneous. I also made some fixes to the responsiveness of your code (made it more mobile-friendly, so to speak). Hope this helps!

@Effervescent

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: rissa
That's wild! Thank you for your help!

rissa is right. The issue is the code itself. I hope you don't mind, @rissa, but I had a bit of time just now and ended up fixing the code all the way through. All that needs to be done is for you or another moderator to get it edited into the post. :)

Code:
[div=width:100%; z-index:3; display:flex; overflow-x:hidden; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; justify-content: center;][div=background:url(https://i.imgur.com/dSmO7cM.jpg) no-repeat center center; background-size: cover; min-width: 300px; border:8px solid black;][div=min-width: 300px; background:transparent; margin-right:10px; text-align:center;]
[div=font-size:20pt; letter-spacing:1.5px; color:white; text-shadow: 2px 2px black; padding-top:400px; font-family: Cinzel; font-variant:small-caps;]Liam Alderborn[/div][div=font-size:10pt; letter-spacing:1.5px; color:white; font-family: Marcellus; font-variant:small-caps;]Voyer || Proferer[/div][/div][/div]
[div=flex:2; min-width: 300px; background:grey; opacity: 1; border:9px solid black; ][div=height:480px; overflow-y: scroll;][div=padding:10px 0 10px 10px;]
[div=padding:0px;][div=vertical-align:top; text-align:justify;line-height:12pt;][div=
   font-size:15px;
   font-family:Marcellus;
   line-height:2rem;
   letter-spacing:1px;
   word-spacing:1.7px;
   color: black;]Age         || 27
Height         || 5'11"
Gender         || Male
Physique     || Fit
Hair        || Black, curly, shaggy
Eyes         || Brown
Complexion     || Fair
[HR=3][/HR]
Strengths    || Loyal, Focused, Intelligent
Weaknesses    || Pride, Secretive, Judgmental
[HR=3][/HR]
Wild raven-black hair cascades in an untamed mess of locks reaching only just to his broad shoulders.  He's a rugged looking man with his life's journey etched into a creased brow.  Dark, piercing brown eyes reflect determination hooded deeply and pensively, and within the darkest depths of his gaze lies the weight of responsibility and the burden of action.  His face is softly chiseled with stoic masculinity framed by the stubble of a beard trimmed neatly. 

Under his standard attire is a lean physique honed from a life of necessity as a protector utilizing both magic and martial skill.  He is an embodiment of the Ashir with a severe demeanor and proper posture.
[HR=3][/HR]
There are perhaps unspoken sentiments that linger upon his lips, but he remains vigilant and obedient to keep his mind sharp for any task that arises.  His mental well-being is tantamount and prioritized to the point where he holds little thought to strengthening relationships among those he tends to work with most.  The bonds within his family are important to him to the same degree as professional relations.  He may consider some friends, though does not take measures to know them deeply or allow them to harbor closeness.  He is practical, logical, and is often dismissive of his own emotions yet believes he processes them correctly.

Pride in his magical abilities is perhaps his greatest weakness.  His pride in how adept he has become within Voyering is the foundation of his logical mind and separation of emotional ties.  There is a deeply rooted fear of the Mirror Realm his ego will no longer acknowledge.  He is, after all, very good at his magic.

Proferement became a secondary focus born from not just the practical applications within Voyering, but in the interest of tackling a challenge.  He has a mind that craves puzzles and problem solving that push beyond expectations.  Boredom breeds a wandering mind, and a wandering mind would do him no good with his magic.
[HR=3][/HR]
Liam's guide is perhaps his closest bond.  Erimentha Alderborn, aged 64, has been Liam's guide since he was fifteen, and was the one who taught him the importance of a healthy mind and body.
[HR=3][/HR]
Those who can recall any past with Liam would know magic did not come easily to him in his younger years.  The boy struggled into his teenage years trying his best to cast at the level of his peers.  It wasn't until after he was assigned a guide that he began to truly perform magic to standard, and has since proved himself a capable practitioner of Voyering and Proferement, particularly focusing on the procurement of information.
[/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div][/div]

One of the height values was causing issues. Removing it fixed the problem. I did, however, wound up removing other lines of code while trying to diagnose the issue. Afaik it caused no visible changes to the end result, so those lines of code were likely extraneous. I also made some fixes to the responsiveness of your code (made it more mobile-friendly, so to speak). Hope this helps!

@Effervescent
That's wild! Thank you for your help!

Thank you for the fix, it has now been edited! Happy roleplayin' 💃

Issues I have noticed:
  1. The Conversations feature seems to be broken (I'm sure I posted this issue months ago, but I can't find it); it shows as 1 new message despite it being me who posted that message in the PM thread, making it seem as if I got an instant reply.
  2. The last read date in PMs is not consistent with the last time a message was received or when a partner actually read the message; it seems to update completely randomly. These partners are not hiding their read status, as it doesn't show the typical XenForo "unknown" and it does update when it wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.